• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

If you have charisma....
you can intimidate the others to leave and give up, this makes head shooting him and only him easier.

But the problem is...the dialogue options never show up, nothing. So i can't do anything but move closer and then it goes wrong. I don't get it.

Seyavesh

Someone's working on a model for the Riot Gear from New Vegas. I must have it.

that armor with enabled cloth physics is gonna be the hottest shit.
...but you need guns that actually fit with it instead of the dumb looking guns we got right now!!

some motherfuckin' lever action rifles or big ass sniper rifles or cowboy revolvers!

Replicant

But the problem is...the dialogue options never show up, nothing. So i can't do anything but move closer and then it goes wrong. I don't get it.

The same thing happened to me. That's why I suggested that you:

1. Get into crouch/sneak position the minute the elevator door opens
2. Immediately VAT shot the 2 bodyguards + 1 Sinjin's colleague (Avery) without moving from your position (inside the lift)
3. DO NOT under any circumstance shoot Sinjin just yet. The only shot you should do is if you have Pax syringe to pacify (make him dull) him for 30 seconds.
4. Once you do, then run towards him and make sure you have enough action points to do VAT head and critical shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQMG92Dc7LE

Tu101uk

Silver Shroud.... am I shit out of luck?

I get out of the elevator, it shows the rectangle icon above Shinjin and Kent, I move closer and he starts to talk, but no dialog options and when I move closer he just shoots Kent right away. I don't have a weapon equipped.

I was here before, but as soon as that elevator door opened I went back. I hope this is not the reason it's messing with me now.
If you're still stuck on this...

It took me about ten attempts. My first several involved trying to kill the two main guys straight away when exiting the elevator. Never worked because one of them would shoot Kent before I got to them both, even with insta-kill crit shots.

My last few attempts were closer - just have a conversation with them by walking up to them (but not up to the platform, take a fewsteps forward).

As soon as the talk ends, they'll start shooting you and more often then not they ignore Kent. It was much easier that way (though be sure to kill Sinjin and his mate before the other two lowly henchmen).

Hubble

Are buildings settlements useless? What is the point? Is it worth it? What do you get?

I looked online and that is the impression I am getting. I am 25 hours in and have a few settlements but I absolutely did zero in terms of managing and building them. The game did a horrible job in showing me the capabilities of settlements that I just forgot about them and moved on.

(Main story progression):
You're about 2/3rds done with the second act of the main story.

(Second question):
As for the recall code, you may have received it from the last of Mama Murphy's visions if you kept providing her with chems.

my mama glitched after I made her a chair she just stands in one spot frozen
i had to kill the dude

in my new game no chems for MM she is going to work!!

I made a quick tour of my sky-settlement that I built at The Castle.

I also repaired the busted Castle walls and made a chokepoint at the front gate. Back door is sealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxayhFPv5w

Oh okay. I've only ever used the armor bench to make all my gear Pocketed, I don't know how it works.

I've also kept every piece of legendary armor I've found, so I'll pick through them.
you know that does not work on synths as they can just teleport in
so I have turrets etc inside my compounds and I have had raiders just materialize inside as well
even inside my building

The same thing happened to me. That's why I suggested that you:

1. Get into crouch/sneak position the minute the elevator door opens
2. Immediately VAT shot the 2 bodyguards + 1 Sinjin's colleague (Avery) without moving from your position (inside the lift)
3. DO NOT under any circumstance shoot Sinjin just yet. The only shot you should do is if you have Pax syringe to pacify (make him dull) him for 30 seconds.
4. Once you do, then run towards him and make sure you have enough action points to do VAT head and critical shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQMG92Dc7LE

I can try this yeah. I don;t know if i'll be able to kill the bodyguards in VATS now. if not, i will come back later. I do have the Syringer, but not sure i have that Pax syringe.

If you're still stuck on this...

It took me about ten attempts. My first several involved trying to kill the two main guys straight away when exiting the elevator. Never worked because one of them would shoot Kent before I got to them both, even with insta-kill crit shots.

My last few attempts were closer - just have a conversation with them by walking up to them (but not up to the platform, take a fewsteps forward).

As soon as the talk ends, they'll start shooting you and more often then not they ignore Kent. It was much easier that way (though be sure to kill Sinjin and his mate before the other two lowly henchmen).

That's the problem though, there is no way to talk to them. Many ingame hours ago i was there as well and dialogue options did appear. But this part was too challenging for me, so i reloaded an older savefile from before entering the elevator.

I just checked, his bodyguards are level 14 and Avery is 30. Yep I'm gonna have to come back later.

Roussow

Couple of questions.

The first here is very specific, I tried hooking up a Jukebox to a generator, the wire doesn't attach, how do you power this?

The second is a bit more broad. I want to primarily use Plasma and Energy weapons, although ammo is a massive concern. For Plasma, I have barely 150 shots, scavenged over 40-odd hours. As for Energy, I have 1100 or so, quite a bit, but the most cells I ever found was in the first Danse mission, where you raided some Synth filled building, and the big story mission around Kellog where there were quite a few Synths to ransack of cells. Beyond buying them, what's a better way to support my supply of cells to carry me through the rest of the game, I've just first entered the
Institute, and completed the first quest meeting people there.
I've occasionally used cells in my Laser Musket, but even then, still used them sparingly, primarily I use Assault or Combat rifles, not through preference, it's just the most practical.

The problem is, either Shinjin shoots Kent or his mate next to Kent. I tried going in while on Psychojet, using my Pray and Spray on the dude, but Shinjin just offed Kent with one shot. Both dudes are level 30. My plan is to just wait until i am like...level 35 or higher and then just headshot them both in VATS. I hope that can work.

I've literally just done this quest and had the same problem. I created a save file in the elevator for quick reloading. Then I used Psycho and Jet and equipped my most powerful weapon to headshot Shinjin. I had to reload about 20 times before it finally worked. Like you said in another post, Shinjin's friend seemed to shoot Kent if Shinjin didn't do it.

Eventually I was able to kill Shinjin and the others left Kent alone. I think the key is staggering him with your first headshot so that he can't react, otherwise he will just shoot Kent as soon as your first shot hits him. I only had a 40% chance to hit him in VATS, so wore polymer ultra-light armour to increase my AP and ensure I had enough shots to kill him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CWG5RvvVEAALzqT.jpg

I've literally just done this quest and had the same problem. I created a save file in the elevator for quick reloading. Then I used Psycho and Jet and equipped my most powerful weapon to headshot Shinjin. I had to reload about 20 times before it finally worked. Like you said in another post, Shinjin's friend seemed to shoot Kent if Shinjin didn't do it.

Eventually I was able to kill Shinjin and the others left Kent alone. I think the key is staggering him with your first headshot so that he can't react, otherwise he will just shoot Kent as soon as your first shot hits him. I only had a 40% chance to hit him in VATS, so wore polymer ultra-light armour to increase my AP and ensure I had enough shots to kill him.

So...

Avery did not shoot Kent as soon as you headshotted Shinjin? I don't think i have the right gun for a headshot in VATS. I probably need to improve my VATS more for that too. I also tried using the Syringer with Pax syringe like someone here recommended me to do, and that worked. The target, either Avery or Shinjin did not do anything, but the other dude did shoot Kent though. God what a terrible part this. Stupid as hell there's no dialogue options.

[/spoiler]

I got 100% with 3 people.

Two 3 tier clinics with 2 settlers assigned
1 settler assigned to food
3 water

Gives poster an evil look.... Can't manage with 6 tier 3 clinics..
Officially giving up on this achievement. If it happens then great but I'm not waiting any longer as its spoiling the game for me.

Branson

Man I was all set on supporting the brotherhood, but my character is sneaky and the railroad seems like a much better fit. Brotherhood are some racist little shits lol. I had this idea that they had the superior tech so of course I want to be on their side.

Good lord, not even when I set difficulty from very hard to very easy can I prevent it in Silver Shroud. Yeah, definitely gonna return here until I have two guaranteed headshot kills in VATS for those two assholes. Which perks should I improve for this?

WTF son!!!! I headshotted Shinjin with one bullet and he should have shot Avery right away too, the damn Snub nosed pistol needed to be reloaded, took too long. Sigh. The second shot did kill him though.

But even using those Buffjet and Psycho drugs didn't make a difference, it's freaking in slowmo, yet he has enough time to kill the dude. Jeez!

How do you share food/water between settlements? Do you just need the local vendor 2 perk and set up a supply run?

I also noticed that it says I have like 20 people in my settlement, but I can only seem to count/find maybe 14 settlers at most. They are bitching about there not being enough beds but I have 23 beds placed around Sanctuary :/

As far as I know, you cannot share food, water, and security between settlements. You can only share what's been dumped into your workbench... So, materials for building.

And yeah to share resources you need local leader and then you assign a person to be a supply chain. As soon as they are assigned, resources are shared between those two.

Good lord, not even when I set difficulty from very hard to very easy can I prevent it in Silver Shroud. Yeah, definitely gonna return here until I have two guaranteed headshot kills in VATS for those two assholes. Which perks should I improve for this?

WTF son!!!! I headshotted Shinjin with one bullet and he should have shot Avery right away too, the damn Snub nosed pistol needed to be reloaded, took too long. Sigh. The second shot did kill him though.

But even using those Buffjet and Psycho drugs didn't make a difference, it's freaking in slowmo, yet he has enough time to kill the dude. Jeez!

Yea, all those enemies have FTL reaction times (speedforce?! Saw it happen in slowmo too as soon as I kill any of the enemies, they all turn and kill the dude then turn to me immediately.). Seeing as though you got glitched out of the dialogue, it's only going to be harder sadly. That's the only part that I didn't like about the Silver Shroud questline.

Luckily for me, the quest didn't glitch and I abused the dialogue options and went on with my merry way. I decided that I wasn't quick and strong enough to kill them all with the VATS sequence/no dialogue. How effective is the The Deliverer here, has anybody tried it with the Deliverer?

TheRed

I took grape mentats before the conversation and got them to attack me first. Same thing I did for most of the charisma checks in the game , step back and pop some grape mentats lol

I think i may be burning out. Lugging,selling,upgrading gear is exhausting my soul.

I'm sort of getting there. All I will keep doing is trying to build my perfect settlement, finding more legendary weapons that have the Instigating or Explosive mod, and glitching the game to see how far I can get.

BizzyBum

Actually, if you have 175 hours under your belt, 76MB seems alarmingly small unless you turned off most/all of the auto-save options. Dunno if that has anything to do with your crash, though. I don't have any ideas but I hope you find a fix!

I'm not sure, is 76MB really small or is 1.7GB abnormally large? lol

Since this is recent I'm going to have to blame the latest update. There's just no reason for my game to be crashing this much out of nowhere if I didn't change anything. The only thing that changed was on their end with the update.

Haunted

Man I was all set on supporting the brotherhood, but my character is sneaky and the railroad seems like a much better fit. Brotherhood are some racist little shits lol. I had this idea that they had the superior tech so of course I want to be on their side.
I mean if you want superior tech, there's a faction for that...

BoS are human supremacists/fascists, Railroad are anarchists, Institute is like... slave owners? None are all that great from an ideological standpoint.

I think i may be burning out. Lugging,selling,upgrading gear is exhausting my soul.
After finding all the vaults, I basically said fuck it, pushed through the final tier of faction quests and uninstalled the game after an uninspiring ending.

I had fun with the core game, but the flaws are so numerous and any ambitious aspects (?) that usually make me excuse Bethesda jank are so far removed from what I want or like from my Fallout games that I've just fallen off. I can't see myself returning to the game anytime soon.

BizzyBum

Is there a way to redownload the game on Steam but not have it update to the latest patch? Can I just use offline mode? I want to see if my game still crashes without the update.

I did it. I managed to kill both of them with my Snubnosed pistol, glorious!

As for upgrades. Is that once or more than once? Cause he does say he doesn't have any upgrades right now. Making it sound like there will be more later on?

Beefy

I did it. I managed to kill both of them with my Snubnosed pistol, glorious!

As for upgrades. Is that once or more than once? Cause he does say he doesn't have any upgrades right now. Making it sound like there will be more later on?

Tune into his radio station whenever you are in range. He will say when he has upgrades.

So...

Avery did not shoot Kent as soon as you headshotted Shinjin? I don't think i have the right gun for a headshot in VATS. I probably need to improve my VATS more for that too. I also tried using the Syringer with Pax syringe like someone here recommended me to do, and that worked. The target, either Avery or Shinjin did not do anything, but the other dude did shoot Kent though. God what a terrible part this. Stupid as hell there's no dialogue options.

[/spoiler]

I wore the silver shroud costume, spoke as the shroud the whole way through, and all but sinjin backed down in fear. Then it was easy.

Someone's working on a model for the Riot Gear from New Vegas. I must have it.

There's some interesting lore behind that armor, in the New Vegas Honest Hearts dlc you find this cave where this old marine used to live and you get his armor. He was alive pre-war and you can read a bunch of his journal entries on his terminal. His helmet had a bunch of markings on it from his time in the war.

I just wanted to do some performance testing and rushed out of the vault with the intention of restarting the game and 'properly' playing through it (reading and picking up stuff).
But now I don't feel like I want to give up my characters looks.

Could someone please tell me if I have missed out anything of importance in vault 111?

So far I only have a revolver and lots of ammo for it.

I just wanted to do some performance testing and rushed out of the vault with the intention of restarting the game and 'properly' playing through it (reading and picking up stuff).

Could someone please tell me if I have missed out anything of importance in vault 111?

No not really. Also you can go back there anytime

Are you talking about story stuff? You can always go back to the vault to pick up any items you may have missed like the Cryolator.

No not really. Also you can go back there anytime

Are you talking about story stuff? You can always go back to the vault to pick up any items you may have missed like the Cryolator.

Thanks you for the quick response!

Yeah, I remember seeing the Cryolator being locked in a glass box, but totally forgot about it after getting out. Gonna go back and look for a way to get it out of there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I mean if you want superior tech, there's a faction for that...

BoS are human supremacists/fascists, Railroad are anarchists, Institute is like... slave owners? None are all that great from an ideological standpoint.

After finding all the vaults, I basically said fuck it, pushed through the final tier of faction quests and uninstalled the game after an uninspiring ending.

I had fun with the core game, but the flaws are so numerous and any ambitious aspects (?) that usually make me excuse Bethesda jank are so far removed from what I want or like from my Fallout games that I've just fallen off. I can't see myself returning to the game anytime soon.

I'm sort of getting there. All I will keep doing is trying to build my perfect settlement, finding more legendary weapons that have the Instigating or Explosive mod, and glitching the game to see how far I can get.

There's too many fragmented and interconnected assets in the game. At some point it gets really difficult to accomplish a specific goal. For a game that is so open, I really feel like I'm getting my chain pulled in directions I don't necessarily want to go.

I'm at the point where I wish I could kill Preston Garvey just to stop these settlement quests. I currently have three of them! Combined with the bug where the game doesn't recognize that you've helped defend a settlement when it happens to get attacked by synths (causing all settlers to be kill and all crops/turrets/etc to be destroyed), I'm really starting to regret ever building up my settlements.

I don't like failing quests, but unless I get used to it, it's impossible to do anything else in the game.

It's been 160 hours and I still can't turn in the "Lost Patrol" mission. Every time I speak to Danse he just asks if I want him to join me as a companion. Really bloody annoying.

I really want to Plat this on my first play through. Does the game make it very clear when you're about to lose favor with any of the other factions?

Doc_Drop

I'm at the point where I wish I could kill Preston Garvey just to stop these settlement quests. I currently have three of them! Combined with the bug where the game doesn't recognize that you've helped defend a settlement when it happens to get attacked by synths (causing all settlers to be kill and all crops/turrets/etc to be destroyed), I'm really starting to regret ever building up my settlements.

I don't like failing quests, but unless I get used to it, it's impossible to do anything else in the game.

finish the open quests,don't speak to Preston to much after and turn off radio freedom at the castle if that's your hangout area. After that it's only defend the checkpoints which you can ignore

I was wondering if you could actually remove all clothing from a follower? Just for some hilarity I'd like to just run around as me and my companion in only our underpants, haha. I've seen screenshots of it but when I try it the follower just keeps their road leathers on. So... how?

BizzyBum

Can the game be played without the patch? I want to check something.

I'd like to know, too. What I'm trying now is redownloading the game on Steam then before launching the game go into offline mode in Steam, but Steam might just download the latest update in the initial install now so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom