• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Desmond

I read somewhere that I can seek purified water from my settlement, how do I go about doing this?

EDIT: Damn only noticed the typo now. Should be "sell"

N° 2048

]blacky[;191103552 said:
Question for the quest after "Hunter Hunted",
"The Molecular Level."

Do I have to give the
Courser Chip
to
Desdemona
or are there any other solutions?

And after that:
I heard that I have to choose a faction to built the "device" and that a lot of questlines will disappear after that.
As I will not start a second walkthrough, what should I do, before I choose a faction? And what faction should I choose?

I was confused at this part too. This choice will not lock you out of any quest lines. Trust me, I tried it twice after saving and choose Minutemen and Railroad to
build the teleporter
but that didn't affect anything.

Save just in case though. Please, for the love of God. SAVE SAVE SAVE in Fallout :p

I was confused at this part too. This choice will not lock you out of any quest lines. Trust me, I tried it twice after saving and choose Minutemen and Railroad to
build the teleporter
but that didn't affect anything.

Save just in case though. Please, for the love of God. SAVE SAVE SAVE in Fallout :p

Yes. I had so many saves. I deleted all the saves that I had made and left only the ones that are before important fraction decisions.
But by accident I also deleted my last save after the end. Lost the last 2-3hrs of the game by that. But that doesn't matter, I won't contiune with that character anyways.
If I will play the DLCs I will start a new char. Level 82 is way too high to do the DLCs I guess, would be too easy then.

So which of the endings the best do you think?

its either the brotherhood or the institute at this point. I am assuming that past the transporter mission I can't side with the Minutemen.

Hm.... Do you have a save point before that point? Have you slept or waited for a set amount of time?

I know that many on GAF have said that reloading a older save can be great but you have to make up for the lost progress :(

That's all I can think of sadly. Sorry dude :(
Hilariously I've been sitting on this one for at least three weeks. I have few other bugs too (Fort Strong won't read as cleared,Maxson won't continue otherwise)

Hi folks,

Wondering if you can give me some advice. I'm aiming for the platinum trophy, as I have 90% so might as well go for the rest.

The problem is, everything that is left is a total grind. I need another 15 locked terminals, another 15 (I think) misc objectives and the settlement up to 100%.

For the last one, i'm planning on saving until the end and using a guide. I'm annoyed to find I was one bed short after a new settler arrived and it knocked happiness down 30%(!!) but meh.

Can anyone offer advice for the remaining misc objectives, and especially the bloody terminals? Any locations with plenty to unlock? I've completed 80 quests (more than that if you count the alternate save where I did the brotherhood and institute endings) and it's become a bit 'needle in a haystack'.

Hi folks,

Wondering if you can give me some advice. I'm aiming for the platinum trophy, as I have 90% so might as well go for the rest.

The problem is, everything that is left is a total grind. I need another 15 locked terminals, another 15 (I think) misc objectives and the settlement up to 100%.

For the last one, i'm planning on saving until the end and using a guide. I'm annoyed to find I was one bed short after a new settler arrived and it knocked happiness down 30%(!!) but meh.

Can anyone offer advice for the remaining misc objectives, and especially the bloody terminals? Any locations with plenty to unlock? I've completed 80 quests (more than that if you count the alternate save where I did the brotherhood and institute endings) and it's become a bit 'needle in a haystack'.

Hm I wonder how. I got the terminals and the misc objects pretty early on in the game.
For the 100 settlement do it like this
https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutset...out_4_benevolent_leader_trophy_fast_and_easy/
And after the happiness goes up sleep for 47hrs. Should work fine then.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is this game a really slow starter plot wise or is there really not much in terms of the main storyline besides the shawn thing?

been a bit of a snoozer trying to help out this minute man clear out areas so far.

illusionary

Hi folks,

For misc objectives, if you're allied with the Railroad or BoS, buy up all of the Vertibird Signal Grenades from the faction's merchant and use these to call a Vertibird. When it arrives, you'll get a misc objective to board it (you can get straight off again). You can repeat this as needed (though fast travel once or twice between using each grenade or the Vertibird may not arrive). It's slow, but should work. The merchants will restock about every 48 hours.

For terminals, try the buildings in the Downtown Boston area.

For misc objectives, if you're allied with the Railroad or BoS, buy up all of the Vertibird Signal Grenades from the faction's merchant and use these to call a Vertibird. When it arrives, you'll get a misc objective to board it (you can get straight off again). You can repeat this as needed (though fast travel once or twice between using each grenade or the Vertibird may not arrive). It's slow, but should work. The merchants will restock about every 48 hours.

For terminals, try the buildings in the Downtown Boston area.

Thanks to both of you for the tips. I'm aligned with the Railroad, so got the vertibird grenades on the go. I'll have a terminal hunt tomorrow.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so do some legendary weapons just completely break the game? i have a fully modded combat shotgun that does bleed damage, and it just blasts away pretty much everything. ran into a legendary alpha deathclaw and the thing didn't even know what hit it.

i understand there are also miniguns that do bleed damage with every shot. not sure is there anything in the game that could take more than a second or two of that.

N° 2048

so do some legendary weapons just completely break the game? i have a fully modded combat shotgun that does bleed damage, and it just blasts away pretty much everything. ran into a legendary alpha deathclaw and the thing didn't even know what hit it.

i understand there are also miniguns that do bleed damage with every shot. not sure is there anything in the game that could take more than a second or two of that.

Some yea pretty much and the Gauss Rifle lol 441+ DMG for me. Not even the legendary gauss rifle too

do you have heavy gunner perk?

Replicant

where did dogmeat disappear? i sent him to red rocket diner after the fort hagen quest, but i can't find him. he's also not at sanctuary.

also, the minigun in this game is nothing but trash. goddamn pellet gun.

He's stuck on the front porch of Fort Hagen. You need to get him manually (by ditching other companion first or travel there by yourself and ask him to follow you). Then you can fast travel together with him back to his intended destination.

I noticed this because he wasn't going anywhere if you dismissed him in favor of Nick. So I told Nick to go back to Sanctuary and Dogmeat and I went after Kellogg. Even then it was hard to coax him to move at first. I had to use the "Go here" commands a few times before he'd follow me.

I hope this isn't too many images. I'm just really happy with the way this location turned out.

I'm spending way too much time building settlements. Using the expanded settlements mod that removes size limit and also another settlements mod that gives you more items. I discovered that I love planting big ass trees in my settlements. It completely changed the marina location in my opinion. All those trees you see are ones that I planted. I kind of want to go back to previous settlements and redo them now that I have this mod. Anyways, I loved this location so much that I decided to make it my new home base and move everyone here as well as all of my gear. I surrounded the place in junk fences. Two choke points for fighting off raiders (not counting the water entrances). I'm really happy with it. I didn't initially set out to do all of this. I first started just treating it like any other settlement but once I got close to running out of size, I said screw it and just started putting everything I wanted in it after removing the size limit. I probably would have made either another building or make the one I made larger since I currently only have 24 beds there. I initially had the building going over the water from the far right pier to the far left pier and over the restaurant area. That probably would have worked better but I like the view that this one has created. I have a bunch of items in inventory that I would love to add to shelves and stuff to make it look more lived in. But I probably wont' since it would take too much time. There's a mod that gives you the option to make any item stationary so that it can't be knocked over or anything. The only thing that I don't like about this location is that one building has two knocked over shelves on the floor that make the building pretty much unusable. They should have let us be able to delete those. I ended up putting a gate on the open end of the building and one of those guard posts as well as a couple of turrets inside. It would have been useful to use as another room for beds or something.

Stuff that is new from the mod are the two vehicles and two motorcycles, trees, the beds, the caravan tent with brahmin feeder (which they do use), concrete food planters, restaurant booths, and various containers (ammo box, military bag, and a few other pieces).

pWGiF49.jpg
1iiIoBk.jpg
IIoCEwI.jpg
jJfNREN.jpg
dFpv558.jpg
NawE8B5.jpg
3aw5JKn.jpg
Q2RbqU1.jpg
EJwK3o0.jpg
M4UjCs8.jpg
PV1m9zk.jpg
sMbSg5k.jpg
s70HIeN.jpg
pXeUNE8.jpg

And a picture of Dogmeat and Junkyard for good measure. :D

More images at the link: http://imgur.com/a/Fjr3p

aly

This is probably strange, but I really wish that Nick
was able to be romanced or
. He's easily my favorite companion.

Replicant

Naw. Probably the worst looking aaa title for me this year. it doesn't help that it doesn't run well either and the fov in first person mode can be nauseating too.

To be fair though, this game is able to render, my humongous Tower of Babel (and other settlements) on top of other things it has to generally show. I think the engine took into accounts the kind of buildings crazy people like myself make and calculate its basic performance and that is why most things look.....well.....basic. I don't think it looks that bad. It's just not as flashy as other games from this gen.

I believe all or most of the damaging mods stack and makes them broken. Bleed is especially broken with how much damage it can output.

Some essential Legendary effects:

Explosive - many have mentioned this but let me repeat it again, get the Demolition perk. It will make your splash damage even more damaging.

Two Shot/Way - shoots an additional projectile. Stacks with all perks. Very and highly valuable.

Instigating - does double the damage if the enemy is at full health. Great for stealth builds.

Staggering - increased chances to stagger an enemy with every hit. Great for Miniguns and Flamers.

Furious - increased damage with each consecutive hit. Great for melee builds along with Instigating.

elguero

Spent two hours trying to figure out how to correctly build the
equipment you need to get inside the Institute
. I don't know how you guys build these grandiose settlements. The UI is clunky as hell and working around NPCs is such a pain. I wasn't building the pieces in the correct order and couldn't figure out how to get everything flowing on the same power grid. Ughhh.

Replicant

Explosive - many have mentioned this but let me repeat it again, get the Demolition perk. It will make your splash damage even more damaging.

Yesss!! I will add this to my Explosive Sniper Rifle. I call it "Shut Up and Explode!" - I'm referring to those annoying, self-righteous but ultimately dumbasses Super Mutants.

Spent two hours trying to figure out how to correctly build the
equipment you need to get inside the Institute
. I don't know how you guys build these grandiose settlements. The UI is clunky as hell and working around NPCs is such a pain. I wasn't building the pieces in the correct order and couldn't figure out how to get everything flowing on the same power grid. Ughhh.

I admit it wasn't easy. In fact, yesterday I had this "Tower of Babel" regret as in halfway through I realised I'm way over my head trying to build this. But thankfully, I finished it. There was a point, however, when I thought "This is crazy. I'm on suspended platform that is not supported by anything else....trying to install conductors and lamps. Oh God, I'm gonna fall and I'm gonna die".

Roussow

Yo, this Minutemen quest, Defend the
Castle
is fucking absurd.
There literally has to be hundreds of enemies involved, god damn, I was almost through it, when I realized that my power armor was so damaged it had literally been destroyed -- I didn't even know that was possible. Seriously though, I maxed out my gun building powers, with science and gun nut perks, how is every enemy I come across such a bullet sponge, did I fuck up and not get a specific perk that makes gun damage dramatically stronger? If so should I (and even can I) respec for something else? At level 48 here, and I feel fucking powerless, despite how dope my weapons are.

Also really disappointed in the Jet Pack for the power armor, it really adds nothing.

Replicant

Castle
is fucking absurd.
There literally has to be hundreds of enemies involved, god damn, I was almost through it, when I realized that my power armor was so damaged it had literally been destroyed -- I didn't even know that was possible. Seriously though, I maxed out my gun building powers, with science and gun nut perks, how is every enemy I come across such a bullet sponge, did I fuck up and not get a specific perk that makes gun damage dramatically stronger? If so should I (and even can I) respec for something else? At level 48 here, and I feel fucking powerless, despite how dope my weapons are.

Also really disappointed in the Jet Pack for the power armor, it really adds nothing.

Level 48? I'm level 68 and I just finished Old Guns. Try using VATS maybe?

I find Jet Pack is only useful to avoid sudden suicidal super mutants. Other than that, you barely flying.

JoeNut

Ah i like the jetpack for just getting around, not that great in combat but still good fun.

I've restarted with luck and agility, really feeling the difference with regards to how much i use VATS now, my 1st playthrough i could only do 1 or 2 shots, now i can do 6-8, and with the luck perk which refills your AP points quite often, i'm practically Neo.

Some yea pretty much and the Gauss Rifle lol 441+ DMG for me. Not even the legendary gauss rifle too

do you have heavy gunner perk?

I've got a legendary Gauss Rifle that does 2x crit. damage and fills up the crit. bar faster.
And I got the perk that crits do 2.5x extra damage
Got the perk that I can save up 3 crits
Got a silencer on my Gauss rifle so Stealth attacks do 5.9x damage

Soooo you can guess that doing a stealth crit attack pretty much 1-shot kills every enemy in the game

Garuda1One

story spoiler warning

im trying to get all 4 endings here, i hard saved at
mass fuison
and already did minuteman and railroad ending before. so i load my game at that point to try finishing with other faction..
but first, let me get this straight...

if i didnt
build that teleporter thing with BOS (did it with railroad), and didnt gave the holotape to BOS (gave it to railroad)..

even though i finished
mass fusion by alerting the BOS

i still cannot continue BOS story ? as in getting BOS ending..

so i have to load my game all the way back to
institutionized
?

God Damn..

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This perhaps is more appropriate for the performance thread, but as this seems more active I post it here.

Anyway, I decided to try and take a few screenshots yesterday. As a few probably know, my system (GPU mainly) isn't really fit for this, so I have to run it under the Microsoft Basic Render Driver by disabling my GPU (the game won't run at all if I don't disable it). In 1920x1080 performance is about 1-2 FPS. That's fine for screenshot purposes, but I would still like to optimize by disabling certain specularity. I posted these two screens in the 2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises:

As you can see, the characters appear very shiny and if made of some kind of plastic. The heavy specularity is triggered by the variable teofis. Wouldn't it be for teofis also controlling antialiasing (natively anyway), I'd disable it. Does anyone know what can be done about this, I'd like PCs and NPCs to be fully matte?

The jetpack is really useful in stunning every enemy, yes, even a Deathclaw. Good for being lazy and building settlements too.

As for player defenses on higher levels.... I wouldn't recommend it tbh. Total offense will save your ass plenty of times imo. As for that specific mission.... I farmed for hours to arm my settlers with great weapons thus allowing me to not do much and just watch like, 5 of my settlers, wreck havoc on the enemies.

Edit: so you guys know that broken down locked door that was photoshopped in Fallout 3? I found a similar situation tonight in the BADTFL Regional Office.....

Replicant

I wonder what DLC they'll come up with. I noticed that the map has been gated but there are actually areas outside of the ones currently accessible.

Here it is, untouched:

Fallout%204_20160104185656_zpswuo4nr5y.jpg

In this case, you can obviously jump over it via Power Suit Jetpack but for real Bethesda? You have two broken down windows besides the door lol

Desmond

Was gonna see if I could give three used fusion cores to get into Vault 81, but after upgraded to level three of the fusion code perk, they are ejected. Didn't realise I had no grenades equipped, so pressing R1 just threw my current fusion core out lol

Doc_Drop

Aah, satisfaction. Completed story keeping everyone happy and peaceful.

Castle
is fucking absurd.

Yeh, that was surprisingly hard. The
invisible coursers
were relentless. Two shot or explosive versions of weapons are ideal. Also,
coursers/synths
are much easier to take down with explosive ballistic damage, I started with my plasma and gauss but quickly realised how much extra damage I was doing with my explosive shotty. Just watch out for friendly fire as your mates will turn on you quick

Replicant

Care to share? And was your path similar to this one:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190497080&postcount=773

I've gone up to "Old Guns" atm and kind of hesitant to move forward, fearing I'll make the wrong move.

In other note,
Lukowski's Meat Cannery
mission....
Ew x 3. I hate RADs and ghouls so I feel dirty and unclean during that mission. There aren't enough RadAway to bathe in them after that mission. Ew again.

Doc_Drop

Care to share? And was your path similar to this one:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190497080&postcount=773

I've gone up to "Old Guns" atm and kind of hesitant to move forward, fearing I'll make the wrong move.

In other note,
Lukowski's Meat Cannery
mission....
Ew x 3. I hate RADs and ghouls so I feel dirty and unclean during that mission. There aren't enough RadAway to bathe in them after that mission. Ew again.

It was a combination of the one you laid out and the one linked from the YouTube video posted. I'll admit there were problems getting certain railroad missions started so I abandoned them in the end. So I now have a happy Railroad
(but didn't save as many synths as they would have liked)
, a generally happy Brotherhood
(But Elder Maxson won't speak to me anymore)
, with no faction in-fighting. All the radiant quests are still open and I'm now free to get back to bopping around and expanding my empire. It's essentially bouncing between missions and holding off on specifics in order to not trigger missions that pit the factions against each other.

The cannery is one of the first places I'm heading to next as I missed it in my first playthroughs

Re: Old Guns -
Basically don't go back to the castle until you have done a load of quests for railroad, side quests at least. As long as you keep them happy you're golden. Just make sure that when you get the relay plans that you go via minutemen - unfortunately I didn't quite play my cards right regarding the railroad and minutemen team-up which was annoying but certainly didn't ruin any relationship with the railroad

Roussow

Yeh, that was surprisingly hard. The
invisible coursers
were relentless. Two shot or explosive versions of weapons are ideal. Also,
coursers/synths
are much easier to take down with explosive ballistic damage, I started with my plasma and gauss but quickly realised how much extra damage I was doing with my explosive shotty. Just watch out for friendly fire as your mates will turn on you quick

I had a Laser Rifle that did 50%
more to robots, so hit up synths with that
[enemy type spoiler], and mostly just abused the Deliverer pistol's almost infinite VAT's power to take out the
coursers
[enemy type spoiler], then saving my crits for my Guass Rifle. I ended up underground, where you had to take out the big sentry robot for the earlier quest, taking about 3 to 5 enemies down there at a time, it was one hell of a war of attrition. Although, unfortunately that was the quest that by completing it, I failed the
rebuild Liberty Prime quest
[late game faction quest spoiler], which while I didn't particularly like the
Brotherhood
[faction spoiler], it seemed way more interesting. it's actually pretty fucked, I had to talk to Preston, and I couldn't do so until completing that quest. There's so many variables post the Battle of
Bunker Hill
[quest name spoiler], I'm going to have to track down my save point before that quest, if I want to see everything (short of multiple playthroughs).

Doc_Drop

There's so many variables post the Battle of
Bunker Hill
[quest name spoiler], I'm going to have to track down my save point before that quest, if I want to see everything (short of multiple playthroughs).

Going through with
the minutemen
meant I didn't even have to do the
battle of bunker hill
. In fact, I thought the
minutemen assault on the institute
to be wholly more interesting than anyone else's version as well

Roussow

Going through with
the minutemen
meant I didn't even have to do the
battle of bunker hill
. In fact, I thought the
minutemen assault on the institute
to be wholly more interesting than anyone else's version as well

Late main story spoilers (but not the ending)
So I was aligned with the Railroad, however after I spared the synths at the battle of bunker hill, I went back to Father (Shaun) and essentially told him to fuck off, at that point I was out of the Institute, I failed the quest on the inside, trying to spare the synths, then I went back to Desdemona and she told me I was out of luck, and should just go ask the Minutemen for help, I haven't finished the game, I assume I'm now technically with both the Railroad and the Minutemen? The Brotherhood doesn't outright hate me, I don't think? But they're probably about to. I ended up telling the brotherhood about bunker hill, too. It was a really weird set piece, 3 factions that I still was pretty much in the good books with, all fighting one another, while I was pretty much non-hostile to any of them.

Replicant

Re: Old Guns -
Basically don't go back to the castle until you have done a load of quests for railroad, side quests at least. As long as you keep them happy you're golden. Just make sure that when you get the relay plans that you go via minutemen - unfortunately I didn't quite play my cards right regarding the railroad and minutemen team-up which was annoying but certainly didn't ruin any relationship with the railroad

So should I not do
Old Guns before doing some Railroad missions? Because that YouTube video keep saying not to start any of Railroad quests until I finished some
Minutemen and Main Story mission. They said that only make sure that I don't start doing Form Ranks and Defend the Castle before finishing the main story.

I think I'm just going to postpone building more crazy settlements until after some experimentation with the plot. I'm at a point now where I have great bulidings and collection of power suit so I can just dive into the plot. There's nothing worse than building awesome stuff and then having to erase them due to plot shenanigans.

Is there supposed to be such a lack for ammo early on?

I'm around level 20 right now, and I am constantly running low on ammo for my two pistols, shotgun, and assault rifle.

I've gone to Merchants to buy more, but ammo costs a lot of caps right now.

It feels like I'm picking up ammo all the time, but I guess it's not the ammo for the guns I use.

Is there supposed to be such a lack for ammo early on?

I'm around level 20 right now, and I am constantly running low on ammo for my two pistols, shotgun, and assault rifle.

I've gone to Merchants to buy more, but ammo costs a lot of caps right now.

It feels like I'm picking up ammo all the time, but I guess it's not the ammo for the guns I use.
Yeah I also ran out of ammo for some guns early in the game. Wasn't a problem at all later on though. Got more than enough now. Only bought a little bit of ammo for some weapons like the gauss rifle

GavinUK86

is there a list somewhere of faction quests? everytime i do one i'm hoping i'm not pissing off another. anyone know how to trigger companion quests? i can't seem to get danse to trigger his.

BizzyBum

I'll ask again. Is anyone else getting ridiculously long load times on PS4?
Sometimes it feels like up to two minutes!

Usually long load times means the save file is starting to get too large. Is there a way to clear out the PS4 system cache? Or maybe it's just an issue PS4 gets (I'm on PC).

Top Bottom