• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

johnsmith

remember me
Question:

Reading the latest Kotaku aricle on the 5 stages of video game disappointment, I realized that I haven't heard ANYTHING from ANYONE about the lack of mod support for Fallout 4 that was "promised" to xbox one (and maybe PS4) owners.

Wasn't that announced during the E3 reveal? Didn't it come from Todd Howard himself?

Does anybody have any info in this?

The GECK (mod kit) hasn't even been released yet, so technically the PC version doesn't have mod support either.

This was the YouTube video that explains it:

https://youtu.be/OUFEeYdQnVc

I made a guide for myself since I couldn't visualised how the video should be followed. Feel free to use them if they help you:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=190497080

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=191378060
Oh, but you're still enemies with
The Institute
. Got it. Yeah, knew about that. Thought you'd figured out some magical way to end the game still a member of every faction.

Thanks for the guide, though. I think I'll just play the DLC at my save point!

Replicant

Oh, but you're still enemies with
The Institute
. Got it. Yeah, knew about that. Thought you'd figured out some magical way to end the game still a member of every faction.

Ah sorry, I didn't see all four factions. Yeah, I don't think that's possible. The story already established
The Institute
as the Commonwealth's Boogeyman. It's also obvious from the trophy list that it'll always be one or the other. A
Nuclear Option OR Nuclear Family
ending.

JoeNut

So I'm not sure how you're supposed to get to spectacle island...am I the only one who wore power armour and walked on the seabed the whole way there from the castle? Lol

Replicant

So I'm not sure how you're supposed to get to spectacle island...am I the only one who wore power armour and walked on the seabed the whole way there from the castle? Lol

I swam from Warwick's Farm. You're not in danger until you get to the island itself and
start up the generator

Ehehehehehe.....

My question is how can I get a supply line there? I don't have the heart to send some poor settler and his cow swimming all the way from Warwick to there. I mean, I got rid most of the problems but you never know what lurks beneath.....

Watevaman

I swam from Warwick's Farm. You're not in danger until you get to the island itself and
start up the generator

Ehehehehehe.....

My question is how can I get a supply line there? I don't have the heart to send some poor settler and his cow swimming all the way from Warwick to there. I mean, I got rid most of the problems but you never know what lurks beneath.....

Send a robot or a ghoul so they don't die from the radiation in the water is what I heard.

Also, y'all should invest in the perk that makes it so you don't take radiation damage from water.

Ok I have a problem that I can't figure out. I had been playing Fallout 4 for over 200 hours with very few issues. I was probably running about 10-15 mods. Nothing major. Most of them were little 1kb size mods. Anyways, no issues. So the other day I was on nexus and decided to add several more mods. Instead of adding them one at a time, I added a bunch all at once. When i went to load the game, it would ctd after I selected a save to load. Even saves further back that were working before. So I figured the mods I added fucked something up. I did the Steam verify install and the problem persisted. I disabled some (and then all) the mods but nothing worked. So I decided to delete the game and re-download. So now I've got the game downloaded again. No mods installed. And yet, my saves still won't load. I select a save, it gives me the warning that previous stuff is no longer in the game and I select ok. The loading screen comes up and a few seconds later I get a ctd. So what gives? Because I have tried saves that previously worked for me. But now all of a sudden they don't. I have around 400 saves in my save folder because I saved a lot. I tried saves I used right before I pickpocketed something because I knew those saves were used before and loaded just fine. Do I need to install the same very specific mods that I had before to get these saves to work? Or maybe I just need to make the previous ini edits again? I not sure what to do. I'm copying my install folder again so I won't have to download again if something fucks up. Advice?

Desmond

Just be doing the caps glitch with Honest Dan, have 26000 at the moment.

How much should I have to get what's required for 100% happiness in a settlement quickly?

50,000? 100,000? lol

How much should I have to get what's required for 100% happiness in a settlement quickly?

50,000? 100,000? lol

9000, plus mats to build turrets, boxes, beds, and mutfruit. Here's the Reddit link to the method (more or less) that I used. Again, it took a long ass time. Once I got everything set up and the settlers there and assigned I just went into build mode to see the Happiness in real time and waited for the number to increase -> slept for 24 hours -> build mode and wait for Happiness number to increase -> sleep for 24 hours, etc... The time waiting for it to increase grew greatly the higher the Happiness got, to the point that at 87 happiness I just left my guy there, turned off the TV and went to bed. If what I saw was correct, it took something like 4.5 hours of him just hanging out there (in real time) for it to crawl from 87 to 100 Happiness. Still, I now have that trophy and can completely not care about settlements anymore and focus on the quests, so that's a load off.

[LINK TO THE REDDIT POST]

Desmond

9000, plus mats to build turrets, boxes, beds, and mutfruit. Here's the Reddit link to the method (more or less) that I used. Again, it took a long ass time. Once I got everything set up and the settlers there and assigned I just went into build mode to see the Happiness in real time and waited for the number to increase -> slept for 24 hours -> build mode and wait for Happiness number to increase -> sleep for 24 hours, etc... The time waiting for it to increase grew greatly the higher the Happiness got, to the point that at 87 happiness I just left my guy there, turned off the TV and went to bed. If what I saw was correct, it took something like 4.5 hours of him just hanging out there (in real time) for it to crawl from 87 to 100 Happiness. Still, I now have that trophy and can completely not care about settlements anymore and focus on the quests, so that's a load off.

[LINK TO THE REDDIT POST]
Thanks for the link. I'll give this plan a go tomorrow.

Replicant

Send a robot or a ghoul so they don't die from the radiation in the water is what I heard.

Also, y'all should invest in the perk that makes it so you don't take radiation damage from water.

I'm not worried about my character. He can swim freely without the fear or RADs. He also has 6 x Mysterious Serum which he hasn't used. I'm worried about the provisioner's and the cow's health. I guess you're right, I can send a robot but what about the cow that carries the load?

BizzyBum

Ok I have a problem that I can't figure out. I had been playing Fallout 4 for over 200 hours with very few issues. I was probably running about 10-15 mods. Nothing major. Most of them were little 1kb size mods. Anyways, no issues. So the other day I was on nexus and decided to add several more mods. Instead of adding them one at a time, I added a bunch all at once. When i went to load the game, it would ctd after I selected a save to load. Even saves further back that were working before. So I figured the mods I added fucked something up. I did the Steam verify install and the problem persisted. I disabled some (and then all) the mods but nothing worked. So I decided to delete the game and re-download. So now I've got the game downloaded again. No mods installed. And yet, my saves still won't load. I select a save, it gives me the warning that previous stuff is no longer in the game and I select ok. The loading screen comes up and a few seconds later I get a ctd. So what gives? Because I have tried saves that previously worked for me. But now all of a sudden they don't. I have around 400 saves in my save folder because I saved a lot. I tried saves I used right before I pickpocketed something because I knew those saves were used before and loaded just fine. Do I need to install the same very specific mods that I had before to get these saves to work? Or maybe I just need to make the previous ini edits again? I not sure what to do. I'm copying my install folder again so I won't have to download again if something fucks up. Advice?

Like you said I would try installing the same mods you had before it crashed and see if that works.

Thanks for the link. I'll give this plan a go tomorrow.

It's easier than that. You don't need any food or water as long as you have extra at another settlement and have a supply line in place.

The real trick is though to watch for the happiness to go up and then sleep for 47 hours.
Rinse and repeat. You can finish the trophy in under 1 hour that way and you can probably force the 1st happiness jump by sleeping around into the 5-6am window and waiting from there to 7am. If that doesn't jump start it do it again into the next day. That worked for me to get a 1st jump but the real key is the 47 hour sleeps right after it goes up as that causes it to go up again shortly after and so on and so on.

Found this on Reddit
Some guy found out how to give Fallout 4, Borderlands graphics

psXFcwB.jpg

Ie83Mba.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3zrsv0/fallout_4_with_borderlandsstyle_cell_shading/cyoqbkm

Just a note on the 100% happiness thing. I just redid it in 90 mins with 1 settler, 1 clinic, no food, no water, 2 beds and 1 turret. It only took that long because I got stuck on 85% for over 20 mins by not sleeping soon enough. You really need to wait around next to the bed and not wander off like I did. It also takes longer with 1 guy as the happiness jumps are smaller.

50,000? 100,000? lol

There is a super easy guide to get the trophy/cheevo. I'm at work right now but you should be able to google it as Red Rocket settlement or something.

Basically have one settler at Red Rocket with one turret, one sleeping bag and one bar. You need to build a ton of crates to bump the settlement up to a large (orange bar) one, just break down the trees around the place. Then put 20 water and 20 food in the workbench (make sure to remember some food is only worth 0.5, aside from mutfruit).

Then just wander off and do your thing waiting for it to rise. Can't change that part sadly!

Hehe... I just got Benevolent Leader trophy. Funny thing is I wasn't even trying. In fact I'm not trying to get any trophy at all. It just popped out of nowhere. I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't read about it frequently in this thread.

My settlement stats:

Only one developed settlement (Sanctuary Hills) and around 10-11 linked via supply lines.

Current caps: ~13000-14000
Happiness: 81
Pop: 20
Bed: 42 (in preparation of max possible population of 41 using all charisma boosting + 1 extra)
Food: 54 (for adhesives)
Water: 280 (for caps)
Defense: 420 (turrets only. tons of them).
Power: 55
Settlement size: show up as yellow color. close to limit I guess.
Shops: 7 (4 emporiums, 1 bar, 1 drink stand, 1 restaurant)
New buildings: one large community shelter, one open warehouse like area for workbenches.

Overall it seems trophies are easy in Fallout 4. You will get most of them as you play along.

Like you said I would try installing the same mods you had before it crashed and see if that works.

Yo, it worked. Kind of surprised it did. I was for sure that it was fucked. I was even able to add most of the new mods that I wanted before too. I didn't try some of the more complex ones

For anyone having trouble with choppiness on the main menu and any time you go to save/load try clearing out your save folder. Just back them up to a different folder and only leave the most recent that you need. Made a huge difference for me because mine was lagging and shit every time I tried to save.

Has anyone tried the seasons mod, specifically the Fall one? It looks gorgeous. Wondering how performance is.

https://youtu.be/dZKfAF_dD4g

Can't swim in Power Armour. I found out the hard way when I tried to retrieve Kremvh's Tooth from Dunwich Borers lol.
Well you can get out of the armor, swim there, swim back and then fast travel. But I see the problem

Also, has anybody found something interesting in the ocean besides
the submarine
?

Desmond

Well you can get out of the armor, swim there, swim back and then fast travel. But I see the problem

Also, has anybody found something interesting in the ocean besides
the submarine
?
You can find a message in a bottle, which leads to
a small boat and chest under the sea. Loot is lacklustre.

Faenix1

Uhh what are some reasons weapons lose damage?

Was sorting out my stuff, selling what I didnt need, equipping new armour, ect. and I noticed instead of 400-something my Gauss rifle did 380-something damage. Rolled back to an earlier save and tried just about everything and I can't see why I've lost damage on my other save.

All weapons do less damage now. :S

Uhh what are some reasons weapons lose damage?

Was sorting out my stuff, selling what I didnt need, equipping new armour, ect. and I noticed instead of 400-something my Gauss rifle did 380-something damage. Rolled back to an earlier save and tried just about everything and I can't see why I've lost damage on my other save.

All weapons do less damage now. :S

Hmm.. if everything across the board is doing less damage then the only thing I can think of is you might be chem addicted, which could lower things? If you don't take chems regularly then I don't know. If you do, maybe try taking some Addictol to make sure you're clear of all addictions then check the stats again.

Just did the glowing sea quest, man that was a cool area.

I actually ventured into there and popped all locations before having that quest by just wearing a hazmat and being sneaky. I agree, it's a really cool fucking area. I can totally handle myself there now but the first few times I was constantly hitting R1 to go into VATS in order to see if there was an enemy on the horizon so I could avoid it. Great atmosphere and tension built by the limited distance you can see; allows enemies to easily get the jump on you.

I actually ventured into there and popped all locations before having that quest by just wearing a hazmat and being sneaky. I agree, it's a really cool fucking area. I can totally handle myself there now but the first few times I was constantly hitting R1 to go into VATS in order to see if there was an enemy on the horizon so I could avoid it. Great atmosphere and tension built by the limited distance you can see; allows enemies to easily get the jump on you.

Exactly. I felt really stressed out just being there, which is how a fallout game should be imo. The presence of
deathclaws
were enough to have me slightly freaked out, but then you also have to watch your radiation meter at all times. One of the most unique area's in any fallout.

Faenix1

Hmm.. if everything across the board is doing less damage then the only thing I can think of is you might be chem addicted, which could lower things? If you don't take chems regularly then I don't know. If you do, maybe try taking some Addictol to make sure you're clear of all addictions then check the stats again.

No I don't really use chems. Only got addicted once cause I was trying to get Cait affinity.

I think my heavy guns (Missile launcher), and my explosives are the same. Just my Pistols and Rifles had less damage. I was going through my stash making sure I had all my good legendary weapons. Even spent a bit getting Curie some Mark 3/Sturdy Synth gear.

An hour goes by and I notice my Pistol/Rifle damage was less than it should be. I've reverted to an hour or so earlier save and tried everything to replicate it but I can't figure it out. Failed settlement quests - which Preston just randomly gives you for no reason - and unequipped everything. Got in and out of Power Armor. I can't figure out why.

BizzyBum

This game is so weird with crashing.

Game was crashing a shit ton so I end up reinstalling, reinstall drivers, clean out the inside of my PC, and check temps which are fine across the board. Game is fine and doesn't crash for like 30 straight hours. Last few hours, back to crashing for no good reason.

So annoying.

That's my next main quest. Looking forward to it but may delay going there.

Just noticed that the light on my Dualshock turns yellow when I climb into power armour. Nice touch.

I never play in Power Armor simply because I'm overleveled and don't feel the need, but I'll definitely tip my hat to Bethesda for the look of the PA both outside and, especially, inside. I love the way the different PA versions have different looking HUDs. Really nice touch.

I've collected few power armors but never use them. Find them useless with how fast fusion core is drained when doing anything useful. There is a perk to extend core mileage but why waste valuable perk on that.

Watevaman

I never play in Power Armor simply because I'm overleveled and don't feel the need, but I'll definitely tip my hat to Bethesda for the look of the PA both outside and, especially, inside. I love the way the different PA versions have different looking HUDs. Really nice touch.

Unless my game is broken, the HUD is the same in all the PAs. I wish it was unique, hopefully a mod will come along because my X-01 should not be the same as the T-45 given the so-called tech differences.

Unless my game is broken, the HUD is the same in all the PAs. I wish it was unique, hopefully a mod will come along because my X-01 should not be the same as the T-45 given the so-called tech differences.

!?! Your HUD may not be broken. My eyes might be however... I'm kind of afraid to boot up the game and check it out since I've thought this entire time that there were different HUDs :\ We'll just assume for the time being that I'm a crazy person. Nothing to see here. Move along.

ElTopo

Banned
Just started. I'm about 3-4 hours in. Really disappointed that there's NPC's that are immortal. Part of the fun of Fallout 3 and New Vegas was the option of killing anyone.

Also, the game is really easy right now. I remember playing 3 and NV and the early game is a bit hard. Thinking of upping the difficulty to Hard because I'm using the 10MM pistol and practically insta-killing Raiders.

BizzyBum

lol, my game keeps crashing on
the final fight with the BoS at the airport trying to take over Liberty Prime.

I guess it gets too hectic, but this is annoying because I can't finish the damn game now.

N° 2048

What journey it's been. First playthrough. 160+ hours I'd say, about %75 the entire game, about 6 trophies from the Plat.

Loving this the same, if not more, than Day 1.

Replicant

Can you obtain Trophies using your 2nd character?

I just think my current character is too goodie-two-shoes. There's no way I can make him be an ass who destroys any of the factions except the Institute.

My 2nd character, OTOH, is the wench from Hell. I can see her easily siding with the Institute or even go a betrayal-ton paths easily.

This must sounds weird but everything I've done with the first character has been mostly good. I'd feel weird to see him suddenly massacre-ing his colleagues.

Can you obtain Trophies using your 2nd character?

I just think my current character is too goodie-two-shoes. There's no way I can make him be an ass who destroys any of the factions except the Institute.

My 2nd character, OTOH, is the wench from Hell. I can see her easily siding with the Institute or even go a betrayal-ton paths easily.

This must sounds weird but everything I've done with the first character has been mostly good. I'd feel weird to see him suddenly massacre-ing his colleagues.

Since there's no Karma system, you can join/betray whatever factions you want. If you want to roleplay your characters in a strict manner however, then yes, you can obtain trophies using your second character.

Desmond

Anyone else get a game breaking bug in the Corvega Assembly Plant? Went there for one of Preston's god forsaken settlement quests and I keep falling through the floor when I walk into it. Framerate hits single digits too.

Finally got my platinum. Benevolent Leader was irritating but I got there in the end.

I enjoyed it a lot. Found each of the faction endings a bit disappointing but it was still good fun. Not the best RPG released this year though.

Top Bottom