• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

UraMallas

Is the Fallout 3 download available on Xbox One yet? I just got a digital copy of FO4 for Xmas and want to make sure i get the free copy of FO3.

Faenix1

Phew, that was tense. I didn't expected to get attacked right away (SPOILER for "The Devil's Due" / Museum of Witchcraft):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2iiKQdi9E&list=PLzzZJsRYlIJZbjXSVusDW1PJv-EnPIsAE&index=5

Of course. But shotgun is slow to reload (even after the ultimate upgrade) and usually only has 2 shots per round. Without the extra strength, big monster like Deathclaw can really fuck you up quickly (2 swipes in the case of Savage Deathclaw seen above). That's why as of late I'm not too fond of shotguns to dispose big guys, even though mine has about 109+ damage points per shot. Guns with quick reload, good bullet sprays, and many VATS points like a rifle would have done the job a lot faster and quicker.

Combat Shotgun.
Screw that double barrel nonsense.

This had me cracking up last night.
strongcantldjpy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6y9-apk8M

Is the Fallout 3 download available on Xbox One yet? I just got a digital copy of FO4 for Xmas and want to make sure i get the free copy of FO3.

It's been available since day 3, I think, when backwards compatibility came out.

I'd enter the code on Xbox.com, though, not on the Xbone. Dunno if it works there.

SeanR1221

The game finally felt like it clicked today. I stumbled across a densely populated area full of raiders, ammo and lots of fun stuff.

Replicant

Lol, I've done that with dogmeat. Stupid mutt!

Btw, has anybody gotten that bipod sniper from the loading screen yet?

I saw that GIF with Preston tripping the Mission Impossible mines. So when I took Hancock there, I told him to stop mimicking Captain Jack Sparrow and stay still while I dismantle the mines. Success!

RedRum

Banned
So in my infinite idiocy, I just saw the Fallout 3 code in my game box.

I'm not going to use it. Would anyone like the XBO code?

Also, is there an online manual for the game?

Mahonay

Banned
Been doing a lot of fine tuning at my main base in Sanctuary since I've discovered most of the rest of the map now. Level 69 now. Think I'm pretty much done with Fallout 4 for now.

The Future of The Commonwealth, Vault Boy Seth Rollins, in the living room reflecting on past adventures.
4obWzrz.jpg

AEREC

Silver Shroud gets my vote for best quest in an RPG...well second best next to Bloody Baron from Witcher 3.

Playing on survival and was even able to
get shinji to attack me first and off'd him with 3 criticals (banked) and had my mysterious stranger take out his body guard

johnsmith

remember me
Like? The only thing I haven't seen is that deathclaw melee weapon.

Armor with wolverine like claws on the arms, or armor with pockets on the legs. Look at any of the characters wearing vault suits and you'll see stuff you can't actually get.

Armor with wolverine like claws on the arms, or armor with pockets on the legs. Look at any of the characters wearing vault suits and you'll see stuff you can't actually get.

I've looted metal (or was it heavy raider armor?) armor that does have that claw thingy. The pockets, I haven't seen.

I think the load screens show most stuff that we can acquire except for armor with pockets besides fatigues and the bipod sniper.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so am i an idiot or is there no way of knowing what direction sounds are coming from in this game? when you're in a shootout you can see where the enemies are as those red dots, but sometimes when i hear gunshots and other sounds in the wilderness i have no idea where they are coming from, and sometimes i don't even have a clue where i am being attacked from.

so am i an idiot or is there no way of knowing what direction sounds are coming from in this game? when you're in a shootout you can see where the enemies are as those red dots, but sometimes when i hear gunshots and other sounds in the wilderness i have no idea where they are coming from, and sometimes i don't even have a clue where i am being attacked from.
Try headphones maybe?

I've looted metal (or was it heavy raider armor?) armor that does have that claw thingy. The pockets, I haven't seen.

I think the load screens show most stuff that we can acquire except for armor with pockets besides fatigues and the bipod sniper.

Pockets can be made at the armour work bench. I have a leg and arm with pockets to help my foraging.

SeanR1221

Dumb question

Does your weapon damage increase as you level up, or as you level up do you find better weapons/can make more powerful weapons, or is it both?

Basically what I'm asking is if I can stick with the guns I use now, or do I have to keep making newer versions.

Jezbollah

Dumb question

Does your weapon damage increase as you level up, or as you level up do you find better weapons/can make more powerful weapons, or is it both?

Basically what I'm asking is if I can stick with the guns I use now, or do I have to keep making newer versions.

Both. Your weapons damage will may up as your own stats go up as you level, but the damage also is reflected when you put stats into your Perk tree (ie when you improve your weapons via perks like gun nut, or damage via gunslinger/commando etc)

SeanR1221

Both. Your weapons damage will may up as your own stats go up as you level, but the damage also is reflected when you put stats into your Perk tree (ie when you improve your weapons via perks like gun nut, or damage via gunslinger/commando etc)

Cool, I figured it was this way, because I've seen some built weapons with waaaaay high stats than mine and were using the same mods (I'm only level 20)

N° 2048

Uhh guys I don't think weapons scale to level, only finding them.

It's based on perks & SPECIAL

The 10 DMG pistol I found at Level 5 still does the same DMG at Level 46. (only boosted because my SPECIAL & perks)

Difference on melee weapons = perks, magazines, certain attire, and STR stat differences.
Difference on ranged weapons is the same, but PER instead of STR.

In other words, the damage stat value difference you're seeing between the same loot is solely based upon the value of modifiers for it, not level-based disparity.

SeanR1221

Uhh guys I don't think weapons scale to level, only finding them.

It's based on perks & SPECIAL

The 10 DMG pistol I found at Level 5 still does the same DMG at Level 46. (only boosted because my SPECIAL & perks)

So I'd basically have to pull the mods off one of my pistols if I find a higher damage one and stick them on the new one.

So I'd basically have to pull the mods off one of my pistols if I find a higher damage one and stick them on the new one.

that's what I did from the start of the game for some weapons. Though technically you won't find normal weapons of the same type with higher damage/stats as they just differ on the mods they have.
It's really neat actually, you screen loot for weapons that have better mods which you can't build yourself and put them on your current weapon, slowly maxing it out. Best to name it something you find easy in your inventory as you can keep such a weapon for a long time.

Even better, once you get a legendary version of that weapon you just pull all mods off your old one and put them on the legendary.

Same with armor.

MrDwels

Neo Member
No I don't think so. In my experience, stats on guns go up when you upgrade the associated perks. E.G. when I upgraded the semi auto pistol perk, all my existing modded weapons had improved stats. Then when I crafted weapons for my companions that were identical to my own, the stats were the same, regardless of my higher gun nut perk.

N° 2048

No I don't think so. In my experience, stats on guns go up when you upgrade the associated perks. E.G. when I upgraded the semi auto pistol perk, all my existing modded weapons had improved stats. Then when I crafted weapons for my companions that were identical to my own, the stats were the same, regardless of my higher gun nut perk.

Bouncing off this post just to clear things up if anyone is new to the game:

Rifleman is for non-auto rifles.
Gunslinger is for non-auto pistols.
Commando is for all automatic weapons.
Heavy Gunner is for heavy weapons.

Bouncing off this post just to clear things up if anyone is new to the game:

Rifleman is for non-auto rifles.
Gunslinger is for non-auto pistols.
Commando is for all automatic weapons.
Heavy Gunner is for heavy weapons.

I already got Rifleman and Gunslinger at 5/5. I'm thinking about getting Commande as well but I'm at 0/5. I'm already at lvl70 so 5 perk points is actually a lot. But I really want to try some automatic weapons as well. Already got more than enough ammo. Hm I don't know what to do.

SeanR1221

that's what I did from the start of the game for some weapons. Though technically you won't find normal weapons of the same type with higher damage/stats as they just differ on the mods they have.
It's really neat actually, you screen loot for weapons that have better mods which you can't build yourself and put them on your current weapon, slowly maxing it out. Best to name it something you find easy in your inventory as you can keep such a weapon for a long time.

Even better, once you get a legendary version of that weapon you just pull all mods off your old one and put them on the legendary.

Same with armor.
But what I mean is, someone posted a pipe pistol configuration that does 90 something damage. Looking over the mods I don't see anything that can even get it close to that. So I'm assuming he was a high level AND maxed out the handgun skill tree?

But what I mean is, someone posted a pipe pistol configuration that does 90 something damage. Looking over the mods I don't see anything that can even get it close to that. So I'm assuming he was a high level AND maxed out the handgun skill tree?

Only the handgun skill tree has influence on it. The level does not
Does anybody know if the Mister Sandman silencer damage does get virtually added to your damage display or not? I'm not sure about that.

N° 2048

Most likely it's his perks or he found it already at high DMG.
The higher level you are the better weapons you can find, I believe.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Yea the sound is seemingly weird in this game and I have the same issue on PS4, my headset works great in every other game I've played recently for sound direction, but for the life of me I can't tell what is where in this half the time. I don't know if it is because it is pushing certain sounds out the centre channel or something, for instance I can never tell where dogmeat is when he barks, and I'll hear a ghoul and have to turn in a circle to find where it is coming from because it doesn't seem to come from any certain direction half the time.

This game is so fantastic. I activated a Legendary Protectron who decided to trip a mine or something that caused him to cripple both legs and removed one arm. So he's crawling around on the ground with one arm. Then I hacked him and now have this crawling robot following me wherever I go. :D

N° 2048

Yea the sound is seemingly weird in this game and I have the same issue on PS4, my headset works great in every other game I've played recently for sound direction, but for the life of me I can't tell what is where in this half the time. I don't know if it is because it is pushing certain sounds out the centre channel or something, for instance I can never tell where dogmeat is when he barks, and I'll hear a ghoul and have to turn in a circle to find where it is coming from because it doesn't seem to come from any certain direction half the time.

Turn off VSS (Virtual Surround Sound) if you're using the Sony Wireless Gold headset (it's a physical button on the headset)

It's on by default and it sucks for Fallout 4 (since Fallout 4 uses it's own surround sound processing it seems).

VSS is geat for racing games though...and GTA 5.

gosox333

how the shit do I get the mercenary trophy? It's the one that you get after completing 50 misc objectives. I've done every single one I've had thrown at me and still am only at 35

Do I just keep defending settlements and checkpoints? Kinda grindy, am I missing something?

Hey guys, so my Fallout 3 code I got from Xbox live still won't work at all. Must be because I bought Fallout 4 from a different region and 360 games are region locked. Tired using the same region, the website, my 360 and no joy.

Any ideas?

John Dunbar

correct about everything

i've had a ton of problems with dogmeat as well. i'd get the message "dogmeat found an enemy" or i hear him barking, but i have no fucking clue where he is.

how the shit do I get the mercenary trophy? It's the one that you get after completing 50 misc objectives. I've done every single one I've had thrown at me and still am only at 35

Do I just keep defending settlements and checkpoints? Kinda grindy, am I missing something?

You can cheese it if you have access to signal grenades for the vertibirds

I've got that trophy a long time ago and I never defended a settlement. There is more then enough stuff to do, just look around.

burgerdog

Guys, a super mutant suicider blew up next to me and now my game looks radioactive. Reloading the game, sleeping, using a buff isn't getting rid of the effect. Is there a 100% method of making my game looking normal again without losing hours of progress?

Mahonay

Banned
Guys, a super mutant suicider blew up next to me and now my game looks radioactive. Reloading the game, sleeping, using a buff isn't getting rid of the effect. Is there a 100% method of making my game looking normal again without losing hours of progress?
Did you try to load earlier auto saves? Also you need to quicksave/make secondary saves more often.

I had the same problem, but it was the red tint you get when the Assaultbots shoot their lasers. Only thing that fixed it was loading a save before it happened.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Does 10mm ammo ever become more common? I got a lovely Never-Ending 10mm Pistol, into which I swapped all the mods I had on my previous 10mm, but of course eliminating the need to reload just encourages me to eat up bullets too fast.

N° 2048

Guys just hit the Glowing Sea for the first time (144 hours in, level 48) and

holy-sht.gif

So glad I got the Jet Pack mod first too.

Top Bottom