• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Sarcasm

doing them is one way, but also go around to areas near boston/diamond city and shit. Get a bunch of missions. Offer to do them, be nice, etc...

you can get rid of him by just being nice and helpful to people.

Does Grim Reaper's Spring have a sound effect? I just got it, hopefully it isn't too bad.

Those are MM quests right?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for someone who spec'd toward Charisma, Agility, Perception and Science? Enemies are completely smoking me, which is great. I like feeling a real sense of danger in the city outside of Diamond. But some tips from people with a similar starting build would be helpful.

Zukuu

Banned
Any tips for someone who spec'd toward Charisma, Agility, Perception and Science? Enemies are completely smoking me, which is great. I like feeling a real sense of danger in the city outside of Diamond. But some tips from people with a similar starting build would be helpful.
Get Rifleman, Gun Nut + Science, Ninja, Sneak and obliterate the game. Action Hero is great too. Lone Wanderer is great, if you don't want to play with a companion.

With perception and agility...

you'll need to get high enough in agility to get ninja. Then sneak.

Better criticals is in luck, so unfortunately you're out of luck there.

Also more damage dealing perks in perception.

Alucrid

Banned
think i'm done with the game for now, all in all it was fantastic

fallout4_201511201607r0xkg.jpg

fallout4_2015112100209uy0h.jpg

fallout4_201511210021j7aps.jpg

Lol, I lost Dogmeat after signing up Preston as my partner. I sent him back to the sanctuary but couldn't find him for shit. He had a ton of junk so I had to reload a previous save just to get him back.

he's not lost, hes just sitting at one of the three dog houses in sanctuary.

I am doing one...that is probably why I am out somewhere I should not be. Unless go talk to settlement > do their quest isn't Mm quests?

I have these from him:

You need to get the awareness perk so you can see the level of the enemies your fighting, so you can know when to back off when your in the wrong area for your level. Also, use power armor if shit is too difficult for you. Dont save it.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm fucking trash at pickpocketing... I really want this fusion core out of this raider's power armor but I've put no points into stealth

I'm fucking trash at pickpocketing... I really want this fusion core out of this raider's power armor but I've put no points into stealth

Probably not worth it. I've got about 70 fusion cores at the moment without even trying. I just pick them up far more than I actually use power armor.

I have a lot of points into sneak and I don't know what determines pickpocket because I'm ALL sneak and these characters kept catching me in the act even when I was invsible. I had to reload over and over again. It's bullshit.

xkramz

so is it wise to stay using your power armor? i got 4 fusion core but they so rare. what do i do when i run out of juice? i got 22 hrs into the game and only use the power armor tfor a total of 30minutes max

so is it wise to stay using your power armor? i got 4 fusion core but they so rare. what do i do when i run out of juice? i got 22 hrs into the game and only use the power armor tfor a total of 30minutes max

I only use it for missions that are going to be challenging and/or lengthy. I've got four suits parked outside my home in Diamond City.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Game is getting shredded on RPGCodex and people claim I should play Wasteland 2 DC instead if I'm interested in a post-apocalyptic setting. Is that accurate?

I'm semi active on Codex, and every game that gets shredded are usually my favorites.

When I see the shred, I put up my banner of protest once or twice, go buy the game and usually have the time of my life.

TL;DR RPGCodex hates a lot of awesome games

Magitex

I'm semi active on Codex, and every game that gets shredded are usually my favorites.

When I see the shred, I put up my banner of protest once or twice, go buy the game and usually have the time of my life.

While I think the game is great, it really is closer to being Borderlands than Fallout 2, so it doesn't surprise me that it's not popular there. If I had the energy I'd probably be raging about some of Bethesda's choices too.

Hylian7

Main quest spoilers, most likely near the end of it:
Good god that part where you had to build the teleporter. I plopped it all down, had enough generators, and wasn't sure what they meant by "same grid". Apparently it means connecting all the generators to each other, so I did that. And she's like "check your connections", and I'm almost to the point of yelling obscenities at the game. I just unwire everything and start over and I got it that time. That took a lot more effort than it should have.

I'm glad I kept picking up junk throughout the game, even though I had barely built my settlement, I had a supply to go back to in Sanctuary for everything, and had to buy only a couple of things for Aluminum in Diamond City. I can't imagine how fucking infuriataing that quest would be if you didn't have all the junk.

Alucrid

Banned

i started to use it near the end once i got the kind i wanted. i ended up gaining more than i lost while using it

Main quest spoilers, most likely near the end of it:
Good god that part where you had to build the teleporter. I plopped it all down, had enough generators, and wasn't sure what they meant by "same grid". Apparently it means connecting all the generators to each other, so I did that. And she's like "check your connections", and I'm almost to the point of yelling obscenities at the game. I just unwire everything and start over and I got it that time. That took a lot more effort than it should have.

I'm glad I kept picking up junk throughout the game, even though I had barely built my settlement, I had a supply to go back to in Sanctuary for everything, and had to buy only a couple of things for Aluminum in Diamond City. I can't imagine how fucking infuriataing that quest would be if you didn't have all the junk.

i had to build two sets because the one in the first area they say to do it in didn't work

aajohnny

I think it's weird how people will try their darndest to try and will you into not having fun with this game. It's people have nothing better to do than try and convince you to not play a game.

It's because the Cd Projekt red or Obsidian label isn't on it so people automatically hate it because it's Bethesda. I've noticed this for a while now.

Hylian7

It's because the Cd Projekt red or Obsidian label isn't on it so people automatically hate it because it's Bethesda. I've noticed this for a while now.

That doesn't make any sense. No one is trying to "will anyone into not having fun or convince them they aren't playing a game" here, I really don't know where that narrative comes from. People tend to be more critical of Bethesda games because they often have a lot less polish than CD Projekt Red or Obsidian (although if you want to count Fallout: New Vegas as Obsidian that's fine, but they did use Bethesda's engine. Debatable who was responsible for the bugs in it).

Xeteh

Man, the scarcity of shotgun shells even with 2 points in Scrounger is driving me up the wall. I'm using the other ammo I get to sell to buy more shells but there just isn't enough from the vendors.

Really wish ammo crafting made it over from NV.

I like this game plenty but considering how the last few Bethesda games have gone it isn't too shocking that people are annoyed with it. I've been playing F4 nonstop but that doesn't mean I don't have problems with it.

I think it's weird how people will try their darndest to try and will you into not having fun with this game. It's people have nothing better to do than try and convince you to not play a game.

A lot of those people were banned in Destiny honeypot first-page-graveyard threads this past year, fortunately.

Do items you put in a random workbench in storage become available at other workbenches?

I'm constantly exploring and hitting my weight limit but would like to store things and not have to back track .

Also is there any point in keeping more then 1 duplicate weapon type ?

Holy shit the (Reunions quest)
dialogue of the player character when confronting Kellogg might be some of the worst I've ever heard in a game. That or the atrocious delivery. Made me cringe lol

Seriously Tits there are way more interesting things going on in the Commonwealth than looking for your dumb kid.

bjaelke

Do items you put in a random workbench in storage become available at other workbenches?

I'm constantly exploring and hitting my weight limit but would like to store things and not have to back track .

Also is there any point in keeping more then 1 duplicate weapon type ?

You'll need to link workbenches by setting up a supply line. Only junk is shared between linked workbenches.

dialogue of the player character when confronting Kellogg might be some of the worst I've ever heard in a game. That or the atrocious delivery. Made me cringe lol

Seriously Tits there are way more interesting things going on in the Commonwealth than looking for your dumb kid.

Should have gone full Mortal Kombat movie cheesy

Too bad YOU

WILL DIE

sappyday

Dat
monster in the closet line lol

You'll need to link workbenches by setting up a supply line. Only junk is shared between linked workbenches.

not only junk. Food and supplies too.

I know because I have one settlement that has all of the water and none of the others have any, and their happiness is still growing. Not to mention their water image is zero but it doesn't have a warning symbol.

What you feel about the game is of course based on expectations. They have theirs on the game, and if one expects this to play as the 1998 Fallout 2, then that person will be dissapointed in this. My expectations was a Morrowind style game, and it's a blast to play as such a game.

I still would have wanted more options in the dialogue, more non violent approaches to quests, and less super mutants/ghouls, but it's still a very good game, based on my expectations.

And if it hadn't been called Fallout, and hadn't been made by Bethesda but by someone like Piranha Byters, the game would have had a much easier time with some of the audience, who would have celebrated the rewarding exploration and joked about the charming jank.

Faenix1

They aint so rare. I some how have 17 and have no idea where they are from. lol

Did an entire mission without running/jumping/whatever else may deplete it and barely use 50% of one.

Hylian7

Late game main quest spoilers:
I brought my nice fancy set of Power Armor that I have been upgrading into the institute. I'm realizing that was just a waste of a fusion core.

bjaelke

I know because I have one settlement that has all of the water and none of the others have any, and their happiness is still growing. Not to mention their water image is zero but it doesn't have a warning symbol.

Yes food and water from produce, but not food/aid you put in the workbench.

Kaversmed

Damn, didn't know this. So you could actually make a settlement that only focuses on farming and producing water and then supply it to the other settlements?

Top Bottom