• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Then you didn't explore it good enough to get the other half of the story.

You must return.

not so much didn't explore it good, because I did, it's called context. I had no context prior to being at the other place and recognizing the name of the brewery which I had been at. I did search it because Tom or w/e his name was had an entry

"Somebody took down Jared. I hated that guy but he was no pushover"

I got smug again.

The Wasteland Chopper strikes again.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
ah jeez feel kinda shitty now

went through this base and killed the raiders. their leader was a woman

I enter her room and there are some letters from her sister saying how they're gonna kill her if she doesn't continue sending in supplies and that she loves her.

Fuck.
I experienced this same feeling after killing him her and all her men without mercy.

I would have talked to them...but they gave me no option, them sad feels for sure.

Nose Master

I enter her room and there are some letters from her sister saying how they're gonna kill her if she doesn't continue sending in supplies and that she loves her.

Fuck.

I uh, could help you feel better if you want.
You can find the other "half" of that quest.

My town of Sanctuary just got attacked by a load of Synths who came across the bridge that leads to the Vault. Well, blocked that approach now. Try that again, fuckers.

Steejee

Just spent close to an hour trying to get just one corner of my fence around the drive-in right. Still not perfect but I think it's good enough.

I was obsessing about having a proper protective wall that couldn't just be jumped over by raiders, or didn't leave an easy line of sight to shoot people from the hill right next to it, or had tiny gaps underneath parts. Completely pointless things to think about but I still obsessed over getting that protection just right.

Also redid a few walls when their straight line resulted in parts hovering a few feet off the ground. That was more aesthetics than anything else though. The little wood picket fence is good for concealing those sorts of issues without looking bad.

My town of Sanctuary just got attacked by a load of Synths who came across the bridge that leads to the Vault. Well, blocked that approach now. Try that again, fuckers.

Yeah i had some supermutants enter my base through a whole I had left open in my base for easier access for the caravans, lol no blocked it again

d00d3n

How many hours are left of the main story when you reach Diamond City? I had to leave the game after 80 hours of building settlements and doing radial busywork, but I am curious how quality content that I missed.

Finalow

so besides the fact that pretty much every shallow companion barely has any dialogue and joins you for no good reason as soon as he/she sees you, do you really have to max the friendship or whatever that is in order to unlock his/her quest (assuming there is one) or in order to get some information about the character? That does take quite some time and it's probably not even worth trying.

Saw on Reddit another similar shitty thing.

A raider Psycho kneeling in front of the grave of a friend.

so besides the fact that pretty much every shallow companion barely has any dialogue and joins you for no good reason as soon as he/she sees you, do you really have to max the friendship or whatever that is in order to unlock his/her quest (assuming there is one) or in order to get some information about the character? That does take quite some time and it's probably not even worth trying.

You don't have to max their relationship to learn about them, but you do need to increase their affection so they ask to talk with you.

And not every character is shallow. Cait and Nick Valentine have some pretty damn great stories and side missions to them.

Nose Master

All raiders attack you immediately, right? Kind of sucks, cause they have interesting interactions and stories, but immediately aggro when you get close to them. :(

All right.

Went ahead and bought Tinker Tom's special.

I'm just waiting to come across someone that has the same sniper type with a better scope (either night vision or commando/whatever the fuck) before I consider switching out the silenced pistol you get from them which has been incredibly helpful with dealing with far away turrets.

All raiders attack you immediately, right? Kind of sucks, cause they have interesting interactions and stories, but immediately aggro when you get close to them. :(

That's why if I hear them talking i wait

There was one base I snuck into that a raider lady was telling the story about a boy who was afraid of fire and an idiot dude kept interrupting her hahaha it was great.

then I murdered them in cold blood.

Melon Husk

Saw on Reddit another similar shitty thing.

A raider Psycho kneeling in front of the grave of a friend.

You don't have to max their relationship to learn about them, but you do need to increase their affection so they ask to talk with you.

And not every character is shallow. Cait and Nick Valentine have some pretty damn great stories and side missions to them.

They really missed an opportunity by not including a Raider Radio.

9xcdaz3.jpg

Anyone find this yet? Got a laugh outta me.

Nose Master

Mother fucker. Finally found my way to a quest marker door and it's right ahead of me...
fall through a little gap in the bridge down 100+ feet and die in a pile of skeletons.

Floody

I read that it's your charisma + 10.

I had some buginess where it reports an incorrect number on the map screen though. Visit the settlement in person to check the right number.

My Charisma is 10 and I checked in person (it was under attack) there was 28 people, could barely move. Weirdly they only need like 12 water and food to be happy, but 28 beds.

Mine keeps getting attacked by Radscorpions, they always dig under one of your houses and get stuck for a couple minutes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres anyone know if there are building "recipes" for commong stuff like sinks, computers, typewriters etc or do you have to lug them around?

well typewriters is a bad example but sinks, computers, those bathroom mirror cabinets, etc. everyday stuff

carlsojo

Fuck.

I found the raider leader you're talking about and eventually the raider who held her sister.

He had already killed her sister and was writing letters in her place so that he could continue to extort supplies from her. He's holed up in a brewery and wrote about putting her body in one of the vats... and commented that it improved the taste of the brew.

Finalow

now I got Strong.

"human, need to find milk"

press X to "ok, come with me"

*Strong joined you as a companion*

well, I got Cait's quest and then she was ''maxed'' after I was done with it and she explained more stuff, so if not max friendship I figured it was close to that.
and honestly I didn't see anything even close to being great in her quest or her story. the quest was
''go there kill some dudes and find me a cure because I'm a junkie, you know''
which is what I'd define shallow and uninteresting, basically a fetch quest that explains nothing whatsoever.
her story seemed a bit more interesting than most of the other characters' but it's still a pretty hackneyed drama and you hardly have any details since she literally has 3 lines about it, and obviously I haven't found quests related to that.
also I wasn't a fan of how they tried to push the romance or the ''best friends 4ever" in the end, maybe if I was using a female character things could have been different.

kiyomi

I found the raider leader you're talking about and eventually the raider who held her sister.

He had already killed her sister and was writing letters in her place so that he could continue to extort supplies from her. He's holed up in a brewery and wrote about putting her body in one of the vats... and commented that it improved the taste of the brew.

I actually tried to find the
body of the sister, I thought maybe I could check one of the vats, but I didn't find anything.. rip

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
My Charisma is 10 and I checked in person (it was under attack) there was 28 people, could barely move. Weirdly they only need like 12 water and food to be happy, but 28 beds.
Settlements don't need water or food as long as they have a supply line to one that does.

Useful to have a couple focused on farming so the rest don't have to worry about it.

d00d3n

Mother fucker. Finally found my way to a quest marker door and it's right ahead of me...
fall through a little gap in the bridge down 100+ feet and die in a pile of skeletons.

I loved when this happened after building a network of platforms, turrets, reactors and cables on top of Finch farm. Without saving ofc.

Rean

I've been having problems with the Shadows of Steel quest in which the game will freeze up on me
as I'm riding in the vertibird.
Am I just screwed out of the mission or can it be fixed somehow.

Alebrije

I bought a cow from some wanderer woman and sent it to Sanctuary , it is just walking around the place , can I do something with it?

Visited
the Glowing Sea
for the first time. Now that's what I call a fucking wasteland. I was running for my life till I found a neat set of power armor chilling in a cave.

Floody

Settlements don't need water or food as long as they have a supply line to one that does.

Useful to have a couple focused on farming so the rest don't have to worry about it.

Oh, didn't know that, I've just been putting a ton of water pumps in places with no water source, going to fill the Sanctuary river with water purifiers now.

Hasney

I bought a cow from some wanderer woman and sent it to Sanctuary , it is just walking around the place , can I do something with it?

She's a bitch, never shuts up about me mugging her. The woman, not the cow.

Her corpse is now on top of my bell in Sanctuary.

I don't think you can do anything with the cow though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah ive deffinately gone overboard on my settlement, Ive turned my game into the console version (this isnt a dig at the console version, im just saying its running at 30fps or less now >_>)

I guess that limit is there for a reason originally LOL

now I got Strong.

"human, need to find milk"

press X to "ok, come with me"

*Strong joined you as a companion*

well, I got Cait's quest and then she was ''maxed'' after I was done with it and she explained more stuff, so if not max friendship I figured it was close to that.
and honestly I didn't see anything even close to being great in her quest or her story. the quest was
''go there kill some dudes and find me a cure because I'm a junkie, you know''
which is what I'd define shallow and uninteresting, basically a fetch quest that explains nothing whatsoever.
her story seemed a bit more interesting than most of the other characters' but it's still a pretty hackneyed drama and you hardly have any details since she literally has 3 lines about it, and obviously I haven't found quests related to that.
also I wasn't a fan of how they tried to push the romance or the ''best friends 4ever" in the end, maybe if I was using a female character things could have been different.

You could boil down every mission to 'go to x and kill y maybe get z'

I'm not saying they're the best written characters in the history of video gaming but as far as characters in Fallout 4 go, Cait and Nick are two of the best companions. The rest tend to be bland.

Danj

Is it just me or are Assault Rifles godly? I just got one (because I have shitloads of 5.56 ammo so I figured I should have one) and it rips through Super Mutants and the like like nobody's business.

Top Bottom