• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

xkramz

I can't get the Max Happiness using Red Rocket. I think i'm gouing to use the Boston Airport and then just send
Shaun
there on his own and see if that works.

If not then I don't think I will bother with that achievement. Spending enough time trying to get it on both play throughs!
Are u kidding me? I was not expecting that..smh thanks for the spoiler -___-

This will probably strike most people as a silly thing to be upset about, but I'm bummed that I picked the next sneaking perk without realizing until hours later that it stops me from activating traps.

I really love that "oh shit" moment in these games when I'm sneaking around and catch myself an inch before snapping a tripwire, or thinking I've deactivated every mine in an area only to hear the teddy bear in the corner start beeping. Playing on PS4 so don't think I have a way to take that perk back without reloading a 10 hour old save.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Settlements really don't leave you a lot of room to build when you get them, I've got a few walls, some beds, and two vendors at the castle and it's pretty full. I know you can kinda glitch some more space in, but they shouldn't give you an area to build in and then have it two thirds full already. Also the amount of items is pathetic, looking at the mods on PC where they've unlocked a ton of things to build I don't understand why they would only given so few things compared to how much is out there.

I can't get the Max Happiness using Red Rocket. I think i'm gouing to use the Boston Airport and then
just send Shaun there on his own
and see if that works.

If not then I don't think I will bother with that achievement. Spending enough time trying to get it on both play throughs!

Seriously, spoiler your original post.

Currently at 96% happiness with it still rising. I used my
railroad
ending, and I chose to
bring shaun
with me. Sent
him to costal cottage
. Switched off my beacon thing, sent other settlers to other settlements except for 4, and assigned them to 3rd tier health clinics.
Shaun
has assigned himself to a little carrot patch. I have got the clinics in a little circle facings outwards, and I am in the middle of them stood between all the assigned settlers.
Rest of the settlement is filled with wooden storage boxes and I have put some paintings next to the settlers.
It is taking ages to rise, but I started at about 60%.

psylah

Are there any negative consequences to shooting a BOS vertibird and downing it before meeting them?

I've killed BoS guys without the faction turning on me. If they turn on you, you will be told via one of the upper-left screen notifications saying the Brotherhood of Steel is now hostile.

Pillville

Not sure if this has been brought up, but since the latest update the Vita remote play controls don't work right.

Some buttons do nothing, some buttons do the wrong thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

No one can help me?
Am I the only one who uses Vita remote play?

Even if you don't normally use it, can someone try remote play and access a crafting station, and see if the square and triangle buttons work?

Pilgrimzero

Finally started doing Railroad missions, which then dried up. So i went over to the BoS and literally gave me 2 before "Why don;t you keep looking for your kid, maybe find the Institute, then come back and see us."

I mean jeeze the Railroad gave a ton of quests before I guess I hit the "need to advance the plot" limit. BoS was surprisingly few.

I just want the ballistic weave upgrade... come on PAM....

Alpende

All of them

True, you can use the materials from any workbench. You can't, for example, have a ton of Tato in a workbench from settlement X and transfer it to your inventory using a workbench belonging to settlement Y. Which kinda sucks imo.

Finally started doing Railroad missions, which then dried up. So i went over to the BoS and literally gave me 2 before "Why don;t you keep looking for your kid, maybe find the Institute, then come back and see us."

I mean jeeze the Railroad gave a ton of quests before I guess I hit the "need to advance the plot" limit. BoS was surprisingly few.

Tinker Tom is supposed to give that right?

Pilgrimzero

True, you can use the materials from any workbench. You can't, for example, have a ton of Tato in a workbench from settlement X and transfer it to your inventory using a workbench belonging to settlement Y. Which kinda sucks imo.

Tinker Tom is supposed to give that right?

Apparently you do PAM missions until she sends you to Tom. Shes sent me on one and hasn't given anymore. Nor does any other Railroad person

Medicated

Neo Member
Apparently you do PAM missions until she sends you to Tom. Shes sent me on one and hasn't given anymore. Nor does any other Railroad person

All I know is Tom always had endless MILA quests for me and eventually the one Drummer guy would run up to me and say that PAM or someone else had a quest for me when I came back to turn in the MILA quest with Tom

All I know is Tom always had endless MILA quests for me and eventually the one Drummer guy would run up to me and say that PAM or someone else had a quest for me

It's glitched, I did a million of the Railroad quests both pre- and post-endgame and never got access to the ballistic weave. I had to enable it via console.

The DIA cache quests are the ones that are supposed to trigger it but I never got that dialogue from Tom. I'm not sure what bugs it out but sometimes all he'll unlock for you are his unique rifle and the upgrades for that unique silenced pistol the Railroad gives you.

It's the Jackpot quest you get from PAM that triggers Tinkering Tom giving you the ballistic weave armors. Drummer Boy ran up too me right after I finished the quest and went back to the railroad and he told me.

Pilgrimzero

All I know is Tom always had endless MILA quests for me and eventually the one Drummer guy would run up to me and say that PAM or someone else had a quest for me when I came back to turn in the MILA quest with Tom

I ran out of MILA quests, I think there are like 10 total. Give or take.

A few from Drummer boy.

Did a couple missions for the doctor. Then like one for PAM.

Trogdor1123

Anyone able to point me towards a good resource to read up on fallout 4 perks and such? I'm at level 21 and having a bit of trouble finding my direction character wise. People talk about their guys plowing through the game no problem on hard but I'm running out if ammo on normal a fair bit.

Also, should I join the brotherhood of steel? I'd like to but want to stay a minute man.

Tips on builds, perks, companions, and weapons would be appreciated. Only played a bit of fallout before.

v0mitg0d

Anyone able to point me towards a good resource to read up on fallout 4 perks and such? I'm at level 21 and having a bit of trouble finding my direction character wise. People talk about their guys plowing through the game no problem on hard but I'm running out if ammo on normal a fair bit.

Also, should I join the brotherhood of steel? I'd like to but want to stay a minute man.

Tips on builds, perks, companions, and weapons would be appreciated. Only played a bit of fallout before.

Whats your play style? Do you want o man Power Armor? Guide here talks about necessary perks and SPECIAL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czky-2GNGnc&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd&index=6

Also, do you want to sneak?

It's glitched, I did a million of the Railroad quests both pre- and post-endgame and never got access to the ballistic weave. I had to enable it via console.

Could be glitch, I remember just doing a quest or two for their Tinker guy was enough to unlock Ballistic Weave. Btw, Ballistic Weave + Maxson Battlecoat = amazing.

Speak to the Prydwyn captain.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of console commanding no weight limit. I HATE inventory/weight limits in open world games. :| But I don't want to completely destroy the immersion.

J_Viper

Is there really no way for me to use junk stored in the workbench for weapon/armor upgrades?
It's such a slight annoyance to walk back and forth to load then unload materials.

Takuan

I finally arrived at
The Institute
. Best lore in the game so far, really enjoyed going through every single terminal to read logs and such. And it's a treasure trove for crafting stuff! Only quest I've done so far is
getting Virgil's serum
. I just started
Railroad quest to free 13 synths in one shot
, and I expect things to go awry.

This section looks to have a lot of potential. Lots of grey area, eager to see how things play out.

joecanada

I pretty much gave up on base building after they fixed the infinite cap glitch...

Whats a good way to get tons of caps?. I just want to buy material shipments but they are so famn expensive.

some posters have reported that the shipment glitch still works so maybe give that a shot.... otherwise I have seen some good posts in here about people who made water purifiers you could do this in sanctuary or any place where theres real water, and sell the purified water (I tried also to sell adhesive / vegetable starch but it appears the same price as purified water however you do get experience for the making of adhesive so keep that in mind if you want to level up as well..... for this you just take all your purified water and make into vegetable starch at cooking station, only requires like corn and mutfruit or something so that's pretty easy to get as well....
If you are selling stuff to vendors it sounds as though that perk where you can invest in shopkeepers would be well worth it.

Otherwise you could sell back all the ammo you bought (I have 6000 rds of 5mm for example and don't use it) or use dogmeat glitch to dupe expensive items.

johnsmith

remember me
Is there really no way for me to use junk stored in the workbench for weapon/armor upgrades?
It's such a slight annoyance to walk back and forth to load then unload materials.

I thought everything you put in the workbench was used by the armour/weapon benches?
Junk is definitely used automatically if it's in your workbench in the same settlement. The workbench and crafting stations in the same settlement all share the same storage.

You should already have it unlocked at any armor bench if you've done the first cache quest. I only did two and I have it unlocked. Tom will also start selling stuff with the first tier of weave on it.

catspit

Heya guys/gals, I am having a had time deciding if I would like this game or not... I played part 3 a lonnng time ago and only for a few hours. I just remember the world was barren and I kept getting killed by some scorpion things /w kind of clunky combat and I dropped it and never really gave it a chance. My first concern with fallout 4 is if I would get 1. Bored, or 2. Feel overwhelmed because there is so much stuff to do. (I am kind of stalling out on the witcher 3 because of this) I only play maybe 8 hours a week so a huge game can become daunting. Is the world interesting enough and 'alive' enough to keep you searching through endless piles of junk? Anyone have any insight? Should I just skip this one?

Replicant

Holy *bleep* @
Bobbi No-Nose
mission. So many Legendary enemies and so many different paths to take. I was crazy enough to see where the branching will eventually met and ended up fighting more enemies than it was probably necessary. But I'm glad I did. Got some great Legendary loots, most of which I'll probably never use. >_>

johnsmith

remember me
Is taking a lot of drugs really the only way to max out Hancock?
All companions gain affinity just from regular gameplay. Just keep him along and eventually it'll max. Affinity gain isn't limited from just when you get "x liked that" messages. Somebody says it went up just from building a ton, and it definitely goes up from fighting, so it might be tied to xp gain.

so whats up with the south east of the map, where all the water is? anything cool over there or is it just another waste of time like the glowing sea? I went over there and the neatest thing I found was dead dolphins on the boats.

johnsmith

remember me
Danse is probably the best in combat, but just use whoever you like based on their voice and personality. That's the most important thing when you have to listen to their comments for dozens of hours.

BLunted

Banned
Who is the best companion, they all seem weak

Depends on how you play. In a firefight, I found Danse to be the best. Macready just straight up sucks. I was trying to get his perk and he must have spent 75% of the time on his ass. I ended up just giving up on trying to get his perk.

If you are an up close and personal type of player, I like Strong or Codsworth. Strong was probably my personal favourite, and not bad ranged either if you give him a gun, but like how Codsworth would say my name.

That being said, I usually spec in to Lone Wanderer and just travel alone.

Top Bottom