• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Replicant

So...I was looking for one of those holotapes for Nick and one of the location is a place I never visited. So I thought why don't I fast travel to a nearby location.....which turns out to be infested with Super Mutants, some of them are the unhinged suicider types. I was just going to get rid of the suicider ones then run off to find the tape when all of a sudden Brotherhood of Steel descends and all hell break lose. It was fun. But FFS, I think the Brotherhood did more damage to my character from the explosion they caused to the cars etc than what the Super Mutants could have done:

https://youtu.be/dyvyFvehQZA?list=PLzzZJsRYlIJZbjXSVusDW1PJv-EnPIsAE

I have a huge bug on PS4, the game crash every time I get to a certain location. It's during the quest where I'm tracking the dude who kidnapped my son, on a bridge (after the third clue). Anyone having the same problem ?

Tigress

I have a huge bug on PS4, the game crash every time I get to a certain location. It's during the quest where I'm tracking the dude who kidnapped my son, on a bridge (after the third clue). Anyone having the same problem ?

Have you updated to the last patch? I hope not for your sake cause I think you got a known bug that usually the last patch fixes (it did for me and many others but I have heard a few people it did not). I'm guessing you can even tell the invisible border you cross over that causes it to crash? (also, it will crash basically if you try to go into a certain area so it doesn't matter if you come from the south or north, you'll not be able to reach anything in that area). It's basically the cambridge area (though some people had different areas it happened but Cambridge is the most common one). I think you can still do the quest you're doing, you're just going to have to walk around the area rather than through. But you will eventually need to go in it for the main quest (I'm actually at that point).

If you have the patch and it's still doing this, I'd probably find a way to let Bethesda support know cause they might think it's fixed since most people had it fixed, and the more people they hear from that say it hasn't been the more chance they'll not just consider it done already.

If you don't have the latest patch, go download it because it most likely will fix your problem.

N° 2048

Holy fuck the maxed out Gauss Rifle. Over 400 damage. That's even more than a maxed out Plasma Rifle, which at most does 240 damage.

Fully modded Gauss Rifle lol 441 DMG (perks, etc) wrecks everything.

Recoil Compensated Shielded Gauss Rifle is the full name.

Love it.

Roussow

Hey lads,
I've almost wrapped up my time with Fallout 4, no where near 100% or anything, but I'll feel quite satisfied after the main story, and one more thing. Does anyone have the locations of all the vaults in the game? There was one mandatory one, in the Nick Valentine quest. But I'd like some details (or a link to a detailed article) on where they are, with as few spoilers of their contents as possible.

Hey lads,
I've almost wrapped up my time with Fallout 4, no where near 100% or anything, but I'll feel quite satisfied after the main story, and one more thing. Does anyone have the locations of all the vaults in the game? There was one mandatory one, in the Nick Valentine quest. But I'd like some details (or a link to a detailed article) on where they are, with as few spoilers of their contents as possible.

pics of the vault locations

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ault_95.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151114215622
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ault_81.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151208175708
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net..._Middle.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151112221107

N° 2048

Hey lads,

http://www.gosunoob.com/fallout-4/vault-locations/

just don't read anything and only click the image that shows the location on the map for the most spoiler free experience.

i am disappointed at how many vaults they are :(

Christ. An Instigating Gauss Rifle would be a guaranteed one shot kill on everything when maxed out with mods and perks.

Anyone, does choice of weapon sight affect accuracy in VATS?

kitch9

Banned
How the hell do I break the rubble for the Castle quest to reach the armory ?...the quest points me to the stupid workbench and the whole building menu things and there is nothing there to make explosives...I tried grenades,molotovs,mines I have on me instead but that doesnt seem to work,so I just left and kept on doing the fun things.

Keep asking the woman what to do you'll get your answer.

There's a specific quest that has a Legendary Mirelurk that can spawn Legendary Gauss Rifles. It's in Goodneighbor. Abuse the save/reload until you get it. The Mirelurk does not respawn.

So if you really, really want to end the wasteland..... Go ahead and try it lol.

BizzyBum

BLOODED_hands said these two are out there

Try and find a Instigating or Two-Shot Gauss Rifle. G freakin' G wasteland.

Crazy.

Damn, I wish. Here's my best Gauss Rifle currently:
pbiT24P.jpg
Kinda a usless legendary stat since I rarely use VATS, though. I have another one that is enraging which causes the target to frenzy on critical hits.

SeanR1221

Just bought the overseers guardian. Wow! What a weapon. Right now it does 131 damage but I need to buff up my riflemen skill tree a bit.

I wish I wasn't dumb and paid full price. I should have popped some grape mentats before buying it.

Just bought the overseers guardian. Wow! What a weapon. Right now it does 131 damage but I need to buff up my riflemen skill tree a bit.

I wish I wasn't dumb and paid full price. I should have popped some grape mentats before buying it.

Welcome to the darkside. With my latest character, I immediately switched to very easy and ran all the way towards where to buy it. Then I used the vendor glitch (still on old patch) and I got it for free with a ton of ammo. Immediately switched back to survival and got my shit pushed in lol.

It is such a great weapon from beginning to end. The damage output is crazy with the right perks.

The two-shot/way legendary mod are so damn rare though ;_;

Haven't found anymore weapons that have the mod besides shotguns ;_;

Platinum'd it a couple of hours ago. I enjoyed the game overall, but it doesn't hold a candle to NV to me. In fact, while I enjoyed the game, I can't bring myself to play through it a second time (I used one save file for all of the faction-related trophies).

I've been drinking, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but could someone explain something to me please?
During the BoS quests, you're tasked with finding Dr Li, and also finding the warheads (or whatever) for Liberty Prime, and it's made out that they couldn't have got LP up and running without you (I distinctly remember that the BoS were having huge trouble getting LP to operate properly). However, when it comes to destroying the BoS with the Institute, LP is already fully assembled with its fuel (I forget the name of it) already loaded. None of this made any sense to me, especially as you're the only person who could have had access to the Institute to find Dr Li in the first place.
Am I missing something?

SeanR1221

Welcome to the darkside. With my latest character, I immediately switched to very easy and ran all the way towards where to buy it. Then I used the vendor glitch (still on old patch) and I got it for free with a ton of ammo. Immediately switched back to survival and got my shit pushed in lol.

It is such a great weapon from beginning to end. The damage output is crazy with the right perks.

The two-shot/way legendary mod are so damn rare though ;_;

Haven't found anymore weapons that have the mod besides shotguns ;_;

Yeah I can't wait to max out the build and perk set.

Best part of fallout 3 and Vegas was feeling like a god. I'm looking forward to that again

Speaking of builds, what would you all consider to be the essentials to pure damage and survivability?

For me it would have to be:

Max strength for carry weight
Max endurance for good AP usage during VATS usage
Close to max intelligence for weapon mods
Maybe max perception for AP usage and explosive procs
Max Luck for Bloody Mess and Great usage of VATS

That would be it right? Am I missing anything besides stealth builds? Would you pick the max Medic perk for faster stimpaks?

Jezbollah

Speaking of builds, what would you all consider to be the essentials to pure damage and survivability?

For me it would have to be:

Max strength for carry weight
Max endurance for good AP usage during VATS usage
Close to max intelligence for weapon mods
Maybe max perception for AP usage and explosive procs
Max Luck for Bloody Mess and Great usage of VATS

That would be it right? Am I missing anything besides stealth builds? Would you pick the max Medic perk for faster stimpaks?

Max Armourer too.

v0mitg0d

Figured out easiest way to remove supply line: kill provisioner. Follow them into out of sight area, enter in sneak mode to make sure nobody sees you, kill them. Provisioner doesn't even enter in build area in some of the settlements (exa. Zimonja and Abernathy Farm) making it really hard to stop them.

Here's another, safer way to cancel a Supply Line/Trade Route (starts at 4:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmuIS6wnFo&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd&index=4

Are you finished with the quest or are you stuck somewhere? I know you said "turn in" indicating that you are done with it but I've read posts about the quest not progressing at a certain point.
Ye, my pip-boy says to talk to Dr. Carrington however he just asks if I need medical attention (Triangle does nothing).

I did see that bug on a google search but mine seems absent.

True Fire

Platinum'd it a couple of hours ago. I enjoyed the game overall, but it doesn't hold a candle to NV to me. In fact, while I enjoyed the game, I can't bring myself to play through it a second time (I used one save file for all of the faction-related trophies).

I've been drinking, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but could someone explain something to me please?
During the BoS quests, you're tasked with finding Dr Li, and also finding the warheads (or whatever) for Liberty Prime, and it's made out that they couldn't have got LP up and running without you (I distinctly remember that the BoS were having huge trouble getting LP to operate properly). However, when it comes to destroying the BoS with the Institute, LP is already fully assembled with its fuel (I forget the name of it) already loaded. None of this made any sense to me, especially as you're the only person who could have had access to the Institute to find Dr Li in the first place.
Am I missing something?

There's a lot of plot holes in the writing. The Institute also
manages to power their reactor even if you betray them to the Brotherhood.

This really bothered me. When you're siding with a faction, it's made to seem as if they would not be able to succeed without you. Yet when you side with someone else, the opposing faction is considerably stronger without you.

It also bothered me that during Battle for
Bunker Hill
, the Brotherhood shows up regardless of whether you tell them or not.

Desmond

Got this for Christmas. Really enjoying it so far.

Is it just me or is the game a lot more unforgiving at lower levels than 3 or NV?

Ye, my pip-boy says to talk to Dr. Carrington however he just asks if I need medical attention (Triangle does nothing).

I did see that bug on a google search but mine seems absent.

Hm.... Do you have a save point before that point? Have you slept or waited for a set amount of time?

I know that many on GAF have said that reloading a older save can be great but you have to make up for the lost progress :(

That's all I can think of sadly. Sorry dude :(

xCobalt

So shortly after I got Danse's companion perk, (late game spoilers)
a ventibird was patrolling the area near Sanctuary Hills and decided to attack Danse. The entire settlement open fired on the ventibird and brought it down pretty quickly. It crashed inside the town and two knights survived. There was a rather long firefight but they were able to take down the knights. I just watched from the sidelines and picked up a bunch of power armor parts afterwards.
Probably the most entertaining moment in the game for me so far.

Ah, so it's just down to bad writing. Thank you.

This really bothered me. When you're siding with a faction, it's made to seem as if they would not be able to succeed without you. Yet when you side with someone else, the opposing faction is considerably stronger without you.

It also bothered me that during Battle for
Bunker Hill
, the Brotherhood shows up regardless of whether you tell them or not.
Haha. That quest is such a mess. Everyone is fighting each other, yet you can just waltz in there without a single shot being fired at you.

Another thing I found pretty humourous is that the
BoS keep banging on about their air superiority being the key to winning, yet you can roam the commonwealth and witness an untold amount of vertibirds being blown out of the sky by simple groups of raiders.

Have you updated to the last patch? I hope not for your sake cause I think you got a known bug that usually the last patch fixes (it did for me and many others but I have heard a few people it did not). I'm guessing you can even tell the invisible border you cross over that causes it to crash? (also, it will crash basically if you try to go into a certain area so it doesn't matter if you come from the south or north, you'll not be able to reach anything in that area). It's basically the cambridge area (though some people had different areas it happened but Cambridge is the most common one). I think you can still do the quest you're doing, you're just going to have to walk around the area rather than through. But you will eventually need to go in it for the main quest (I'm actually at that point).

If you have the patch and it's still doing this, I'd probably find a way to let Bethesda support know cause they might think it's fixed since most people had it fixed, and the more people they hear from that say it hasn't been the more chance they'll not just consider it done already.

If you don't have the latest patch, go download it because it most likely will fix your problem.

Ok thanks, I'll download the patch and see what happens.

N° 2048

So like a few tophies away from the Platinum. This would be my first Platinum ever too.

Missing two Bobble Heads and the BoS quest trophies. I'll get the BoS ones on my Melee/Pistol/Stealth build :)

Just beat the game for the first time.

80 hours and I sided w/ the railroad.

This was my first Fallout game and while I was sort of overwhelmed I think it was more to do with the fact that I haven't played a game with this scale in a long time. There was just so much to do. Early on I was obsessed with building out my village and then that gave way to trying to do every possible quest line. I believe I have enough save files where I can go back and do the other endings at some point, I"ll probably wait for the DLC to hit though, I think I should take a break for now and try out some other games.

As I said with it being my first Fallout game I really enjoyed it. I definitly thought there were some shortcomings though. I thought the overall arcs were a little...I don't know if this is the right word, but shallow? I think this is a common complaint in the story and larger quest arcs that I've read but I see it. The dialog system in the game felt very A->B->C->D, as in there wasn't any wandering from the path. It didn't detract enough from the experience though and I enjoyed my 80 hours with it.

On Demand

Banned
As you level up, progress in the game, and go further south and east, you will find more pre-modded weapons and vendors selling pre-modded weapons. Remember that even if you lack the ability to create mods, you can remove mods from existing weapons and install them on others. So, for example, if you find a 10mm that has the magazine you want, you can take it off and put it on the one you have with the good grip and receiver.

Also, some vendors carry unique gear with fixed legendary affixes on them and legendary enemies will drop gear with random legendary affixes.

How exactly do you do this? I only see an option to scrap weapons, not remove parts.

evangd007

How exactly do you do this? I only see an option to scrap weapons, not remove parts.

When you build another mod on that weapon, the previously attached mod appears in your inventory. Feel free to put those into your settlement's storage, it's connected to the workbenches in that settlement.

I'm stuck trying to finish a mission. Can't remember the name but you find a robot that is a mobile brewery. You have a choice of taking it to a hotel or keeping it for yourself.

I kept it and sent it to Spectacle Island. It arrived and is serving cold beers etc but the mission never completed. What do I need to do?

I'm stuck trying to finish a mission. Can't remember the name but you find a robot that is a mobile brewery. You have a choice of taking it to a hotel or keeping it for yourself.

I kept it and sent it to Spectacle Island. It arrived and is serving cold beers etc but the mission never completed. What do I need to do?

As far as I know, if you decide to keep it the mission never completes. They may patch it in the future, but for now you're stuck with the quest staying open until you send it to Goodneighbor.

Here's another, safer way to cancel a Supply Line/Trade Route (starts at 4:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmuIS6wnFo&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd&index=4

I tried that before. Doesn't work for me. I'm not sure it is even supposed to work. Provisioners make continuous trip back and forth. What happens is they return right from settlement border. They don't stop to rest in any settlement. If they do, I'm sure you will have to go through multiple wait/fast travel/reload to have them appear in your settlement.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
As far as I know, if you decide to keep it the mission never completes. They may patch it in the future, but for now you're stuck with the quest staying open until you send it to Goodneighbor.
as for the ice cold beer and cola, you can still use the robot as a refrigerator if sent to Goodneighbor.

SeanR1221

So what armor do most of you guys rock?

I still haven't found a better combo besides the vault suit and various pieces of left/right arm/leg and chest combos.

v0mitg0d

How the hell do I break the rubble for the Castle quest to reach the armory ?...the quest points me to the stupid workbench and the whole building menu things and there is nothing there to make explosives...I tried grenades,molotovs,mines I have on me instead but that doesnt seem to work,so I just left and kept on doing the fun things.

OMG the Old Guns mission! I ran around for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to progress that darn mission. I made a little walkthrough here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvvOveaCY4&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd&index=7

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef

I still haven't found a better combo besides the vault suit and various pieces of left/right arm/leg and chest combos.
Silver Shroud Armor and Hat, with sunglasses. Just found another Smoking, will try that out with the Deliverer for a couple hours.

VATS/stealth, of course.

Army or Military Fatigues
Armored Trilby Hat
Destroyers Chest Piece - reduces damage from humans by 15%
Heavy or Medium Legendary Leather Left Armguard - reduces damage from super mutants by 15%
Same for the Right Armguard - reduces damage from synths or robots by 15%
Heavy or Medium Legendary Leather Leg Guards - reduces damage from animals by 15%
Heavy or Medium Legendary Metal Right Guards - increases movement speed by 10%
Black-Rimmed Glasses

Almost total defense but I can't for the life of me find better armor now that do have Legendary Mods attached. Don't want to risk losing them for better defenses. I also do like to play Fashion Fallout but there's not much in terms of Armor. Clothing, sure but not many armor look good. Heavy Leather does look awesome though.

Weapons - Rockville Slugger, another Legendary Baseball Bat that does more damage with more hits on the same target, and a Explosive Auto Shotty aptly named "BF3" in honor of the USAS-12 Frag Rounds in Battlefield 3 lmao.

Watevaman

I rocked military fatigues with a ballistic weave and a bunch of AP refresh armor pieces for pretty much all of the main story. Now that I'm just messing around post main quest, I'm rocking Maxson's battlecoat with a ballistic weave and a ushanka. It's less armor than my previous but it cuts down on inventory and looks cooler.

PBalfredo

I've been going back to Sanctuary and dumping my junk on the ground to enter the build mode and scrape them for components. But now I'm at a workbench at Red Rocket and I have zero screws or oil, which I know I've been salvaging. What am I doing wrong? Does it not work like that? Am I actually suppose to just carry dozens of table fans and gas cans everywhere I go? Is there a way to disable emcomberance on PS4?

Top Bottom