• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

It's true. I met a named npc (can't remember his name) and he sold me a dog. You can send it to a settlement and the dog will add like 5 defense value to it.

His name is Gene and it's a random encounter.

Unfortunately once I discover a place I fast travel everywhere so I haven't seen many random encounters if at all.

On a side note this game loses a big part of the charm/survival mode when you become so OP you can 1-shot sentries, assaultrons, those roaming giant dudes, and deathclaws.

In the Glowing Sea if I saw a radscorpion or deathclaw I made them my bitch.

Legendary Albino Radscorpion?

I'm the Legendary Albino Wasteland Chopper, SNEAK FUCK ATTACK AHAAAAAAA

N° 2048

His name is Gene and it's a random encounter.

Unfortunately once I discover a place I fast travel everywhere so I haven't seen many random encounters if at all.

On a side note this game loses a big part of the charm/survival mode when you become so OP you can 1-shot sentries, assaultrons, those roaming giant dudes, and deathclaws.

In the Glowing Sea if I saw a radscorpion or deathclaw I made them my bitch.

Legendary Albino Radscorpion?

I'm the Legendary Albino Wasteland Chopper, SNEAK FUCK ATTACK AHAAAAAAA

Survival difficulty? I really hope they patch some difficulty stuff. One of the most common complaints.

Rocketz

Ok after putting in a few more hours the game is becoming more enjoyable. The first maybe 4-4.5 hours were not really fun. Its my first time playing Fallout so I'm still trying to learn the basics.

Xeteh

I'm getting pretty fed up with the framerate drops any time I go in to any densely populated area. I either have a decent framerate or I go outsite of Goodneighbor and my framerate hits single digits instantly. I just want to shoot things.

Survival just makes it where healing items don't do as much and more legendary people show up if I'm reading correctly. I'm playing on Very Hard. When i switched it didn't make a difference.

I've heard it makes nearly enemy a bullet sponge, doesn't seem that fun to me. Skyrim was the same, play it on the hardest difficulty and everything takes more damage and hits stupidly hard. Meh.

Whelp, I guess I'm done playing for now. I ended up getting the crash bug during the
Hunter/Hunted
quest. Even entering the area causes the game to either freeze or crash to the PS4 dashboard. It seems it's pretty widespread and no one knows specifically what causes it. I was able to explore the area when I loaded a save from about a week ago, but without knowing what exactly causes it, I simply can't progress further in the main story.

Have to wait for a patch to hopefully fix it, because I'm not doing all of that again.

Ahhh dang.

Well, shit. Me too. from Hard to Very Hard it is.

Changing difficulty might make a difference tbh. Next time I find a sentry or deathclaw I'll save, double check if I can 1-shot them in survival. If not, I might stay there.

The issue is that stealth melee you get 10x the damage plus any bonuses from doing it from far away with blitz, I'm also going to get bloody mess eventually, and my criticals do 2.5x damage.

So if I can only 1-shot these enemies with a critical I'll take it, but I'll also have skills that have a 35% chance refill my critical on a kill, and let me store like 3 criticals. I'll be unstoppable. I wish the game had more land bosses.

Or actually is there a list of big baddies across the wasteland you can fight similar to Swan or the Mirelurk Queen?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im actually thinking about starting a new settlement, mine is way too big now to delete (its modded so theres no build limit) and the frame rate is annoying now. I bet my next one would be better anyway since now I know what to do. First thing Ill do, or actually, WONT do, is make a wall around the settlement.

Cant believe how into this I am, especialyl 15 hours after I finished the actual game

That said, I cant imagine doing it without adding materials via console tbh

UberLevi

I'm honestly floored at how many people haven't bothered going to Diamond City yet. I feel like they're almost doing themselves a disservice. Where do you guys go to sell all your crap? Diamond City has like 5 vendors to unload all of your loot you don't want.

I'm honestly floored at how many people haven't bothered going to Diamond City yet. I feel like they're almost doing themselves a disservice. Where do you guys go to sell all your crap? Diamond City has like 5 vendors to unload all of your loot you don't want.

Seems to be almost a bragging point for some

"I'VE GONE 40 HOURS AND I HAVEN'T GONE TO DIAMOND CITY"

It's like, nobody really cares man. Go to it, it has some nice side content and characters. It's not like going there will make your friends think you aren't cool anymore.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the framerate drops any time I go in to any densely populated area. I either have a decent framerate or I go outsite of Goodneighbor and my framerate hits single digits instantly. I just want to shoot things.

Yeah happens to a lot of people way above recommended hardware like myself as well, the downtown boston/goodneighbour area is really bad, drops to 30 for me from 60+.

It's all related to shadow draw distance, if you reduce it to medium you won't get the low frames.

However, there is also this mod that dynamically reduces shadow draw distance when needed. Meaning, you can have ultra shadow draw distance if it finds you have 60 fps or whatever you set in the mod config file to target, if it detects your fps will drop in that area due to those shadows, it'll reduce the shadow draw distance so that you get 60 fps. It's not perfect because you will get that initial dip but after it adjusts it's fine. It beats having to set it to medium all the time and have shitty shadow distances all over the game when it only affects you in certain areas. The mod helps by making it dynamic.

N° 2048

I don't have to sell anything. I'm drowning in caps pre-Diamond City @ 52 hours in. I scrap most my stuff for mats.

I have at least 5000 caps and a ton of mats. The only thing I have a shortage of is leather, copper and oil because I love building lights and electric shit :p

Graygarden is basically an adhesive farm too. and Sanctuary a water purifier farm.

Xeteh

Yeah happens to a lot of people way above recommended hardware like myself as well, the downtown boston/goodneighbour area is really bad, drops to 30 for me from 60+.

It's all related to shadow draw distance, if you reduce it to medium you won't get the low frames.

However, there is also this mod that dynamically reduces shadow draw distance when needed. Meaning, you can have ultra shadow draw distance if it finds you have 60 fps or whatever you set in the mod config file to target, if it detects your fps will drop in that area due to those shadows, it'll reduce the shadow draw distance so that you get 60 fps. It's not perfect because you will get that initial dip but after it adjusts it's fine. It beats having to set it to medium all the time and have shitty shadow distances all over the game when it only affects you in certain areas. The mod helps by making it dynamic.

My PC isn't too hot but it should be enough to run FO4 on medium settings just fine but yeah, it chugs in the expected areas. I've already turned a bunch of stuff down and it still runs like crap in those places. It is super frustrating, Witcher 3 and MGS5 both look far better and run far smoother than this.

Beefy

The Diner is were I trade and the loot I don't want I scrap. I just got losted exploring tbh.

Alebrije

It's true. I met a named npc (can't remember his name) and he sold me a dog. You can send it to a settlement and the dog will add like 5 defense value to it.

Fuck that guy , he hesitated and did not wanted to see the Dog , even after he asked for a nice sum of caps....

N° 2048

The Diner is were I trade and the loot I don't want I scrap. I just got losted exploring tbh.

Yep.

repost:
W6KrV63.png

Finalow

You could boil down every mission to 'go to x and kill y maybe get z'

I'm not saying they're the best written characters in the history of video gaming but as far as characters in Fallout 4 go, Cait and Nick are two of the best companions. The rest tend to be bland.
they might be the best companions in the game but that doesn't automatically mean they're well written or interesting, which was my initial complaint in the post. (haven't played enough with Nick to get his quest, though)

and there are ways to make such missions interesting and worth playing. e.g. The Silver Shroud, which was really nice. the problem is when it's just "go there take x or kill y" and there is nothing to it. if they weren't lazy or hired competent writers they could have made some worthwhile companion quests or backstories. as I wrote a few days ago, they went for quantity over quality, which sucks

Nose Master

Man, Nick loves sittin'. I geek out everytime I'm in a conversation and I see him in the background bumrush dudes and furniture over to have a sit down.

they might be the best companions in the game but that doesn't automatically mean they're well written or interesting, which was my initial complaint in the post. (haven't played enough with Nick to get his quest, though)

and there are ways to make such missions interesting and worth playing. e.g. The Silver Shroud, which was really nice. the problem is when it's just "go there take x or kill y" and there is nothing to it. if they weren't lazy or hired competent writers they could have made some worthwhile companion quests or backstories. as I wrote a few days ago, they went for quantity over quality, which sucks

It's just so sporadic which quests will be well written, and which will be "DEM GHOULZ R ATTACKIN AGIN PAW." Compared to something like Witcher 3 which is, more or less, constantly well-written... it's definitely disappointing. That said, I do have almost 60 hours and I'm still consuming this world whole, so. There's that.

I wouldn't mind more missions that could be completed with dialogue or by doing side objectives. I like options.

j-wood

How are you guys storing bobble heads on a shelf or whatnot? My game is telling me I can't drop them...

Also, I can put the magazines I've gotten on a shelf and still keep the perk right?

What do you guys use your .38 ammo for?

I keep a pipe pistol simply because I have 1168 ammo for it but it's getting harder to kill anything with it. Is it better to just sell off the ammo?

Xeteh

What do you guys use your .38 ammo for?

I keep a pipe pistol simply because I have 1168 ammo for it but it's getting harder to kill anything with it. Is it better to just sell off the ammo?

I just sell it, yeah. That is 1168 caps worth so you can buy other ammo with it if need be or junk for crafting etc.

Tainted

How are you guys storing bobble heads on a shelf or whatnot? My game is telling me I can't drop them...

Also, I can put the magazines I've gotten on a shelf and still keep the perk right?

The bobblehead and magazine stands are craftable under Furniture / shelves iirc

Ultimadrago

For those that finished the Silver Shroud Quest and
Convinced Kent to return
. I noticed the station came back on while I was on the game's final mission, but now that I'm trying to hunt him afterwards, he's not in the Memory Den.

Where the hell did he go?

I don't have to sell anything. I'm drowning in caps pre-Diamond City @ 52 hours in. I scrap most my stuff for mats.

I have at least 5000 caps and a ton of mats. The only thing I have a shortage of is leather, copper and oil because I love building lights and electric shit :p

Graygarden is basically an adhesive farm too. and Sanctuary a water purifier farm.

How do you get purified water?

I built a water purifyer in the river at Sanctuary but how do I get water out of it?

I just sell it, yeah. That is 1168 caps worth so you can buy other ammo with it if need be or junk for crafting etc.

That's what I was thinking. I keep an eye out for a gun that can use it but it looks like it's only pipe weapons and I think the damage caps out around the high 20's. No point in keeping it, I guess.

Reule

Anyone romance multiple companions yet? I'm with Cait right now but thinking of bringing in Curie into this little love triangle.

Anyone romance multiple companions yet? I'm with Cait right now but thinking of bringing in Curie into this little love triangle.

My guy has romanced all three ladies.

No issues whatsoever.

In fact in my cabin I have my own room and three beds, all three of them sleep there.

I choose which bed to sleep on when I come back.

Dogmeat isn't necessary, when my vault dweller is a DOOOOOOOOOOOOG

Ken

Survival difficulty? I really hope they patch some difficulty stuff. One of the most common complaints.

I think Sneak just tips into imbalanced territory once you get it to rank 4. It goes from making stealth a pain when people can hear your crouched footsteps on a different floor to not even being able to see you a foot away while getting shot at.

UCBooties

OK, once I have a mod in my inventory how do I apply it to another piece?

My friend just pulled a hardened mod off of a Raider chest piece to experiment and now it's in his inventory but when he tried to apply a hardened mod to something it still wanted the material cost. What do you do with mods in inventory to apply them to new weapons or armor?

I think Sneak just tips into imbalanced territory once you get it to rank 4. It goes from making stealth a pain when people can hear your crouched footsteps on a different floor to not even being able to see you a foot away while getting shot at.

Sneak+ninja+melee = broken as fuck

and that's not even taking into account grim reaper's sprint and critical banker/better criticals, which I'll have all maxed out within the next 8 levels lol

N° 2048

Brakke

Banned
Is there a way to cancel Local Leader supply caravans?

Goddamn this game needs a better way to manage settlements. Kind of. I guess. It's weird because managing settlements doesn't actually matter. It works well enough that you can get the small benefit out of it pretty easily. But fuck if I don't want to have very granular control anyway just for the aesthetic satisfaction.

Dogmeat isn't necessary, when my vault dweller is a DOOOOOOOOOOOOG

1) good job
2)
image.php

When you're just exploring and not expecting to find anything worthy...(and to think i almost pressed B, thinking this was just another uninterestig pipe pistol or something.)

vxFn2CH.jpg

Oh and this...hell yes.

lfKYyAq.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
I'm LVL 41 and I'm surprised that I haven't really encountered any beefier enemies yet. I've heard about Chameleon/Matriarch Deathclaws, SM Warlords, and tougher variants of the Ghouls, but I've mostly been encountering the same type of enemies throughout.

Do I have to advance further in the main story? I've done the 'Chip' quest and have to head back to the Glowing Sea.

EDIT: Also, are weapon stats tied to the Perks? I haven't seen noticeable increases in my firepower at LVL 41.

Top Bottom