• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

BizzyBum

My game has started to crash more on PC.

I thought maybe I had a ton of save files bloating the game but there's only like 6 different save files in there.

edit: was using the nvidia drivers from November 9th. Updating to the latest ones and seeing if it fixes it.

Fuck me, just ran into a glitch...I hope someone can help.

I just noticed that I couldn't use VATS, just an 'empty click' occurring when I clicked the button. I then tried to open up my pipboy and the screen doesn't show up. I see the bar on the bottom, i.e. (x) Stimpack ([ ]) Radaway (R1) Show Effects (^) Level Up, but the screen is invisible.

My most recent save without this glitch is 5 hours back...apparently I don't do a good enough job hard saving the game.

Can anyone help/offer suggestions?

Beefy

Fuck me, just ran into a glitch...I hope someone can help.

I just noticed that I couldn't use VATS, just an 'empty click' occurring when I clicked the button. I then tried to open up my pipboy and the screen doesn't show up. I see the bar on the bottom, i.e. (x) Stimpack ([ ]) Radaway (R1) Show Effects (^) Level Up, but the screen is invisible.

My most recent save without this glitch is 5 hours back...apparently I don't do a good enough job hard saving the game.

Can anyone help/offer suggestions?

Fast travel, it worked for me or save as a new file then load that save.

Replicant

No I don't think so, I learned about the thing from a youtuber who recommended using a container to store them... so either there's a change post patch or not I think.......

Before the patch the glitch would sometimes stop working and either fast traveling away and waiting 24 hours before traveling back or restarting the game would fix it.
I haven't tested it since the patch.

I figured it out. I was trying to duplicate 4 shipments at once and that doesn't seem to work so I only did it 2 at a time. Weird. Because I swear I could do 4 at a time before but that was before I put them in a container.

You do realise you can get around companions carry limit right? I had Macready carrying 2k in weight before.

.....don't tease like that and not saying how. -_-

Beefy

Just do one of two things. Either:

1) Click on your companion then command them to loot bodies, boxs etc.

Or do what I do.

2) Loot what ever you want until you are past your carry limit. I then drop the heavist guns/ clothes etc until I can run again. Then click on my companion and command them to pick the stuff up. It takes 5mins of time max.

As long as you command (X on ps4) your companion to pick stuff up they have no carry limit.

Razorskin

----- ------
I figured it out. I was trying to duplicate 4 shipments at once and that doesn't seem to work so I only did it 2 at a time. Weird. Because I swear I could do 4 at a time before but that was before I put them in a container.

Drop whatever you need them to carry and command them to pick it up.

Replicant

Just do one of two things. Either:

1) Click on your companion the command them to loot bodies, boxs etc.

Or do what I do.

2) Loot what ever you want until you are past your carry limit. I then drop the heavist guns/ clothes etc until I can run again. Then click on my companion and command them to pick the stuff up. It takes 5mins of time max.

As long as you command (X on ps4) your companion to pick stuff up they have no carry limit.
Drop whatever you need them to carry and command them to pick it up.

Neat. I didn't know doing that will ignore the companions' weight limit. Thanks!

Vex_

Banned
I made a quick tour of my sky-settlement that I built at The Castle.

I also repaired the busted Castle walls and made a chokepoint at the front gate. Back door is sealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxayhFPv5w

Oh okay. I've only ever used the armor bench to make all my gear Pocketed, I don't know how it works.

I've also kept every piece of legendary armor I've found, so I'll pick through them.

This settlement is absolutely ridiculous. How in the world did you not crash your game trying to do this on ps4??!

I thought the limit would've stopped you before you could build a full on sky island?

I thought this was the PC version with unlocked settlement building cap until I saw the share video end. My eyes widened! Wow.

Settlement of the year. SOTY especially considering the limitations you had to work around.

Fast travel, it worked for me or save as a new file then load that safe.

Well that opened up VATS again, still can't see the pipboy screen. I managed to fast travel 4 or so times and nothing. I'm going to turn it off, load up a save tomorrow and hope for the best. Damn it Bethesda.

This was probably mentioned before but considering it's in the game, it's kind of amazing.

Just watching a stream of a guy messing around in game and he named his character Fuckface. Moments later Codsworth called him by name with voice acting. Now that's commitment to a joke.

Replicant

So I just laid to waste the entire raiders population in the Quincy Police Station + Ruins because they started shooting at me when I was just passing by looking for Atom Cat garage. Much to my surprise, they have lots and lots of Power Armor loots to get.

Even bigger surprise, this area is actually related to
The Minuteman's background story. Oh FFS, Preston, you really are useless.

saunderez

Well that opened up VATS again, still can't see the pipboy screen. I managed to fast travel 4 or so times and nothing. I'm going to turn it off, load up a save tomorrow and hope for the best. Damn it Bethesda.
Try using a Stealth Boy. It changes PipBoy visibility so it might just change back after its effect wears off.

psylah

Uhh, brotherhood paladins in power armor tend to steal back their stolen power armor... I had them lined up in my base and I thought it looked like there were some missing. I found them, about 5 or 6 paladins back in their armor at the base of my sky city in The Castle, where there are never any Brotherhood usually.

I didn't kill any of them, they just decided to respawn in their armor, lol.

So if you plan on stealing every suit of Armor from every brotherhood soldier like I was doing, they won't be yours for long.

Edit: This seems to be a source of infinite Fusion Cores, apparently.

I pickpocket the Paladin, take their fusion core, steal the suit and move it to my base.
I fast travel away and back again.
They steal the suit back, and in the process put a new fusion core in it.
I pickpocket them again, and steal the suit again.
Repeat ad nauseum.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This was probably mentioned before but considering it's in the game, it's kind of amazing.

Just watching a stream of a guy messing around in game and he named his character Fuckface. Moments later Codsworth called him by name with voice acting. Now that's commitment to a joke.
My character is called that too purely for Codsworth to say "Mister Fuckface" at me. I can't even find him anymore.

Cubed

So... Form Ranks.

Anyone else just going to the same settlements over and over again. Preston just keeps sending me to the same 2 or 3 settlements after I've unlocked about 10 settlements total. Am I screwed/glitched, or is it suppose to be this way and eventually the quest ends?

Saskabush

Every time I've had a similar problem all I've had to do is go from first to third person view and back. I doubt it will work for you but it is definitely worth a shot in the off chance you haven't tried that yet.

Coldsun

Banned
So... Form Ranks.

Anyone else just going to the same settlements over and over again. Preston just keeps sending me to the same 2 or 3 settlements after I've unlocked about 10 settlements total. Am I screwed/glitched, or is it suppose to be this way and eventually the quest ends?

They're repeatable quests. No, they never end. Yes, I'm being serious.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Finally got around to going to
Marowski's Chem Lab
. I liked how you needed to check the note to figure out how to get inside instead of just walking up to the door and going in.

Inside it was a let down. Not really any good loot except some Hasmat suit's but I've already got one and been to
The Glowing Sea
so eh.

I'm really just exploring and doing side quests at the moment. Only done the initial missions for the
Brotherhood/Railroad/Minutemen
. Gonna spend some time doing missions for each faction to see who I want to side with.

Main story wise I'm supposed to travel to
C.I.T to get hold of a chip so I can get into the institute.

ReaperXL7

Buncha commies in here....BOS is life, Maxson is king and I am his sword!

I actually liked the BOs more then the other two, but their perks were also best for my play style. I do want to see more of the railroad stuff on my second playthrough though.

(Possible ending spoiler)
Watching to institute splode was pretty awesome though

Alpende

Completed the game yesterday and went with the
Railroad
The ending was meh and didn't really get why they would blow up the Institute in the first place, that tech is perfectly usable. Anyway, the Brotherhood are pieces of shit. Wanting to wipe out all the synths while Nick Valentine is my bro, screw that. The Institute would have been my second choice and I can see their reasoning behind their decisions.

One thing I did not like is that you have to wipe out all factions that oppose your chosen faction. Why not just have a compromise between factions, I think that could work. Railroad and Institute working together isn't unreasonable. Sloppy writing I guess.

Gonna explore some more and see which sidequests I missed. Might even try to get 100% happiness in a settlement if it's doable.

It's harsh but Fallout 4's schtick is whose extremities would you rather side with. All the factions are either one way or the other. No neutral grounds. In a wartorn world, whose crazy ideas do you resonate more with.

Faenix1

How do I get more than 15 normal settlers? I have 19 at the castle but that's due to companions and special named folks.

Not sure if you've been answered, but everytime I ask this question I get the usual nonsense about Charisma levels, ect. Which doesn't exactly help when Settlers don't come to your place. :)

The only way that I've found to get more settlers is to set up Beacons in various Settlements. In Santuary I've had one new settler within 24 hours of gameplay, meanwhile in Finchs Farm I've gotten two within 30 minutes - and one guy didn't even have a bed!

To move settlers: Go into build mode and find one that you want to move and hit Square/X, then select the settlement you want to send it too. He should eventually appear there.

Little bit bummed, I got my power armour in Concord and was looking forward to fighting the Deathclaw from E3 and all the promo material only to find it dead already.
This is my 1st Bethesda RPG, and boy is the jank taking some getting used to.

ReaperXL7

Completed the game yesterday and went with the
Railroad
The ending was meh and didn't really get why they would blow up the Institute in the first place, that tech is perfectly usable. Anyway, the Brotherhood are pieces of shit. Wanting to wipe out all the synths while Nick Valentine is my bro, screw that. The Institute would have been my second choice and I can see their reasoning behind their decisions.

One thing I did not like is that you have to wipe out all factions that oppose your chosen faction. Why not just have a compromise between factions, I think that could work. Railroad and Institute working together isn't unreasonable. Sloppy writing I guess.

Gonna explore some more and see which sidequests I missed. Might even try to get 100% happiness in a settlement if it's doable.

On the faction stuff

it wouldn't really make sense for the railroad and the Institute to work together because of a fundamental difference in the way the two factions view the Synths. The railroad sees them as people for all intents and purposes where as the Institute sees them as slaves or simply tools to be used and discarded on a whim. Quite a few institute scientists refer to synths as no more valid a life then an appliance or a computer terminal.

I feel that out of the three factions Maxson was the most charismatic of each of the leaders and his backstory which is highlighted in various terminals around the Prydwyn is pretty cool imo. It helps that I generally side with the Brotherhood in fallout games because I think military order would be a positive in a fallout scenario even if would still come with some cons.

Randdalf

Little bit bummed, I got my power armour in Concord and was looking forward to fighting the Deathclaw from E3 and all the promo material only to find it dead already.
This is my 1st Bethesda RPG, and boy is the jank taking some getting used to.

Don't worry, there are plenty of Deathclaws to go around.

Alpende

On the faction stuff

it wouldn't really make sense for the railroad and the Institute to work together because of a fundamental difference in the way the two factions view the Synths. The railroad sees them as people for all intents and purposes where as the Institute sees them as slaves or simply tools to be used and discarded on a whim. Quite a few institute scientists refer to synths as no more valid a life then an appliance or a computer terminal.

True, but a few scientist also think Synths are something more than just machines iirc. That's why I think a compromise could be possible.

So I dropped everything I was doing when I got an alert that The Castle was under attack. Piper and I fast travel there just in time to beat off a heavy mutant attack. One of my shots must have nicked a settler or something because after the attack was over and I was looting the mutant dead I was shot in the back. Ungrateful fucks turned on me, I'm tempted to chuck an artillery smoke grenade in there and pulverize them all and start over.

I'm their General ffs

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I loved travelling through the glowing sea to get to Virgil, felt like a wasteland version of
Mordor
. Storywise I've just
deactivated the Courser to get into the institute, how far along am I in the story? It's weird too, I could just deactivate him with a reset code instead of fighting him, was that because of an item I picked up?

I loved travelling through the glowing sea to get to Virgil, felt like a wasteland version of
Mordor
. Storywise I've just
deactivated the Courser to get into the institute, how far along am I in the story? It's weird too, I could just deactivate him with a reset code instead of fighting him, was that because of an item I picked up?

(Main story progression):
You're about 2/3rds done with the second act of the main story.

(Second question):
As for the recall code, you may have received it from the last of Mama Murphy's visions if you kept providing her with chems.

Chitown B

spoiler for Railroad ending

Did anyone else shoot their son and take his labcoat? It's called Shaun's Lab Coat. Kept it for sentimental reasons ;)

Decided to alter the face and body of Cait to make her look a bit more badass -
OF6UdyG.png
Her vanilla look was just too boring.

spoiler for Railroad ending

Did anyone else shoot their son and take his labcoat? It's called Shaun's Lab Coat. Kept it for sentimental reasons ;)

Didn't have the guts to kill him... Just sent him to the most desolate place I have... Boston airport.

Red Rocket settlement is at 92% happiness. It's very slowly creeping up at last!

Need to find away to push it over the edge. It's taking hours of waiting on it. Although I have been doing side mission s and going back and it is increasing whild I'm not there. A small celebration maybe in order if I get it to 100%

Quick question. I have missed an achievement for craftin 50 items. Does that include food or just the chemistry station?

Is there a specific quest line you need to do with Nick to get his perk and quest? I must've had him with me for about 40 hours, he's always liking my actions etc. I thought I would've had something about his quest ages ago.

Is there a specific quest line you need to do with Nick to get his perk and quest? I must've had him with me for about 40 hours, he's always liking my actions etc. I thought I would've had something about his quest ages ago.

I finally got it a couple days ago. Was a huge 10 part fetch quest for the most part.

Oddly enough I got the prompt right after going to the Memory Den to do the Kellog thing. Leaving afterwards he pulled me aside and told me about the quest he wanted to do.

I finally got it a couple days ago. Was a huge 10 part fetch quest for the most part.

Oddly enough I got the prompt right after going to the Memory Den to do the Kellog thing. Leaving afterwards he pulled me aside and told me about the quest he wanted to do.

Oh really? That's the mission I'm up to in the main quest, I've just been off doing other sidequests. I'll try doing Memory Den and see if it progresses. Thanks.

psylah

Not sure if you've been answered, but everytime I ask this question I get the usual nonsense about Charisma levels, ect. Which doesn't exactly help when Settlers don't come to your place. :)

The only way that I've found to get more settlers is to set up Beacons in various Settlements. In Santuary I've had one new settler within 24 hours of gameplay, meanwhile in Finchs Farm I've gotten two within 30 minutes - and one guy didn't even have a bed!

To move settlers: Go into build mode and find one that you want to move and hit Square/X, then select the settlement you want to send it too. He should eventually appear there.

Jesus, I thought that was to give a settler a command to move to a certain area, like commanding your companion to move to a location with your crosshair.

Chitown B

Didn't have the guts to kill him... Just sent him to the most desolate place I have... Boston airport.

Red Rocket settlement is at 92% happiness. It's very slowly creeping up at last!

Need to find away to push it over the edge. It's taking hours of waiting on it. Although I have been doing side mission s and going back and it is increasing whild I'm not there. A small celebration maybe in order if I get it to 100%

Quick question. I have missed an achievement for craftin 50 items. Does that include food or just the chemistry station?

I mean
my ACTUAL son. who was dying anyway.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
(Main story progression):
You're about 2/3rds done with the second act of the main story.

(Second question):
As for the recall code, you may have received it from the last of Mama Murphy's visions if you kept providing her with chems.

ooh right, so that little quest did have a use... thanks

ezekial45

Banned
If I use console commands, will that disable the achievements? I'm kinda tempted to just add steel and other materials, because all this crap I bring back ain't enough to even build a single house.

psylah

I want to get raiders and stuff to attack a base. Any reliable way to do that?

I heard to have more resources and water than defense but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Edit: I guess Defense has got to be in the red?

Top Bottom