• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

So what's with the new mod menu in game? Bethesda sanctioned paid mods coming?

Let's not assume paid mods guys...hope not.

That menu is for official Bethesda mods.
Nexus mods are unofficial so they obviously need to be installed through a third party mod manager (FOMM or Nexus MM)

Console or PC?

The menu is currently on the latest PC beta patch and will be there for consoles when Mod support is released.
Since consoles do not have FOMM or Nexus MM...

So basically on PC you can use official and unofficial (like nude mods, homer simpson character model etc (copyright issue) mods.

Tell that to the people who already have modded pc games and are still earning achievements and then are gonna get kicked out of earning any future ones once they update. I just think it's shitty because none of the achievements are really a mark of skill since you can earn them all on very easy. It's punishing the 99.8% that aren't going to bother with cheating to get achievements and it won't affect the people that are going to cheat anyway since there's workarounds.

Ahh thanks, that changes the way I see it. Makes sense.

I don't understand, achievements have always been meant to be earned through the vanilla game.

Of course they are disabled with mods, be it official or unofficial.
Tell that to the people who already have modded pc games and are still earning achievements and then are gonna get kicked out of earning any future ones once they update. I just think it's shitty because none of the achievements are really a mark of skill since you can earn them all on very easy. It's punishing the 99.8% that aren't going to bother with cheating to get achievements and it won't affect the people that are going to cheat anyway since there's workarounds.

Anustart

Bought the new dlc but shouldn't have. Did what I always do with settlements and that's get involved for about 10 minutes before getting bored.

Undead

Haven't been in the country for a couple months and I'm trying to get caught up on everything so I apologise if this has been asked/answered.

Has Bethesda added an option to rescale enemy levels yet?

So I've been reloading a save for about 4 hours now trying to get a piece of the equipment i want, to work build my Infinite AP loadout. Relentless Super Sledge, Vats enhanced Heavy Combat Armor Arms, and Heavy synth Chest and legs.

Haven't been in the country for a couple months and I'm trying to get caught up on everything so I apologise if this has been asked/answered.

Has Bethesda added an option to rescale enemy levels yet?

maybe it's cuz i'm playing on very hard but some enemies are always around my level, current level 100.

For example nearly all of the super mutants i encounter on the map, but not inside of buildings are leveled up to me.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Finally was able to cage a Gorilla, there seems to be a graphics glitch with the cage in the PS4 version, though.
The cage was open and empty, just a few sparks around the doorframe. when I turned the energy for the cage off, a gorilla came out.

N° 2048

Finally was able to cage a Gorilla, there seems to be a graphics glitch with the cage in the PS4 version, though.
The cage was open and empty, just a few sparks around the doorframe. when I turned the energy for the cage off, a gorilla came out.

Yep it's bugged like that .

Undead

So I've been reloading a save for about 4 hours now trying to get a piece of the equipment i want, to work build my Infinite AP loadout. Relentless Super Sledge, Vats enhanced Heavy Combat Armor Arms, and Heavy synth Chest and legs.

maybe it's cuz i'm playing on very hard but some enemies are always around my level, current level 100.

For example nearly all of the super mutants i encounter on the map, but not inside of buildings are leveled up to me.

Yeah I have that, been on survival the entire time and I'm around level 70-ish but the legendary enemies that can match the level are few and far between and it just seems pointless, especially when most of the quests take place indoors.

What I would really like is an option in the menu similar to Far Cry, where instead of resetting the enemy outposts, you just rescale the enemy levels(including interiors) and all of a sudden a level 74 player has enemies ranging from 74-134 for the most common types.

Tigress

So is Survival mode out this Tuesday or what?

God damn Bethesda why :(

For PC maybe? They just wrapped up the beta and they have to wait for sony/ms to approve it for the consoles (which I hear takes some time). So maybe it is ready for PCs if they don't insist on it coming out the same time as consoles (as a console user I don't see why make them wait for us. Hell, PC players already got their chance to play it and even put in their feedback on what they thought needed changed. It's not like they already haven't been playing it).

"you aren't modding the game. You're hacking it. Mods aren't supported yet" -Pete Hines

What is this guy talking about?
Most mods wouldn't be possible without third party software. New meshes, textures, animations all need third party software because the CK doesn't have those features.
So modders will still be "hacking the game" in the future, even when the modding tools are released.

N° 2048

For PC maybe? They just wrapped up the beta and they have to wait for sony/ms to approve it for the consoles (which I hear takes some time). So maybe it is ready for PCs if they don't insist on it coming out the same time as consoles (as a console user I don't see why make them wait for us. Hell, PC players already got their chance to play it and even put in their feedback on what they thought needed changed. It's not like they already haven't been playing it).

Get out of here with your logic.

:( I kid I kid.

TEJ

I was thinking of buying this game for the ps4, but i'm not paying 40-60 dollars unless they have ironed out most of the launch bugs and glitches via patching.

Have they? Or should I just wait?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I was thinking of buying this game for the ps4, but i'm not paying 40-60 dollars unless they have ironed out most of the launch bugs and glitches via patching.

I already beat and the game seems fully playable from start to finish. No slowdowns like in Fallout 3 or crippling save bugs.

So I decided to re-install the game on my SSD after getting frustrated at the load times (probably due to the mods I have as much as anything). However there is a big flaw. Textures are not loading at the right resolution. Many, many times walls, clothing anything really look like very low LoD textures. Really ugly. I have a GTX 980 4GB so it's not a vram issue. I can only assume it's the SSD. If there is no fix for this I'm going to have to delete and re-install on my regular HDD. Bummer.

If you want to play it right now, buy it. Otherwise just wait for a sale or until we get a GOTY edition.

I encountered some bugs during my three playthroughs, but nothing game-breaking. A lot seem to have been fixed already, as well.

You're never going to get a perfect experience, the game's just too big for that.

"you aren't modding the game. You're hacking it. Mods aren't supported yet" -Pete Hines

What is this guy talking about?
Most mods wouldn't be possible without third party software. New meshes, textures, animations all need third party software because the CK doesn't have those features.
So modders will still be "hacking the game" in the future, even when the modding tools are released.

Pete Hines seems like a good guy, but he often sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Being a PR mouthpiece must suck.

N° 2048

An update to the 1.5 beta patch just hit steam. Don't expect this on consoles anytime soon I guess. Ugh so much for the April release...

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9158

Welcome to our board for providing feedback on Fallout 4's 1.5 Steam Beta update.
Along with support for our upcoming add-on, Far Harbor, and additional gameplay optimizations, the 1.5 Update – now available as a Beta on Steam -- features the revamped Survival Mode which incorporates a number of changes based on beta feedback. Thanks again to all those who participated! In the coming weeks, 1.5 – complete with Survival Mode – will be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Also in development, Creation Kit and Bethesda.net Mods are still in closed beta. We hope to add Support for Mods to the 1.5 Steam Beta soon with console support for Mods coming in updates that follow. Stay tuned to Bethesda.net and the forums for when those updates will go live.

Please note that we strongly advise players running third party mod managers to back up saves and disable/uninstall them before opting into the Beta, until they have been updated to support the new changes from the 1.5 Update.

Fallout 4 1.5 Steam Beta Update (1.5.154)

Fixes

General performance and stability improvements
Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Mod Fixes

Fixed issue where deleting a Mod would not properly remove associated archives
Minor bug fixes and optimizations related to Bethesda.net

Fallout 4 1.5 Update Release Notes (Version 1.5.151)

New Features
New Survival difficulty
Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
Please Note: Survival difficulty characters are not backward compatible with the 1.4 version of Fallout 4. If you opt out of the Beta, do not use Survival character saved games.

Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
Fixes
General stability and performance improvements
Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly

"In the coming weeks"

N° 2048

Two more pieces of big news!

Mods and The Creation Kit:(SUPER interesting video, shows a lot of mods that might be available on consoles as well as options.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdGr8MH4pPU

Mods Open Beta out on PC:
https://bethesda.net/?utm_source=So...ts/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

For Fallout 4, our goal was to make Mods easier and more accessible than ever before – for both the creators and the players. By building an all-new system with Bethesda.net we’ve made a huge leap forward in achieving that.

You can now browse and search for the latest and greatest Mods, choose your favorites, post feedback, and install them – all within the game. Simply select Mods from the main menu, and start browsing.

If you want to try making Mods (and we think everybody should), the Creation Kit – the same tool that we used to create Fallout 4 – is a free download via the Bethesda.net launcher. You can check out the Creation Kit Wiki, our online documentation and help file, for more details and tips on how to make them.

We plan to update and evolve Mods and the Creation Kit based on your experiences so be sure to leave feedback in our forums.

How to access the 1.5 Update in Steam Beta:

Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
Select Settings
Select Betas
A drop down menu will appear. Select beta
Select OK
Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update
When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library
For console players, Mods will be coming to Xbox One in May and PlayStation 4 in June. We have a lot to do yet, but we hope it changes console gaming the way it has changed PC.

Finally, we’d like to thank all the Modders who volunteered to beta test the Creation Kit and Mods during our closed beta. Your feedback has been invaluable and we couldn’t have done it without you. For them and for all our players, we can’t wait to see what you create.

gossi

I hope there is a better/infinite jetpack mod.

I'm in there working on it right now.

iwEJKMx.jpg

Ahh, so it looks like the mods I had somehow screwed up the texture loading, not the SSD. Tried a vanilla game on the SSD and it was fine. So that either means a mod/s screwed something up or there's a limit on texture streaming. I have a 4GB card and the vram never went above 3.5GB so it wasn't my system. Guess we need to be careful with the amount of high-res textures added to the game assuming it wasn't a mod that was directly responsible, though I have no idea how.

Ahh, so it looks like the mods I had somehow screwed up the texture loading, not the SSD. Tried a vanilla game on the SSD and it was fine. So that either means a mod/s screwed something up or there's a limit on texture streaming. I have a 4GB card and the vram never went above 3.5GB so it wasn't my system. Guess we need to be careful with the amount of high-res textures added to the game assuming it wasn't a mod that was directly responsible, though I have no idea how.

Pssst, I have a GTX 970 as well, you can tell me your worries.

So I have been playing on and off on PS4 since launch, and raked in almost 300 hours...and I can't help but notice the spotlights in my settlements are still bugged from day one, where they stop working once you leave the settlement.

Every time I go back to one, I have to go into workshop mode, move the spotlight, and cancel the move to get them working again.

So freaking annoying >.<

Volimar

So I have been playing on and off on PS4 since launch, and raked in almost 300 hours...and I can't help but notice the spotlights in my settlements are still bugged from day one, where they stop working once you leave the settlement.

Every time I go back to one, I have to go into workshop mode, move the spotlight, and cancel the move to get them working again.

So freaking annoying >.<

Mine do the same, but all I have to do is turn off the generator and turn it back on. I'm the post apocalyptic IT guy.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It really sucks that the mods disable achievements and trophies on console (PC I couldn't care less)

The mods I would be use would be simple gameplay improvements and fix quest glitches.

No trophies and achievements simply means I will not use MODs.

Tigress

It really sucks that the mods disable achievements and trophies on console (PC I couldn't care less)

The mods I would be use would be simple gameplay improvements and fix quest glitches.

And I personally can't fathom a little trophy that does nothing but tell you you managed to do something is more appealing than being able to change the game to be more what you want and fixing stuff that wasn't done well.

I'm probably just old but I never got why people are so into trophies. Half the time all they do is tell you you managed to play the game like it was supposed (ooh, you finished the last chapter of the game which you needed to do anyways to finish the game). Personally I'd prefer less "trophies" and more stuff like in game rewards if you manage to do something (like Okami gave you a special item if you managed to find all the stray beads). Something that actually I can do something with.

But honestly trophies/achievements supposed to being something you can brag about to others, it makes sense to remove them if you use mods. You may not cheat but others will put stuff in that will make an achievement easier. And I can see BEthesda's point of view that they just don't have the time to screen every mod to make sure it can't be used to cheat for those mods. I mean if trophies/achievements have any meaning you lose it when you allow people to do stuff to the game to make the achievement easier to get than those who don't use the mod.

Just rush the Platinum before mods come out. It's super easy once you do Benevolent Leader.

Anyone getting error CE-34878-0 on ps4 all of a sudden? Making massive changes to sanctuary, dupe glitched a lot of supplies but i did this over 10 hours of game time ago. Keeps crashing to home all of a sudden. Is it just me?

Top Bottom