• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

So I'm basically in the endgame, and I just
assaulted the prydwen.
one of the piles of ash after the battle was over...was hancock. Did I kill hancock by accident? is he permanently dead? should I reload my save?

Krakn3Dfx

After reading the PC Gamer article, I started my own "Stay in Sanctuary" run a few nights ago.

I left he vault, collected all of the stuff in the trailers/crates outside of the vault, then jogged down to Sanctuary, talked up the workbench to activate it, spent a good awhile scrapping everything I could in the settlement area. I built a few beds, planted a few melons, put down a new water pump, and then put up a homing beacon tower.

Then I slept til 7am, went to run the length of the river around the settlement, and a lady was walking up the street. I dressed her in a spare Vault 111 outfit I had and assigned her to all of the crops. There weren't enough crops to take up all of her time, so I built a reclamation station to assign her to as well, but it seems like it someone is assigned to scavenge for stuff, they can only do that, so I put her back on crops for the time being.

The next day another lady showed up. I put her in the last Vault 111 outfit I had and assigned her to scavenge. I did my daily walk of the river, killed 3 mongrel dogs and a few bloat flies, came back home and cooked them all up, which gave me enough XP to hit level 3. I put my first 2 points into Scrapper.

The next couple of days, I walked the river, never crossing, lured another couple of dogs onto my side and killed them for meat. On Day Four, another lady showed up, and another on Day Five. Now I have 4 women living in my settlement, no men yet for whatever reason.

From scavenging Vault 111 before I left and scraping pretty much everything in Sanctuary in the area it would allow for, I was able to throw up a couple of sentry guns on roofs around the main house. That turned out to be a good thing. On Day 7 I decided to break the rules a little and run up to the Red Rocket to get Dogmeat as well as get the stuff in the bag next to the statue on the other side of the bridge leading into Sanctuary. I bee lined to the station, talked to him, and headed back. The first thing I noticed coming back across the bridge into town was 6 or 7 raiders milling around by the first house, not really doing anything. Yet.

As soon as they saw me, they immediately started shooting, I ran behind one of the other houses and made my way around to the main house. By that time, the settlers were aware of what was going on and were running towards the raiders guns drawn and popping shots. Luckily they didn't have to do much, the sentry guns made quick work of them. Good stuff.

I spent some time taking everything off of every raider, which included a lot of armor, 10mm pistols and pipe guns. I was able to equip all by one of my settlers with some armor, and I was able to mod a few of the weapons I picked up, giving me some XP in the process. At this point, I'm up to level 5.

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun just kind of limiting myself to my little corner of the world. At some point, I'm sure I'll hit a wall have to move forward. Like the person in the PC Gamer article, I haven't see any traders, so I'm guessing you really do have to run the Corcord mission before Carla shows up. I may do that soon, since it would be nice to have a trader in town to buy/sell from. I must have been pretty thorough on my first time through Sanctuary, because my assigned scavengers haven't found anything so far.

CV46L4yWsAIXskb.jpg:large

joecanada

So I'm basically in the endgame, and I just
assaulted the prydwen.
one of the piles of ash after the battle was over...was hancock. Did I kill hancock by accident? is he permanently dead? should I reload my save?

haha I don't know the answer to your question but I find it hilarious... did you actually search a pile of ash and find it was named Hancock? Also did he have any good items on him? Sorry LOL

haha I don't know the answer to your question but I find it hilarious... did you actually search a pile of ash and find it was named Hancock? Also did he have any good items on him? Sorry LOL

Yeah, one of the many dead bodies/piles of ashes had a ton of legendary stuff on it. And then it dawned on me that it was all the stuff I had given hancock.

Aaaaaaaand I think I just deleted the save that would give me a chance of recovering him. God dammit.

Yup just tried to use a console command to get him to teleport to me...he gone. I'm devastated. He hasn't left my side since I got him :(

johnsmith

remember me
@Krakn3Dfx

How did you get crystal? I tried this and didn't get any anywhere near sanctuary. Had to go to Drumlin Diner (which is also where you meet Carla)

Krakn3Dfx

@Krakn3Dfx

How did you get crystal? I tried this and didn't get any anywhere near sanctuary. Had to go to Drumlin Diner (which is also where you meet Carla)

I got lucky, there was a camera in one of the crates right outside of Vault 111.

I forgot about meeting her there, I'll probably end up running up that way at some point just to get her to show up.

Kin5290

The mod for the X-01 helmet that makes every living thing show up red is useless. You can't tell who is a enemy or not. Also talking some one as red lines move down them gets boring after a while.
You can take the helmet off in cities and what not when you're expecting to talk with people.

I find it's incredibly useful for scanning for enemies. It's alerted me to feral ghouls that are playing possum, as well as the big fuckoff insects.

So anyone legit get that 100% happiness achievement? I have 19 people in Sanctuary (I assume this is the max) and I have enough beds, defense and food. AND i have all the shops built. Stuck at 83% happiness

Tigress

The first thing I noticed coming back across the bridge into town was 6 or 7 raiders milling around by the first house, not really doing anything. Yet.

As soon as they saw me, they immediately started shooting, I ran behind one of the other houses and made my way around to the main house. By that time, the settlers were aware of what was going on and were running towards the raiders guns drawn and popping shots. Luckily they didn't have to do much, the sentry guns made quick work of them. Good stuff.

Damnit, raiders ignore Sanctuary for me. I even took away all the defenses (save the junkyard dog) and stood around for a day or two and nothing happened (and it has good food and water resources). Maybe I was not patient enough. But I wanted to try out my building that I had partially built as a good spot to snipe from. Except no one comes I can snipe.

So anyone legit get that 100% happiness achievement? I have 19 people in Sanctuary (I assume this is the max) and I have enough beds, defense and food. AND i have all the shops built. Stuck at 83% happiness

Not joking, build a flea market of Clinics Tier 3 and staff them with a settler. 16 clinics should be enough with 16 settlers. Put 4 people on farming mutifruit Trees.

Have over 100 Security rating. (turrets without the need for electricity)
Have 20 Food, 20 water, and 20 beds.

Electricity doesn't factor in.

Get as high of a charisma rating as you can get from stat and cloths, build a town bell, ring it and remain in the center of your citizens.

Btw... I wish I was joking. This works.

Beefy

You can take the helmet off in cities and what not when you're expecting to talk with people.

I find it's incredibly useful for scanning for enemies. It's alerted me to feral ghouls that are playing possum, as well as the big fuckoff insects.

Shame you can't press a button to turn it on/off.

joecanada

Not joking, b<script id="gpt-impl-0.24566251418416518" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_78.js"></script>uild a flea market of Clinics Tier 3 and staff them with a settler. 16 clinics should be enough with 16 settlers. Put 4 people on farming mutifruit Trees.

Get as high of a charisma rating as you can get from stat and cloths, build a town bell, ring it and remain in the center of your citizens.

yes this seems the most likely way ... however i have seen a few guides with 6 settlers, 5 on clinics , 1 on food... requires less overall and supposedly works.... haven't tried yet though I'm gonna give it a go post - game I think.

50 hours in and I finally encounter my first truly memorable moment (
boxing a robot at General Atomics
). It's a shame this game is so lacking when it comes to wacky and memorable moments/characters like that. Almost everything else has just been one big blur.

Hawkie

yes this seems the most likely way ... however i have seen a few guides with 6 settlers, 5 on clinics , 1 on food... requires less overall and supposedly works.... haven't tried yet though I'm gonna give it a go post - game I think.

That definitely works. I did it at Red Rocket and it took about 2 hrs from scratch.

50 hours in and I finally encounter my first truly memorable moment (
boxing a robot at General Atomics
). It's a shame this game is so lacking when it comes to wacky and memorable moments/characters like that. Almost everything else has just been one big blur.

Man, I've had plenty of crazy moments. I'm constantly baffled when people post things like this, feels like we've been playing different games.

Man, I've had plenty of crazy moments. I'm constantly baffled when people post things like this, feels like we've been playing different games.

I've spent a lot of time clearing out the area around Cambridge, so perhaps that part of the world is just a bore? I've encountered almost nothing memorable there. The only thing that would even come close is the
"research project" you have to carry out at the Polymer Labs
, which to me was more of a chore than anything. Everything else has been insanely mundane, both in terms of scenarios and characters.

Replicant

Yeah, I am baffled when people say the encounters are predictable. That's never the case for me. I've had varied encounters, some of which almost made my heart jump out because I didn't expect to encounter that.

I think I said this how because I carried too much weight and didn't want to leave free power armor suite, I ended up trekking from North East area to Red Rocket. On my way, I saw something which I thought was a human until I realised it's something called Behemoth, which I never encountered before. Thankfully I saved first because I nearly got wiped out by it.

So I have just done the
battle for bunker hill
mission, and I am getting a little worried. I have so far not really aligned with any particular faction, and outside of a few run ins with different groups, I also haven't done many faction missions. However, after the mission I just mentioned, I ended up
killing shit loads of railroad members
, will I be locked out of their future quests, or will the game make it super obvious when I have align with someone.

Also, approximately how far through the main campaign am I?

Anyone have the bug where when you're away from your settlement, sometimes it thinks you have way less built there then you actually do? I have 22+ beds at Sanctuary. Sometimes, when on a quest, I check to see the happiness of them all and it has a warning that there's only 12 beds there. Any fix?

Anyone have the bug where when you're away from your settlement, sometimes it thinks you have way less built there then you actually do? I have 22+ beds at Sanctuary. Sometimes, when on a quest, I check to see the happiness of them all and it has a warning that there's only 12 beds there. Any fix?

Same deal here, and I've seen others mention it so we're definitely not alone.

Faenix1

So how do you people get more settlers?

Had the beacon on for many, many hours now but always have the same amount. I have like 19 Food, 79 Defense, 49 Water (Mostly to sell the water lol), and 20 Beds. Surely I should have more than 13 people, right? (Besides the starter Santuary Settlers + Compansions, I probably only had one or two people show up.)

You know you got a problem when you have to kill a guy, which kind of sucks since you're not exactly a "bad" person, just because you ant more settlers at Santuary. Only reason I didn't bring Holt too is cause I dislike him.
The hell am I doing wrong here?

Beefy

Had the beacon on for many, many hours now but always have the same amount. I have like 19 Food, 79 Defense, 49 Water (Mostly to sell the water lol), and 20 Beds. Surely I should have more than 13 people, right? (Besides the starter Santuary Settlers + Compansions, I probably only had one or two people show up.)

You know you got a problem when you have to kill a guy, which kind of sucks since you're not exactly a "bad" person, just because you ant more settlers at Santuary. Only reason I didn't bring Holt too is cause I dislike him.

What's your Charisma?

I believe your max is 10 + whatever your charisma level is. If you're having trouble, you could always go to another settlement and send settlers to Sanctuary instead. Some settlements seem to be quicker at recruiting new settlers based on their locations.

Watevaman

I'm still having a ball doing nothing but wandering around gathering junk and clearing out places. Without any quests to guide me, it's pretty much just been running towards gunfire when I hear it and fucking shit up.

johnsmith

remember me

Unlock more settlements, set them all up with recruiting beacons and then move them around wherever you want them. Max population in a single settlement is 10+charisma and this counts clothes and temporary buffs. So you can end up with 30+ settlers if you pop grape mentats, drink some beer, and wear charisma clothes while moving people. They don't leave after your temporary buffs wear off.

joecanada

I have never seen a fix, one poster on reddit claimed walking away from settlement rather than closing menu worked, I have tried it but as the bug is so random I can't actually tell you if it works for sure... it seemed to work on like 5 tries but that isn't really evidence.... so I walk away with the UI open, until it warns you and closes....

Not joking, build a flea market of Clinics Tier 3 and staff them with a settler. 16 clinics should be enough with 16 settlers. Put 4 people on farming mutifruit Trees.

lol wtf...I should just SAM achievement this but no! i wont!

I've got over 400 water at the Castle. Produces more Pure Water than I and my companions can carry or that I can sell. Is there a perk that increases the amount of caps vendors have available?

Also I'm having a glitch where if I sell enough to one vendor I won't be able to sell anymore, despite them having caps. If I sell something I won't get the caps for it.

Yes, the 3rd level of cap collector allows you to invest 500 caps to a vendor, and that 500 caps will permanently increase their cap limit by 500.

Its great because if you got 500 caps, when you invest, it goes straight to their caps ammount, so you can sell them 500 caps worth of stuff and get those caps right back, lol.

But when they refresh their caps, they will remain with 500 more caps than what they had before.

Also, some magazines increase their caps limit by 5%. Ive only saw one though.

So I tried to cheat the game tonight. During one of the main missions
finding Kellog, I tried to get into Fort Hagen before interacting with Dogmeat......
It turns out that the game blocks doors that allows story progression :/

I was disappointed.

joecanada

finding Kellog, I tried to get into Fort Hagen before interacting with Dogmeat......

I was disappointed.

open world my ass! I'm going home to smash my disc to bits.

actually game sharing this with a friend lol

I was disappointed.

Wood covering the elevator, yeah. Hah. I have a hypothesis that the protagonist is actually one of the aliens from the movie Signs.

Lol, an alien from Signs

Whatatwist.jpg

Speaking of water, I still find it funny how in power armor, you just sink all the way to the bottom of a large body of water lol

Yeah, I don't want to do that to Curie. She's way more awesome the way she is.

Faenix1

What's your Charisma?

I believe your max is 10 + whatever your charisma level is. If you're having trouble, you could always go to another settlement and send settlers to Sanctuary instead. Some settlements seem to be quicker at recruiting new settlers based on their locations.

Unlock more settlements, set them all up with recruiting beacons and then move them around wherever you want them. Max population in a single settlement is 10+charisma and this counts clothes and temporary buffs. So you can end up with 30+ settlers if you pop grape mentats, drink some beer, and wear charisma clothes while moving people. They don't leave after your temporary buffs wear off.

Charisma is 10, 12 with my hat and glasses.

Guess I'll spend the day working on settlements getting them all protected so I don't get those "failed defense" notifications.

Time to drop Curie - since apparently I'm stuck on her quest until I advance the plot - and get Preston again, I guess.

Pillville

Not sure if this has been brought up, but since the latest update the Vita remote play controls don't work right.

Some buttons do nothing, some buttons do the wrong thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've done it as well, it works. Posted a guide and video a few pages back in this thread.

Watevaman

Hey guys, Heavy Gunner vs. Commando?

I'm done with all the perks for my main combat rifle (Rifleman, Ninja, Better Criticals, Bloody Mess) and now I'm branching out to other weapons. I'm between Commando and Heavy Gunner, mainly because I'm so damn OP at this point that I just want to tear everything apart with automatic weapons. Right now the only automatic weapon I'm carrying is my explosive 10mm pistol, which I use mainly against hordes of ghouls. However, with the Heavy Gunner perk, I would be able to use my missile launcher or Fat Man with incredible damage because I've also maxed out Demolition Expert.

For those of you that rocked both semi-auto rifles like the combat rifle and fully automatic guns like the assault rifle, is Commando even worth it or should I stick with the single shots?

Replicant

Finally finished pumping MacReady for his affection/perk. Gonna dump him soon so I can pump someone else's perk. /Black Heart Survivor

Went through an extremely radiated area for his son's cure. I hope he has some RadAway for himself. There's no point if his son is cured and he gets sick from radiation.

Thezez

Banned
Welp, I think I'm stuck. (near end game mission/story spoilers)

Currently stuck in the ‘Powering Up’ mission, I need to attend the directorate meeting, but nothing happens when I sit down at the table. Tried sleeping, completing side quests, nothing helps. From what I’ve seen online, if you shoot up the Prdwyn before Powering Up, the meeting won’t ever start for some reason. Only solution appears to be console commands, but I’m on PS4. Can’t even switch to the Railroad, as you need to complete Powering Up for that as well.

Anyone else had this experience? Anything I can do to fix? (besides going waaay back in my saves)

joecanada

I've done it as well, it works. Posted a guide and video a few pages back in this thread.

ah was that you? great work, I'm going to go back to that first thing when I finish the quest trophies.... hope it works at Boston Airport because my plan is to NOT build radio beacon but just send my 6 people there from other places... and its my only non-built settlement right now.

Anyone else have an issue with ballistic weave not showing up?

I talked to Tinker Tom about it and he started selling armored clothes, but when I go to a workbench I don't get the option to add ballistic weave to anything.

Top Bottom