• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Replicant

I'm so done with Macready. He's awful at combat and carrying capacity. I already got his perk anyway. Just loot, loot, loot in Goodneighbour and finish most Good Neighbour-related missions + his mission.

In other note, PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you store your shipment of items in a container, you won't be able to duplicate them again.
Don't store them in a container. Store them with a companion you're not using at the moment. For me that'd be Codsworth.

I can confirm this. I had to resell them and obtain new ones. *sigh*

joecanada

Heya guys/gals, I am having a had time deciding if I would like this game or not... I played part 3 a lonnng time ago and only for a few hours. I just remember the world was barren and I kept getting killed by some scorpion things /w kind of clunky combat and I dropped it and never really gave it a chance. My first concern with fallout 4 is if I would get 1. Bored, or 2. Feel overwhelmed because there is so much stuff to do. (I am kind of stalling out on the witcher 3 because of this) I only play maybe 8 hours a week so a huge game can become daunting. Is the world interesting enough and 'alive' enough to keep you searching through endless piles of junk? Anyone have any insight? Should I just skip this one?

haha based on your description of fallout 3 I would say easily just wait and get a copy of 20 dollars... FO3 was one of my favorites last gen and my only platinum, and 4 will be my second platinum, but no its not WAY better than three.

If you don't enjoy roaming around laughing at the skeletons who puked to death in random bathrooms.... and reading random notes and stuff then NO.

I'm so done with Macready. He's awful at combat and carrying capacity. I already got his perk anyway. Just loot, loot, loot in Goodneighbour and finish most Good Neighbour-related missions + his mission.

If you store your shipment of items in a container, you won't be able to duplicate them again.
Don't store them in a container. Store them with a companion you're not using at the moment. For me that'd be Codsworth.

wait is this new as of patch then?? cuz everyone was doing that before.

Was this only after the patch? Explains why it wasn't working for me after the patch. I will just delete my gamedata and give them to Piper before redownloading the patch.

Faenix1

So that's why they became unusable. Well shoot. lol
Ah well, done working on settlements now that I have a supply of settlers I can move.

Doesn't seem to be because of the patch. Though, it only seems to effect some of the shipments - namely concrete and Oil, that I know of.

How do you duplicate them on first case

Replicant

wait is this new as of patch then?? cuz everyone was doing that before.

Was this only after the patch? Explains why it wasn't working for me after the patch. I will just delete my gamedata and give them to Piper before redownloading the patch.

I have downloaded the patch but haven't installed it but all of my shipment of items are no longer working after I created a container and put them there.

Normally I put them in Codsworth and that always works. But after I put them in the container, it stops working.

So I think it doesn't matter if you have the patch or not, I think putting it in a container will stop you from duplicating it. I've obtained some new ones and it's working again but this time I'll store them with Codsworth.

How do you douplucate them on first case

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=188463644&highlight=#post188463644

Replicant

BTW, I bought some shipments orders and a Powersuit carcass I think, how do I use them, I stored the orders on Sanctuary

Didn't even know there's such thing as Powersuit frame shipment. Neat.

What do you mean by 'store'? I hope you didn't put it in a workbench because the game will recognised that as you depositing the paper and asking for the frame. But you'll only get what you paid for that way.

Didn't even know there's such thing as Powersuit frame shipment. Neat.

What do you mean by 'store'? I hope you didn't put it in a workbench because the game will recognised that as you depositing the paper and asking for the frame. But you'll only get what you paid for that way.

Yeah I bought the frame but I dont know if appears on my base or where I bought it, I out the shipments on the workbench, did I lose the materials?

Hey, let me try and finish off these que-Ooooooh let me build some awesome settlements first!

Every. Damn. Time. Lmao

Edit:
Yeah I bought the frame but I dont know if appears on my base or where I bought it, I out the shipments on the workbench, did I lose the materials?

I can help with that. When you buy a power frame, you will not notice it at first but there's a small help window popping out on the top left or right part of your screen.

It says that you can redeem your power armor at the nearest power armor station. It won't be near the station but close by. If you buy it from Arturo your armor will be on the left side of his side.

If you ever store your shipments onto your workbench you can kiss them goodbye since that's how they are supposed to be stored. If you had 100 wood and you bought a shipment of 25 wood it'll automatically be added to your 100 wood when you store your shipment in your workbench.

joecanada

I have downloaded the patch but haven't installed it but all of my shipment of items are no longer working after I created a container and put them there.

Normally I put them in Codsworth and that always works. But after I put them in the container, it stops working.

So I think it doesn't matter if you have the patch or not, I think putting it in a container will stop you from duplicating it. I've obtained some new ones and it's working again but this time I'll store them with Codsworth.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=188463644&highlight=#post188463644

No I don't think so, I learned about the thing from a youtuber who recommended using a container to store them... so either there's a change post patch or not I think.......

No I don't think so, I learned about the thing from a youtuber who recommended using a container to store them... so either there's a change post patch or not I think.......
Before the patch the glitch would sometimes stop working and either fast traveling away and waiting 24 hours before traveling back or restarting the game would fix it.

I haven't tested it since the patch.

Trogdor1123

Wait, we can change the guns that companions use?!!! How? Can we give them armour too?

I didn't know we could use codsworth either... Bah!

How do you trade between settlements as well?

Benedict

Somebody else had troubles playing the game on the Vita after the patch?
Seems like the X button for taking items stop working now and then, so I'll have to quit and restart.

I really hope they release a patch that helps you to find missing companions(on consoles), because I dismissed Curie a lifetime ago and I still have yet to ever see her.

Denzar

Question. I fucking hate, HATE the Brotherhood of steel.

I'm doing a mission for them now
shadow of steel
. If I complete this quest, will it be too far gone to get unfriendly with them and to destroy 'em/treat those self righteous assholes like dirt?

Thanks.

Faenix1

Wait, we can change the guns that companions use?!!!
How? Can we give them armour too?
A

I didn't know we could use codsworth either... Bah!

How do you trade between settlements as well?
B

A:
Initiate a trade. Give them the armour or weapon you want them to use and hit Triangle or Y. That will equip it on them. Make sure you give them ammo too, guns you give them are limited to what they have.

Becareful of missile launchers.. they CAN kill you. It's semi-amusing though, for some reason

B:
Do you mean Supply Routes? You need the Local Leader perk

Encountering a problem with stored items. I established a Supply Line between Santuary and The Castle, but any previously stored items/turrets won't show up when I'm trying to build in The Castle. Will storing things only work in the settlement you originally stored at?

Question. I fucking hate, HATE the Brotherhood of steel.

I'm doing a mission for them now
shadow of steel
. If I complete this quest, will it be too far gone to get unfriendly with them and to destroy 'em/treat those self righteous assholes like dirt?

Thanks.

You can do several more quests for them before you can make them hostile. You won't get the option to destroy them until late game after you meet
The Institute

If you really dislike them though, you can just roll up to the Prydwen and wipe everyone out including
Elder Maxson
. Not sure how much that changes the story though.

katagai

One of the few times where an NPC interrupted me and I didn't mind:

(Has a spoiler in it, so don't click if you don't want to be spoiled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzTqS7BylI

Also, does anyone know if there are any nicer hats that you can mod with ballistic weave besides the trilby? Wearing a blue suit and it doesn't exactly match with the ugly-ass brown/green/yellow color the trilby has going.

johnsmith

remember me
Encountering a problem with stored items. I established a Supply Line between Santuary and The Castle, but any previously stored items/turrets won't show up when I'm trying to build in The Castle. Will storing things only work in the settlement you originally stored at?
Yes, stored settlement items/structures/furniture can't be moved between settlements.

joecanada

Screw this 100% happiness crap!!!

It's impossible!

Worse achievement I've tried to get in a long time

I haven't done it but if you haven't tried these tips yet this is my plan

-watch youtube vid from a few pages back by a poster
-start a "new settlement" or start over at one.
- only take 6 people and assign 5 to level 3 clinics
- remaining person on food duty.
- 6+ water
- way too much def like 50 +, I have also found that for defence missions the old food +water is not enough... I have 50 + def in all my settlments even 18 person ones.
- stay in settlement, ring bell, crowd them around you , jerk them off if need be
- sleep, and make sure they all sleep in beds and are not fighting over one (even putting different hats on them for assignments) --- ALSO beds under roofs! use proper building.
- ring bell , sleep again, etc... supposed to work!!
- add decorations, and charisma + clothes for boost.,, put up flags and shit everywhere.

Beefy

You do realise you can get around companions carry limit right? I had Macready carrying 2k in weight before.

Wasp

The most dickish thing I do in this game is ask for the maximum amount of caps possible before revealing I've actually already been to the location and got the item they need. I'm surprised the NPC doesn't whip out a shotgun and blast me in the face.

Haunted

The most dickish thing I do in this game is ask for the maximum amount of caps possible before revealing I've actually already been to the location and got the item they need. I'm surprised the NPC doesn't whip out a shotgun and blast me in the face.
Are you really surprised NPCs don't really react to it with the way the dialogue system in this game turned out? :D

Why is the
Vault Tec Rep
not showing up as a settler in Sanctuary? I got him there, he was part of it (had it at 7), now lately, it went down to 6 and when I talk to the person, they don't even have a voice. They act as if they are a weird settler or something, but not part of the actual town.

Matty8787

So I think I broke my game!

Was doing an Institute mission where I go with Allie filmore to mass fusion, anyway it say defeat the security etc so I do and then it tells me to speak to her at which I think is the end of the mission, trouble is I can't find her anywhere so i just used the console commands to complete the quest.

Anyway since I did that no more quests have turned up for me...

I have others to complete but don't seem to have a main questline anymore.

rezn0r

What Cait actually likes? and what she doesn't like? Im so confused

I maxed her out without even really trying, she likes you stealing, lockpicking, and mowing people down. She's a bad bitch.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in here but MacCready's perk pretty much breaks the game.

Edit- wow, I hadn't refreshed the thread in awhile, sorry about that

psylah

How do I get more than 15 normal settlers? I have 19 at the castle but that's due to companions and special named folks.

Alienous

So I'm maybe 4 hours into the game and I've already found myself in an death loop. I guess it's my fault for trying to escape a combat situation via a door; of course the enemies teleport outside along with you and shoot you instantly, why wouldn't they? And, conveniently, the game overrides your auto saves even if you're just trying desperately to go back through the door you just excited.

Ugh, fuck this nonsense.

EDIT:
Managed to squeeze myself out by playing NPC shitty aim Russian roulette.

How do I get more than 15 normal settlers? I have 19 at the castle but that's due to companions and special named folks.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_settlements

Settlement population is limited by the player character's Charisma. The Default Cap is 10, +1 for each point in charisma, meaning one can have a population cap of 20 (10+10). This can be further increased by wearing charisma boosting clothing and consumables. It is possible to get 41 settlers with a base Charisma of 10, the Charisma bobblehead, wearing Summer shorts, 4x 'Sharp' (Legendary) armor pieces (left/right arm/leg), as well as a Charisma-boosting hat and glasses, and consuming Grape Mentats, beer with the Party Boy/Girl level 2 perk, Day Tripper and X-cell. Go to a settlement, wear the gear, pop the chems, and move settlers from the settlement to the desired settlement.

also about giving them stuff

Unlike Companions, settlers do not consume ammo. As long as they have a small amount of ammo in their inventory they will be able to use any weapon given to them. This means one can give them very advanced and/or ammo-hungry weapons such as miniguns, flamers, or plasma as long as given to them at least 1 "shot" for it. For weapons that use a minimum amount of ammo per activation, like the minigun, one will need at least that minimum. This does not work for the missile launcher or Fat Man as these are tagged with "NPCs Consume Ammo". The same holds true with Grenades.

psylah

I made a quick tour of my sky-settlement that I built at The Castle.

I also repaired the busted Castle walls and made a chokepoint at the front gate. Back door is sealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxayhFPv5w

You can't crafted them. Random loot drops from killing legendary monsters and/or sold by lvl4 armor vendor.

Oh okay. I've only ever used the armor bench to make all my gear Pocketed, I don't know how it works.

I've also kept every piece of legendary armor I've found, so I'll pick through them.

Akahige

Any way to redo which perks I buy or did I just fuck up and have to live with it?

I thought Ghoulish level two seemed good, didn't realize I could still get radiated with it.

BizzyBum

Hahaha, yeah I love that. The way the MC tells the NPC too is fucking hilarious.

"Actuallyyyy.... I already did it."
Now give me our agreed upon 200 extra caps, bitch.

joecanada

I made a quick tour of my sky-settlement that I built at The Castle.

I also repaired the busted Castle walls and made a chokepoint at the front gate. Back door is sealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxayhFPv5w

Oh okay. I've only ever used the armor bench to make all my gear Pocketed, I don't know how it works.

I've also kept every piece of legendary armor I've found, so I'll pick through them.

Very nice. Great great job. When you say checkpoint is there a good way to go for this? Can you make a locking gate?

Also nice use of spiral staircase, did the brahmin go up there on own?

So I found
Strong
pretty late in the game. I've unhappily dragged him along everywhere I can, clearing out places I hadn't been to yet. Trying to get his companionship up to 100%. I don't have many quests left, I've cleaned up everything all the way to Molecular Level. Yet after 3 days of taking him along and starting shit with anyone I can see, he still isn't 100%, as in I don't have his perk yet. Is this a hopeless cause?

I hate people with me to begin with and this is starting to feel like a chore but I'd think I have to be close to 100% with him by now. Anything I can do to put him over the top? Or NOT do? I know he hates me looting shit, which is also annoying.

Top Bottom