• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

So the game tells me i've spent two days, 6 hours and 34 minutes in this game. I think it's time to check that place out called....errrr....Diamond City for the first time, haha damn.

Pilgrimzero

What does the power armor do for you any ways? I ran around in my x01 and never had a piece break yet I still had to heal hp damage.

Should it Not blow through the armors hp first before going into mine?

bati

Has anyone on the PC used the respec tool yet? I'm getting really tired of my luck crit build and would like to shuffle my stats and perks to accommodate a non-vats playstyle. Same amount of SPECIAL and perks, charisma at same level, etc. I am however worried about things like settlement connections (Local Leader 2) and objects that require perks before they can be built.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or manually removing and then adding perks via console for that matter?

This never worked for me. They use the ammo and swap back.

But yeah, you need to give your companions ammo so they use the weapons you give them.

Yea, Preston is using the 10mm pistol and has a stash of 10mm ammo in his inv.

Problem is I want him to go back to that infinite ammo musket... but I cannot find it.

Is there a console command to spawn it?

DEO3

Yeah happens to a lot of people way above recommended hardware like myself as well, the downtown boston/goodneighbour area is really bad, drops to 30 for me from 60+.

It's all related to shadow draw distance, if you reduce it to medium you won't get the low frames.

However, there is also this mod that dynamically reduces shadow draw distance when needed. Meaning, you can have ultra shadow draw distance if it finds you have 60 fps or whatever you set in the mod config file to target, if it detects your fps will drop in that area due to those shadows, it'll reduce the shadow draw distance so that you get 60 fps. It's not perfect because you will get that initial dip but after it adjusts it's fine. It beats having to set it to medium all the time and have shitty shadow distances all over the game when it only affects you in certain areas. The mod helps by making it dynamic.

Thanks for this post, this mod works miracles.

Xeteh

Problem is I want him to go back to that infinite ammo musket... but I cannot find it.

Just take the pistol away from him. Its his default weapon so if he has nothing else he'll use that instead.

Does anyone know when I can start upgrading my clothes via the
Railroad
? I've done 4 missions for
PAM
already.

You don't (as far as I know) do any upgrading. The further you progress through their quests Tom will upgrade his stock and he'll have the upgraded clothes for purchase.

Wanace

Take away the 10mm and he should just revert to the musket automatically? I'm not sure but I think he doesn't have the musket in his inventory in my game either.

Welp, Danse affinity is completely bugged for me.

I'm at 999, no way to bring it further up, even when the prompt "Danson liked/loved that" appears. Tried setting it a bit lower at 990 via console commands, still stucks at 999. Putting it to 1000 doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?

Danse has a quest attached to him that you have to finish before you can max out his affinity.

Taken from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Danse. (Spoilers there, of course [Like, real big spoilers])

"It is impossible to max out your relationship with Danse before completing Blind Betrayal."

I am starting to wonder why i even bother with guns like the Institute rifle and Laser rifles, cause for some reason i barely find any Cell ammo and Trashcan Carla and that diner don't seem to sell them. Diamond City i hope, or else i'll just throw these weapons in the bench for a while.

Xeteh

Take away the 10mm and he should just revert to the musket automatically? I'm not sure but I think he doesn't have the musket in his inventory in my game either.

None of the companions do. Its weird, you can steal their outfits by forcing them to equip something else but their default weapons aren't items for whatever reason.

Breads

Banned
Just take the pistol away from him. Its his default weapon so if he has nothing else he'll use that instead.

You don't (as far as I know) do any upgrading. The further you progress through their quests Tom will upgrade his stock and he'll have the upgraded clothes for purchase.

Yeah once you talk to Tom and he has them for sale you're able to craft the upgraded items.

Yesterday I discovered you can upgrade this.

M52S86f.jpg

Hat + Fatigues = 220/220 defense BEFORE over armor.

Ken

I am starting to wonder why i even bother with guns like the Institute rifle and Laser rifles, cause for some reason i barely find any Cell ammo and Trashcan Carla and that diner don't seem to sell them. Diamond City i hope, or else i'll just throw these weapons in the bench for a while.

Kill synths for cells lol.

Xeteh

Yeah once you talk to Tom and he has them for sale you're able to craft the upgraded items.

Oh wow, I had no idea you could do that. That is really cool. Railroad is the faction my completed game stuck with but it seems to be the best one from what I've seen.

That is awesome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck tree houses, we got lighthouse...houses baby!

very early, just the "skeleton" so roughly

and yes already made a little bridge back to the house :)

I cant explain how much into this I am, its like im playing with Legos all over again. I now understand people that do this shit in Minecraft (not comparing, just saying I get whats fun about it when a game also clicks with you)

so yeah, it was already my GOTY, now...well its still my GOTY :)

R0ckman

Man, codsworth kicks Feral Ghoul ass. They pile on him and he drops them like a machine, (well obviously lol). Taking him into Ghoul infested dungeons from now on.

ito007

cant decide on lighthouse or courpe manor for my second settlement. Manor has nice realestate, and a 3 story house already there...except its full of holes. Which is actually a cool challenge, putting up floors and shit to cover the holes and try to make it preasentable.

Lighthouse is cool but the Lighthouse itself doesnt have much to do with, and theres alot of wharf space which isnt my jap.

Im actually more into the "treehouse, ewok style" settlement than "big multi floor house" one after making my frist one. I was really getting into making walkways and shit but by then I already had my giant manor and my giant wall around it so performance was going to shit.

Next time, no walls (or minimal at least) around the perimeter, and ewok village style from the start! Hmm I could make something with ladders wrapping around the lighthouse and make the small houses and shit there.

That sounds like a plan!
How do you end up getting the lighthouse settlement? I cleared the area but haven't been awarded with it yet. Is this type of stuff level locked? because I am level 21 right now if that matters

Strange. You can upgrade the military gear but not the military cap that's silly. I need to have the full set.

Beefy

Get the Scavenger perk. I have 3000 laser ammo.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Man, they should let you use the Workshop in the basement of Coup's Manor. That would make that settlement really unique.

Prodigal

Banned
Man I have 60 hours logged and have only used dogmeat for a companion and only used the power armor once in one of the early missions. Feels like I could be missing out on stuff but I haven't found the need to switch it up. Still having a blast!

Xeteh

Get the Scavenger perk. I have 3000 laser ammo.

I wish there was a respec option because I picked up Scrounger rank 2 because I wanted to use Shotguns exclusively... didn't help at all, I just ended up with a ton of useless ammo that I sold. Granted it let me buy shells but I'd have to hit up every vendor constantly because they none carry too many and I'd still run out constantly.

Man I have 60 hours logged and have only used dogmeat for a companion and only used the power armor once in one of the early missions. Feels like I could be missing out on stuff but I haven't found the need to switch it up. Still having a blast!

You're fine. If you find a mission where you're having issues with then using the power armor and going back is a viable option but since it is restricted by how many Fusion Cores you have you aren't really expected to use it constantly. As for Dogmeat, I can't stand the random sounds he makes constantly. I always think something is happening each time he whines or barks and I end up dropping him immediately.

Coroner

Banned
Just got a bugged mission and got stuck in a location you can only fast travel from, have to load about 2 hours back.

Thanks Bethesda!

Beefy

I wish there was a respec option because I picked up Scrounger rank 2 because I wanted to use Shotguns exclusively... didn't help at all, I just ended up with a ton of useless ammo that I sold. Granted it let me buy shells but I'd have to hit up every vendor constantly because they none carry too many and I'd still run out constantly.

I have level 4 Scrounger perk. I have like 900 shotgun. My lowest amount of ammo is the plasma rifle and even that is 300.

Xeteh

I have level 4 Scrounger perk. I have like 900 shotgun. My lowest amount of ammo is the plasma rifle and even that is 300.

I can't imagine you're using the shotgun constantly, though. I finished a mission against a bunch of raiders and didn't loot a single shell with those two points, I ended up with 4 ammo left.

Beefy

I can't imagine you're using the shotgun constantly, though. I finished a mission against a bunch of raiders and didn't loot a single shell with those two points, I ended up with 4 ammo left.

The perk tries to limit the amount of ammo you use more. So all you do is switch it to another gun when you are not fighting etc. Then the ammo of the gun you need will show up more.

I have a question about the story.

I just MAJOR STORY SPOILER BUT NOT ENDING-RELATED:
constructed the Signal Interruptor and teleported into the Institute, talked to Father, Doctor Li, etc.

How far am I through the story? 50%? 70%? I'm 19 hours in and haven't done much besides the story missions so I'm pretty curious.

Also, if someone could PM me or reply to this post (without any spoilers) who I should side with to not feel like a dick at the end of the game, please tell me. I don't want to know what happens but at the same time I want to make the right decision. Every group seems so grey area...

Watevaman

Finally just walking through the downtown area and I'm coming across a good chunk of legendary enemies and finally getting some better equipment. Feels good.

N° 2048

Order Up side quest when you first go to the Diner is funny with high Charisma. Made the dude run away and took his caps.

fuck tree houses, we got lighthouse...houses baby!

very early, just the "skeleton" so roughly

and yes already made a little bridge back to the house :)

I cant explain how much into this I am, its like im playing with Legos all over again. I now understand people that do this shit in Minecraft (not comparing, just saying I get whats fun about it when a game also clicks with you)

so yeah, it was already my GOTY, now...well its still my GOTY :)

Good start. I wish they would have added support columns for us to use. It really bothers me to have floating pieces, so I end up trying to make other pieces look like they are support. Ending in something undesirable looking.

Giever

Is there a way to actually hang things like tools and weapons on the tool racks, like it shows in the intro? Some are automatically hanging on some tool racks, and you can take them off, but I don't know how to put them back on again. (To be fair, I haven't really tried very hard either, just wondering.)

Oh snap.....seems like i have a human companion AND Dogmeat...i shit you not.

Basically i was busy with the Taking Independence quest and basically before the
Mirelurk Queen fight
i decided to head back (level 16 versus level 50 is not my idea of fun, lol) and do so some other quests. After a while i noticed Preston was still following me and Dogmeat. I also fast travelled back to Sanctuary for a few things and then headed to Diamond City for the first time. Guess what, he's still following me and helping me :)

eyeless

hey, just wondering if someone can give me an idea of about how much of the main quest i've completed. the last main quest i finished was
"dangerous minds"
. thanks.

Just about level 60, (thanks Idiot Savant!) and I've still only found 1 .50 caliber weapon and that's just an upgrade for the hunting rifle. I take it there aren't any other .50 caliber weapons in the game? I have 2,600 rounds that are barely getting used.

Alucrid

Banned
Just about level 60, (thanks Idiot Savant!) and I've still only found 1 .50 caliber weapon and that's just an upgrade for the hunting rifle. I take it there aren't any other .50 caliber weapons in the game? I have 2,600 rounds that are barely getting used.

you can upgrade sniper rifles to .50 cal. i have a legendary .50 cal sniper than shoots two projectiles

Do you not have the gun nut perk?

You should me modding the receiver on your favorite rifle into .50 rounds and enjoying the carnage.

Breads

Banned
I hope there is. I'm lvl 54 and I'm still hoping that in a game revolving more or less around synths that there are pulse weapons beyond grenades and landmines. I know for a fact there are railway weapons as evidenced by the railway spikes and fallout shelter and a little more than 100 hours in and I have yet to see a single one. Granted I have been avoiding major faction quests/ main quests
revolving around Bunker Hill
so maybe I arbitrarily am cutting off what starts spawning them?

Dad

I think you can mod the bolt action pipe pistol to take .50 cal rounds

you can upgrade sniper rifles to .50 cal. i have a legendary .50 cal sniper than shoots two projectiles

Do you not have the gun nut perk?

You should me modding the receiver on your favorite rifle into .50 rounds and enjoying the carnage.

Yeah I know about the hunting rifle rechambering, I was just wondering if any other gun has that option or if there is a default .50 caliber somewhere that I haven't found.

I think you can mod the bolt action pipe pistol to take .50 cal rounds

Okay cool, I'll check that out.

Man, codsworth kicks Feral Ghoul ass. They pile on him and he drops them like a machine, (well obviously lol). Taking him into Ghoul infested dungeons from now on.

Codsworth got me through some dark shit. I crippled, he sawed, it was glorious. I've been trying to spend time with other companions, but I do miss my joke-cracking ghoul murder machine.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Danse has a quest attached to him that you have to finish before you can max out his affinity.

Taken from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Danse. (Spoilers there, of course [Like, real big spoilers])

"It is impossible to max out your relationship with Danse before completing Blind Betrayal."

Glad I read this. Thanks. I've had that idiot as my companion so long and wondering why it was taking so long for his affinity to max. Now I realize I've been wasting a lot of time. OH WELL.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i "romanced" piper and i
didn't even get a kiss, what the fuck bethesda where is my 2 minute poorly animated sex scene, mass effect wins once again
Also somehow my game upped the difficulty to very hard during the
defend the castle from the synth army with the minute man
story mission, i didn't have any defenses set up before hand because i was leaving the sims aspect until later and i got punished hard, i wonder if i was the only one. Oh and i experienced my first crash during the last mission so that's cool too.

haikira

Anyone know if the retail PC version sold in the UK is definitely steamworks? Thinking of getting the game as a gift for someone, and knowing this would really help my decision.

So i "romanced" piper and i
didn't even get a kiss, what the fuck bethesda where is my 2 minute poorly animated sex scene, mass effect wins once again
Also somehow my game upped the difficulty to very hard during the
defend the castle from the synth army with the minute man
story mission, i didn't have any defenses set up before hand because i was leaving the sims aspect until later and i got punished hard, i wonder if i was the only one. Oh and i experienced my first crash during the last mission so that's cool too.
I'm kinda glad they didn't go the Mass Effect route tbh.

Top Bottom