• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Philia

Finally got my platinum. Benevolent Leader was irritating but I got there in the end.

I enjoyed it a lot. Found each of the faction endings a bit disappointing but it was still good fun. Not the best RPG released this year though.

Congrats! I'm going to try to get platinum too, but I've missed an old post somewhere in this thread or the previous OT, but can you summarize what I need to do to get all of the trophies quest related? I remember a good summarized post somewhere where I need to do the Railroad or BoS or Int questline up to a certain point and then switch and save and etc. I just don't remember the specifics.

Congrats! I'm going to try to get platinum too, but I've missed an old post somewhere in this thread or the previous OT, but can you summarize what I need to do to get all of the trophies quest related? I remember a good summarized post somewhere where I need to do the Railroad or BoS or Int questline up to a certain point and then switch and save and etc. I just don't remember the specifics.

I found this video from PS4Trophies really helpful. You usually get notifications when a faction becomes an enemy but I still used this guide to make sure I didn't mess it up.

N° 2048

I still haven't got used to 2016 yet haha.
what-year-is-it-ohexploitable.jpeg

:p

Now you got me thinking of what could be the 2016 RPG of the year.

It's not really that difficult. You can't make anything wrong. The game really tells you to stop now or fraction xy will be hostile.

Philia

It's not really that difficult. You can't make anything wrong. The game really tells you to stop now or fraction xy will be hostile.

Ah okay. I'm just cautious and paranoid. I'd hate to restart over on this timesink. Also I've done all of the Minutemen already. I've put BoS on hold because... well something about them just rubs me the wrong way lol. I've finally caught up with starting with the Railroad. I've not heard or seen a peep of the Institute. I haven't started the Glowing Sea quest yet so I imagine that's probably going to be it.

Philia

Don't know if anyone knew this but there's an nifty interactive map you can use to keep track of locations, collectibles you've found. :)

http://www.fallout4map.com/

EDIT: Whelp, the books are not specific. Will have to use another source for that. The map is great for the checking off stuff you've found though.

It's so cool that there is really so much stuff in this game you probably haven't found out yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgc7uqWcp-w

So now at least the whole Diamond City Christmas decoration thing makes sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uETsrePyM

maaan I missed so much of this game. I thought I've seen almost everything. Guess I was wrong.
I think I really need to make a new character. This will probably be my DLC character then.

And damn it I missed the two places with all them cats!!!

huxley00

Anyone doing a no power armor run? Thinking of starting over with that. The game just seems way way too easy on the hardest settings with any power armor equipped. Just never feel in danger.

Anyone doing a no power armor run? Thinking of starting over with that. The game just seems way way too easy on the hardest settings with any power armor equipped. Just never feel in danger.

I hardly used power armor. Just for some occasions. Probably did 99% of the game without it

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Any news on a patch? I haven't been able to use Preston for about a month at this point because he won't speak to me, damn annoying.

Desmond

YYYYEEEAAAA BBBOOOIIIII!!!!!

giphy.gif

Do I need a specific perk to display a enemy's level etc?

Also, just got that sniper rifle that does a 50% damage boost against Mirelurks. Time to hit Spectacle Island.

Btw, sniper rifle question, would it be worth it to buy the Overseer's Guardian? (I think that's the name). I have just bought a 50. one.

Do I need a specific perk to display a enemy's level etc?

Also, just got that sniper rifle that does a 50% damage boost against Mirelurks. Time to hit Spectacle Island.

Btw, sniper rifle question, would it be worth it to buy the Overseer's Guardian? (I think that's the name). I have just bought a 50. one.

Yes, it's called the Awareness perk

And yes the Overseer's Guardian is an extremely good weapon. You can't go wrong with buying it.

just started the show no mercy mission and my vertibird is already damaged before take off because the bloody initiates were hitting it every time they missed their targets at the firing range.
thanks for that.

Level 110? Holy shit

Yea, I got a mod that scales most enemies to my level.

1nNiRh6.png

Game is too easy when your that high of a level, even on survival. In the vanilla game, enemies rarely go above level 70. So I needed something to make the game feel as if I was a level one although im level 100.

So I dont wear armor(only clothes), have enemies scale to my level, and enemies does six times their normal damage.

Now the game feels like a challenge.

Super mutants as high level as the one in that gif, can kill me in like 4-5 shots.

Yaos, deathclaws and scorpions, one or two hits and im at the loading screen. Scorpions are usually the most deadly animal as they can literally teleport right behind and hit me with a two piece and im done.

A high level gunner(lvl 100+) are probably the most dangerous enemy in the game with my current set up. A single sniper round took me out.

even weak, non threatening enemies, like mirelurk hatchlings are a serious problem when you got a group of them nipping at your heels. Health drops so fast.

But at the same time, I can kill them just as fast as they can kill me. It all comes down to how has the better line of sight, better tactics, and who fires first. The first to fire and hit is usually the winner.

Tactics REALLY come into play here, simple run and gun wont get you through a dungeon without dying a bunch of times. Gotta use cover, flanking, trapping, drugs and all that just to survive.

GavinUK86

So what exactly is there to do post-main quest line? I've just finished it with
the Railroad
and I have no quests except the crappy radiant ones. I'm 200 hours in so I've done loooads of side quests. Is it just a case of wandering around now and stumbling onto quests? if there is any.

BizzyBum

Man, if there's one thing that's just killing this game for me right now it has to be the constant crashing I'm getting on PC. It's just so random. Can play fine for hours then I get to a point where it just hard crashes to desktop and I can't advance. I take a break and come back and it's fine.

It's not like my saves are bloated. I only have 3 and they are all only like 1.2MB. CPU and GPU temps are fine so nothing is overheating. I guess it's just the longer you play the more a single file just craps out, cause my first 150 or so hours with the game had no issues.

Desmond

Is it possible to get all the bobbleheads before completing the story? i.e. one of the bobbleheads is in the mass fusion building right, which is a story quest location too.

Replicant

Is it possible to get all the boblbeheads before completing the story? i.e. one of the bobbleheads is in the mass fusion building right, which is a story quest location too.

IIRC, you can if you have Jetpacked Power Armor and Expert lockpicking skill. You need to go through a hole on a ceiling to get up to the top, which is where you use the Jetpack.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Just had an amusing incident while talking to some cult leader. I was there to convince one of his possible followers/lovers to go back home, and while we were talking, I am startled by a sudden huge explosion just a dozen or so feet away, but the conversation just keeps on going. When I get out of the conversation I see that a BoS Vertibird had inexplicably just crashed and exploded right next to us. All of the guy's cult initiates were littered around us as dismembered corpses.

IIRC, you can if you have Jetpacked Power Armor and Expert lockpicking skill. You need to go through a hole on a ceiling to get up to the top, which is where you use the Jetpack.

You don't need a jetpack for that. You can just get it by going into the Mass Fusion building. The bobble head however is hard to find

Replicant

You don't need a jetpack for that. You can just get it by going into the Mass Fusion building. The bobble head however is hard to find

Ah, now I remember. You're right. The bobblehead is on a
ledge of a statue
. I remember being pissed off because it was hard to get. It's actually easier to reach when I wore a power armor. That's why I associate it with PA.

The other object I was talking about was Tesla comic book. This one does require the Jetpack in order to get through the hole in the ceiling. I remember this because I brought Codsworth with me and even though he somehow managed to get up above, he couldn't go back down. So I had to reset and on the next game, I told him to stay on the previous level while I got up to get the magazine.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Are there any quest lines that are as thrilling or fleshed out as the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild ones in Oblivion/Skyrim?

I'm having fun with the game, but I haven't been overly drawn in thus far...

JoeNut

Well you're not far off then. to be fair the main storyline can probably be done in like 2-3 hours if you blast through it, not really the point though

So I went a bit overboard with this settlement.... :D

I wanted to keep going higher on the part up top that eventually led to a small platform with a single chair on it, like it was my throne. But I ran out of vertical space. There are mods to remove that but it would probably crash anyways.

Probably going to fill out the outer ring with pre-made shacks, one for each settler. You can't see the outer ring very well in the first pic but it's bigger than the inner ring. Then I will probably put stores and stuff on the lower inner ring. I wish there were a lot more shit to put in these places.

DarthWoo

So I went a bit overboard with this settlement.... :D

I wanted to keep going higher on the part up top that eventually led to a small platform with a single chair on it, like it was my throne. But I ran out of vertical space. There are mods to remove that but it would probably crash anyways.

Probably going to fill out the outer ring with pre-made shacks, one for each settler. You can't see the outer ring very well in the first pic but it's bigger than the inner ring. Then I will probably put stores and stuff on the lower inner ring. I wish there were a lot more shit to put in these places.

Were you able to do that on vanilla size limits or did you mod/console the size limit up?

DarthWoo

So I'm at
The Molecular Level
. I can't turn in any quests to Preston until I talk to somebody about building the thing, but I'm not sure which faction I want to help me. Does it have any bearing on the final faction decisions?

illusionary

So I'm at
The Molecular Level
. I can't turn in any quests to Preston until I talk to somebody about building the thing, but I'm not sure which faction I want to help me. Does it have any bearing on the final faction decisions?

None at all - you can choose freely at this point. There's also supposed to be a 'faction-less' approach, but I couldn't get that to work for me.

Top Bottom