• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

MG310

Things are getting extra buggy in my post-main story world on PS4.

I had Red Rocket up to 22 people and 91 happiness. Left it alone for a while and came back and my 54 food dropped to 0. All of the settlers had detached from their assignments and were standing in a big clump in the middle of town and the happiness level dropped to 78.

Also became unable to fire with R2 at one point. No matter what save I loaded up, it fixed itself after exiting/restarting the game.

Several Miscellaneous missions can't be completed now either - the objective markers still point at the NPC but I can only say hi to them with no response. The NPC for the mission in Covenant won't spawn after finishing the main story either apparently.

Is there an easy way to find your damn companions? I have no idea where I sent them.

Are you on PC or Console? you can just use console commands on the PC version. On console you'll just have to find them the old fashioned way. Companions walk to the settlement you send them to, so it may take a couple of in game days for them to show up. Also heard Hancock is glitched and becomes vulnerable out on the Road and can permanently die.

BizzyBum

Has anyone heard about quick saving crashing the game on PC?

Seems to be my issue. Was playing fine for an hour and as soon as I quick saved my game crashed to desktop. I'll try turning off all saves except manual regular saving and see if it works.

Not being able to save anymore would be a pretty big issue. lol

edit: well nm, game crashing without prompting a save. I've had nothing but issues since their 1.02 patch. I mean, I can't even play the game anymore really I crash so much. I dunno what to do, just gonna have to stop playing until a new patch rolls around and hope it fixes it for me.

Building my Power Armor army. :D I wonder how many I can collect before I finish the game.

DslsdHN.png

To the dude who couldn't find his companions, I always send mine to the same settlement. I made one settlement (Graygarden) my home base where I keep everything. Works for me.

Pastry

Banned
Got the game for Christmas and having a lot of fun with it, only about 5 hours in so far. The whole perk systems seems a bit daunting though lol

Got the game for Christmas and having a lot of fun with it, only about 5 hours in so far. The whole perk systems seems a bit daunting though lol

yeah, I'm at lvl70 but still would need at least another 70 points to get all perks I want. Definitely need to make another char with a totally different build.

Replicant

So I was answering the usual "Help Defend Your Settlement" call as per usual when I suddenly greeted with arrays of laser attack the minute I fast traveled onto the destination. It turns out the settlement was attacked by the Synths, which surprised me a bit because I never had one attacked by Synths before. It was always Super Mutants or Raiders.

After I wasted them all, I surveyed the damage, hoping there wasn't any of my settlers. Unfortunately there was one....until I noticed this:

No, I'm not talking about the half-nekkid guy. I don't know how he got there since all my Settlers are decked to the ninth with protection gears. I'm talking about the dead one on the floor.

WTF GAF?! There are skinjobs in our midst? They took our jerbs and pretended to be us? God damn it, this changes the entire game. Before the fear was all just boogey tales for me. But now, the Institute just gave me a reason to not like them.

So I was answering the usual "Help Defend Your Settlement" call as per usual when I suddenly greeted with arrays of laser attack the minute I fast traveled onto the destination. It turns out the settlement was attacked by the Synths, which surprised me a bit because I never had one attacked by Synths before. It was always Super Mutants or Raiders.

After I wasted them all, I surveyed the damage, hoping there wasn't any of my settlers. Unfortunately there was one....until I noticed this:

No, I'm not talking about the half-nekkid guy. I don't know how he got there since all my Settlers are decked to the ninth with protection gears. I'm talking about the dead one on the floor.

WTF GAF?! There are skinjobs in our midst? They took our jerbs and pretended to be us? God damn it, this changes the entire game. Before the fear was all just boogey tales for me. But now, the Institute just gave me a reason to not like them.

I once was in some place and there were like 3 friendly Mr.Handys and two cats. Suddenly a group of Synths came in and killed all Mr.Handys. I had no problem with that, they also didn't attack me.
But then I saw it:
THEY ALSO KILLED THE CATS!!!!!!!!!!

Went berserk on them. Fuck the Insitute, will be a pleasure to kill them all.

I wasn't aware that settlers could actually be kidnapped. One of my guards in Sanctuary ran up to me saying some raiders kidnapped her friend for ransom, I refused to pay so I set out to save her.( luckily it sent me to the raider base that completes the Tower Tom storyline)

Once I find her, it turns out that it was my other main guard from Sanctuary. Needless to say, she was demoted and is spending the rest of her days harvesting Mutfruit.

BizzyBum

When the game crashes to desktop, is there a crash log that gets created in the Fallout folder or somewhere in Windows that I can post and maybe someone can pinpoint what's wrong?

Replicant

I once was in some place and there were like 3 friendly Mr.Handys and two cats. Suddenly a group of Synths came in and killed all Mr.Handys. I had no problem with that, they also didn't attack me.
But then I saw it:
THEY ALSO KILLED THE CATS!!!!!!!!!!

Went berserk on them. Fuck the Insitute, will be a pleasure to kill them all.

Yikes. That's just evil. I actually fear for the safety of the cats in Abernathy Farm everytime I go there. Also, I have 3 dogs (including Dogmeat) in Sanctuary. The Institute Synths better not touch them:

I wasn't aware that settlers could actually be kidnapped. One of my guards in Sanctuary ran up to me saying some raiders kidnapped her friend for ransom, I refused to pay so I set out to save her.( luckily it sent me to the raider base that completes the Tower Tom storyline)

Once I find her, it turns out that it was my other main guard from Sanctuary. Needless to say, she was demoted and is spending the rest of her days harvesting Mutfruit.

Wait until they kidnapped someone else from the same Settlement. You'll LOVE it. :p

AEREC

Nice. Good to know. I joined the brotherhood and just stumbled on the railroad.

If anyone has that guide I'd appreciate it :)

There is a brotherhood quest where as soon as you talk to Capt. Kells to start it, it automatically turns the Railroad hostile without any warning. Cant remember the name of it but it was called "Tatical" something. Just make sure to make a hard save before talking to a quest giver.

bjork

So yesterday I had a late Railroad quest bug out.
Tinker Tom is fixing a vertibird on the roof of the police station, and I'm supposed to defend it. So I do that, and then it says to talk to Deacon. Where is Deacon? The icon points to the door on the roof, so I hop out of the vertibird and go to the door, but it doesn't activate. Instead, I can walk through it and into the little enclosure, but no Deacon.

So I guess my best course of action is reload an earlier point and see if it happens again, right?

I didn't pick romance option with Preston after finishing his quests. I didn't get any notification of him not approving my action or anything when I picked one of the other options. I'm sure this is a glitch and I'll never get his perk. He has become such a butthurt asshole that now he just gives radiant quest when I'm walking past him and not even talking to him. I sent him to Hangman's Alley alone. Have fun!!!

At level 27. Got Ballistic Weave armor mod. Time to add some serious protection for me and Piper. I also have enough perks and caps to expand my settlement beyond necessary. Gonna spend time to build farms (for adhesives) and bigger shops. Will need more settlers too.

Since last few missions, Old Faithful has been my main weapon. Does double damage when enemy is at full health which makes first shot with 175+ damage. One of legendary enemy dropped Assassin's 10 mm. I'm not using it so will give it to Piper. She should become lot more useful companion with Ballistic Weaved added to her red leather trench coat and newboy cap equipped with infinite ammo legendary weapon.

Rainy

Banned
So yesterday I had a late Railroad quest bug out.
Tinker Tom is fixing a vertibird on the roof of the police station, and I'm supposed to defend it. So I do that, and then it says to talk to Deacon. Where is Deacon? The icon points to the door on the roof, so I hop out of the vertibird and go to the door, but it doesn't activate. Instead, I can walk through it and into the little enclosure, but no Deacon.

So I guess my best course of action is reload an earlier point and see if it happens again, right?
He should be near the Town Square area, around the place you met Tinker Tom. At least that's where I found him.

Replicant

I didn't pick romance option with Preston after finishing his quests. I didn't get any notification of him not approving my action or anything when I picked one of the other options. I'm sure this is a glitch and I'll never get his perk. He has become such a butthurt asshole that now he just gives radiant quest when I'm walking past him and not even talking to him. I sent him to Hangman's Alley alone. Have fun!!!

Huh? Preston got personal quest? I didn't know. I got his perk way before his quest materialises. All I did was a couple of those settlement quests with him then I was busy hammering and making settlement in Warwick's farm and other places. That was apparently enough for him to idolize my character and I got his perk. I didn't even romance him. So I dumped him back at the Castle.

AEREC

Do all companions have a quest... so far Nick is the only one that's really had an objective. But I've really only gotten perks from Nick, Piper and Deacon so far.

Huh? Preston got personal quest? I didn't know. I got his perk way before his quest materialises. All I did was a couple of those settlement quests with him then I was busy hammering and making settlement in Warwick's farm and other places. That was apparently enough for him to idolize my character and I got his perk. I didn't even romance him. So I dumped him back at the Castle.

I meant big quests given by him like taking back the castle, big guns etc which are unique.

Do all companions have a quest... so far Nick is the only one that's really had an objective. But I've really only gotten perks from Nick, Piper and Deacon so far.

Piper doesn't have any big quest. Unless you count answering few questions as a quest. The first one in which she is available as companion.

Replicant

I meant big quests given by him like taking back the castle, big guns etc which are unique.

Ah, I see. It takes a couple more of the game's hours before he gives you his perk after The Castle quest. Just build something with him around until he 'idolizes' you. Then he'll want to talk about how meeting you have saved his life. Same with MacReady and a few others. It takes a few hours post their mission to get their perk.

In other note, Settlers at Warwick's Farm:

Settlers: "We show those raiders that we're not easy pickings!"
SS: "......actually, it's the turrets that shredded the raiders."

Trogdor1123

Are you on PC or Console? you can just use console commands on the PC version. On console you'll just have to find them the old fashioned way. Companions walk to the settlement you send them to, so it may take a couple of in game days for them to show up. Also heard Hancock is glitched and becomes vulnerable out on the Road and can permanently die.

Console, trying to find dog meat. Cant seem to find him anymore. Didn't know lone wandered wasn't impacted by his presence. Found some dog armour too.

duder92

Neo Member
Not sure if I've ever enjoyed a game so much that I really didnt like....if that makes any sense.

I've sunk tons of hours, think I have discovered every location on the map, done every quest, etc.....but really just didnt have that much "fun" with it.

I love the discovery aspect, but was so disappointed that 9 times out of 10, those discoveries didnt lead to anything particularly memorable.

It felt like F3, NV, and Skyrim just had much more memorable side quests and interesting story chunks to discover from random exploration.

Honestly that is the main reason to play bethesda games for me, because the writing and gameplay have been far outpaced by other developers.

Also wasnt a big fan of the Boston setting, just boring.

I kept playing with the hopes that there was something I was missing, but sadly I was not.

I still love being in the fallout world and just walking across the world for new areas, the payoff in this one was pretty shitty to be honest.

Decent game, but I would put it in a distant last place in Bethesda's lineup.

Garuda1One

So should i hard save before mass fusion ?

im still on underground undercover quest from the railroad, and im thinking of doing banished from the institute after doing mass fusion so i can keep the railroad story going..

BizzyBum

I love the discovery aspect, but was so disappointed that 9 times out of 10, those discoveries didnt lead to anything particularly memorable.

I think my biggest gripe with this aspect is that every safe I loot has exactly the same shit in it. Makes looting these things boring since I know what's going to be in them every time.

.308 Round (10)
10mm Round (17)
Fragmentation Grenade
Pipe Pistol
Pre-War Money (12)
Silver Locket

I think my biggest gripe with this aspect is that every safe I loot has exactly the same shit in it. Makes looting these things boring since I know what's going to be in them every time.

.308 Round (10)
10mm Round (17)
Fragmentation Grenade
Pipe Pistol
Pre-War Money (12)
Silver Locket
Yeah I was expecting a sort of Borderlands situation where some safes would contain some nice weapons. I kind of understand given how common they are, but it seems like even master safes should give something better,

BizzyBum

Yeah I was expecting a sort of Borderlands situation where some safes would contain some nice weapons. I kind of understand given how common they are, but it seems like even master safes should give something better,

A unique loot mod will be one of the first mods I install.

mug

I think there's something wrong with my game save for PS4 version - weapons other than melee do no damage in the open world. When I'm in a closed environment like a building everything is normal. This has been going on for a little while now and does not change or return to normal after restarting the machine.

I think there's something wrong with my game save for PS4 version - weapons other than melee do no damage in the open world. When I'm in a closed environment like a building everything is normal. This has been going on for a little while now and does not change or return to normal after restarting the machine.

Have you tried older saves? or re-installing the game data?

On Demand

Banned
Your last line is basically a spoiler too. Now i know somebody dies during that quest.

People need to start putting spoilers on quest names too and stop mentioning how far you are in the game.

Your last line is basically a spoiler too. Now i know somebody dies during that quest.

People need to start putting spoilers on quest names too and stop mentioning how far you are in the game.

Apparently this doesn't go with out saying, if you're that sensitive to spoilers STAY OUT OF THE GODDAMNED THREAD

BizzyBum

stan I have you beat, just hit the glowing sea at the 190 hour mark and damn this place is cool. I had no idea there would be so many locations here.

edit: seems like a great place to earn XP, too.

Seriously, at this point the game's been out for nearly two months. We've had plenty of spoilered discussions in this thread. If you still don't want to get spoiled, stay off the internet entirely.

Stan_marsh made an emotional post about how a situation in the game's story reminded him of something he experienced in real life, and he hid it behind spoiler tags. That's no reason to go "OMFG SPOILERS", like at all.

Fallout 4's story made me cry, too, but just because of how much the ending disappointed me.

On Demand

Banned
Apparently this doesn't go with out saying, if you're that sensitive to spoilers STAY OUT OF THE GODDAMNED THREAD

You want me to stay out of an OT discussion for a game because of spoilers when there's an actual thread for spoilers? I think you have it backwards.

But you know what you're right, people seem to casually spoil little game play details so maybe i should stay out.

I still think i shouldn't have to do that though.

Umm you guys relax. I don't even know what happens. I haven't got past Mass Fusion lol

So, On Demand, you're fine.

Don't worry about it. It's cool.

You didn't have to edit your post.

SeanR1221

So when you piss off other factions, what's the idea here. Which ones can you be in good standing with while the others hate you.

Like I know there's a point where you choose between the brotherhood and railroad. What else?

stan I have you beat, just hit the glowing sea at the 190 hour mark and damn this place is cool. I had no idea there would be so many locations here.

edit: seems like a great place to earn XP, too.

This is gonna be the dumbest question ever, but how do you see how many hours you have in? PS4.

I casually looked awhile ago and couldn't find anything.

I have like 4 or 5 small achievements to go before this baby is 100%.

Top Bottom