• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I've been gradually running a daisy-chain of supply routes starting from Sanctuary Hills and in a sort of Z shape across the land. I've only just extended it out to Croup Manor via the Lighthouse. I was a bit worried as I built up some quick defenses and beacon around the Lighthouse because my supply line from Coastal Cottage inexplicably disappeared for a bit. I had heard a random boom while building, so I was worried that maybe my provisioner had somehow been killed (they can supposedly die rather than be knocked down if they are within a certain range to you when taking damage) on her route. After searching all around the area and not finding her, I fast traveled back to the Cottage and started walking her route, and suddenly she's just there and the line reappears on the map. Thankfully I'm giving every provisioner a mining helmet with a red tactical light so they stand out like nothing else.

Edit: And related to this, frak those stupid
Children of Atom
asshats. Getting caught in a gamma gun crossfire really takes a toll.

Is the Benevolent Leader trophy fucked?

Got every other trophy, and reading up on what's needed for this last one, it sounds a right pain in the arse.

Only got like 16,000 caps, and supply routes might be an issue. All of my materials are at the Red Rocket.

The posts a page or two back have a number of methods that'll work without a ton of caps. 16,000 would be more than enough. Just empty your workbench at Red Rocket into your inventory and fast travel-- that is, if you have that perk-- to a new settlement and start it up using one of the methods mentioned. It is a pain in the ass; no getting around that. It shouldn't take a forever though and if you've nabbed every other trophy, might as well go for the plat!

Replicant

I've been gradually running a daisy-chain of supply routes starting from Sanctuary Hills and in a sort of Z shape across the land. I've only just extended it out to Croup Manor via the Lighthouse. I was a bit worried as I built up some quick defenses and beacon around the Lighthouse because my supply line from Coastal Cottage inexplicably disappeared for a bit. I had heard a random boom while building, so I was worried that maybe my provisioner had somehow been killed (they can supposedly die rather than be knocked down if they are within a certain range to you when taking damage) on her route. After searching all around the area and not finding her, I fast traveled back to the Cottage and started walking her route, and suddenly she's just there and the line reappears on the map. Thankfully I'm giving every provisioner a mining helmet with a red tactical light so they stand out like nothing else.

Edit: And related to this, frak those stupid
Children of Atom
asshats. Getting caught in a gamma gun crossfire really takes a toll.

This sometimes happens (supply line temporarily halted) when the provisioner is engaged in some kind of battle with external forces (raiders, animals, robots, etc). My supply lines to Hangman Alley always get interrupted from time to time when there are shooting noises outside. It usually means that my poor provisioner is dealing with some raiders or super mutants. So I'll have to run out and help him get rid of the pesky annoyances.

The posts a page or two back have a number of methods that'll work without a ton of caps. 16,000 would be more than enough. Just empty your workbench at Red Rocket into your inventory and fast travel-- that is, if you have that perk-- to a new settlement and start it up using one of the methods mentioned. It is a pain in the ass; no getting around that. It should take a forever though and if you've nabbed every other trophy, might as well go for the plat!
Cheers

Thankfully got a very late game save file which should have enough available xp in it for me to level up for that perk

If not, guess I'll strain to Sanctuary with 17 tonnes of junk in my possession :p

Don't like the Minutemen though tbh, would rather start a fresh settlement

Cheers

Thankfully got a very late game save file which should have enough available xp in it for me to level up for that perk

If not, guess I'll strain to Sanctuary with 17 tonnes of junk in my possession :p

Don't like the Minutemen though tbh, would rather start a fresh settlement

Is there any reason not to do the trophy at red rocket?

When do you guys think we'll get some DLC/Season pass info? A little surprised they haven't said anything yet.

Hopefully within the next couple of months. If they are really planning a huge addon, E3.

Speaking of supply lines.... Has anybody made their supply lines look cleaner instead of lines crossing all over the damn map? I kind of want to start a new playthrough and map it out instead of having my lines be everywhere on the map.

Speaking of supply lines.... Has anybody made their supply lines look cleaner instead of lines croasing all over the damn map? I kind of want to start a new playthrough and map it out instead of having my lines be everywhere on the map.

Yeah I used the castle and the drive in as 2 hubs and just linked to whichever was closer. They both attract plenty of settlers and I just used most of them for the supply lines.

Replicant

Speaking of supply lines.... Has anybody made their supply lines look cleaner instead of lines crossing all over the damn map? I kind of want to start a new playthrough and map it out instead of having my lines be everywhere on the map.

I kind of did:

hgxfPBL.png

I got more down there but I don't have the screencap. It's really hard to clean them up though.

1. Make sure you don't assign family members/original occupants of a settlement to a supply line. When they assign you a Preston-like mission, you'll have to find them all over the map if they are a provisioner. This is a nightmare. Also, some guys like Jake Finch doesn't enter the build area of Finch Farm once you assign them as a supply line, making it a nightmare to change his path or cancel his line.

2. Do not re-assign people to new route from a different settlement which they did not originally belong to. For example, Jake Finch is from Finch Farm and had a Finch Farm to say, Nordhagen Beach line. I can't change his supply line from Nordhagen Beach because the game will assume I will want him to use Nordhagen Beach as his starting line instead of Finch Farm.

Is there a limit where grape mentats stop lowering prices? I have like 8 CHR, but lately when I've been buying off vendors it seems like the prices of legendary items aren't dropping when I pop the mentats.

I kind of want like a spiderweb for my supply lines or a central hub with all lines just going towards the central hub. Starlight, Covenant, and Taffington all seem like good settlements for doing the latter idea.

DarthWoo

Hopefully within the next couple of months. If they are really planning a huge addon, E3.

Found this on Reddit; it's what I've been using.

When the arrow shows happiness going up, do I just keep on sleeping or do I have to add stuff in between?

the trick is to sleep for 47 hours right away as soon as it goes up. Getting that 1st jump to happen can be tricky but I noticed it often happens between when the settlers wake up at 6am and when they start work around 7am so sleeping around into the 5-6am slot and waiting can sometimes get the ball rolling.

the trick is to sleep for 47 hours right away as soon as it goes up. Getting that 1st jump to happen can be tricky but I noticed it often happens between when the settlers wake up at 6am and when they start work around 7am so sleeping around into the 5-6am slot and waiting can sometimes get the ball rolling.
How do you do more than 24 hours at a time?

91% now

edit: 95%

edit: think it's slowed down now, slept for 47 hours with no increase

edit: dat plat. Celebrated by calling an artillery strike on the miserable bastard :D

Filben

Hello my dear wasteland fellas, are there any swamp areas in Fallout 4? Totally love the Point Lookout addon in Fallout 3. Is there anything like that in F4? Haven't got far in this game.

Hello my dear wasteland fellas, are there any swamp areas in Fallout 4? Totally love the Point Lookout addon in Fallout 3. Is there anything like that in F4? Haven't got far in this game.

Yes, the south is all swampy and you will probably get fucked if you go there now.

91% now

edit: 95%

edit: think it's slowed down now, slept for 47 hours with no increase

edit: dat plat. Celebrated by calling an artillery strike on the miserable bastard :D
congrats :D

Yes, the south is all swampy and you will probably get fucked if you go there now.

congrats :D

Cheers :p

Really weird trophy setup, pretty much all of them come naturally or are very easy to get when you know what they are, but the settlement one is a massive time-sink, comparitively.

Best weapon I ended up with is a Gauss rifle that does 574 or so damage. Only got that right near the end game though.

Not sure if McCready's perk made the game better for me or not, it certainly removed the challenge, but by the time I got it I felt ready to just breeze through it anyway.

Elder Maxon
's armor jacket+Nanofilament helmet is badass btw

Man, I finally found an Explosive bullets combat shotgun on a legendary enemy. Fully modded with 900 shells and have to restrict myself to not use it all the time (luckily I'm almost done with the game, was plaything stealth so far lol), it's just so effective.
Although I don't quite get why? "on paper" the damage value isn't really high compared to Gaus Rifle etc.
Maybe it's because I have the explosives perk x3?

New patch: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1583568-fallout-4-13-beta-update/

Fallout 4’s 1.3 Update is now available in beta for Steam users.

This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games.

To get the beta, you need to do the following:
Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
Select Settings
Select Betas
A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
Select OK.
Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.

Beta Update 1.3.45

-New Features
New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)
Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode
-Gameplay Fixes
General memory and stability improvements
Improved performance when looking through a scope
Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
Robotics expert is now usable in combat
Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
-Quest Fixes
Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
-Workshop Fixes
Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
Building wires no longer uses up copper
Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
Diamond City house now shows provided power
Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading
I'm looking forward to the happiness fixes. Hopefully getting 100 happiness won't be so infuriating now.

Hopefully those Castle fixes will also fix the issue I have with completing Old Guns because the guy thinks the radio isn't powered and won't sit back down.

Replicant

Welp. I just got the Benevolent Leader (PS4 haven't got the patch yet) and what I can confirm (as someone who was stuck at 99%):

1. You don't need crazy amount of settlers. Did it only with 5 on Spectacle Island.
2. You don't need crazy amount of level 3 clinics (16 on some guide? JFC!). I only did it with: 2 clinics, 1 restaurant, 1 trading emporium. So the count seems to be 1 level 3 store per 1 settler.
3. You don't actually need crops. This is the most WTF for me. My counter stuck at 99% so i wanted to see if I can lower it down or kicking it up by assigning one settler that was on crop to another clinic. Lo and behold, the trophy pops. And no, I don't have supply lines either. My guess is if you have Restaurant, then food is pretty much covered?
4. I did multiple permutations to test if using other Level 3 shops after the other shops that I have would yield result. They did not. The counter stuck at 99% until I added the 2nd health shop, suggesting that you seem to need 1 clinic per 2-3 settlers?
5. Sleeping for a total of 2.5 days (up to around 2PM-ish) let you skip the time required for the counter to go up without waiting.
6. I previously mentioned that my counter was at one point stuck at 97% and it was only until I got rid of the synth infiltrator that the counter went up again. I didn't believe it either at first but then it happened to me so.....try it if nothing else works.

Video:
https://youtu.be/ixaqrAK6jMc?list=PLzzZJsRYlIJZbjXSVusDW1PJv-EnPIsAE

MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly

Finally! I can finish his quest when this is released on PS4.

Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house

With this Diamond City house is perfect place for your own storage/workbenches for people who have zero interest in settlement. Only thing you can't do is send companions to this house.

Building wires no longer uses up copper

Yay..free wires.

If that's what it means (it just says it won't cost copper) then I'm down with that. It was so annoying to spend copper setting up a power grid and defense setup for your building and then can't power anything because you've run out of copper.

I know that pain. :p

Man, I finally found an Explosive bullets combat shotgun on a legendary enemy. Fully modded with 900 shells and have to restrict myself to not use it all the time (luckily I'm almost done with the game, was plaything stealth so far lol), it's just so effective.
Although I don't quite get why? "on paper" the damage value isn't really high compared to Gaus Rifle etc.

It's that combined with the wide spread nature of shotguns that make Explosive Combat Shotguns OP. Also consider that you don't need to charge it up like a Gauss rifle, you can make the shotty auto or semi, and it has a large magazine. Then you start noticing why it's broken lol.

New patch huh? I'll think about it. Guess I'll need to start duping drugged waters and You're Special books then to make me feel even more like a God amongst the Wasteland bwahahahaha!

Every pellet explodes. Explosive perk increases the damage that every exploding pellet does. Each shot fires multiple pellets.

I don't know if the explosives perk modifies the damage of weapons with explosive ammo. Still, I get where you're coming form. I love my explosive combat shotgun as well. However my main is a legendary 10mm with explosive rounds that I modified with a larger mag, advanced receiver, and suppressor; plus full rank in Gunslinger (double damage) and the game just breaks :)

Every pellet explodes. Explosive perk increases the damage that every exploding pellet does. Each shot fires multiple pellets.

Really? I have rank 3 in explosives but that was mainly for my mines. Never thought it carried over to weapon modifiers.

Yep. I've said that the perk increases all explosive damage weapons a couple or a few pages back and so have other gaffers.

It's one of the most OP weapon in the game right now. It also helps that each perk that relates to the shotty makes the weapon even more ridiculous. It also helps that Explosive weapons stagger every enemy like a motherfucker.

If you are wanting to start a new playthrough to be the most broken person in the wasteland, I highly recommend you try and farm for one.

Is it possible to remove a perk by console commands? I unfortunately took the night vision while sneaking perk and I hate it. It's also incredibly bugged. Even when exiting sneaking mode, the effect stays and I have to bring up the Pipboy to remove it. Please tell me there is a way!?!?!

DarthWoo

Just got the ability to mod ballistic weave to my clothing. Armored sequin dresses for everyone!

It's that combined with the wide spread nature of shotguns that make Explosive Combat Shotguns OP. Also consider that you don't need to charge it up like a Gauss rifle, you can make the shotty auto or semi, and it has a large magazine. Then you start noticing why it's broken lol.

Thanks, I was wondering if the nature of a shotgun shell makes the difference. If they add the +15 splash damage + perk to every pellet that would explain why it's so OP even though it's not reflected in its damage value (and you don't get to see how many pellets etc).
You can even use that damn thing for distant enemies..

Thanks, I was wondering if the nature of a shotgun shell makes the difference. If they add the +15 splash damage + perk to every pellet that would explain why it's so OP even though it's not reflected in its damage value (and you don't get to see how many pellets etc).
You can even use that damn thing for distant enemies..

Yea.... I have a fully maxed automatic weapons perk. My Auto shotty originally did 100 something damage. Maxed out my explosive perks and it shot up to 200ish damage output..... The multiplier is bonked with the auto shotty. I just found my baby, the explosive assault rifle, and it originally did around 70-80 damage. With a fully maxed out explosive perk added it only added around 20-30 damage. Dealing around 100-120 damage.

If this was multiplayer, that's not right lmao. But luckily for us, this is a single-player game :p

BizzyBum

Yeah, really want to see the new physx and HBAO+ along with the performance upgrades but I'll just wait for it as I'm too paranoid when the words beta and Bethesda are put into the same sentence.

Top Bottom