• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I use console commands, will that disable the achievements? I'm kinda tempted to just add steel and other materials, because all this crap I bring back ain't enough to even build a single house.

I seem to remember getting at least one some permanently modifying my carry weight. Which, by the way, has made the game so much more fun for me. 5000 carry weight means I can just pick everything up and not worry about constantly traveling to town.

BizzyBum

Well this sucks, my game has started to hard crash to my desktop much more frequently the last couple of days.

Not really sure why. I haven't changed anything or have any mods installed. Maybe the save file is starting to get bloated? I do quick save a lot.

joecanada

I figured it out. I was trying to duplicate 4 shipments at once and that doesn't seem to work so I only did it 2 at a time. Weird. Because I swear I could do 4 at a time before but that was before I put them in a container.

.....don't tease like that and not saying how. -_-

Yup shipment glitch still works I did it as well. Still can't seem to do more than one or two times in a row for some reason

Is there a trophy for exploring all places? Do you explore locations in the story you can't explore just randomly?

Nearly all of the trophies in FO4 are pretty easy to get and you will get them over the course of a playthrough (a few will need either well placed save files or 2 additional playthrough)

.....except 1 trophy that just bullshit... utter contemptuous bullshit.

I've spent plenty of hours in this game and I have yet to truly focus on settlements. Just too busy with exploring, looting and questing. All this junk that I find during my travels, does it all need to be transferred to the workbench or can I sell some of that stuff too? The constant fast traveling back to Sanctuary is getting a bit tiresome. I've also just stopped with taking everything that I find. In the beginning hours I took Raider outfits from the bodies and all their guns, not anymore. Otherwise I'd be looking more at "can't run, you are carrying too much" more compared to actually playing. Lol.

Pilgrimzero

There are some characters who won't die even if you try to do so; story related characters, for example.

So just nothing happens, its as if you didnt shoot? Cause he came real close to take a gauss blast in the face the moment he walked through that door.

Which is what happened to
Kellogg btw.
We had nothing to talk about.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Oh wow I just found
Shaun. Father. This is going places. But this changes nothing, I picked my side and it's the Railroad

Have to say that so far, the main storyline is a lot better than F3's, as far as I can remember.

So just nothing happens, its as if you didnt shoot? Cause he came real close to take a gauss blast in the face the moment he walked through that door.

Oh that character will die if you shoot them at the first meeting. I did. The guards did not like it.

I think the invincibility (meaning they will have their health taken down, and will collapse, but are unable to be finished off and will get up once combat ends) starts when quests that demand their survival to be concluded are in progress. That seems fair to me. Many people find it immersion breaking, but I'm someone who would have just reloaded a save anyway.

Glowing Sea is/was a great area.

Also, Can you shoot
Father
and what happens if you do?

You absolutely can.
He dies. I don't know what happens afterwards as the entire goddamned Institute tries to murder you as soon as you shoot him, and I didn't survive. It seems like it might be possible but there might also be an endless supply of Institute people and synths so I don't know.

sappyday

There are some characters who won't die even if you try to do so; story related characters, for example.

You can kill him actually. Same with most of the other leaders with the exception of the Minutemen. But for some reason the game doesn't let me kill Marcy Long.

Ok, wtf...Silver Shroud stuff, spoilers I guess:

So I'm on the last part to kill Shinjin or whatever and save Kent, only I can't save Kent. I can't even made it to the final room before he gets capped. I've tried sneaking and rushing straight to the room, but he always gets killed before I even make it there. Am I doing something wrong here?

Akahige

So I'm on the last part to kill Shinjin or whatever and save Kent, only I can't save Kent. I can't even made it to the final room before he gets capped. I've tried sneaking and rushing straight to the room, but he always gets killed before I even make it there. Am I doing something wrong here?
During the speech part you have to tell the guy to kill you first, it should show up in red.

Beefy

If you
have your gun out when the lift doors open Kent will be instanly shot.When you exit the lift exit slowly and walk foward for a few paces. A dialogue will come up. Make sure you choose kill me first or Kent will always die.

During the speech part you have to tell the guy to kill you first, it should show up in red.

If you
have your gun out when the lift doors open Kent will be instanly shot.When you exit the lift exit slowly and walk foward for a few paces. A dialogue will come up. Make sure you choose kill me first or Kent will always die.

What I'm trying to say is I can't even get to the room. I've maybe gotten halfway there before the text pops up saying he got got. The farthest I've gotten is to the second elevator before he dies and I reload.

BizzyBum

Kendall Parking Lot

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Pilgrimzero

If you

I used a lot of drugs (especially to slow down time) got to point blank with my shotty and killed the dude before he could pull the trigger. Took me like 3 tries but I did it.

Akahige

Oh you can't get in the room itself? Not sure how to fix that. The speech part shows up about halfway in the room and if you go any further he gets shot.

Oh you can't get in the room itself? Not sure how to fix that. The speech part shows up about halfway in the room and if you go any further he gets shot.

Nope. There's some stray robuts that start fighing raiders when I get to the top in the second elevator. I think it was failing right around that, but I've haven't tested it enough to know if it's a pattern.

Dunfisch

If you

Actually, there's a way I abused which works without the charisma checks. Pretty tricky though, and it may glitch out on you regardless. First, you'll need a few required things. You must wear the quest costume and have a full critical charge for V.A.T.S. available - that part especially is important.
You'll also need a non-explosiv weapon with high single shot damage. When you go into the room, there's some crates or whatnot in front of the goon to the left - you can jump on those safely. From there, you should have a slight hight advantage to
Sinjin

As you speak with the dude, follow the Silver Shroud in-character dialogue. I recall the bottom one ended in scaring away the goons. Once the dialogue is over immediately go into V.A.T.S., target
Sinjin's
Head and force a crit (default space key). With any luck, you'll pull it off fast enough so he gets either oneshot or you stagger him for a follow-up.
If you don't have a crit ready, well... better hope you cause a stagger. And to rub it in, if you take more than a few moments in V.A.T.S.,
Kent will get shot even in the slowmo

You gotta be fast, but it's possible. Thinking of it now, it's that the vantage point isn't even necessary, given forced crits are guaranteed hits. Makes a follow-up easier though.

Though it might happen that the goons spaz out despite dialogue scaring them away, you know how it goes with Bethesda.

What I'm trying to say is I can't even get to the room. I've maybe gotten halfway there before the text pops up saying he got got. The farthest I've gotten is to the second elevator before he dies and I reload.

That's definitely a glitch. The whole scenario isn't supposed to trigger until you get to them. Unfortunate :/ .

That's definitely a glitch. The whole scenario isn't supposed to trigger until you get to them. Unfortunate :/ .

I think it might have something to do with these damn robots aggroing the raiders before I get to the final room. Gonna try reloading a previous save and clearing the building first before attempting it again.

Dead Man

Yeah, the end of the Shroud stuff was glitched for me too. I just accepted it and moved on after a few tries, hopefully not there in my next play though.

Sotha_Sil

Just tried playing again after two weeks in the field. Monsignor Plaza is now fixed thanks to the patch! Significant questlines, here I come!

Replicant

Yeah, yeah, you're my bestest friend too, Hancok. Thanks for the perk but you can go away now since you suck at shooting and surviving. Why do you guys like him so much? He's awful in comparison to other companions. I always have to stimpack him.

You can kill him actually. Same with most of the other leaders with the exception of the Minutemen. But for some reason the game doesn't let me kill Marcy Long.

One of the biggest flaw of this game.

Kill his henchmen first, then use Pax Syringe to pacify him for 30 seconds, run up to him and blow his head to smithereens.

Akahige

Wait you stimpack your companions?

I just leave them in the ground and they eventually show up behind me. I di have 150 stimpacks at the moment but I can't be bothered to waste any.

Lakitu

st5fu
The game is fucking massive. I don't have as much time to play games but it's looking like I'll be done with this game this time next year...

Pilgrimzero

This game man.

Massive Spoilers:

So I get to the Institute, fuckers who killed my spouse and took my kid. Ready to save the Commonwealth and find my boy. X-01 Power Armor and locked and loaded, ready for anything. Going to burn this fucker to the ground and salt the earth.

Then I see they have my kid who doesn't even know me in a fucking glass box. My BOY a frickin' science experiment. Time to nuke this place off the map.

And then I meet the man who is really my son. MY SON!

And he wants me to join them. Ive fought and bled for the people of the Commonwealth. Ive found love and friends. And yet here i am reunited with my son and all I can think is "Fuck the Commonwealth." I came to find my son and damn anyone who gets in my way.

But the Institute is bad right? Yet, it looks like home and my family is here. My son! Fuck the Minutemen? Fuck the Railroad? I am torn. I took this journey for my son. And he works for the enemy. Do I care? I just want my family back, fuck everyone else.

Vex_

Banned

This is why you all need to invest in your gun abilities. for example: I used my gunslinger perk to shoot the gun out of his hand and disarm him. After my VATs ended, he was still alive.

BUT

he had to turn around and pick up his weapon. You already know how it went down once he had to turn his attention to re arming himself.

I switch out my pistol to my combat shotgun, rush him, and make him look like ground beef.

EDIT: misread. That does sound like a glitch. LOL hes already dead. damn!

Tunavi

Banned
Kill his henchmen first, then use Pax Syringe to pacify him for 30 seconds, run up to him and blow his head to smithereens.
Speak as shroud and you'll scare off the henchmen, leaving you alone to slow time buff out psycho etc and take sinjin out in 1 shot

This game man.

Massive Spoilers:

So I get to the Institute, fuckers who killed my spouse and took my kid. Ready to save the Commonwealth and find my boy. X-01 Power Armor and locked and loaded, ready for anything. Going to burn this fucker to the ground and salt the earth.

Then I see they have my kid who doesn't even know me in a fucking glass box. My BOY a frickin' science experiment. Time to nuke this place off the map.

And then I meet the man who is really my son. MY SON!

And he wants me to join them. Ive fought and bled for the people of the Commonwealth. Ive found love and friends. And yet here i am reunited with my son and all I can think is "Fuck the Commonwealth." I came to find my son and damn anyone who gets in my way.

But the Institute is bad right? Yet, it looks like home and my family is here. My son! Fuck the Minutemen? Fuck the Railroad? I am torn. I took this journey for my son. And he works for the enemy. Do I care? I just want my family back, fuck everyone else.

Same thing happened to me. The way that your character is set up, it seems weird not to side with
Shaun and The Institute

The good thing is that
The Minutemen
are always loyal to you no matter what, so you always have your own private army at your disposal if you still have
flares

Yeah that mission is glitched for you dude. It's also extremely hard to
try and save Kent without entering a conversation
but there are some ways to do it. You have to have really good sneaking abilities, a strong ass weapon that you can abuse the VATS out of.
Once you attempt to try and kill one of Sinjin's accomplices, they will all turn and kill Kent.

Use jets if you can. That last part is extremely hard without entering a conversation. Believe me, I tried multiple of times with a fully decked out Gauss rifle, max sneaking multipliers, max rifleman perk, low VATS usage.

BizzyBum

This last update must have screwed up my game because I'm starting to crash so much it's becoming unplayable. Very frustrating.

Faenix1

The game is fucking massive. I don't have as much time to play games but it's looking like I'll be done with this game this time next year...

Don't get into the settlement game, then.

I've probably put half my playtime (over 3 days now) into building and looking for supplies to build. lol

Silver Shroud.... am I shit out of luck?

I get out of the elevator, it shows the rectangle icon above Shinjin and Kent, I move closer and he starts to talk, but no dialog options and when I move closer he just shoots Kent right away. I don't have a weapon equipped.

I was here before, but as soon as that elevator door opened I went back. I hope this is not the reason it's messing with me now.

Tigress

Silver Shroud.... am I shit out of luck?

I get out of the elevator, it shows the rectangle icon above Shinjin and Kent, I move closer and he starts to talk, but no dialog options and when I move closer he just shoots Kent right away. I don't have a weapon equipped.

I was here before, but as soon as that elevator door opened I went back. I hope this is not the reason it's messing with me now.

I haven't gotten around
to trying to save him but I do remember reading that it is very difficult and there are a few tricks you can try to get him not to shoot kent first. I'm not sure if where you are is too late for those tricks or not (I can't remember what htey are, I was going to look them up again when I went to go save him). But yes, in general I think the default is for him to go after Kent first. Try to save him, apparenty he can upgrade the shroud armor and make it even nicer (so if you like light armor that would be a bonus).

Fuck the Benevolent Leader achievement. Can't get happiness past 86%.

The trick is to import food from other settlements and build and assign a vendor stand for all of the settlers at the one you want to get up to 100. Then just wait around, being present at a settlement raises happiness.

I haven't gotten around
to trying to save him but I do remember reading that it is very difficult and there are a few tricks you can try to get him not to shoot kent first. I'm not sure if where you are is too late for those tricks or not (I can't remember what htey are, I was going to look them up again when I went to go save him). But yes, in general I think the default is for him to go after Kent first. Try to save him, apparenty he can upgrade the shroud armor and make it even nicer (so if you like light armor that would be a bonus).

The problem is, either Shinjin shoots Kent or his mate next to Kent. I tried going in while on Psychojet, using my Pray and Spray on the dude, but Shinjin just offed Kent with one shot. Both dudes are level 30. My plan is to just wait until i am like...level 35 or higher and then just headshot them both in VATS. I hope that can work.

natertots

I have a question regarding a mission that's sort of early in the game.
So I got around to starting the taking back the castle mission for the minute men. So I ran out there and realized the mirelurk queen was too big of a pain in the ass for me. So I wandered off into the wasteland to do some sidequests and explore. Now Preston won't leave me along and follows me everywhere. I ran into some people who weren't hostile and he just started blasting shit. He keeps bugging me to go back to the castle. Is this normal? Is there a way I can get him to leave me alone until I'm ready to go back? I mean I could just go back now and kill the queen but I kinda like doing my own thing at the moment. Thanks in advance.

televator

So I got to an army bunker with a cage next to it with a full X01! I unlocked the cage and went to pull the fusion core and tell my companion to jump in... Only that I noticed all the armor pieces said T45... And when my companion jumped in, it turned into T45. I've reloaded several times and it just keeps happening. Argh! That's the second goddamn time this game cheats me on X01.

The first time was an X01 that was getting pieces of it blown off by nearby minute men tossing explosives everywhere. I've got 3 suits with some X01 pieces and I can't make one whole one between them.

El Topo

The trick is to import food from other settlements and build and assign a vendor stand for all of the settlers at the one you want to get up to 100. Then just wait around, being present at a settlement raises happiness.

That's...actuallly a pretty smart idea. I'll try that. Thanks.

Top Bottom