• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Kaname

Are the BoS secondary quests the only way to get a [cleared] on most of the map areas? And will I be locked out of them if I decide not to side with them at the end of the main storyline? I know it's not something really important but it triggers my OCD a bit to not see everything perfectly completed lol

Starting to run into enemies that use Fat Man launchers. ( ⁰д⁰)

Also, for some reason the game is giving me the opportunity to repeat that Diamond City baseball quest, even though I've already done it. I don't know if that'd be a good idea.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone know if settlement...shards for lack of a better word only affect the area itself, performance wise? like, I put so much shit in my first settlement that the performance is actually starting to take a hit (like I said earlier), but out and about the game goes back to 60 (in fact thats how I noticed it, I went and do a quest and came back and the difference was jarring)

so hopefully if I start over in a new place for a second settlement the first one shouldnt affect performance right? I have no idea how the engine works

Finalow

I wouldn't mind more missions that could be completed with dialogue or by doing side objectives. I like options.
not sure what that does have anything to do with my other post but I agree, this game lacks actual options during the dialogues or during quests. you tell them ''fuck off'' and most of the time it's the same as telling them ''yes, sure I'll do it" or going SARCASM. stat checks is basically only charisma for more caps or information.
obviously haven't tried everything but you probably can't even talk out of any battle. in New Vegas you could do that even with what was considered the fucking final boss, and he gives you a hell of a speech too.

edit/ also filler quests, I don't know who in the team had the idea to put those in the game but imo they should fire him.

Half of my companions have disappeared from Sanctuary. Dogmeat is gone, I sent Piper back so I could recruit this other person and now she's gone. What's going on?

Did you check the dog houses? I destroyed all the extra dog houses and put one next to the spawn point

Wow. I just spent hours doing his quests without proceeding to the main storyline. HOURS. I like to do all the side quests first and that was crap. Huge waste of time today.

Not really you've just earned loads of perks and caps. That's no bad thing in a game with no level cap.

Ultimadrago

Wow. I just spent hours doing his quests without proceeding to the main storyline. HOURS. I like to do all the side quests first and that was crap. Huge waste of time today.

Yeah, I got caught in that trap with a few missions too. In retrospect, it was rather easy to spot, but I let my guard down. Bethesda's Infinite Quests bullshit.

Kaname

not sure what that does have anything to do with my other post but I agree, this game lacks actual options during the dialogues or during quests. you tell them ''fuck off'' and most of the time it's the same as telling them ''yes, sure I'll do it" or going SARCASM. stat checks is basically only charisma for more caps or information.
obviously haven't tried everything but you probably can't even talk out of any battle. in New Vegas you could do that even with what was considered the fucking final boss, and he gives you a hell of a speech too.

Most impactful charisma challenges that I found allowed me to skip some steps to get a quest done. Too bad considering the poor dialogue that followed it was probably better to do the quest the normal way lol

ckohler

Yeah, I got caught in that trap with a few missions too. In retrospect, it was rather easy to spot, but I let my guard down. Bethesda's Infinite Quests bullshit.

How do you spot them? I've been doing a lot of Minute Men quests but so far they all seem like non-repeating quests because they are at undiscovered locations.

xCobalt

So I just got my first companion, Strong. For some reason, he doesn't seem to do anything in combat. I give him weapons but he just stays back and follows me with his sledgehammer. What am I missing?

Edit: the weapons I give him are equipped but are unequipped again if I check his inventory

Xeteh

So I just got my first companion, Strong. For some reason, he doesn't seem to do anything in combat. I give him weapons but he just stays back and follows me with his sledgehammer. What am I missing?

You have to tell companions to equip things and they'll just go back to their default weapons when they don't have ammo for it. Plus companion AI is absolutely awful so don't be surprised if you find them in a corner staring at the wall.

Kaname

Edit: the weapons I give him are equipped but are unequipped again if I check his inventory

Need to give him ammo I think.

J4mm1nJ03

Half of my companions have disappeared from Sanctuary. Dogmeat is gone, I sent Piper back so I could recruit this other person and now she's gone. What's going on?

Yeah, my Piper is nowhere to be found. :/ She disappeared at some point after I fast travelled. Checked her house, checked the detective agency. Took a different companion and sent her to Sanctuary. Slept for days and rang the bell. Nothing. Checked another spot in Diamond city that people said you may find her in order to trigger a quest and nothing. She was my main companion so this is killing the game for me right now. I'm on PS4 so I can't use any console commands either. Hopefully they can patch this.

Hahs

Without mentioning specifics to not have spoilers, I am trying to get settlements unlocked so I can link everything as circularly as possible. I came to a settlement, and there was nothing obvious to get it to become allied with me. Upon googling it, it turns out I already cleared out the location they would have sent me to and they are not asking for help. Is this just something I have to wait to pop up and that place will repopulate? Or are things borked because I did it "out of order" as it were?
Preston's settlement missions rotate. Keep at it, you should eventually get a request to 'officially' check it out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant decide on lighthouse or courpe manor for my second settlement. Manor has nice realestate, and a 3 story house already there...except its full of holes. Which is actually a cool challenge, putting up floors and shit to cover the holes and try to make it preasentable.

Lighthouse is cool but the Lighthouse itself doesnt have much to do with, and theres alot of wharf space which isnt my jap.

Im actually more into the "treehouse, ewok style" settlement than "big multi floor house" one after making my frist one. I was really getting into making walkways and shit but by then I already had my giant manor and my giant wall around it so performance was going to shit.

Next time, no walls (or minimal at least) around the perimeter, and ewok village style from the start! Hmm I could make something with ladders wrapping around the lighthouse and make the small houses and shit there.

That sounds like a plan!

Pogonip

Neo Member
Anyone know a good place to find/buy concrete for settlements? I've cleaned out Sanctuary, Red Rocket, Starlight Drive (the three settlements I have linked at the moment) of all the concrete they have and I'm having trouble finding some now.

I need more so I can build more foundations and make my buildings not look like they're floating 4 feet above ground.

N° 2048

Anyone know a good place to find/buy concrete for settlements? I've cleaned out Sanctuary, Red Rocket, Starlight Drive (the three settlements I have linked at the moment) of all the concrete they have and I'm having trouble finding some now.

I need more so I can build more foundations and make my buildings not look like they're floating 4 feet above ground.

Another hard one, concrete. You can get shipments from vendors or use the other foundation piece which doesn't use concrete i think.

I find the bags of concrete you can pick up to be rare :(

Chabbles

In the pipboy, in the inventory section, theres a "mod" section. I've got a bunch of mods in there, whats the story with them ?, can they be used at a bench somehow ?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

where?

I believe it was a Legendary Super Mutant man. It was in the Layton Towers, i believe on the roof or at least where two Super Mutants guard the place.

Holy crap, i am only level 16 and i was going to continue with the Taking Independence quest, not knowing i would face a level 50 boss fight later on. This game just doesn't tell you if a quest is going to be suitable for you. I have to adjust to that after Witcher 3.

N° 2048

In the pipboy, in the inventory section, theres a "mod" section. I've got a bunch of mods in there, whats the story with them ?, can they be used at a bench somehow ?
Those are weapon mods not in use.

You can sell em, hoard em or save em for when you pick up a weapon of the same class.

I believe it was a Legendary Super Mutant man. It was in the Layton Towers, i believe on the roof or at least where two Super Mutants guard the place.

Holy crap, i am only level 16 and i was going to continue with the Taking Independence quest, not knowing i would face a level 50 boss fight later on. This game just doesn't tell you if a quest is going to be suitable for you. I have to adjust to that after Witcher 3.

And yea nothing like walking up to a place and getting fucking wrecked lol before you can blink.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I've got an annoying bug, it seems when I leave sanctuary the game stops counting most of the things there, my defence drops, all the beds disappear, and there no food. I go back and the numbers are back up and it's all there, it's like the game isn't keeping proper track of it or something, but it is seemingly making the happiness drop to the 40s every time I leave.

Very annoying, can't seem to see why it's started happening.

Also, are there no displays to use in this for find or clothes? They had them in Skyrim, it's a shame they didn't continue it, would have liked to have some outfits on show or some weapons on the wall. They've got some weapons on the wall during the menu sequence, but the tool board holding thing isn't something you can build from what I can see and the ones in settlements can't be used for anything but scrapping.

lfKYyAq.jpg

got one of those swords, mines freeze enemies though.

gLXebDi.png

Starting to run into enemies that use Fat Man launchers. ( ⁰д⁰)

Also, for some reason the game is giving me the opportunity to repeat that Diamond City baseball quest, even though I've already done it. I don't know if that'd be a good idea.

I did it again. Some quick and easy caps and experience. Nothing negative happened.

BLunted

Banned
What should I start speccing if I want to use VATs more? Agility or Luck?

I go Agility to 5 for Action Boy/Girl and Luck to 9 for Four Leaf Clover. I tried a perception build, but didnt find the concentrated fire worth the point investment.

My initial build was:
S: 2 (3 with You're Special book)
P: 3 (4 with bobblehead for lockpicking)
E: 3 (Life giver and damage resist)
C: 1 (no settlements for me)
I: 5 (up to scrapper. Science later with bobblhead, but ballistics doesn't really use science other than scopes)
A: 5 (action boy/girl and decent AP pool)
L: 9 (all the glorious perks in Luck. I love this tree)

once you get to like level 20, you are practically chaining crits.

justjim89

What do I do when a piece of my power armor completely breaks? Do I just repair it still or do I have to buy a new part?

It's really stupid that power armor is the only armor in the game that breaks. Go all or nothing, Bethesda. Otherwise it just seems silly.

Preston lost his weapon somehow... I might have sold it. How can I get another one for him? He is using 10mm pistol right now, I want his infinite ammo rifle back.

BLunted

Banned
What do I do when a piece of my power armor completely breaks? Do I just repair it still or do I have to buy a new part?

It's really stupid that power armor is the only armor in the game that breaks. Go all or nothing, Bethesda. Otherwise it just seems silly.

just need to repair it

Those are weapon mods not in use.

You can sell em, hoard em or save em for when you pick up a weapon of the same class.

And yea nothing like walking up to a place and getting fucking wrecked lol before you can blink.

Yeah.....i was like...''Damn, this creature's big, let's see what her level is....50?!!!!!!''. good thing i save A LOT.

got one of those swords, mines freeze enemies though.

gLXebDi.png

Oh damn, that's sick. Yeah i like these melee. It kinda brings some Elder Scrolls into your Fallout. :)

vocab

Preston lost his weapon somehow... I might have sold it. How can I get another one for him? He is using 10mm pistol right now, I want his infinite ammo rifle back.

I think equipping weapons on companions is broken right now. Because they refuse to use what I give them after equipping.

Wanace

I've got an annoying bug, it seems when I leave sanctuary the game stops counting most of the things there, my defence drops, all the beds disappear, and there no food. I go back and the numbers are back up and it's all there, it's like the game isn't keeping proper track of it or something, but it is seemingly making the happiness drop to the 40s every time I leave.

Very annoying, can't seem to see why it's started happening.

Also, are there no displays to use in this for find or clothes? They had them in Skyrim, it's a shame they didn't continue it, would have liked to have some outfits on show or some weapons on the wall. They've got some weapons on the wall during the menu sequence, but the tool board holding thing isn't something you can build from what I can see and the ones in settlements can't be used for anything but scrapping.

Happens to me too I discovered yesterday.

Anyone know a shop where I can buy wood? I'm completely out. :(

Top Bottom