• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Alucrid

Banned
So I've been trying to find an answer to this in so many different places and have had no luck, so, FalloutGaf, help a wastelander out.

Basically, I'm trying to plat the game and need to use various saves and reloads for the faction questlines. Right now I'm thinking that my "main" save isn't going to be with the Brotherhood, so I've been holding off on them for now, but I also want to do as many quests as I can in each faction to maximize the amount of XP I get before I have to start messing with save/load. So my basic question is, I know where to halt questlines for Institute/Railroad before I have to start playing carefully with saves, but Brotherhood is real up in the air and I've seen no concrete info. So does anyone know how far I can get into the Brotherhood quests before I anger another faction and screw myself out of trophies in my main save? I've seen responses saying don't even join the Brotherhood or I can go as deep as Blind Betrayal before I have to start manipulating save/reloads. It's all very confusing since I haven't gotten one straight answer.

or, would it just benefit me to do the Institute/Railroad trophies then just side with the Brotherhood until the end? Is there any benefit to siding with them that I'm unaware of (Mind you, I've at best met that Decon guy and haven't touched anything else so I don't know much about what the faction offers)

for institute i think it's when you go to the mass building to get the berilyum whatever. for railroad, not sure. but you should always get a message saying that you've betrayed X faction, so you can always just go back an autosave and see.

FHIZ

Mission name spoilers:
Do Institute up until Mass Fusion, then you can do BoS up until after the mission where you hunt a Synth you'll know by name and Railroad up until Patriot. Save there and then you can finish all three paths from that point.

Benefit of finishing with BoS is
MOTHERFUCKING JETPACK POWER ARMOUR

Thank you. That BoS benefit might actually just sway me to side with them until the end.

I remember that power armour showed on the map. I left two at separate settlements and can't remember which ones, but they now aren't showing on the map?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
proving that there is no rhyme or reason to companion quests, just got McGready's quest (guess he has a quest) without ever using in in the game. I only just got him with me because im sending all my companions to my settlement lol

Why is it, that I can't get a Floor Mat to work properly. In Sanctuary I've just build one and put it on the ground and every time I fast travel to Sanctuary I spawn at the location of the Floor Mat.
But when I build one at Starlight Drive-In, the Game spawns me at the vanila Arrivalpoint in front of the Gates

proving that there is no rhyme or reason to companion quests, just got McGready's quest (guess he has a quest) without ever using in in the game. I only just got him with me because im sending all my companions to my settlement lol

Hah, I got the heart-felt talk with Codsworth because he liked me tinkering with my Power Armor so much. Never had him with me, but since he's tending the crops in Sanctuary he was always nearby when I slapped on another upgrade.

Why is it, that I can't get a Floor Mat to work properly. In Sanctuary I've just build one and put it on the ground and every time I fast travel to Sanctuary I spawn at the location of the Floor Mat.
But when I build one at Starlight Drive-In, the Game spawns me at the vanila Arrivalpoint in front of the Gates

You sure you're building an actual Fast Travel point? You can also place regular doormats, they don't do anything.

Hah, I got the heart-felt talk with Codsworth because he liked me tinkering with my Power Armor so much. Never had him with me, but since he's tending the crops in Sanctuary he was always nearby when I slapped on another upgrade.

You sure you're building an actual Fast Travel point? You can also place regular doormats, they don't do anything.

puuh, I thought so, where do I find the Fast Travel Point?

Edit: Okay, I'm an Idiot!!! Found the right one.

lol same thing happened to me today, I was raiding the Med-X building and suddenly got a quest to "find a cure for MacReady."

Who should I side with for my first play through?

Does siding with anyone who isn't the institute result in a
nuclear explosiom
and what is the overall effect of the area

I want to start playing this but I'm kind of a newbie. I stopped playing fallout 3 because it was just kind of unplayable on the PS3 at the time, but I'm giving this one a new chance. However, I have no clue how any of this works... Do you guys know any sites or anywhere I can get a good tutorial or strategy guide for this?

I want to start playing this but I'm kind of a newbie. I stopped playing fallout 3 because it was just kind of unplayable on the PS3 at the time, but I'm giving this one a new chance. However, I have no clue how any of this works... Do you guys know any sites or anywhere I can get a good tutorial or strategy guide
for this?

I've never played any of the Fallout series and picked this up pretty easily. Yes there is a lot of depth to the systems, but you gradually pick them up.

Sullichin

Anyone buy "The Wastelanders Friend" pistol from Deb? 10mm with 50% extra limb damage. I have the deliverer, wondering if this is worth getting..

Hasney

I've had a bug happen twice where settlers get stuck in my power armor and eventually just glitch it out of existence. I don't park my armor at inhabited settlements anymore

Take out the fusion core and they don't get into it without being told.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So what the hell happened to Fallout`s good or evil system in Fallout 4? 10 hours into the main quest, and I still haven`t noticed any good or evil choices. The new dialog system is a joke. You never know what your character will say.
It`s a decent game, but definitely not more than 7/10 in my opinion. The AI sucks, the graphics have barely improved (worse than Fallout 3 in some places), the framerate is horrible, and there is almost no invention over Fallout 3.

Bottom option is nice guy, right option is asshole. This ain't that complicated my man.

This dialog system is better than the old one IMO. I hate having to read all of the responses out in their entirety before seeing them spoken by my character. Much rather make my response selection based on tone.

Nose Master

Lol, this radio quest.
"We need you to... take care of him" "You got it." "holy shit dude we were just messing around he's a bad dj it's cool"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I want to start playing this but I'm kind of a newbie. I stopped playing fallout 3 because it was just kind of unplayable on the PS3 at the time, but I'm giving this one a new chance. However, I have no clue how any of this works... Do you guys know any sites or anywhere I can get a good tutorial or strategy guide for this?

It's a video game made in the year of our lord two thousand fifteen. It's not that complicated dude, just turn it on and go. Left analog stick moves your character. Other buttons do things too. You're not going to burn your house down if you press them out of order...

ThankeeSai

Looks like I can't progress the main quest any further :(

I am on the
Getting a Clue
quest and I need Dogmeat to
give the cigar to

I sent him to Sanctuary, but he won't appear. I have checked every dog house, I have scrapped all dog houses except one, I have fast travelled in and out of the area, I have slept for days, built a bell etc.

Can't get him to spawn.

Anyone know of any other fixes?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is there a point where the viable blood sample and technical document objectives end? I've delivered a bunch of both but nothing happens besides getting caps.

I am on the
Getting a Clue
give the cigar to

I sent him to Sanctuary, but he won't appear. I have checked every dog house, I have scrapped all dog houses except one, I have fast travelled in and out of the area, I have slept for days, built a bell etc.

Can't get him to spawn.

Have you gone back and looked right outside the house that you get the
cigar
? He was waiting for me there.

vocab

I am on the
Getting a Clue
give the cigar to

Can't get him to spawn.

He appeared right outside the door of that quest for me. Didn't have to go look for him.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
someone allready been at this place? What is it?

fallout4_201511211853uvocr.png

map spoiler
fallout4_2015112118537gq5r.png

2 more questions

1). If hidden, with doors closed in vault 82, why does the entire vault aggro on me? Is it s cumulative thing?

2)why is it when I try to place walls on my 2nd story there is a gap between wall and floor?

1st level I use floor, 2nd level I use the ceiling/floor combo. Sort of frustrating

Nose Master

It's a video game made in the year of our lord two thousand fifteen. It's not that complicated dude, just turn it on and go. Left analog stick moves your character. Other buttons do things too. You're not going to burn your house down if you press them out of order...

No need to be rude. If you haven't played a 3D Fallout before, this game is pretty ass with showing you how the systems work. Hell, most people still barely know how the settlements work.

Don't know of any guides though, new person. Maybe youtube Fallout 3 and NV's intro tutorials to get a rough idea of stuff? It's mildly different in this, but it'll be an all right base line.

I want a "hardcore" mod that requires you to eat and drink like F:NV for example. I also want it to have the option for perma-death. I love perma-death or ironman modes in other games and would love to try it in Fallout with one of those mods that make it take 1-2 hits to kill an enemy (except death claws and similar monsters) while it also means you take 1-2 to die, and headshots are always instant kills. It would add a lot to the experience I just had, 2 hours IRL of creeping through downtown boston (coming from The Castle towards Bunker Hill and past it, I don't use fast travel) and I avoided all death/hits on me, even though I got into some firefights I managed to escape and even had a friendly vertibird take the heat off of me. If that + the tense state of perma-death + survival requirements existed then it would've made it even more awesome for me. I love this game in how they made the world so dense.

I also highly recommend the mod that changes shadow draw distance dynamically to reach a certain FPS since it is the main thing that is affecting people to drop to like 30 FPS from 60 in boston area. I really needed it even though I am above recommended specs. This means that when in boston area for example and my FPS would drop to 30 (it's really the only area in the game it happens for me), then it would drop shadow draw distance dynamically so that I have 60 FPS, if I start to leave the area then shadow draw distance will increase to the ultra setting (or whatever you specified in the mod ini file) automatically. You could just set it in the launcher to have shadow distance on medium but then it's on medium all the time and areas that don't dip your framerate will look worse for no reason. Highly recommended. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1822/

Ushay

No problemo!
*looks at avatar*

Lol, this radio quest.
"We need you to... take care of him" "You got it." "holy shit dude we were just messing around he's a bad dj it's cool"

This quest, was great up until I ran into a ridiculous bug. Basically I can't complete it because it marked certain individuals as 'essential' so I can't kill them.
Being on Xbox makes it unfixable without Bethesda implementing a fix :(

Also how on earth are these people retaining their Russian & Irish accents 200 years later ?!

Hmmm....i've now experienced really bad framedrops and each time it was in interiors, never outside really. I can live with it, but damn,...that smooth sailing all the way is gone now.

Also, sometimes smoke from a explosion and such...becomes very blocky..not like realistic smoke, as if there's a weird graphical glitch making the smoke effect all blocky, you guys have this too?

El_Cinefilo

I messed up a quest to get a settlement (Didn't realise it was timed). Is that settlement permanently locked out to joining me now?

Does the head count as a limb? I found a weapon that does 50% extra limb damage.

Actually, come to think of it, does "extra limb damage" mean the enemy will lose more HP if I target limbs, or does it just cripple the limb faster?

Jonm1010

Banned
Love the immersion and roaming around. Feels like fallout 3 all over again.

Though coming from Witcher the map feels incredibly small. My two major knocks on the game so far are map size and writing. The writing really is awful. I really had hoped Bethesda would of stepped their game up after New Vegas but not even a little bit. The dialogue, plot lines, scenarios and even just the banter going on is awful.

Nose Master

They hide wayyyy too much of the writing and good quests with companions. Nick's backstory, which you wouldn't see or hear unless you hang out with him for hours, is some of the best I've seen in the entire game. I think this game's biggest fault is how stilted and awkward the opening hours are. It feels so empty and lifeless. Really picks up once you get to Diamond City.

Top Bottom