• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

psylah

Have we confirmed that the 1.02 patch fixed the infinite building / materials duping glitches?

I need to know this. I stopped and deleted the patch before it could fully downloading. I didn't want to be deprived of my precious adhesive.

You need to leave the Silver Shroud card and without it, sometimes it won't work. Also, for the last mission you need to travel back to Goodneighbor

I decided to risk it and update FO4 on the PS4 and I can confirm that the infinite buildspace glitch and resource duplication glitch both still work.

johnsmith

remember me
Anyone else have an issue with ballistic weave not showing up?

I talked to Tinker Tom about it and he started selling armored clothes, but when I go to a workbench I don't get the option to add ballistic weave to anything.
What are you trying to upgrade and is it in your inventory? Options are very limited without mods.

Replicant

I decided to risk it and update FO4 on the PS4 and I can confirm that the infinite buildspace glitch and resource duplication glitch both still work.

Oooh nice. I already duplicated adhesive to be on the safe side and I haven't updated to the latest patch but this is good to know.

HOLY SHIT!!! THE RECOIL!!!

giphy.gif

Dont use automatic shotgun lasers

Oooh nice. I already duplicated adhesive to be on the safe side and I haven't updated to the latest patch but this is good to know.

yea, the reason it wasnt working for me earlier was because i was trying to do it on shipment of steel which doesnt seem to work. but everything else does (adhesive, wood, etc)

I pretty much gave up on base building after they fixed the infinite cap glitch...

Whats a good way to get tons of caps?. I just want to buy material shipments but they are so famn expensive.

psylah

yea, the reason it wasnt working for me earlier was because i was trying to do it on shipment of steel which doesnt seem to work. but everything else does (adhesive, wood, etc)

I found that if you take a shipment order and put it in a container (not the workbench), then take it out and try to do duping with it later, it doesn't work, for some reason.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, so I just got to Sanctuary after the opening stuff. I gotta say...Settlement stuff is not nearly as fun as I was expecting. It feels very tedious and somewhat annoying. Do I have to actually build up anything, or just do what the quests require?

Also, how do I get food for my settlement?

Replicant

I found that if you take a shipment order and put it in a container (not the workbench), then take it out and try to do duping with it later, it doesn't work, for some reason.

Is this post patch? Because I did last night (without patch) and worked for me. Aargh, I'm still not sure if I want this patch at all. :/

While we're at it, do you think "Crawl Out Through The Fallout" sounds like Christmas song?

Crawl out through the fallout, baby
When they drop that bomb
Crawl out through the fallout
With the greatest of aplomb
When your white count's getting higher
Hurry, don't delay
I'll hold you close and kiss those
Radiation burns away

To my loving arms
Through the rain of Strontium 90
Think about your hero
When you're at Ground Zero
And crawl out through the fallout back to me

You know what I mean
Crawl out through the fallout
'Cause they said this bomb was clean
If you cannot find the way
Just listen for my song
I'll love you all your life
Although that may not be too long

To my loving arms
While those ICBM's keep us free
When you hear me call out
Baby, kick the wall out
And crawl out through the fallout back to me

'Cause you'll be the only girl in the world
Why don't you crawl out through the fallout back to me
Why don't you crawl out through the fallout back to me

EDIT: If you play "Fallout Shelter", they have now add Christmas Theme to it. I hope Bethesda does this to the full-game too. Add some snow, I mean.

OK, so I just got to Sanctuary after the opening stuff. I gotta say...Settlement stuff is not nearly as fun as I was expecting. It feels very tedious and somewhat annoying. Do I have to actually build up anything, or just do what the quests require?

Also, how do I get food for my settlement?

Just do what it asks you if you're not feeling it. I have the bare minimum at Sanctuary.

You find corn and various other food around the wasteland. You can harvest it to plant back at a settlement. Just be aware you need water and to make a settler work on that crop.

Beefy

Can trinity tower be officially cleared? I spent an hour on lifts making sure I got everyone, and it still doesn't say it.

Some places can only be cleared with the BoS radiant quests.

Also I may actually try to get every single perk. My next game I want doesn't come out until March, so I have plenty of time.

psylah

Is this post patch? Because I did last night (without patch) and worked for me. Aargh, I'm still not sure if I want this patch at all. :/

While we're at it, do you think "Crawl Out Through The Fallout" sounds like Christmas song?

EDIT: If you play "Fallout Shelter", they have now add Christmas Theme to it. I hope Bethesda does this to the full-game too. Add some snow, I mean.

Nah that was before the patch, maybe it was just a glitch for me.

I had built a small container next to the workbench to hold junk while I duped, and when I was done I put the shipments in the container for later. The next time I went back to dupe I tried using the shipments and they wouldn't turn into wood or steel at all. Just a bug, I guess.

Hero

Just to let everyone know for the max happiness thing, unless the patch fixed it, it can easily be done at Red Rocket Gas Station with 6 settlers, 6 mutfruit plants and 5 tier 3 clinics and a looooot of wooden boxes.

Is University Point supposed to be a settlement?

You know what? There are alot of places that just seem like they can be turned into settlements but they can't. I've been to so many places that seemed like they could be turned into settlements but alas, they can't :( Latest example is the trailer park area before Fort Hagen with the pool in the middle of all the trailerparks.

I got lucky with the Benevolent Leader trophy. I received it randomly while I was out exploring and it just popped up. None of my settlements had even anywhere close to 100% happiness yet I received it. That was before I started to use any glitches.

Replicant

Just to let everyone know for the max happiness thing, unless the patch fixed it, it can easily be done at Red Rocket Gas Station with 6 settlers, 6 mutfruit plants and 5 tier 3 clinics and a looooot of wooden boxes.

Tempting. But I'm not letting those dirty peasants near my Red Rocket Bachelor Pad and especially, near any of my Power Armors EVER AGAIN.

skyhaven

Neo Member
Huh just realized that power armor mods your STR to 10 regardless of your base STR. It makes those 10 AG 10 LK starts way more insane for melee characters.

All you need is STR 2 for Melee perk and then it's clobber time.
Add in Buffout, Bufftat and Whiskey is +7 STR
Quest limited drug +5 STR..
Hnnnnnngh. Maybe 4 points on STR for Blacksmith and Armorer.

welly_59

Neo Member
My latest save game must be bugged as whenever I tried loading it the game would crash to desktop!

Luckily my previous save worked so I only lost 10 minutes of playtime

NBtoaster

Realised I haven't used Pipe weapons outside of the first 20 hours so I should probably sell some of the 6000 .38 ammo I've amassed.

So I have just done the
battle for bunker hill
mission, and I am getting a little worried. I have so far not really aligned with any particular faction, and outside of a few run ins with different groups, I also haven't done many faction missions. However, after the mission I just mentioned, I ended up
killing shit loads of railroad members
, will I be locked out of their future quests, or will the game make it super obvious when I have align with someone.

Also, approximately how far through the main campaign am I?

Does anyone know this?

Doc_Drop

Does anyone know this?

You're ok for the moment, that mission is a bit of a cluster fuck enemy-wise. When you get further you'll know when you're about to make a decision that would lock off access to a specific group. You're maybe 1-2 larger missions away from that I think.Hope that helps

Is there a primer or anything I can read/watch to let me know if this is for me? I'm shopping for something new and this is looking like the only viable option.

I could probably look this up, but how do your power lights? I have a lightbulb in my 'house', power generator doesn't connect up to it.

sappyday

I could probably look this up, but how do your power lights? I have a lightbulb in my 'house', power generator doesn't connect up to it.

Use a power conduit. Connect the generator to the conduit and put lightbulbs near the conduit (it has a certain reach). You don't have to connect lightbulbs to the conduit. You can tell what needs to be connected with a wire or what can be placed around a conduit if it has a lightning bolt with a number (needs to be wired to something) or if it's just a lighting bolt (place near conduit)

I can't get the Max Happiness using Red Rocket. I think i'm gouing to use the Boston Airport and then just send Shaun there on his own and see if that works.

If not then I don't think I will bother with that achievement. Spending enough time trying to get it on both play throughs!

Use a power conduit. Connect the generator to the conduit and put lightbulbs near the conduit (it has a certain reach). You don't have to connect lightbulbs to the conduit. You can tell what needs to be connected with a wire or what can be placed around a conduit if it has a lightning bolt with a number (needs to be wired to something) or if it's just a lighting bolt (place near conduit)

Ah I see. Thanks. I have the first model generator, I think it produces 3 electricity. Can you hook more than one thing to it with the wire, as I have it currently powering my beacon?.

One more thing: it seems I can't place doors anywhere. I need to close up an area, the door fits in perfect but it always has the red outline.

CloudWolf

So I tried to cheat the game tonight. During one of the main missions
finding Kellog, I tried to get into Fort Hagen before interacting with Dogmeat......
It turns out that the game blocks doors that allows story progression :/

I was disappointed.

Yeah, a radiant quest send me to Fort Hagen, so I was like 'hey, maybe I'll find Kellogg and advance the main plot like that, that would be awesome. But nope.

Prowl

Managed to the the benevolent leader/100% happiness trophy tonight by pure luck I didn't even get it at my main base the one I was actually working on, I got it from my settlement at Nordhagen Beach... With 1 settler!? he must be happy as hell living on his own my the sea.

I kept seeing everyone complaining about this thing and it just popped randomly I feel bad for how hard people are working for this one

Managed to the the benevolent leader/100% happiness trophy tonight by pure luck I didn't even get it at my main base the one I was actually working on, I got it from my settlement at Nordhagen Beach... With 1 settler!? he must be happy as hell living on his own my the sea.

I kept seeing everyone complaining about this thing and it just popped randomly I feel bad for how hard people are working for this one

It's the rarest trophy in Fallout 4, PSN says 0.8% of all players got it so far.

Dead Man

So I tried to cheat the game tonight. During one of the main missions
finding Kellog, I tried to get into Fort Hagen before interacting with Dogmeat......
It turns out that the game blocks doors that allows story progression :/

I was disappointed.

That is disappointing, I loved short cutting the main story in 3.

Top Bottom