• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Leetums

Argh, this settlement building UI is killing my intrest of building anything. The UI on pc is such a mess. Sometimes stuff snaps to place nicely, sometimes I can't get them to snap even if my life depended on it, for no apparent reason. And why does every wall and roof look like shit? I know it's the wasteland and such, but should that stop me from building a nice looking wall without holes.

There is a mod you can get that lets you build in the red.

hamchan

Getting to 100 happiness is ridiculous. Makes the whole settlement system seem terrible when the best way to do it is to build 20 tier 3 clinics.

Nose Master

Is there a reason to use protectron personality type other than Medical? I've messed with construction and subway, and they both attack me. Meds just fight enemies and bumble around.

amnesiac

Is there a reason to use protectron personality type other than Medical? I've messed with construction and subway, and they both attack me. Meds just fight enemies and bumble around.

I would like to know this also. Whenever there's a stationed Protectron I never know if I should turn it on because the one time I did, it started attacking me.

There's that Robotics perk which allows you to have full control over them, so I wonder if that's worth having.

KorrZ

I usually set them to law enforcement and they will attack enemies as well. Though, it will start attacking you if you shoot first.

Yeah, I noticed that I'm doing less RP'ing right now as well, when I'm still exploring and learning the lay of the land.

Once I get a mod that adds a sleeping bag that's all gonna change, though. Gonna sleep regularly and eat twice per day.

Are there any PC mods that have a "survival" mode like this?

tw1164

Ugh...My companions are messed up. I can ask them to join me but then they're invisible and I can't interact with them. It's like I'm travelling solo. I used the console command to summon the one I'm traveling w/ but they're still not interactive and they disappear.

HagiG7

So I am currently at the quest that
requires to build the teleportation device. How far along am I story-wise? I chose to go with the minutemen for help. Did that lock me out of any further quests with the other factions? Also how many main quests are there and how many companions?

Two questions...

Is it possible to remove a map marker from the map after you've placed it?

Also what's with everyone saying "I'm level 1000 and haven't even been to Diamond City yet" as a badge of honor? Even if you're not following the main story at all, it's a major settlement with lots to do and see. Why purposely avoid it?

Trickster

So I am currently at the quest that
requires to build the teleportation device. How far along am I story-wise? I chose to go with the minutemen for help. Did that lock me out of any further quests with the other factions? Also how many main quests are there and how many companions?

a bit over halfway, and no it doesnt.

Nose Master

ujc0Se8.jpg

frysquint.gif~c200

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Two questions...

Is it possible to remove a map marker from the map after you've placed it?

Also what's with everyone saying "I'm level 1000 and haven't even been to Diamond City yet" as a badge of honor? Even if you're not following the main story at all, it's a major settlement with lots to do and see. Why purposely avoid it?

1. Click anywhere else on the map that's not a location and you get a prompt to remove the marker.

W6KrV63.png

I was running toward the bridge from Sanctuary to red rocket station. I collided slightly with the edge of a car's door and died. The physics based damage glitch has been around since Crysis 1 LMAO.

Anyway, the A.I needs a lot of tweaking and improvement; it is extremely bad and save for path finding (which glitches frequently) and taking positions. The problem isn't technical, but it is a design one. Running and shooting with nearly 100% accuracy is ridiculous; what is worse is that the A.I shoots freaking pixels that are out of cover, so taking cover is mostly futile. Add to that the fact that the A.I can shoot all day without having to worry about ammo conversation.

NPCs should have limited ammo and be more conservative with shooting. I noticed how bad the A.I is after
fighting covenant on survivalist difficulty. I basically had to run around the settlement, being chased by fucking aimbots that bull-rush you with 100% accuracy. I barely killed them with a weak bolt sniper rifle (40 damage) on level 10, and some NPCs were finished by my shotgun when I got up close to them.

Regarding the settlement building UI and mechanics, Bethesda should take notes from The Forest's building/latching mechanics. I mean, you literally can't make a on object perfectly parallel to you because of the rotation sensitivity. Objects auto-latch only at very specific locations AND orientations; you literally can't put a roof or a floor panel on top of two sides of some walls because it only auto-latches into the inner side.

That building mod sounds great; I kinda have mixed feelings about using engine commands and mods for building (it is either too easy or tedious). Oh yeah, when is G.E.C.K going to be released? That is the proper way to build stuff.

Gamezone

Gold Member
So what the hell happened to Fallout`s good or evil system in Fallout 4? 10 hours into the main quest, and I still haven`t noticed any good or evil choices. The new dialog system is a joke. You never know what your character will say.
It`s a decent game, but definitely not more than 7/10 in my opinion. The AI sucks, the graphics have barely improved (worse than Fallout 3 in some places), the framerate is horrible, and there is almost no invention over Fallout 3.

Plasma

Banned
So what the hell happened to Fallout`s good or evil system in Fallout 4? 10 hours into the main quest, and I still haven`t noticed any good or evil choices. The new dialog system is a joke. You never know what your character will say.
It`s a decent game, but definitely not more than 7/10 in my opinion. The AI sucks, the graphics have barely improved (worse than Fallout 3 in some places), the framerate is horrible, and there is almost no invention over Fallout 3.

It got replaced with the Yes and Yes (Sarcasm) dialogue system.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys I might be breaking the game with my modded settlement now, im starting to see some frame dips lol >_<

Kamina777

Banned
If you really believe that last line, you have clearly not left the first vault.

N° 2048

lol you actually said that. Are you just talking shit? Seems like it.

I only just discovered the basement behind one of the houses in Sanctuary.

There's fucking gold bars in there.

How did I miss that.

I found that place last night while building a wall around sanctuary after seeing raiders spawn by the water behind the basement house.

He wont attempt again. I tell him to and he's like "you got it boss /chomps cigar" but doesn't move. Maybe rezoning will work?

hhmmm, not sure, never had that happen. But if your on a terminal, it has a lock out timer, so dont forget that. Have em try again like a minute later.

Kamina777

Banned
Doodling some stuff around my character.
Friendly fat guy who insists on eating everything he kills.
Addicted to Death Claw Steak sadly.

image031kfs5s.png
Ha ha looks like Jerry Garcia, this is definitely a hippie way to enjoy the wasteland "living off the land, main story be damned"

So I'm 20 hours in and still haven't headed to Diamond City.

I'm finding that whilst roaming and doing side quests, I'm coming across enemies that are level 25+ and my weapons aren't strong enough yet to take them out without real struggle.

My highest damage weapon does 77 (shotgun), but my main pistol only is at 36.

Is there a point when I should be going to Diamond City? I'm hoping I can get better weapons/armour there and then do the wsidequests at a later stage.

FHIZ

So I've been trying to find an answer to this in so many different places and have had no luck, so, FalloutGaf, help a wastelander out.

Basically, I'm trying to plat the game and need to use various saves and reloads for the faction questlines. Right now I'm thinking that my "main" save isn't going to be with the Brotherhood, so I've been holding off on them for now, but I also want to do as many quests as I can in each faction to maximize the amount of XP I get before I have to start messing with save/load. So my basic question is, I know where to halt questlines for Institute/Railroad before I have to start playing carefully with saves, but Brotherhood is real up in the air and I've seen no concrete info. So does anyone know how far I can get into the Brotherhood quests before I anger another faction and screw myself out of trophies in my main save? I've seen responses saying don't even join the Brotherhood or I can go as deep as Blind Betrayal before I have to start manipulating save/reloads. It's all very confusing since I haven't gotten one straight answer.

or, would it just benefit me to do the Institute/Railroad trophies then just side with the Brotherhood until the end? Is there any benefit to siding with them that I'm unaware of (Mind you, I've at best met that Decon guy and haven't touched anything else so I don't know much about what the faction offers)

Hasney

So how'd you do the settlement one?

Easiest way (but still pontlessly long) that I did was not have supply lines coming out of the settlement, so all 20 people are constantly there. Build supply lines in. Build 4 each of the level 3 trader, clinic, food and clothes shop and assign someone to each. Anyone left over on Mutfruit plants. Build a bell. Get 100 defence with heavy machine gun turrets. Build a bunch of prefab shacks and shove beds inside of them as required. Now the important bit: Shove paintings and statues wherever the fuck you can. TVs also work, but they need power so can be a bit more of a pain.

Keep building paintings and statues until you can't. Then go for a lot of 24 hour waits/sleeps, because you can't leave. Hit the bell every few days and run into some people to make them happy with your presence and keep waiting... Forever waiting. Will probably take a couple of hours at least of waiting. If the up arrow stops being next to happiness in the build UI, destroy some shacks and build more fucking paintings.

Hasney

So I've been trying to find an answer to this in so many different places and have had no luck, so, FalloutGaf, help a wastelander out.

Basically, I'm trying to plat the game and need to use various saves and reloads for the faction questlines. Right now I'm thinking that my "main" save isn't going to be with the Brotherhood, so I've been holding off on them for now, but I also want to do as many quests as I can in each faction to maximize the amount of XP I get before I have to start messing with save/load. So my basic question is, I know where to halt questlines for Institute/Railroad before I have to start playing carefully with saves, but Brotherhood is real up in the air and I've seen no concrete info. So does anyone know how far I can get into the Brotherhood quests before I anger another faction and screw myself out of trophies in my main save? I've seen responses saying don't even join the Brotherhood or I can go as deep as Blind Betrayal before I have to start manipulating save/reloads. It's all very confusing since I haven't gotten one straight answer.

or, would it just benefit me to do the Institute/Railroad trophies then just side with the Brotherhood until the end? Is there any benefit to siding with them that I'm unaware of (Mind you, I've at best met that Decon guy and haven't touched anything else so I don't know much about what the faction offers)

Mission name spoilers:
Do Institute up until Mass Fusion, then you can do BoS up until after the mission where you hunt a Synth you'll know by name and Railroad up until Patriot. Save there and then you can finish all three paths from that point.

Benefit of finishing with BoS is
MOTHERFUCKING JETPACK POWER ARMOUR

Top Bottom