• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I don't care about not having Physx, I just want a new patch on PS4.

Im not really happy with the next patch as it doesnt mention the ONE fix I want.

and that is the annoying camera rotation stutter in third person.

Its really bad when your trying to quickly aim at something in battle, and you cursor stops DEAD in its tracks.

A certain location/quest has reaffirmed my desire to see a Fallout take place, at least in part, in China. Perhaps another Fallout in the West with part if the game taking place in China or something like that. I think it would be incredibly interesting.

The location/quest I am referring to is the
Yangtze nuclear sub location with the ghoul Chinese officer
. I happened upon it purely by chance.

Im really enjoying this game, even though it feels virtually identical to FO3 and NV (gameplay wise). I specifically wish the game allowed players to grab onto objects to climb and shimmy etc. I also think having cars bikes and planes to fly would be a fair and reasonable evolution for the gameplay to take. Oh well.
Im only level 25 or so now, but I saw my first Deathclaw in the wild recently. I sneak attacked him about 6 times with a sniper rifle (trying to break his leg so I could openly wear him down ) and he was barely grazed. I just left and decided he was too tough for me.
I also found a really cool looking .50 cal sniper rifle. I think I am going to have to learn to make my own ammo, as buying .50 cal rounds is too expensive and they are hard to find too.

I highly recommend the Tasty Map mod.

tuSYVxu.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7324/?

N° 2048

If your talking about the physx in that 1.3 patch beta, then your gonna be disappointed to learn that, it wont be coming to consoles, thats a Nvidia graphics card exclusive feature.

xbox and PS got AMD cards in them.

Naw, I don't give a hoot about graphics. I want those fixes!

TyrantII

PC players, does the Dogmeat duplication bug still work? Wondering If I should fire up the Dogmeat forge on PS4 or not to load out my settlers before the patch hits us.

PC players, does the Dogmeat duplication bug still work? Wondering If I should fire up the Dogmeat forge on PS4 or not to load out my settlers before the patch hits us.

Just watched Demon Asylum's latest video and from reading the comments (yes I know, I shouldn't trust youtube comments) it has been patched.

So if any of y'all are still using Dogmeat to dupe, y'all better start duping ASAP.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just watched Demon Asylum's latest video and from reading the comments (yes I know, I shouldn't trust youtube comments) it has been patched.

So if any of y'all are still using Dogmeat to dupe, y'all better start duping ASAP.

It will be a pain in the ass, but if you desperately need to do it you can always delete the game data, disconnect PS4 from the internet, and reinstall the game. As far as I know unless they changed something your save should work just fine on a previous version currently, so you can always go crazy duplicating when you need to it just takes a bit longer to do.

Yup, delete the patch as soon as it starts downloading on PS4/XB1, turn off the internet option for PS4/XB1, or delete your game data. The save files are backwards compatible.

So long as they don't patch Resources Duping, I'm fine. I have tons of ammo with and without duping, tons of money, and I'm at a comfortable player level. I would update but my brother doesn't want me to update the game yet because he is still playing it from time to time.

So dupe away people if you are planning on updating your game.

TyrantII

Yup, delete the patch as soon as it starts downloading on PS4/XB1, turn off the internet option for PS4/XB1, or delete your game data. The save files are backwards compatible.

So long as they don't patch Resources Duping, I'm fine. I have tons of ammo with and without duping, tons of money, and I'm at a comfortable player level. I would update but my brother doesn't want me to update the game yet because he is still playing it from time to time.

So dupe away people if you are planning on updating your game.

Thanks!

I'm pretty much using it to duplicate legendary weapons to give my settlers like exploding miniguns and hard to find clothing. It's nice having all the provisioners in the same traveling uniform or having people patrolling with great weapons.

Uh.... I know explosive weapons are awesome but I wouldn't recommend giving them to your settlers, provisioners, and companions since they can still stagger you lol. I have most of my settlements decked out with mk 7 turrets (turrets with explosive rounds) and I can barely get a chance to attack the enemies since I'm always staggered by their blast radius....

Should also note for people wanting to dupe armor and clothing - your time to dupe is very wonky. It does work but the "hitboxes" for armor and clothing are very small and the timing is very fast (nearly instant).

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Is artillery unavailable to be built while building the
signal interceptor?
I have the four components in my special category in the build menu, but the arty disappeared. I assume it will come back after I complete the thing and use it?

Nvm, I guess I just can't build it at the airport.

I am playing through without companions (as I did in FO4 and NV), because I find they get in the way too much, break my stealth or steal my kills (lol). Do they add much to the game, outside of combat? (conversations, extra quests etc)

I am playing through without companions (as I did in FO4 and NV), because I find they get in the way too much, break my stealth or steal my kills (lol). Do they add much to the game, outside of combat? (conversations, extra quests etc)

Junk Mule, companions have basically unlimited carrying capacity. If you're gonna do settlement stuff you'll need a companion to haul junk, unless you just cheat and spawn components using console commands

DarthWoo

Junk Mule, companions have basically unlimited carrying capacity. If you're gonna do settlement stuff you'll need a companion to haul junk, unless you just cheat and spawn components using console commands

This time around the strong back perk also allows you to fast travel while over-encumbered if you get rank 4.

Not really. I know there are perks that let them carry more but other than that they can't carry that much. My companions inventory gets full rather quickly. With the lone wanderer perk you can carry way more stuff.

But other than that I like the companions in this game. Some of them are really likeable and have cool quests. Also every one of them gets you one extra special perk, some of them are actually really good.

Replicant

Huh @ this game sometimes.

So I assigned this settler to be a weapon seller....except that she's never at her station while everyone else is (on that note, it was cute to see my provisioner checking out the bar's menu). On top of it, happiness goes down.

Eventually I got fed up and assigned her to be on the dirt, growing gourd. Lo and behold, the happiness perks up.

So are some settlers more interested in one particular job or something?

TyrantII

I'd say some of the best side quest are with them. Nic, Curie, Cait especially.

They also do have some interesting comments between the repeatable dreck lines, especially with missions within their area (Nic/Diamond City Quests, ect)

I'm at the point where I've
built the teleporter to get into the institute
. I went with ]the minutemen because I really don't sympathise with Synths and don't like the whole military thing the BoS have.

i'm trying to see how far i have left in the main story but can't seem to make sense of what quests i have left. i guess i should just see where it goes but seems so confusing the way everything is structured.

when do the railroad/bos quests fail? i thought that happened when i picked a faction to
build the teleporter
but they are still all there.

I'm at the point where I've
built the teleporter to get into the institute
. I went with ]the minutemen because I really don't sympathise with Synths and don't like the whole military thing the BoS have.

i'm trying to see how far i have left in the main story but can't seem to make sense of what quests i have left. i guess i should just see where it goes but seems so confusing the way everything is structured.

when do the railroad/bos quests fail? i thought that happened when i picked a faction to
build the teleporter
but they are still all there.

You have some time left.

When you do a mission for the Brotherhood of Steel it will sat "If you do this mission you will be an enemy of Rail road" and vice versa so just decline the mission. But at your stage it doesn't matter who builds the transporter.

Okay, I need help. I'm about 20 hours in and starting to get frustrated at my lack of power. Every enemy feels like a bullet sponge, no matter which gun I use. I just spent about 8 missiles on a legendary super mutant brute. Is that normal? I couldn't defeat
Kellogg
without using a Fat Man nuke. I came across a glowing one and shot it for like 3 minutes straight with my Righteous Authority before it finally died.

Why do all my guns feel like pea shooters? My SPECIAL points are pretty evenly spread out. What determines weapon damage? Any perk suggestions?

Okay, I need help. I'm about 20 hours in and starting to get frustrated at my lack of power. Every enemy feels like a bullet sponge, no matter which gun I use. I just spent about 8 missiles on a legendary super mutant brute. Is that normal? I couldn't defeat
Kellogg
without using a Fat Man nuke. I came across a glowing one and shot it for like 3 minutes straight with my Righteous Authority before it finally died.

Why do all my guns feel like pea shooters? My SPECIAL points are pretty evenly spread out. What determines weapon damage? Any perk suggestions?

It depends what weapon type you are using. If you are using single shot rifle type weapons you want rifleman to increase base damage and it helps to get gun nut/science to increase the damage output of the weapons by modding them. Added to that lone wanderer level 3 adds 25% damage iirc and I think bloody mess adds 5% per level.

It depends what weapon type you are using. If you are using single shot rifle type weapons you want rifleman to increase base damage and it helps to get gun nut/science to increase the damage output of the weapons by modding them. Added to that lone wanderer level 3 adds 25% damage iirc and I think bloody mess adds 5% per level.
I do have the first Bloody Mess rank, and Mysterious Stranger helps sometimes too.

I'm hesitant to put points into those specific weapon bonuses because I'm constantly switching guns to accommodate ammo supplies.

I do have the first Bloody Mess rank, and Mysterious Stranger helps sometimes too.

I'm hesitant to put points into those specific weapon bonuses because I'm constantly switching guns to accommodate ammo supplies.

Well if you want the damage you need to pick at least 1 type and take the perks. However even within 1 type there is a large range of ammo types you can use. Especially once you start modding the guns. It's easy to have 5 or 6 different 'rifle' weapons on you all using different ammo.

Or you could just drop the difficulty of the game to it's lowest and make everything easier to kill that way.

Well if you want the damage you need to pick at least 1 type and take the perks. However even within 1 type there is a large range of ammo types you can use. Especially once you start modding the guns. It's easy to have 5 or 6 different 'rifle' weapons on you all using different ammo.

Or you could just drop the difficulty of the game to it's lowest and make everything easier to kill that way.

oh, duh. Does this affect achievements?

squadr0n

I dont think the rotating axis fix is working in this newest beta patch. Can anyone confirm for me if it works and how you were able to get it too. Its supposed to allow you to rotate pieces on another axis while holding down on the left stick. Like have a slopped floor piece.

Desmond

Just need to do 8 or so misc. objectives and the BoS related trophies and I have my platinum. Do I have to become hostile with the Railroad to complete the BoS storyline?

Dartastic

Is there a PC console command to make people friendly to you again? I mistakenly went a biiiiiiit too far in the Institute questline and made the Railroad angry at me. Now I can't get the ballistics weave from PAM. :(

Also RE: PhysX, is that not a mod? That's going to be officially implemented?

I literally don't know how I keep failing the final battle in The Last Voyage of the USS Constitution.
I've tried fighting from the top. I've tried going below deck and killing them all. No matter what I do I just randomly fail the quest despite them not getting up through the ship. Do they come up the dinghy too? I just can't figure this out.

I've tried like 10 times but fail no matter what.

Edit: And right after posting this I did it. That's always how it works.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Is there a PC console command to make people friendly to you again? I mistakenly went a biiiiiiit too far in the Institute questline and made the Railroad angry at me. Now I can't get the ballistics weave from PAM. :(

Also RE: PhysX, is that not a mod? That's going to be officially implemented?

Yeah Physx and HBAO+ are from the official 1.3 beta available on Steam.

DarthWoo

Is it true that there's basically no use to building fences/walls/etc. around the perimeter of your settlements? I had already built castle-like walls around Abernathy Farm and County Crossing, and was probably going to do the same to The Slog since it seems to be constantly getting bum-rushed by a dozen higher level Super Mutants at a time. I've read that during such attacks, the game will just spawn things wherever, including right in the center of the settlement.

Is it true that there's basically no use to building fences/walls/etc. around the perimeter of your settlements? I had already built castle-like walls around Abernathy Farm and County Crossing, and was probably going to do the same to The Slog since it seems to be constantly getting bum-rushed by a dozen higher level Super Mutants at a time. I've read that during such attacks, the game will just spawn things wherever, including right in the center of the settlement.

Yes, enemies can spawn inside your base (Hangman Alley is the worst at this). Your best defense is lots of turrets and heavily armed and armored settlers and a single tower structure serving as housing for your crafting benches and settlers.

The Slog's main building is large enough to house all of your settlers and benches, just ring the building with turrets, and build your kiosks on the roof.

TyrantII

I've noticed that they tend to spawn in several specific areas. That said some settlements seem to have different locations for different enemy types/faction attacks. And some small settlements there's nowhere but on top of you to spawn (hangman's alley)

You have to basically figure it out, and then put walls up accordingly.

Question for others: Can NPCs use the Broadsider with unlimited ammo, or is it flagged like the Fatman/RL where they'll run out of ammo?

v0mitg0d

DarthWoo

Yes, enemies can spawn inside your base (Hangman Alley is the worst at this). Your best defense is lots of turrets and heavily armed and armored settlers and a single tower structure serving as housing for your crafting benches and settlers.

The Slog's main building is large enough to house all of your settlers and benches, just ring the building with turrets, and build your kiosks on the roof.

That's what I had initially been doing; I even built a second a third floor above the building and moved all the beds up there. Unfortunately the attacks always seem to come when everyone's putzing around outside in the fields.

Top Bottom