• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Dungeon design is fantastic this time, so many little nooks to explore and multiple entrypoints that can entirely change your approach. Adaptable environments for different playstyles, too.

Skyrim really disappointing with it's single route, looping dungeons and I was worried Bethesda would continue that design. Glad they shook it up, so far every one has been fun, detailed and rewarding.

biggest gripe with this game is waiting.

by far

annoying fucking decision. I am stealth i need it to be night and when i fast travel there's a chance it'll be daytime. then I'm fucked.

Chitown B

meet me on the court if you wanna get dunked on.

giphy.gif

lol. How to you pick stuff up? on Console.

ManCannon

60ish hours in, barely progressed with main quest and have been exclusively rolling with Dogmeat by my side so I figured I'd mix it up and take
Cait
out with me on some repeatable BoS quests... Can't recall who suggested it but DAMN.. equipped her with
Grognaks Axe
and she is totally wrecking shit!

UCBooties

Stupid questions:

1. Is there any way to strip mods off of weapons that you find? I found a pistol with a grip I want, can I get it or the components from it somehow?

2. Please tell me there is a way to scrap stuff from inventory at a workstation. Dropping shit on the ground to manually scrap it is ridiculous.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
it's
the crater of atom.
it doesn't really serve any purpose and doesn't have anything too interesting, unfortunately. if there is something to it, nobody's found anything yet.

but you can go there?
might check it out.
best take my hazard suit with me i guess.

Ken

Hold the button that picks up stuff.

Stupid questions:

1. Is there any way to strip mods off of weapons that you find? I found a pistol with a grip I want, can I get it or the components from it somehow?

2. Please tell me there is a way to scrap stuff from inventory at a workstation. Dropping shit on the ground to manually scrap it is ridiculous.

1. Replace if with a different mod like the stock grip and you'll have the grip free to use on another pistol of the same type.

2. Game will automatically scrap stuff when you craft and need the materials.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hold X

Btw hold the touchpad and you can change your tpv distance or pan the camera. You can also move your pipboy around while holding touchpad or even zoom it in with a press.

joecanada

oohhhh I remember this part, when I encountered them,
they were fighting for a while, and then later on, I saw one Art had a gun held at the other Arts head while he was on the ground screaming mercy. As the player you had to make a choice, because the one with the gun, aiming, is yelling that the other art is a synth, and the art on the ground, is yelling that hes not a synth and the art with the gun is crazy and he's the real synth.

I opted for to just let the guy holding the gun shoot the guy on ground and it turned out the guy kneeling was actually the synth

Have to admit it sucks they lock some major quests behind the main story progress but it probably makes sense. Just hit level 48 and decided to do a bit of hte main story now since I'm mostly in repeat quests. Do one piece and suddenly the BoS shows up with the rest and a ton of side quests.

Dawg

About to start this game, haven't played a Fallout game since 3 and I never finished it either.

Anything I should know before starting? Difficulty tips? Starting stats?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
so, mccready has bugged on me now.
His in permant sitting position and doesnt move anymore. even after entering buildings hes just sitting at the entrance. hopefully fast travel will fix it

Jisgsaw

So, is there a special condition to get the perk from Danse?
I have may aaffinity (I think , ichecked through console I'm sitting at 999.0, it doesn't goes higher anymore), but nothing yet. Is this a bug?

so, mccready has bugged on me now.
His in permant sitting position and doesnt move anymore. even after entering buildings hes just sitting at the entrance. hopefully fast travel will fix it

Happened to Nick while I was finishing his side quest of all things. Fast travel didn'T work, I had to reload an older save.

Edit: wait no, for me Nick was down and not healing alone; couldn't stimpack him either, so he sat on the ground.

Nose Master

Stupid questions:

1. You have to build the "standard" part for that attachment slot, then you get it.

2. You can just dump it in the workstation, it'll scrap when you need it and count towards your total. I did the same for the first ten hours.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dungeon design is fantastic this time, so many little nooks to explore and multiple entrypoints that can entirely change your approach. Adaptable environments for different playstyles, too.

Skyrim really disappointing with it's single route, looping dungeons and I was worried Bethesda would continue that design. Glad they shook it up, so far every one has been fun, detailed and rewarding.

Agreed completely about Skyrim's dungeons. I don't really think FO4 goes far enough in the right direction personally, but given the breadth of this game I don't really expect every minor dungeon to be like a Deus Ex level. Still this is a big step forward from Skyrim.

Blackthorn

Agreed completely about Skyrim's dungeons. I don't really think FO4 goes far enough in the right direction personally, but given the breadth of this game I don't really expect every minor dungeon to be like a Deus Ex level. Still this is a big step forward from Skyrim.
Oh yeah it's no Deus Ex but on a quantity vs quality balance I find the dungeons super impressive.

Floody

What's the max amount of people you can have in a settlement? I thought it was 20, but H
angman's Alley
has 28 in my game.

Companion question:

I just met Rex and
Strong. He wants to go with me, can I send him to a settlement? Or will he always wait here for me?

Blackthorn

What's the max amount of people you can have in a settlement? I thought it was 20, but H
angman's Alley
has 28 in my game.
I read that it's your charisma + 10.

I had some buginess where it reports an incorrect number on the map screen though. Visit the settlement in person to check the right number.

UCBooties

Hold the button that picks up stuff.

1. Replace if with a different mod like the stock grip and you'll have the grip free to use on another pistol of the same type.

2. Game will automatically scrap stuff when you craft and need the materials.

1. You have to build the "standard" part for that attachment slot, then you get it.

2. You can just dump it in the workstation, it'll scrap when you need it and count towards your total. I did the same for the first ten hours.

Awesome, thanks a lot for answering this!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Companion question:

I just met Rex and
Strong. He wants to go with me, can I send him to a settlement? Or will he always wait here for me?

You can send Strong to a settlement. He wanders around Sanctuary Hills in my game whining about humans.

ah jeez feel kinda shitty now

went through this base and killed the raiders. their leader was a woman

I enter her room and there are some letters from her sister saying how they're gonna kill her if she doesn't continue sending in supplies and that she loves her.

Fuck.

Tainted

Hmm ... so vault 95.
Seems really small compared to the other vaults, but there was one area I couldn't get into as it was behind a master lock (even with Nick). Is it worth putting my next point into master locks it just so I can get behind that door
?

The here, here kitty quest is bugged. If you get the quest from Erin, and then send the cat home. If you then talk to the barber and ask about rumours, he will tell you about Erin and the cat and you get 'Talk to Erin' when you go find Erin, Ashes is there but you can't finish the quest

I enter her room and there are some letters from her sister saying how they're gonna kill her if she doesn't continue sending in supplies and that she loves her.

Fuck.

I just did that one, it was a named enemy too which made me wonder if I messed up a quest somehow.

cackhyena

Fuck.
I mean, she's a raider. It's never gonna go another way is it?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Restarted this game so many times, haven't been able to find a build I like just yet. Melee seems to be the most fun, but doing melee early game feels damn near impossible depending on the fight. Loading up on chems kinda sucks too.

Is it bad to spread your SPECIAL stats across three main stats?

Blackthorn

Fuck.
The raiders she's at war with can be found in the brewery. Go there and read the terminal of you want a full picture of Red's story.

I just did that one, it was a named enemy too which made me wonder if I messed up a quest somehow.

i don't know if it's a quest but it might be a little side story.

Because I read her log in the computer and she has more details on the kidnapping and the location. And she has a log saying

"Somebody chopped off all of them bastards and bla bla bla"

And then I was all

"Wait a minute that location... I'VE been there"

And I got all smug.

"Call me the Wasteland Chopper"

Xeteh

Anyone having any luck keeping a decent bit of shotgun ammo? I swear, Scrounger does nothing but help me find the other crap and vendors don't carry enough.

There is nothing more annoying that the infinite supply of molotovs enemies have on Survival mode where they one shot you if they even catch a corner of you.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Fuck.

Woah, that's crazy. I think it was during the mission where you have to save the
bartender guy with the radio DJ
you find a terminal from the other gang that's doing the extorting.

According to the terminal one of the dudes got heated and accidentally killed the sister so they hid her body in one of the beer brewing vats and continued forging letters to her sister to keep the goods coming in... RIP both sisters...

2 more questions

1). If hidden, with doors closed in vault 82, why does the entire vault aggro on me? Is it s cumulative thing?

2)why is it when I try to place walls on my 2nd story there is a gap between wall and floor?

1st level I use floor, 2nd level I use the ceiling/floor combo. Sort of frustrating

Anyone have problems like above?

Top Bottom