• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Chitown B

I did everything of me to get 100%.

Enough multi fruit, 60 defence plenty of water

6 top tier clinics.

Taken hours and it went up to 95%.... And stopped. I slept for 24 hours and then another and it went down to 94% before having an arrow beside it indicating up.

I'm on xbox one. It isn't working for me. It's down right annoying now.

I had like 15 Clinics. You need more. And you can't sleep, that doesn't increase it. You have to wait. 60 defense also isn't very much. I had like 150.

Tigress

Here's a random tip: If you are wearing power armor you found in a spot and come up across new power armor in another spot (neither random generated ones but ones that were placed on the map purposely for you to find), don't stash the old set in the spot that you find the new set. And if you do and you come back and that old set is gone, check where the old set originally came from:

Storytime: Ok, so maybe I'm the only one to have ever encountered this. But today I was lucky enough to find some armor with a lot of X-01 pieces on it (only missing the legs). Yay me!!! Except literally within 30 minutes maybe I found a full set of it (honestly I think it was more like 5 minutes). So I decided to keep the full set and stash the first one I found in the space the full set was until I could come back to get it.

I keep playing and days later in game time, I decide to go finally fetch that power armor. It was gone. I was crushed (I mean yeah I have a full set but damnit, I'm greedy!). It had reset the area and the gunners were back so I guessed that since I took the power armor that was originally there, that it erased the one that I put there because there wasn't supposed to be any there.

I couldn't let it go and I decided on the very off chance to go find the spot I found the original armor. After much searching around cause I couldn't remember where it was (and it was not on a marked area of the map), I finally remembered and low and behold, it was there (including the piece of T-60 armor I put in place of one of the missing legs, so it wasn't that it respawned a new one there but had moved my set back to its original spot since it was in a spot it wasn't supposed to be in). I was ecstatic honestly cause I wasn't about to go back and undo everything I did in the meantime to get it back and this was a last ditch effort that I honestly thought I was grasping at straws to think it would work.

Goat shotgun, where they at? Or where it at?

I think I just want to shotgun everything in my path for the rest of the game.

You can hope for a legendary or you can buy Justice from one of the Covenant settlers (you will have to have not killed the people of Covenant or not complete the quest there).

You can also turn the Wazer Wifle into a Laser shotgun, that doesn't need to be reloaded.

Doc_Drop

Are there any console commands for adding Perk Points? I'm about 100 hours in, and it's very clear at LVL 57 that my character's weapon skills are a bit underleveled. I was hoping there'd be scaling in place, but all the gear I found or modded aren't really doing too much damage.

The only one would be to level up i.e. player.modav experience number

Doc_Drop

Curie
robot form
is cute and adorable with her analytics. But useless in battle imo.
I am going to be the first human that bangs a synth though. I don't think anybody in the Commonwealth has banged a snyth yet. But there is the teacher who gets to bang his robot tho

I also agree Replicant, we should have been able to color our armor and clothing. We run into like 4 types of paint cans at least allow us to use them besides scrapping them as junk and for a specific quest.

I believe that there has been at least one
person married to a synth or at least in a relationship so I don't think you'd be the first. Plus someone at the institute must have done that already surely?

Given the Synths have been replacing people for ages chances are loads of people have been doing it without knowing.

The companions make this game, the side stories are really making this game for me. Curie needs to not have that accent, it's far too adorable.

eyeless

is there a way to enable mods again after the patch without using nexus mod manager?

i would need to update nmm if so and it said it would disable some old mods for other games so i just kinda don't want to mess up whatever old mods i have on skyrim and stuff that i can't even remember

Doc_Drop

is there a way to enable mods again after the patch without using nexus mod manager?

i would need to update nmm if so and it said it would disable some old mods for other games so i just kinda don't want to mess up whatever old mods i have on skyrim and stuff that i can't even remember

It is using NMM but without updating it, but you can use it launch Fallout then before entering the game disable and then enable the mods again, then start the game. This at least worked for me until I updated the NMM

eyeless

It is using NMM but without updating it, but you can use it launch Fallout then before entering the game disable and then enable the mods again, then start the game. This at least worked for me until I updated the NMM
the problem is it's so out of date that fallout 4 isn't even an option, i hadn't used it in a while

not sure what to do, i've been putting off playing it for days

Doc_Drop

the problem is it's so out of date that fallout 4 isn't even an option, i hadn't used it in a while

not sure what to do, i've been putting off playing it for days

Ah right, is there not another mod manager program on Nexus mods that does a similar thing. I'm not too sure as I'm relatively bad with this stuff and NMM has been a godsend

3six8su.jpg

Fsz7P6sm.png

What am I doing with my life..................smh

I agree 199%

I never knew you could do this.... I just watched this NX Gamer video

NX Gamer and it states that the xbox one had the most consistent frame rate of the consoles at launch but didn't eurogamer have those stalls with the xbox one. What is going on there?

So I just finished the game (on PC) and I noticed that I hadn't been getting achievements since November 19. Could it be because I used the console? I used it to slow the passage of time since I hate how fast night and day pass in Bethesda games by default. I was under the impression that using the console wouldn't affect achievements.

Pretty fun game overall, but I was ready for it to be over.

Yep, using the console disables achievements.

Big bummer for me, I let a MILA and one other quest for the railroad expire and the next time I showed up at HQ they all attacked me. Touchy bastards.
I had to murder them all to gain access to the Courser chip analysis terminal. Before I unlocked ballistic weave.

Pilgrimzero

Just when I think Im nearing the end it gives me more story quests.

Any who I just couldnt do it: SPOILERS

I had to think on it for a day. Do I betray my new friends and loved ones and join my lost son at the Institute?

But the more I worked with him i realized that my son is still lost. This is not my baby boy.This man has murdered people. And still murders people in the name of hope and progress and salvation. He is a bad man. And while I love my son and wish to be with him I cannot support this monster that he has become.

I love how this game really made me think. Though I do wish it would let me ask certien questions etc. You know, have a real chat with someone
Son, what you are doing it WRONG. Let me explain it to you.
or heck let me somehow broker peace with the 3 factions.

Or heck
attempt a peaceful coup at the Institute. They do put me in charge after all, plus with the Synths on my side I would think I could take it over instead of blowing it all up.

I just finished the early Minutemen quest where you run into the Professor Goodfeels robot. I did something on the terminal and he raced away shouting EXTERMINATE!

I chased him for a while but eventually lost him. When I went back to use the terminal it said he could not be located. Any idea where he went? Was that a bug?

GeoGonzo

So, my character got killed in a pretty cool way last night: It was just a normal shot during a regular fight, but the ragdoll third person view of the death actually looked nice, like a regular death in a GTA game.

So yeah, what I'm saying is that the corpse didn't just flop down, bouncing unconvincingly, nor did it shake wildly with its legs anchored underground, or have the head stay put in place while the body flies away.

It made me think "this may be the first non-ridiculous death in over a 100 hours of gameplay" and now I'm wondering if there are any other modern games with worse ragdoll physics.

Yep, using the console disables achievements.

No, it doesn't.

I quick saved, used two points to give myself level 2 pick pocket for the grenade-in-pants cheezement. Realizing that I forgot the grenade I used the console to give myself one via console. I got the achievement.

Curie
robot form
is cute and adorable with her analytics. But useless in battle imo.
I am going to be the first human that bangs a synth though. I don't think anybody in the Commonwealth has banged a snyth yet. But there is the teacher who gets to bang his robot tho

She's bugged also, never uses a ranged weapon as far as I can tell post quest.

So, my character got killed in a pretty cool way last night: It was just a normal shot during a regular fight, but the ragdoll third person view of the death actually looked nice, like a regular death in a GTA game.

So yeah, what I'm saying is that the corpse didn't just flop down, bouncing unconvincingly, nor did it shake wildly with its legs anchored underground, or have the head stay put in place while the body flies away.

It made me think "this may be the first non-ridiculous death in over a 100 hours of gameplay" and now I'm wondering if there are any other modern games with worse ragdoll physics.

My favorite is when you get a headshot in VATS and it somehow decapitates them and the head falls forward. It makes no sense but it looks awesomely ridiculous.

joecanada

Codsworth (Terminator tendency + Awesome Perk)
Danse (Great in battle + Awesome Perk)
Piper (Good Perk)
Macready (Awesome Perk but lousy in battle)
Dogmeat (Cute)

Haven't tried Curie but the others are not that good and Strong is SHIT. SHIIIIT.

I gave Strong a heated power sledge and found him pretty much one-hitting everything. not too bad.

Nick seems decent as well.

Codsworth is my new favorite lol... "you know i don't feel pain" as the other guy "ahhhhh my arm"

squadr0n

Just picked up the PC version after building a new PC. Was on PS4 but just got tired of the settlement restrictions and other minor things.

Question about console commands: can someone walk me through how to increase my settlements size?

is there any other useful commands I should know? I dont want to cheat through the game with godmode or anything like that but is there any other more useful ones I should use?

Beefy

Codsworth (Terminator tendency + Awesome Perk)
Danse (Great in battle + Awesome Perk)
Piper (Good Perk)
Macready (Awesome Perk but lousy in battle)
Dogmeat (Cute)

Haven't tried Curie but the others are not that good and Strong is SHIT. SHIIIIT.

Strong is great? He tanks big time and runs in with the modded Super Sledge I gave him. Only problem is he doesn't like you picking stuff up.

Cait is also good.

Timeaisis

Well, I beat it.

I sided with
the Railroad
. It was a tough decision, because
every faction is kind of evil
except the Minutemen, of course. They are just boring.

Pilgrimzero

Well, I beat it.

I sided with
the Railroad
. It was a tough decision, because
every faction is kind of evil
except the Minutemen, of course. They are just boring.

How is
the railroad evil? The BoS want genetic purity. The Institute murders in the name of science. What does the Railroad do?

Replicant

Woot woot! Just went to
35 Court
and scored myself a full Mark III X-01 Power Armor. The enemies you have to fight prior to that were quite something though. I'm surprised that I only ended up using 2 cryo mines and 1 Fatman mini nuke to dispatch them.

Akahige

What and the hell is up with that Honest Dan mission?

I choose not to to along with the crazy toture Doctor's plan so I guess everyone at the compound has to die, okay I get that, they are killing folks. So I go back to the Covenant thinking I can just take out the leader but everyone there tries to kill me, even that twitchy woman with the workshop.

Disappointing.

I guess it's good I bought Justice from the vendor there, and made a hard save.

joecanada

How is
the railroad evil? The BoS want genetic purity. The Institute murders in the name of science. What does the Railroad do?

I found all the factions
fairly selfish and self serving even the railroad... they will still strike the brotherhood (killing everyone on the Prwydden) and have no problem sabatoging the institute even though not all in the institute are evil either. I haven't quite finished the game yet but I do kind of have hard time picking sides too, they all seem kind of douchey...

joecanada

6 top tier clinics.

Taken hours and it went up to 95%.... And stopped. I slept for 24 hours and then another and it went down to 94% before having an arrow beside it indicating up.

describe your setup in more detail, how many people? Like I haven't finished this yet but I have read up on it quite a bit, a poster here made a video....

easiest I have seen is 6 people, one food, 5 clinics, big DEF, enough water, then if you need a bump start adding flags, decorations, etc... ring the bell and have them stand around you , etc...
(make sure beds are covered in proper building, roof over heads, not fighting over beds, etc.)

katagai

6 top tier clinics.

Took me several hours to do it, but I ultimately had:

7 People, 12 Food, 9 Water, 65 defense, 8 beds, size bar was pretty much maxed out, and settlement was not linked with a supply line.

I had two people assigned to crops, the other 5 were assigned to clinics. I tried waiting/sleeping, and that didn't seem to work. What did work was just standing there doing nothing while leaving the game running. I occasionally interacted with the settlers and harvested crops, but unsure if that actually helped or not. I also read that placing pictures on the walls would help speed things up, and while it felt like it did for me, I'm not 100% sure it actually affected anything at all.

EDIT: Screenshot of when I got the trophy

Fjordson

Piper is a great character (just maxed out her relationship).

Kinda want to max out a new companion now, but I'll miss Piper tbh.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Weird bug with a partner. When the heli landed after
blowing up the Brotherhood zeppelin
, Piper was like this, just lying around outside, not moving. Then I teleported to the railroad hq, just the same, lol.

Nearing the endgame and I have to say the main quest here blows F3's out of the water. I went the Railroad and I'm happy with that choice. Maxed out my relationship with Piper as well.

televator

Weird bug with a partner. When the heli landed after
blowing up the Brotherhood zeppelin
, Piper was like this, just lying around outside, not moving. Then I teleported to the railroad hq, just the same, lol.

Nearing the endgame and I have to say the main quest here blows F3's out of the water. I went the Railroad and I'm happy with that choice.

Good choice. Most just side with the BOS and they are a worse faction to side with than the institute.

I still think companions were poorly implemented in this game. It turned a bunch of interesting characters into boring farmers and such at my base. I'm looking at you Hancock!

6 top tier clinics.

I'm on Xbone too. I had a settlement with 20 people. 16 Clinics. Four people working the Mutfruits. Over 140 defense. Ten metal shacks, each with a door and two beds. Paintings everywhere. Radios everywhere. I even had a jukebox, for fun.

I'd sleep for 24 hours, walk around, sell some things, buy some things or pump some water from a well.

Near the end I moved one of my clinic proprietors to a bar on top of my houses, so my settlers had a place to relax at night.

Made it to 100% in about three or four hours, including the building.

Replicant

Took me several hours to do it, but I ultimately had:

7 People, 12 Food, 9 Water, 65 defense, 8 beds, size bar was pretty much maxed out, and settlement was not linked with a supply line.

Interesting. I did notice that my percentage went down when I linked my Settlement to supply line.

If you set up a supply line to your achievement settlement, make sure you don't use a settler from that settlement. Connect by making a supply line at another settlement instead.

Top Bottom