• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I mean if you want superior tech, there's a faction for that...

BoS are human supremacists/fascists, Railroad are anarchists, Institute is like... slave owners? None are all that great from an ideological standpoint.

After finding all the vaults, I basically said fuck it, pushed through the final tier of faction quests and uninstalled the game after an uninspiring ending.

I had fun with the core game, but the flaws are so numerous and any ambitious aspects (?) that usually make me excuse Bethesda jank are so far removed from what I want or like from my Fallout games that I've just fallen off. I can't see myself returning to the game anytime soon.

Which really makes me appreciate New Vegas a whole lot more. The resolution and methods to what you want to do with the NCR, Caesar's Legion, Great Khans, and BoS was way more satisfying and had way more options available on how to handle it.

johnsmith

remember me
I was wondering if you could actually remove all clothing from a follower? Just for some hilarity I'd like to just run around as me and my companion in only our underpants, haha. I've seen screenshots of it but when I try it the follower just keeps their road leathers on. So... how?
Equip armor that takes up all slots. Then equip any piece of armor that only takes up 1 slot, this should leave them in their underwear except for the 2nd piece of armor. Then unequip the 2nd piece of armor.

Won't work on Deacon because he has an entire closet full of clothes you can't access.

On Demand

Banned
I'd like to know, too. What I'm trying now is redownloading the game on Steam then before launching the game go into offline mode in Steam, but Steam might just download the latest update in the initial install now so I'm not sure.

Ok it looks like you can. I just deleted it and now installing again. I put the download on pause and when starting the game it ask if i want to continue without updating.

Wanted to make sure so i wouldn't have to wait for the long install for no reason. As you can see im impatient.

man this game is full of surprises. went by some shack i had cleared ages ago but noticed there was someone sleeping inside.. so i sneak in super slowly and immediately go into VATS and notice it's a legendary raider, he starts to get up but i blast two headshots with my Mighty Powerful Combat Shotgun (+25% dmg), and waste his ass. dropped some pretty good armor piece for me, which was nice.

love this game and i love how it feels like it'll never end.

Replicant

I find that the happiness of a settlement is affected by the arrival of new people, be it new settlers or a companion that I no longer use settling there. Is it the people/food ratio? Is the AI programmed to distrust new people? I don't think I know why.

Cultural Leet

Neo Member
It's been 160 hours and I still can't turn in the "Lost Patrol" mission. Every time I speak to Danse he just asks if I want him to join me as a companion. Really bloody annoying.

You don't turn it into Danse. You turn it into the guy underneath Maxson in the Prydwen. It says Danse, but it's wrong. It messed with me too.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Finish it finally, level 43. Good game, but too much like FO3. I got a bit bored at the end, side quests are repetitive. I did like being a traitor and killing my friends 😂

ezekial45

Banned
Are there any console commands for adding Perk Points? I'm about 100 hours in, and it's very clear at LVL 57 that my character's weapon skills are a bit underleveled. I was hoping there'd be scaling in place, but all the gear I found or modded aren't really doing too much damage.

BizzyBum

I give up.

I literally tried everything.

Guess I'm getting the PS4 version.

175 hours on the PC version flushed down the toilet. I'll try it again when the next patch rolls around.

Do you have an upwards arrow? If yes, that means you just have to wait a really, really long time in your settlement for happiness to go up.

Got an up arrow on 92, when it hits 93 it disappears. Tried sleeping for a few hours/days. That didn't work, so I tried waiting. It will eventually start going back down.

psylah

Geez. Where do you get them all?

• Retrieved every one of them that was out in the wild (list here)
  • Farming respawning Raiders who wear power armor at Dunwich Borers and Revere Beach Station (Shoot the fusion core and they jump out, or use 10 charisma Intimidation skill to pacify and pickpocket the core)
  • Pickpocketing the fusion cores out of every Brotherhood of Steel Paladin who wears them and having my companion jump in it while I hide (you don't get caught stealing that way). The guards from the Prydwen tend to respawn inside the armor and walk around in it at the base where you store them, but if you sneakily kill them that fixes that issue
  • Pickpocketing the fusion cores out of the Atom Cats and stealing their suits the same way
  • I bought like 3 bare frames from quartermasters at the Prydwen, Goodneighbor, and Diamond City

So I heard some one say you are playing on PS4? How can your base be that big on PS4?

There is a bug that allows you reduce the settlement size cap, so that along with resource duplication, you can basically build indefinitely. Here's a video of the size of my Castle settlement. I covered the entire build-able area with a flat floor to work on.

you know that does not work on synths as they can just teleport in
so I have turrets etc inside my compounds and I have had raiders just materialize inside as well
even inside my building

Let's just say that synths aren't an issue anymore in my game.

Mindman

It's been 160 hours and I still can't turn in the "Lost Patrol" mission. Every time I speak to Danse he just asks if I want him to join me as a companion. Really bloody annoying.

Go talk to the black dude in the airship. The captain guy. He will allow you to complete the quest.

Replicant

• Retrieved every one of them that was out in the wild (list here)
  • Farming respawning Raiders who wear power armor at Dunwich Borers and Revere Beach Station (Shoot the fusion core and they jump out, or use 10 charisma Intimidation skill to pacify and pickpocket the core)
  • Pickpocketing the fusion cores out of every Brotherhood of Steel Paladin who wears them and having my companion jump in it while I hide (you don't get caught stealing that way). The guards from the Prydwen tend to respawn inside the armor and walk around in it at the base where you store them, but if you sneakily kill them that fixes that issue
  • Pickpocketing the fusion cores out of the Atom Cats and stealing their suits the same way
  • I bought like 3 bare frames from quartermasters at the Prydwen, Goodneighbor, and Diamond City

Wouldn't some of those Power Armor marked as "Steal" when you try to enter again? I took one from Atom Cats without any provocation but every time I go in, it will always say "Steal". That bothers me so I reload my previous save.

I have several questions that would really improve my experience

1. I got the Cabot quest bug where
the cult leader let out Emogene and now she's locked at the Cabot house but the residents haven't changed status from the "find Emogene" quest state. I'm on PC so I tried to skip to another state with the console but it just moved the quest marker to the doctor and his dialogue hasn't changed. I just want the damn Charisma bobblehead in the asylum. Is there any way to get inside if the quest is bugged?

2. I joined the beta awhile ago but I don't think it had updated to 1.02. How can I tell what version I have? Please post a picture so I know where to look exactly.

3. I know how to get a follower out of power armor but what do you do when every piece is broken including the torso? I think I lost (it flat-out disappeared) an X-01 torso on my follower -_-

psylah

Wouldn't some of those Power Armor marked as "Steal" when you try to enter again? I took one from Atom Cats without any provocation but every time I go in, it will always say "Steal". That bothers me so I reload my previous save.

Yeah they say steal, and taking fusion cores out of them will piss off goody-goodies in your base, so do it while they are asleep, send them somewhere else, or just keep cores in the suits.

Getting in the suit has no negative ramifications to your companions, but getting in a stolen suit in front of the faction you stole it from will piss them off. You can walk around in it in front of them, just don't get out and back in.

Replicant

Yeah they say steal, and taking fusion cores out of them will piss off goody-goodies in your base, so do it while they are asleep, send them somewhere else, or just keep cores in the suits.

Getting in the suit has no negative ramifications to your companions, but getting in a stolen suit in front of the faction you stole it from will piss them off. You can walk around in it in front of them, just don't get out and back in.

Yeah, this is such a weird thing. I was clearly walking around using their power armor frame, which I equipped while they were not looking. But the Atom Cats were just "Cool armor, dude, you look chill in it!" I mean, WTF? Aren't you guys realizing that you're one power armor short? 0_0;

I think I'm done with this game. The story's hit a point where I'm no longer compelled to keep it going. And I've done most of the named side content.

Shame. I thought Fallout 4 had the best setup to a Bethesda game in a long long time, and they really just didn't do anything with it.

televator

Must have glitched. I was level 28 on Easy and got my first full suit of X-01 on the roof of Building 35, and I got a second full suit at the South Boston Military Checkpoint at level 35.

What platform by the way? I am on PS4.

Im on PS4 too. That military check point is where I first encountered this problem. It's pretty much guaranteed now that I don't get X01 on typical random frames. I have 9 luck, maybe I need to be at 10?

Is there any fucking way to win the last battle in the Constitution? The robots lose every single time even on very easy. It's impossible without a missile launcher.

Broken Armor should appear in your Companions Inventory.
Then how do I repair it? I don't know exactly how to transfer it to a power armor station.

psylah

Is there any fucking way to win the last battle in the Constitution? The robots lose every single time even on very easy. It's impossible without a missile launcher.

Then how do I repair it? I don't know exactly how to transfer it to a power armor station.

Take the broken armor, and keep it on you in your Apparel inventory.

First, you need a suit of armor. Get out of it near a power armor station, and press the button on the Power Armor station to start the crafting process.

They should appear in the list of armor pieces, press triangle on them to repair them.

psylah

What the hell governs whether a set of clothing can be upgraded at an armor station?

My vault suit can be upgrated, but not a BoS jumpsuit? They seem similar enough.

Grisby

Well, I lost Piper.

I just finished the
Kellog quest and her and Nick were talking in his office. Took Nick instead of her and she said something about doing something but I couldn't quite hear her. Now, she's not in the paper office, mayors place, Sanctuary, nor Nick's office.

Dammit Bethesda.

What the hell governs whether a set of clothing can be upgraded at an armor station?

My vault suit can be upgrated, but not a BoS jumpsuit? They seem similar enough.

I find the clothing part of armor confusing in general. How come I can't wear my vault suit with armor but other things that appear to be similar to the suit make me unequip everything else?

Replicant

I once had a bug where the color of my clothing armor (not Power Armor) turned into bright purple/pink with almost rainbow-ish effect, like I'm participating in Mardi Gras event. Had to restart the game to fix the bug.

Having said that, I hate the colors they pick for the usual armors. Let me color my armor the way I want to, Bethesda!

RedSwirl

Is there any benefit at all to inspecting items in full 3D? Is there at least some quest that requires you to do it to find some clue?

Replicant

So who's the best companion? I still use Preston because his default (read: unlimited) weapon is better than the others' so far.

Codsworth (Terminator tendency + Awesome Perk)
Danse (Great in battle + Awesome Perk)
Piper (Good Perk)
Macready (Awesome Perk but lousy in battle)
Dogmeat (Cute)

Haven't tried Curie but the others are not that good and Strong is SHIT. SHIIIIT.

Codsworth (Terminator tendency + Awesome Perk)
Danse (Great in battle + Awesome Perk)
Piper (Good Perk)
Macready (Awesome Perk but lousy in battle)
Dogmeat (Cute)You forgot to mention, doesn't annoy you with annoying comments lol

Curie
robot form
is cute and adorable with her analytics. But useless in battle imo.
I am going to be the first human that bangs a synth though. I don't think anybody in the Commonwealth has banged a snyth yet. But there is the teacher who gets to bang his robot tho

I also agree Replicant, we should have been able to color our armor and clothing. We run into like 4 types of paint cans at least allow us to use them besides scrapping them as junk and for a specific quest.

I'm at the point where I wish I could kill Preston Garvey just to stop these settlement quests. I currently have three of them! Combined with the bug where the game doesn't recognize that you've helped defend a settlement when it happens to get attacked by synths (causing all settlers to be kill and all crops/turrets/etc to be destroyed), I'm really starting to regret ever building up my settlements.

I don't like failing quests, but unless I get used to it, it's impossible to do anything else in the game.

I started over and never did the first quest to free them and get them to sanctuary and this game is 100% better without the Minutemen involved.

3six8su.jpg

Fsz7P6sm.png

What am I doing with my life..................smh

I started over and never did the first quest to free them and get them to sanctuary and this game is 100% better without the Minutemen involved.
I agree 199%

Replicant

Curie
robot form
is cute and adorable with her analytics. But useless in battle imo.
I am going to be the first human that bangs a synth though. I don't think anybody in the Commonwealth has banged a snyth yet. But there is the teacher who gets to bang his robot tho

Ah, that's disappointing. I was hoping she'll be more like Codsworth. I mean, half of the time I went "HOLY SHIT, Codsworth! What have you done?!". Some of the things he do is straight-up ice cold. And often he'll charge first without me having to tell him to. Which is nice because he provides a very challenging distraction to the enemy while I pick them off one by one using sniper rifle.

televator

So who's the best companion? I still use Preston because his default (read: unlimited) weapon is better than the others' so far.

I'm pretty over powered as a sneaky sniper so I don't really need a companion to do my killing for me. Curie is gosh darn adorable, and doesn't get on my nerves like most other companions. She also doesn't come off as a flat and boring person like Danse and his endless stream of eye rolling platitudes.

Edit: is it just me or does gray garden literally grow crops faster than any other settlement? I remember the robots mentioning this, but I planted some corn and tomatoes and they were ready to harvest in a few minutes.

So I just finished the game (on PC) and I noticed that I hadn't been getting achievements since November 19. Could it be because I used the console? I used it to slow the passage of time since I hate how fast night and day pass in Bethesda games by default. I was under the impression that using the console wouldn't affect achievements.

Pretty fun game overall, but I was ready for it to be over.

Huh, that didn't take long. Dogmeat duping will apparently start crashing and corrupting save files. Anybody that is using this glitch, be careful and tone down the duping. I think what's happening is that people are duping too much of any item. I personally wouldn't be duping 20k or more of a stack. No one will be going through that many resources (besides 5mm and copper) I hope lol.

I've also noticed that the game will really start dipping if you have alot of duped items compared to regularly obtaining said items. I've had around 5-10k of 5mm by looting and finding them and when I store them my game doesn't lag at all but it does when I have a glitched set of 5mm. The game takes a bit to recognize that it's not obtained regularly I suppose.

I know these two games don't compare to each other besides being open world but Dying Light doesn't run into these issues when duping items for some odd reason. It's probably related to Bethesda's game engine right?

Akahige

Goat shotgun, where they at? Or where it at?

I think I just want to shotgun everything in my path for the rest of the game.

Top Bottom