• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

This is gonna be the dumbest question ever, but how do you see how many hours you have in? PS4.

I casually looked awhile ago and couldn't find anything.

I have like 4 or 5 small achievements to go before this baby is 100%.

Go save or load a game and hit the Option button and then hit Information.

So when you piss off other factions, what's the idea here. Which ones can you be in good standing with while the others hate you.

Like I know there's a point where you choose between the brotherhood and railroad. What else?

If you side with the Minutemen, you can manage to stay on good terms with both the Brotherhood and the Railroad. But it's not easy, as it requires finishing some quests but not starting others. Other characters acknowledge it, however, so it's a valid option.

If you finally side with any of the other factions, you can't be friends with the others, except for the Minutemen.

SeanR1221

If you side with the Minutemen, you can manage to stay on good terms with both the Brotherhood and the Railroad. But it's not easy, as it requires finishing some quests but not starting others. Other characters acknowledge it, however, so it's a valid option.

If you finally side with any of the other factions, you can't be friends with the others, except for the Minutemen.
Got it. Thanks!

burgerdog

This is pretty weird. I'm out of main / non-infinite quests. This has never happened to me in a Bethesda game and I'm only 40 hours in. I've done everything that the minute men, BoS and Rail Road dudes offered before going you know where.

Just odd, I didn't even beat Skyrim and I clocked 76 hours in that one and my quest log is still huge.

A lot of people got the game for Christmas and would like to talk about it/ask questions without being spoiled.

Yeah, but he was never openly discussing spoilers. They were behind tags. If you want to discuss stuff in here and can't handle that, then don't come in here. Simple as that.

Replicant

Last night was a good play. I managed to:

* Found
the Alien Ship + Alien + Alien Blaster

* Completed the
U.S.S Constitution
quest. It's a silly but long-ass mission about some
crazy robots who think they are the captain/crew mate of a ship
. This culminated in a major firefight I didn't see coming. I'm surprised I didn't fuck this up because apparently you can unintentionally pissing off the unintended party by accidentally shooting them. I guess it's a good thing I was mostly only using laser gun or normal rifle to shoot the enemies instead of heavy guns like Missile Launcher. Got the Broadsider!!!

* Redid the
Reunions
quest. Seriously, no one ever warned anyone of how pivotal/turning point this mission turns out to be despite the automatic way it starts and the various bugs it can induce (Dogmeat got stuck in certain areas and not going anywhere despite telling him to, etc). But most importantly, if you do this before doing some
BoS recon team quests,
it'll make it impossible to finish those quests
unless you side with BoS later in the game
. This is also the turning point when
The Brotherhood descends onto Boston, causing all hell to break loose because they'll start major fights with various factions all over Boston.
. So if you're a completionist and unless you've completed phase one of the game. Do not, I repeat, do not start this mission (do not complete the mission prior to it because this mission starts automatically afterwards).

Croc

Banned
Looking for a concrete answer since most of the answers I've seen elsewhere are both differing and from before the game was actually released.

Does Dogmeat count as a companion and negate the Lone Wanderer perk?

Someone posted a while back about being disappointed that some of the gear on the loading screens aren't in the game, specifically the Deathclaw Gauntlet. Well, I just picked this up. So it's definitely in there.

NJunZ8Z.png

A lot of people got the game for Christmas and would like to talk about it/ask questions without being spoiled.
If you need technical support google is your friend. If you want to talk about plot finish the game first or risk getting spoiled

You want me to stay out of an OT discussion for a game because of spoilers when there's an actual thread for spoilers? I think you have it backwards.
I still think i shouldn't have to do that though.

Uh no, this is the OT, there's a spoiler thread for that type of stuff.

No, all discussion threads contain spoilers regardless of whether or not the thread is labeled spoilers. How is that possible you ask? because no one can agree on what a spoiler is. You need only to look back one page to see someone telling another to spoiler tag his/her IRL Mom dying. Thus it is the responsibility of the spoiler sensitive person to stay the fuck out of any discussion regarding said piece of media: books, music, movies, or video games, until they have completed it.

N° 2048

Someone posted a while back about being disappointed that some of the gear on the loading screens aren't in the game, specifically the Deathclaw Gauntlet. Well, I just picked this up. So it's definitely in there.

Everything I've seen in the loading screen is in game so far.

Speaking of loading screens...150+ hours, level 52 and I just saw the Junk Jet for the first time ever in the loading screens. Crazy, new things everyday in Fallout 4.

johnsmith

remember me
Stan, I'm very sorry about your mom. Thank you for sharing what is a very personal moment. And I'm sorry that you were made to feel that you had to delete it.

Replicant

Everything I've seen in the loading screen is in game so far.

Speaking of loading screens...150+ hours, level 52 and I just saw the Junk Jet for the first time ever in the loading screens. Crazy, new things everyday in Fallout 4.

Got it. Never used it. You're not missing out much. There's no such thing as 'junk' in my game....unless I can shoot those spam cans and breakfast cereal but those are classified as 'Aid'

Some of the guns in the game like the Broadsider and the Alien gun would have been fun to use if there are enough ammo for it. But there aren't. :/

Replicant

You can buy rare ammo. Sell your .38 and 5mm ammo to buy the good stuff.

Canons and Alien ammo are available? From whom? And yeah, I've been selling my .38 ammo since I got too many. I was worried at first thinking "What if I need it?". Now I'm just "Whatever, I'll figure it out later".

Canons and Alien ammo are available? From whom? And yeah, I've been selling my .38 ammo since I got too many. I was worried at first thinking "What if I need it?". Now I'm just "Whatever, I'll figure it out later".

You can't buy alien Blaster Ammo, but you can mod it to use Fusion Cells or, you can use the Item Duplication Exploit to make as much as you want. The game will crash when Item Stacks get close to or exceed 60,000. If you're on PC there is a Mod that gives your companions infinite ammo.

The Junk Jet is fun but it's not fun when you get bogged down with a shitload of junk tbh. I used it to kill some lowly raider but that's it. Now the Railway Rifle, that's a freakin' weapon!

Besides, I don't need my junk anymore when I can just keep duping my shipments.

Looking for a concrete answer since most of the answers I've seen elsewhere are both differing and from before the game was actually released.

I thought I heard and read from reddit and GAF that he is a companion but the Lone Wanderer perk is glitched and doesn't count him as one? I mean, if Bethesda doesn't patch it then I would assume that it was intentional.

AEREC

He does not count as a companion in regards to the lone wanderer perk. Though presumably it's a bug since one of the loading screens says the opposite.

Rodhull

You want me to stay out of an OT discussion for a game because of spoilers when there's an actual thread for spoilers? I think you have it backwards.

But you know what you're right, people seem to casually spoil little game play details so maybe i should stay out.

I still think i shouldn't have to do that though.

Don't worry about it. It's cool.

You didn't have to edit your post.

To be honest I don't know how anyone's immediate response to someone posting something that personal is to complain about spoilers. Yeesh!

Sorry to hear that Stan, for what it's worth.

Croc

Banned
I thought I heard and read from reddit and GAF that he is a companion but the Lone Wanderer perk is glitched and doesn't count him as one? I mean, if Bethesda doesn't patch it then I would assume that it was intentional.

He does not count as a companion in regards to the lone wanderer perk. Though presumably it's a bug since one of the loading screens says the opposite.

hmmm okay. I hope they don't patch it

So which faction do you folks think is the most suitable to support if you are playing as an evil bastard?

I hate them all but if I had to choose..... I really hate the huge military tropes so I would say the BoS.

A bunch of gun loving bastards they are!

goes and duplicate a shitload of viable blood samples to get rich off of them

kitch9

Banned
Is their a definite way to find lost companions?

I sent 2 to sanctuary that aren't there no matter how much I ring the bell.

Piper and Nick.

Replicant

Is their a definite way to find lost companions?

I sent 2 to sanctuary that aren't there no matter how much I ring the bell.

Piper and Nick.

So many ways. If you have to part ways, it's always better to part ways in the settlement you want to send them to.

As for your case, did you just finished
Reunions
? Because if so, they'll be at
Nick's office, talking about you. Just go there and you'll find them both there.

kitch9

Banned
So many ways. If you have to part ways, it's always better to part ways in the settlement you want to send them to.

As for your case, did you just finished
Reunions
? Because if so, they'll be at
Nick's office, talking about you. Just go there and you'll find them both there.

Thanks, I had just done Reunions sent Nick to Sanctuary in favour of Piper then went to BOS airship and got forced to send piper away I'll have a look next time I play.

Replicant

Thanks, I had just done Reunions sent Nick to Sanctuary in favour of Piper then went to BOS airship and got forced to send piper away I'll have a look next time I play.

Yeah,
Reunions
set so many things in motions on top of causing so many bugs. Speaking of, have you checked
Dogmeat
's whereabouts post that quest?

kitch9

Banned
Yeah,
Reunions
set so many things in motions on top of causing so many bugs. Speaking of, have you checked
Dogmeat
's whereabouts post that quest?

l haven't looked too hard for him but he wasn't at the kennel in sanctuary when I looked.

Replicant

l haven't looked too hard for him but he wasn't at the kennel in sanctuary when I looked.

That's likely because he's still stuck on
the front porch of Fort Hagen
. I noticed this when he didn't move away when I dismissed him. So I had to dismiss Nick instead and went with him for that quest. Even then, it requires some "go here" coaxing to get him to walk with you at first.

Doc_Drop

Have you got a link for this? I went Railroad/Institute for my first full plays and would like to try a Minutemen completion but like the idea of keeping the Railroad and Brotherhood around

kitch9

Banned
That's likely because he's still stuck on
the front porch of Fort Hagen
. I noticed this when he didn't move away when I dismissed him. So I had to dismiss Nick instead and went with him for that quest. Even then, it requires some "go here" coaxing to get him to walk with you at first.

Ha ha, looks like I'm going detective for the next couple of hours. I'm just starting
railroad and I'm with Deacon
so I'll roll with him for a bit.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why doesn't my wooden flooring squish bushes? Why can't I scrap bushes? WHY ARE THEY POKING THROUGH MY GODDAMN FLOOR!

Have you got a link for this? I went Railroad/Institute for my first full plays and would like to try a Minutemen completion but like the idea of keeping the Railroad and Brotherhood around

I saw this video, and saw a post on GAF about it, too.

That order isn't really fixed, there's just certain quests you need to avoid.

Replicant

I saw this video, and saw a post on GAF about it, too.

That order isn't really fixed, there's just certain quests you need to avoid.

I made a post about that in the spoiler thread:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190497080&postcount=773

The main quest that started it all is
Reunions
. All hell breaks lose after you finished the main part of the quest (even if you haven't done the final step) and cause you unable to complete BoS recon team missions until you are fully with them. But I have no idea how that impacts things. So keep the main mission at
Getting a Clue - don't let Dogmeat sniff the cigar just yet until you've finished all 3 of BoS recon team mission which includes The Lost Patrol.

I also have no idea whether to do
Road to Freedom
before or after
Reunions and Dangerous Minds
. The problem is that
Road to Freedom
is immediately followed by
Tradecraft
. It's weird to not do that immediately given the proximity of your character to the target of that quest.

N° 2048

These ending things seem confusing as hell. I haven't finished but the BoS already hates me. I think I'm just finished Battle of Bunker Hill. Trying to see how far I can be with Railroad and Institute until they turn on each other.

Top Bottom