• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Animator

Kinda bored with this game already. It sucks that all the side quests are literally the same so far, it is either "go here and kill a bunch of enemies and go back and talk to Preston to hear the same speech" or "collect X from Y for the brotherhood" Am I missing some variety because I haven't met certain NPC's yet or is that all the game offers?

I'm LVL 41 and I'm surprised that I haven't really encountered any beefier enemies yet. I've heard about Chameleon/Matriarch Deathclaws, SM Warlords, and tougher variants of the Ghouls, but I've mostly been encountering the same type of enemies throughout.

Do I have to advance further in the main story? I've done the 'Chip' quest and have to head back to the Glowing Sea.

EDIT: Also, are weapon stats tied to the Perks? I haven't seen noticeable increases in my firepower at LVL 41.

Increase the difficulty if you have not done so already. On survival there are at least one or two legendary enemies on every location.

So figure this is the place to ask.

Can I keep playing after doing the last main story quest?

Also what's the name of the last main quest?

I'm about to start
the nuclear option, am I nearly finished the main questline or no?

Thanks for any help!

Kinda bored with this game already. It sucks that all the side quests are literally the same so far, it is either "go here and kill a bunch of enemies and go back and talk to Preston to hear the same speech" or "collect X from Y for the brotherhood" Am I missing some variety because I haven't met certain NPC's yet or is that all the game offers?

if you're only gotten those side missions from factions, advance in the story.

So figure this is the place to ask.

Can I keep playing after doing the last main story quest?

Also what's the name of the last main quest?

I'm about to start
the nuclear option, am I nearly finished the main questline or no?

Thanks for any help!

I tried 3 different
endings
and in all of them
you can still play after the end

Arjen

Anyone have any experience with those interval switches? I can't seem to get the timing down. I have multiple I want to start and stop at certain interval but I can't seem to get them to align properly.

ryan299

Half of my companions have disappeared from Sanctuary. Dogmeat is gone, I sent Piper back so I could recruit this other person and now she's gone. What's going on?

Question on Fallout veterans.

I'm still pretty noob. What is the point of sneaking? So far I don't think I've been able to do silent kills or anything. Are there silencers later? Seems to me I'm always getting in a firefight with 4 guys at a time and losing a lot of health.

Half of my companions have disappeared from Sanctuary. Dogmeat is gone, I sent Piper back so I could recruit this other person and now she's gone. What's going on?

Did you free Yurt?

Ultimadrago

For those that finished the Silver Shroud Quest and
Convinced Kent to return
. I noticed the station came back on while I was on the game's final mission, but now that I'm trying to hunt him afterwards, he's not in the Memory Den.

Where the hell did he go?

Okay, I found him. He's still
in the hospital you saved him at
for some odd reason...Go Home, Roger!

neoism

Holy shit the charisma video that played at the beginning of the game was funny as shit and well animated ..lol

1064055-yurt.jpg
No idea who that is. I just recruited
Curie
and sent Piper back to Sanctuary. Now some of the missing ones showed up but she's still gone.

UCBooties

How do I apply mods in my inventory to other weapons or armor? When I try at the crafting bench to apply a mod I have to a weapon it still lists the component cost.

Xeteh

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

where?

Likely a drop off a random legendary enemy.

Question on Fallout veterans.

I'm still pretty noob. What is the point of sneaking? So far I don't think I've been able to do silent kills or anything. Are there silencers later? Seems to me I'm always getting in a firefight with 4 guys at a time and losing a lot of health.

Sneaking is pretty weak in the early ranks. You have to stay far away and move extremely slowly so enemies won't see you. By the time you get rank 4 sneaking enemies can be a foot away running around trying to find you while you're crouched out in the open. It is pretty silly. There are silencers for almost every weapon, including the pipe weapons. You can generally find one from a vendor and if its the same weapon type as a weapon you're using you can swap it over or level Gun Nut to put suppressors on your guns.

Rizific

How do I apply mods in my inventory to other weapons or armor? When I try at the crafting bench to apply a mod I have to a weapon it still lists the component cost.
Mods can only go onto the same armor/weapon type and you need to unequip the mod first before applying it to another item.

I've been hearing that there is a certain point in the main quests where further progression will lock you out of content.
Is that true? If so,
could maybe somebody tell me the name of the quest not to do? I'm talking to Virgil after I had gotten the chip decoded. The Molecular Level I believe it's called.

Hubble

Geez how many Preston settlement quests are there? I want to complete all the sidequests before moving to the main quest, and they just keep on coming and coming. Getting repetitive and frustrating by now.

UberLevi

Geez how many Preston settlement quests are there? I want to complete all the sidequests before moving to the main quest, and they just keep on coming and coming. Getting repetitive and frustrating by now.

Repeatable quest. They don't end. It's just a source of farming caps and XP.

theytookourjobz

I've been hearing that there is a certain point in the main quests where further progression will lock you out of content.
Is that true? If so,
could maybe somebody tell me the name of the quest not to do? I'm talking to Virgil after I had gotten the chip decoded. The Molecular Level I believe it's called.

pretty sure it's right after you build the teleporter.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm LVL 41 and I'm surprised that I haven't really encountered any beefier enemies yet. I've heard about Chameleon/Matriarch Deathclaws, SM Warlords, and tougher variants of the Ghouls, but I've mostly been encountering the same type of enemies throughout.

Do I have to advance further in the main story? I've done the 'Chip' quest and have to head back to the Glowing Sea.

EDIT: Also, are weapon stats tied to the Perks? I haven't seen noticeable increases in my firepower at LVL 41.

The stats can be affected by perks, yeah. One I pumped more points into rifleman, bloody mess, sandman, etc. it made my sniper do waaaaay more damage.

Xeteh

Why is it when I steal in vault 81 while hidden after awhile I suddenly get aggroed?

A bug. I have the same issue on one of my characters in Bunker Hill. No NPCs remotely near me much less in sight but the moment I walk towards an NPC after stealing something they all open fire on me.

painey

so after playing through the Railroad ending, I got
the railway gun
. Is there any way to get this without allying with them? coz it's the shit

Xeteh

Eh, I dunno, I know it's not that huge of an issue, but there is a ton of 'good' scrap in 81 (microscopes, camera etc)

There's a short questline in Vault 81 that once you finish will ally you with them and you can loot pretty much anything that isn't in someone's room.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Seems to be almost a bragging point for some

"I'VE GONE 40 HOURS AND I HAVEN'T GONE TO DIAMOND CITY"

It's like, nobody really cares man. Go to it, it has some nice side content and characters. It's not like going there will make your friends think you aren't cool anymore.

Yea I don't get that lol

Jisgsaw

Welp, Danse affinity is completely bugged for me.

I'm at 999, no way to bring it further up, even when the prompt "Danson liked/loved that" appears. Tried setting it a bit lower at 990 via console commands, still stucks at 999. Putting it to 1000 doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?

Without mentioning specifics to not have spoilers, I am trying to get settlements unlocked so I can link everything as circularly as possible. I came to a settlement, and there was nothing obvious to get it to become allied with me. Upon googling it, it turns out I already cleared out the location they would have sent me to and they are not asking for help. Is this just something I have to wait to pop up and that place will repopulate? Or are things borked because I did it "out of order" as it were?

Lanrutcon

Welp, Danse affinity is completely bugged for me.

I'm at 999, no way to bring it further up, even when the prompt "Danson liked/loved that" appears. Tried setting it a bit lower at 990 via console commands, still stucks at 999. Putting it to 1000 doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?

Hey! How do I check the affinity with console commands?

Top Bottom