• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

CloudWolf

I think I've just had a moment of clarity. I'm not enjoying F4 to its fullest right now because I'm RPing. I should have just gone for a "Do anything, master of all trades" guy but I'm actually not taking perks (I had 3 unused ones last night, didn't notice or care) because I'm saving perks for future runs. I might just push for the end game then start a new guy that falls more in line with what I did in F3: learns everything, does everything. No more not joining the BoS because they're iffy, no more wanting to please companions... No more companions actually. The Lone Wandered is returning, and he's not going to have non-stealthy idiots getting in his way when he's shooting and blowing his cover when he's sneaking.
I'm having the same problem, I'm trying to do a stealthy sniper playthrough, but the fact that you can't make silencers until you're level 38 really screws up my roleplaying and thus my experience.

danowat

Banned
I'm having the same problem, I'm trying to do a stealthy sniper playthrough, but the fact that you can't make silencers until you're level 38 really screws up my roleplaying and thus my experience.

You can find silenced weapons that you can recycle the silencers on other weapons without having to have the perk.

Yeah, I noticed that I'm doing less RP'ing right now as well, when I'm still exploring and learning the lay of the land.

Once I get a mod that adds a sleeping bag that's all gonna change, though. Gonna sleep regularly and eat twice per day.

Copper and oil for me :p
I dont make none of that fancy stuff that requires wiring so i got plenty of copper. I normally build a bunch of power armor stations and upgrade my guns. Stations tend to eat up aluminum. I think im just gonna stop making them. I just got a bunch of power armor frames, most of them dont even have a piece of armor since ive yet to find a place that sells

iddqd

?
Silencers for what?
GUN NUT LVL 3 is available starting at level 25.
That allows for silencers on rifles, shotguns, gun (guns were even ok with GUN NUT 2).

The only thing GUN NUT 4 is holding out silencer wise is one for the combat rifle.

Beefy

Yeah, I noticed that I'm doing less RP'ing right now as well, when I'm still exploring and learning the lay of the land.

Once I get a mod that adds a sleeping bag that's all gonna change, though. Gonna sleep regularly and eat twice per day.

Plus you level up stupidly quick while you are well rested.

iddqd

Doodling some stuff around my character.
Friendly fat guy who insists on eating everything he kills.
Addicted to Death Claw Steak sadly.

image031kfs5s.png

Trickster

You have 500 adhesives?? How did you manage that?

Which faction(s) specifically if you know?

Late game faction/story spoilers below

In my playthrough.
The Institure wanted me to kill Desdamona and become hostile with BoS. And the BoS wanted me to kill Desdamona. And the Railroad wanted me to destroy the BoS + destroy the Institute

Kolx

Is there any way to have a specific legendary stat on a certain weapon other than finding a version of that weapon while exploring by luck?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Pickpocket perks are just not worth it. Get 2 perk points, invest into pickpocketing, put a live grenade on someone, get trophy, reload save and invest perk points on something you want.

rjinaz

You guys, buy your hard to find materials in bulk from shops, seriously.

Oil can be bought from Carla and in Diamond City. Aluminum can be bought in Diamond City. Leather can be bought at that farm near Sanctuary.

Beefy

Oil can be bought from Carla and in Diamond City. Aluminum can be bought in Diamond City. Leather can be bought at that farm near Sanctuary.

The only thing I ever seem to run out of is Fiber Optics.

That's my problem. I haven't been to Diamond City yet (48hrs in).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does an early investment in locking-picking and hacking ever really pay off?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

The BoS vendor has fiber optics afaik

Hacking yes, lockpicking no.

rjinaz

That's my problem. I haven't been to Diamond City yet (48hrs in).

I was avoiding Diamond City myself for most of my game. I think I first went there at level 32. But when I heard they sold the rarer ammo, I decided just to go in. I'm glad I did. I still haven't done any quests there. I just use it to buy ammo and materials mostly.

Beefy

I have max locking picking. But only one level in Hacking. Lock picking seems more important to me. But then without a level cap and some people getting to level 70. I guess both can be unlocked easy.

Beefy

I was avoiding Diamond City myself for most of my game. I think I first went there at level 32. But when I heard they sold the rarer ammo, I decided just to go in. I'm glad I did. I still haven't done any quests there. I just use it to buy ammo and materials mostly.
The only rare thing I want is the Devastators armour! It looks crazy. But the chest piece alone is 17k.

Marvie_3

Banned

Leather has been easy to find for me. Seems like every raider has several pieces of armor that can be scrapped for leather.

rjinaz

Leather has been easy to find for me. Seems like every raider has several pieces of armor that can be scrapped for leather.

True they do especially at the lower levels but I got tired of getting weighed down by all the armor so I just buy it. Though I don't ever really need leather anymore anyway at my level.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
ok, so how can i check the status of my relationship? I want to get mccreadys perk but i have no idea how far im away from it? How long do those things usually take? I havent got a companion perk yet..

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ok, so how can i check the status of my relationship? I want to get mccreadys perk but i have no idea how far im away from it? How long do those things usually take? I havent got a companion perk yet..

MacCready has a quest. There are 2 major parts to it
going to the highway and going to Med Tech
. If you've done either or both of those you are closer to his perk than had you not done either of them.

Warning to you, MacCready's perk is currently MAJORLY bugged so that it gives you a 95% chance to hit enemy heads even if they are a mile away or behind cover. Unless you want to enable basically cheat modes for your game, I advise you to wait until a patch.

Truant

Regarding Lovecraftian stuff

There's always some cool Lovecraftian horror in Bethesda's games. I dug the whole ancient aliens / R'Lyeh reference in the Cobalt questline. Also dug the re-animator references. Anything else?

Nose Master

Eh. I have lockpicking to Master (did it asap) and it's kind of useful. Hacking is base tier, dgaf. Passwords and keys are generally laying about, anyways. Also
Nick
can hack any terminal for me I want.

Steiner84

MacCready has a quest. There are 2 major parts to it
going to the highway and going to Med Tech
. If you've done either or both of those you are closer to his perk than had you not done either of them.

Warning to you, MacCready's perk is currently MAJORLY bugged so that it gives you a 95% chance to hit enemy heads even if they are a mile away or behind cover. Unless you want to enable basically cheat modes for your game, I advise you to wait until a patch.

hmm. that sounds nasty..

but anyway, how do i get his quest? because i havent gotten anything from him..

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
hmm. that sounds nasty..

but anyway, how do i get his quest? because i havent gotten anything from him..

Keep him with you and do things he likes. Eventually he will talk to you on his own. This is the same for all companions, whether they have a quest or not. They will always initiate dialog with you if they are ready to advance the relationship.

Steiner84

Keep him with you and do things he likes. Eventually he will talk to you on his own. This is the same for all companions, whether they have a quest or not. They will always initiate dialog with you if they are ready to advance the relationship.

ok, i think i just majorly fucked him up.. had to bust a drug deal, threw a nade and vats shotted anyone before anything could actually happen and every one died instantly and then it plopped that mccready hated this..

edit: wow ok, ive just talked to him by myself and got him to tell me about his problems. Now i have the quest.

rocK`

Banned
Also how frequent is the randomness of Idiot Savant with 1 INT? With my current character I raised my INT from 4 to 6 in order to get the Science perk but now I'm scared my Idiot Savant perk is useless and I love that perk because I'm already at lvl 30 and I haven't discovered a lot of locations or even done a lot of quests. I just want to know so if I do another character I'll roll with 1 INT.

I've found it easier just to manipulate the RNG by quicksaving before handing in quests, etc.

N° 2048

ok, i think i just majorly fucked him up.. had to bust a drug deal, threw a nade and vats shotted anyone before anything could actually happen and every one died instantly and then it plopped that mccready hated this..

edit: wow ok, ive just talked to him by myself and got him to tell me about his problems. Now i have the quest.

Can you constantly do bad things companions don't like but then just do a bunch of good stuff and still get the quests?
or does it lock you out if you do a lot of shit they don't like.

Dries

Guys, suddenly I can't tag items to search for while using a workbench. Really weird. Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: never mind, I'm just high as fuck.

Seyavesh

Regarding Lovecraftian stuff

There's always some cool Lovecraftian horror in Bethesda's games. I dug the whole ancient aliens / R'Lyeh reference in the Cobalt questline. Also dug the re-animator references. Anything else?

pickman's gallery
+ supposedly some random unmarked occult stuff around the wasteland
what's this
cobalt questline
you're talking about?

Steiner84

Can you constantly do bad things companions don't like but then just do a bunch of good stuff and still get the quests?

i dont know really.
maybe i was just lucky with picking the right answers.

LiQuid!

Guys, suddenly I can't tag items to search for while using a workbench. Really weird. Anyone know why this is happening?

You have to not have enough of item you want to search for in order to flag it, so if you're in your settlement with a lot of said item in the bench you can't flag it.

Workaround for this is to go to a weapon or armor crafting table away from your settlements and flag it from there. This is easier after you've collected a lot of junk. So if you want to search for oil, collect junk, go to a weapon station out in a dungeon, trade all your oil to a companion, then flag it. That way you won't accidentally flag a bunch of common stuff with it, like steel, etc.

Pretty sure there's no way to get locked out. I pissed off Strong a lot by picking locks when he was with me and he still eventually idolized me.

Top Bottom