• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

v0mitg0d

I've been going back to Sanctuary and dumping my junk on the ground to enter the build mode and scrape them for components. But now I'm at a workbench at Red Rocket and I have zero screws or oil, which I know I've been salvaging. What am I doing wrong? Does it not work like that? Am I actually suppose to just carry dozens of table fans and gas cans everywhere I go? Is there a way to disable emcomberance on PS4?

You have to link your settlements by setting up Supply Lines so they can share resources. Guide here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmuIS6wnFo&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd&index=4

Also, basic Workshop guide here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEYty7x6BME&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd&index=1

This is absolute fucking nonsense. I need to boot my Xbox in offline mode to load my FO4 save. Otherwise it's stuck in "syncing data" hell. Fix your shit, Microsoft.

This is absolute fucking nonsense. I need to boot my Xbox in offline mode to load my FO4 save. Otherwise it's stuck in "syncing data" hell. Fix your shit, Microsoft.

Does it tell you it's unable to sync, or just get stuck? I've had the former issue a few times before. You in the NXOE beta program?

In any case, try this. Fixed it for me.

Go to settings, then network and go to offline mode
Restart console via snap menu
Sign out of any profiles (if instant sign-in is on)
Go to settings, then network and go back to online mode
Open a game
Let the game force you to sign in to your profile
Should be all fixed, enjoy

Sooooo, wheres the fuckin creation kit Bethesda?

They said 'Early 2016', it's January 2. Maybe let them come back from their holidays first? :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
ugh...hated it in the witcher and hate it here. so much stuff to pick up and alot of it seems useless. i don't remember picking up all this shit in fo3 but playing that game was a long ass time ago.

the weight thing too...maybe wrpgs aren't for me anymore lol

ugh...hated it in the witcher and hate it here. so much stuff to pick up and alot of it seems useless. i don't remember picking up all this shit in fo3 but playing that game was a long ass time ago.

Fallout 3 had a lot of useless clutter. In Fallout 4, you can use it all to build and craft. If you don't do that, you can just leave it.

Vex_

Banned

Yea. Just leave dat shit, man. Unless you build shit.

....you don't stack shit, do you?

Desmond

Got Piper as a companion and just stumbled upon Swan's Pond. Contemplating heading to Spectacle Island.

So much fun. Makes me want to go back and play the DLC for New Vegas (never played it), but I fear for the PS3 version running at any acceptable standard. lol

theapg

So what armor do most of you guys rock?

I still haven't found a better combo besides the vault suit and various pieces of left/right arm/leg and chest combos.

If you do some quests with
the railroad
you can get an armor upgrade called
ballistic weave
which when you combine with the army fatigues gives you an amazing set that you can wear under your various armor parts.

N° 2048

the railroad
ballistic weave
which when you combine with the army fatigues gives you an amazing set that you can wear under your various armor parts.

Yea man rocking that upgraded Baseball Outfit under my Armor :D

Redd

What's a fast way to max affinity with Strong without being evil and killing civilians or eating people? Strong is getting on my nerves because I can't pick locks when we're traveling.

What's a fast way to max affinity with Strong without being evil and killing civilians or eating people? Strong is getting on my nerves because I can't pick locks when we're traveling.

I think it's good if you are going into the glowing sea and just kill big monsters a lot.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Fallout 3 had a lot of useless clutter. In Fallout 4, you can use it all to build and craft. If you don't do that, you can just leave it.

Yea. Just leave dat shit, man. Unless you build shit.

....you don't stack shit, do you?

Ah good to know. I'm still early game. I dunno if I'm going to bother with crafting or settlements at all. Usually not my thing in these games. That being said wont I potentially miss some items by not looting buildings and bodies?

Just find it annoying that when you loot bodies their body parts are part of it. Started not paying attention after awhile and I had a bunch of arms and legs to dump lol

koji kabuto

I saw a youtube video on building using the "TCL" command and now I cant turn it off!
also I made sure that i'm not selecting anything
any idea how I can fix that?

Edit: i found a way to fix it, i used fast travel and redo it again and now it back to normal. just in case someone run into the same issue you can just use fast travel and that will fix it for you :)

Alright the Benevolent Leader Trophy seems to be possible but damn it takes a long time. I'm at 88 now (started at 60 and I'm already bored). After that I'm done with the game (for now at least)

Finished the main Quest yesterday. Did the other fraction endings today.
Other than that I did everything.
I found 324 places and can't find new ones
Did 149 Quests and got no new ones (2 that are bugged that I can't complete though)
Played for 125hrs
Am at level 82
Nothing more to do

All in all: Loved it. Better than Fallout 3 I think. Some major improvements, some things that have become worse.
Great game

What are your ideas for the DLCs? Any thoughts on what it will be on, where will it be set. I don't think there are many hints in the game so everything is possible I guess.

Alright the Benevolent Leader Trophy seems to be possible but damn it takes a long time. I'm at 88 now (started at 60 and I'm already bored). After that I'm done with the game (for now at least)

I managed to speed through it when I redid the trophy on an alt account. I had 4 guys only all working level 3 clinics and used supply lines for the food and water. That got things started. Then I did some experimenting with sleeping and looking when the happiness goes up. In the end I found that if you go to bed and sleep for 47 hrs right after happiness moves it will go up again within a minute or so of standing around and you can just repeat that. I went from high 80s to 100 in around 10-15 mins to finish up once I worked it out.

I also discovered that you can generally force a happiness jump to start that off by sleeping around into the 5-6am time slot and waiting for your workers to wake up and go to work. I had it jump 2 times on exactly 7am and often between 6:30 and 7am when the workers wandered over to their clinics.

I managed to speed through it when I redid the trophy on an alt account. I had 4 guys only all working level 3 clinics and used supply lines for the food and water. That got things started. Then I did some experimenting with sleeping and looking when the happiness goes up. In the end I found that if you go to bed and sleep for 47 hrs right after happiness moves it will go up again within a minute or so of standing around and you can just repeat that. I went from high 80s to 100 in around 10-15 mins to finish up once I worked it out.

I also discovered that you can generally force a happiness jump to start that off by sleeping around into the 5-6am time slot and waiting for your workers to wake up and go to work. I had it jump 2 times on exactly 7am and often between 6:30 and 7am when the workers wandered over to their clinics.

Ok I'll experiment with sleeping a little. Otherwise this will take forever.
Also some Supermutants just attacked while afk. They didn't do much damage, just broke a generator. But still the Arrow is pointing down now. Fuck this and fuck everything, what a shitty trophy

And it's still going down even though everything is still the same setup. Fuck this Shit

EDIT: The clinics took some damage, after repairing them the arrow is up again. Still lost some progress now.

GravyButt

Asking for a buddy since ive never done it in game. But he stole from diamond city (or his bro did ) and now they keep attacking. Is he forever screwed?
For some reason his last save was 2 hours ago.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I've been slow in unlocking settlements, but got around to Coastal Cottage just now. Place is terrible. Shattered but unscrappable houses, one with a huge crater in the bottom. Unscrappable trees all over the place. Just all around pretty ugly with nearly unusable existing buildings. A shame too, after having finally gotten around to taking the castle.

Without wanting to spoil myself, could someone tell me if it is possible to have settlements if I leave the minutemen? Can I even leave the minutemen? Preston annoys the shit out of me.

Also, where can I find my dog? I know he is in Sanctuary, but he won't come when I ring the bell I made. How can I find him?

Without wanting to spoil myself, could someone tell me if it is possible to have settlements if I leave the minutemen? Can I even leave the minutemen? Preston annoys the shit out of me.

Also, where can I find my dog? I know he is in Sanctuary, but he won't come when I ring the bell I made. How can I find him?

You can get settlements without the minutemen. But you get most of them through minutemen quests I think.

I don't know if you can "leave" them, I didn't try.

You can get most of the settlement quests just by showing up at farms and talking to people. As for Preston just ignore him and don't hand in any quests you have. Just finish em up to the point it says talk to him then don't. They will autocomplete over time anyway.

Dogmeat is most likely in one of the kennels. I think there are 3 of them so have a look around in the gardens.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
You can get most of the settlement quests just by showing up at farms and talking to people. As for Preston just ignore him and don't hand in any quests you have. Just finish em up to the point it says talk to him then don't. They will autocomplete over time anyway.

Dogmeat is most likely in one of the kennels. I think there are 3 of them so have a look around in the gardens.

You can also turn in the quests, and as soon as you get your XP and he inevitably says he has something else for you, run away.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
where did dogmeat disappear? i sent him to red rocket diner after the fort hagen quest, but i can't find him. he's also not at sanctuary.

also, the minigun in this game is nothing but trash. goddamn pellet gun.

SeanR1221

the railroad
ballistic weave

Nice! Gonna have to do this.

dan2026

The load times are really dragging this down for me.

I swear some are over a minute. Its unpatched Bloodborne levels of bad.

MG310

December 23rd, 2288.

I watched the happiness at the Drive In finally roll over to 100 and got the Platinum trophy :D

This town has 18 tier 3 clinics in it and looks ridiculous.

Mattiator

Just about to start for the first time :)
I haven't read too much because I don't want to spoil anything.
I was just wondering if it is worth it to put points into charisma or luck.
Thanks for any responses!

You can also turn in the quests, and as soon as you get your XP and he inevitably says he has something else for you, run away.

Depending on your timing and run away situation that can be deadly. :)

I wanted to get rid of settlement quests from my active log without the wait. So I went there, talked to him, started to turn around and run the moment I saw XP awarded, got stuck in and couldn't run. Bam! three more annoying quests. Turns out it was from previous times when he couldn't give them to me.

Idiot Savant perk in Luck really helps for leveling early in the game. Before turning in quest for final step, save the game. If you don't get XP bonus, reload and try again.

Also, early in the game, when you go to your first big area Diamond City, you can get Piper as your companion. Once she likes you enough, you will get permanent perk Gift of Gab which gives more XP whenever you discover new location. You will be discovering lots of locataions for a while.

Main advantage of Charisma is better pricing for bartering.

johnsmith

remember me

Yes to both. Charisma for settlements, better prices, and companion perks. Luck for combat, loot, and xp gain.

Mattiator

Yes to both. Charisma for settlements, better prices, and companion perks. Luck for combat, loot, and xp gain.

Awesome thanks for the quick response :)
I'm having so much trouble because I want story dialogue options and good leveling but also hoping to use handguns and be more stealth like. Decisions decisions lol!

RedAssedApe

Banned
The head bobbing is bugging me a lot more than other games. Combined with the fov on ps4 I guess. Wish they'd patch in an option to turn it off.

illusionary

where did dogmeat disappear? i sent him to red rocket diner after the fort hagen quest, but i can't find him. he's also not at sanctuary.

also, the minigun in this game is nothing but trash. goddamn pellet gun.
Try building a bell at the settlement and ringing it - I'm not sure whether it works for Dogmeat, but other settlement inhabitants should gather around it.

Majestad

Banned
Is there any way to see how advanced in a relationship you are? For Cait
I just got finished the vault mission and gotbher clean
. Is there any reason to stick to her after that?

Replicant

Is there any way to see how advanced in a relationship you are? For Cait
I just got finished the vault mission and gotbher clean
. Is there any reason to stick to her after that?

Have you got her perk? If so, ditch her. If not, keep pumping her for perk, platonically of course.

Vex_

Banned
Unless you don't have the lock picking perk. Cait is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav companion is Cutie. Dat accent.

Unless you don't have the lock picking perk. Cait is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav companion is Cutie. Dat accent.

You mean Curie right (but Cutie also seems fitting). She's also my favorite.
Most of the perks are not that good though. Only Nick, Deacon, Danse are worth it I think. Also McCready if it wouldn't be bugged and would break the game by making it super easy.

Man I thought I would be done with this game now. But I feel a strong need to make a new character hnnngh

Vex_

Banned
You mean Curie right (but Cutie also seems fitting). She's also my favorite.
Most of the perks are not that good though. Only Nick, Deacon, Danse are worth it I think. Also McCready if it wouldn't be bugged and would break the game by making it super easy.

Man I thought I would be done with this game now. But I feel a strong need to make a new character hnnngh

WELL WHY DONT YA SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE! JEEZ!

DUH! I MEANT "HER" BUT I TRIED TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM SPOILERS!!!!!!!!one11EXCLAMATION!

In case you didn't realize: I am kidding with the yelling. I am NOT kidding about the spoilers tho. Lol.

Alpende

WELL WHY DONT YA SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE! JEEZ!

DUH! I MEANT "HER" BUT I TRIED TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM SPOILERS!!!!!!!!one11EXCLAMATION!

In case you didn't realize: I am kidding with the yelling. I am NOT kidding about the spoilers tho. Lol.

Curie's voice sounds like a girl's voice tbh.

Dunkelgrau

Question for the quest after "Hunter Hunted",
"The Molecular Level."

Do I have to give the
Courser Chip
to
Desdemona
or are there any other solutions?

And after that:
I heard that I have to choose a faction to built the "device" and that a lot of questlines will disappear after that.
As I will not start a second walkthrough, what should I do, before I choose a faction? And what faction should I choose?

Top Bottom