• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

r1chard

Yeah once you talk to Tom and he has them for sale you're able to craft the upgraded items.

Yesterday I discovered you can upgrade this.

Hat + Fatigues = 220/220 defense BEFORE over armor.

How do you upgrade fatigues? I don't get the option in the crafting bench - just armor pieces and the vault jumpsuit.

Dart

I'm kinda glad they didn't go the Mass Effect route tbh.

I'm not tbh, sex sells. Also check out what I just found

CUYnCLoUkAAMLb9

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn... I was kind of disappointed with the Museum of Witchcraft after people talked it up so much.

Vamphuntr

So what do you guys think is the most interesting faction to choose for the ending? I'm about to go to the point of no return with one of them. They all seem to be equally terrible and they all seem to have a quest where they ask you to
Wipe the other factions.

I've mostly gone without power armor (I wanted to hoard fusion cells because I fell in love with the gatling laser and blew through about 30 of them...) but I say no more. Paint job done? Check. Fully upgraded? Check. Get the X-01 helmet? Check. Time to skip across the wastelands in my cherry ride.

Tainted

Anyone know if the retail PC version sold in the UK is definitely steamworks? Thinking of getting the game as a gift for someone, and knowing this would really help my decision.

All PC copies whether you buy them via the Steam store or not are steamworks.

Zocano

The companion stuff still feels too transparent and dating-sim-y. Just feels like you're tinkering numbers and not unraveling a character (much like Mass Effect/Dragon Age).

So i visited Diamond City for the first time, i honestly expected that to be a bit bigger, it seems around the same size as Megaton. Now Fallout 3 also had Rivet City with plenty of people and was kinda big, does this one have that too or is it just Diamond City?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
almost 4am, this fucking game. I know its not the settlement thread but fuck it :)

My Lighthouse

backside was a pain because I kept running into the edge. But I like wasteland shit to look uneven anyway lol

walkways back to the house, down to the wharf / beach

also leads to a small actual treehouse!

tried to link as much as possible to look organic

couple of inside shots of different floors, still completely naked (need my MURICA flags all over the walls damn it). Also I love the lighthouse pilar in the middle lol

The roof (is not on fire but will probably be full of generators >_>)

well this sure is fun, but its 4am. what the actual fuck. Tomorow Ill furnish and shit :)

Dont be afraid of trying building guys, you might just like it

sorry for the long post

I'm not tbh, sex sells. Also check out what I just found

you wanted to see 2 poorly animated figures kiss? ok, whatever floats your boat :|

So i visited Diamond City for the first time, i honestly expected that to be a bit bigger, it seems around the same size as Megaton. Now Fallout 3 also had Rivet City with plenty of people and was kinda big, does this one have that too or is it just Diamond City?

diamond city is the biggest city i've found in my 56 hour playthrough which is pretty sad since its actually pretty small, Freeside from NV is bigger.

nbraun80

Hmmm so apparently the old lady's chair glitched into the ceiling of the house in sanctuary with all the crafting things out front. Not sure if it happened when I placed her chair or from loading in, but she is constantly sitting in the rafters and can't get down, can talk to her but not close enough for the conversation selections to work. Lol

Anyone think hacking is more useless in this game, due to the fact you'll likely destroy the turrets on your way to the terminal? I find their placement VERY strange.

I am glad to see the bug from Skyrim is still working in this game that lets you "command" your companion to loot an item/object/body, and they'll pick it up regardless of encumbrance. My companions must all be addicted to med-x due to chronic back pain.

My character ragdolled for the entire scene in Inquisition and it was incredible. Who knows what wonderful bugginess Bethesda could have given us

watching 2 characters in games doing anything intimate in games is so odd imo, even at its best it looks really poor and awkward. Like I wonder to myself how did they do this with a straight face? shit looks so bonkers all the damn time.

Breads

Banned
How do you upgrade fatigues? I don't get the option in the crafting bench - just armor pieces and the vault jumpsuit.

I.. you quoted the conversation where we say how they get unlocked. Join the railroad and talk to Tom after each mission until he starts selling armored apparel. By that point you too will be allowed to craft them.

That said not every hat/ garment can be upgraded. You just have to keep trying stuff out until you find something that works. The specific fatigues I'm using can be found at Sandy Coves Convalescent Home in a room with a lot of army perihelia. Until I randomly saw the hat appear I didn't even know armored hats were an option.

Watevaman

Damn... I was kind of disappointed with the Museum of Witchcraft after people talked it up so much.

I think it had the effect on me because I picked up the quest at a low level and went there at way too low a level as well. If you can tear through everything then it's probably not as crazy,

So I think I'm done with this game. Beat the main story quest line. Did a ton of sidequests (they're all starting to seem the same at this point). Had my fun.

One side note, does anyone actually use any AID item other than stimpacks and radaway lol.

So I think I'm done with this game. Beat the main story quest line. Did a ton of sidequests (they're all starting to seem the same at this point). Had my fun.

One side note, does anyone actually use any AID item other than stimpacks and radaway lol.

sometimes i use buffout to raise my strength so i get a bit more carry weight then i fast travel to break shit down. also I use the one that raises damage every now and then.

Courage

almost 4am, this fucking game. I know its not the settlement thread but fuck it :)

My Lighthouse

backside was a pain because I kept running into the edge. But I like wasteland shit to look uneven anyway lol

walkways back to the house, down to the wharf / beach

also leads to a small actual treehouse!

tried to link as much as possible to look organic

couple of inside shots of different floors, still completely naked (need my MURICA flags all over the walls damn it). Also I love the lighthouse pilar in the middle lol

The roof (is not on fire but will probably be full of generators >_>)

well this sure is fun, but its 4am. what the actual fuck. Tomorow Ill furnish and shit :)

Dont be afraid of trying building guys, you might just like it

sorry for the long post

That's awesome.

I have a buffout addiction. Buffout and alcohol for carrying bag of junk.

Breads

Banned

Alternating between Hard and Very Hard I used hundreds of pieces of meat (a lot of them giving neat secondary effects), purified water, and quite a few med x, psycho, and addictol. At this point the only reason why Stimpaks surprassed them is because A: I find more than I use health items any more and B: they weigh nothing.

Do the tapes and diary entries about Nick in
the place where confiscated drugs and weapons go
amount to anything? Or just character building? I at least expected a comment from Nick.

Kin5290

you wanted to see 2 poorly animated figures kiss? ok, whatever floats your boat :|

diamond city is the biggest city i've found in my 56 hour playthrough which is pretty sad since its actually pretty small, Freeside from NV is bigger.
Freeside is also mostly empty space, however.

johnsmith

remember me
Damn, just found Old Man Stockton dead. I did the quest with the Railroad that involves him already, but googling seems like there's a few more? Should I revive him with the console?

Finalow

so I run into (end-game spoilers) this stupid bug in the mission
Institutionalized.
guess I'll try to load a recent save and see if it works, I don't want to kill him - not yet anyway.
so annoying though

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Guys what should I do in the USS Constitution quest?

help robos or humanoids?

If you help the scavengers you won't get a unique gun (pictured in a post a few above this) and the Lieutenant's hat from the robot leader. On top of that the Scavengers betray you anyways forcing you to kill them. Side with the robots

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can someone help me out with the
diamond city blues
quest. I've cleared out the
four leaf fishpacking
plant but have no clue where
marowski's lab
is.

Alternating between Hard and Very Hard I used hundreds of pieces of meat (a lot of them giving neat secondary effects), purified water, and quite a few med x, psycho, and addictol. At this point the only reason why Stimpaks surprassed them is because A: I find more than I use health items any more and B: they weigh nothing.
yeah I guess I never cranked the difficulty up high enough for me to consider using them

Alright Gaffers, impress me with your gun names. Show me what you got

I've got Fat Man renamed to Davy Crockett (MGS3)
.44 Revolver renamed to Big Iron (best song from NV)
Submachine Gun renamed to Chicago Typewriter
.50 cal Sniper renamed to Sinful Butterfly (MGSV)

grind

Neo Member
Preparing the plans for my mutifruit operation and I'm wondering which settlement has the most arable land?

I haven't even tried it yet. Is it good? I tend to shy away from the heavier guns because my max carry is only 255. I always keep the missile launcher on me, but other than that, eh.

It's pretty much a smaller explosion radius rocket launcher. For what ever reason, it has a damn high hit chance in VATS. The gun is kind of difficult to aim since it has no sights at all. Downing down the sights makes the cursor disappear and the gun has no natural sights, cant even mod one on. So I just use it in VATS. It also seems to stagger and sometimes knock people down.

people not wanting sex scenes in here are fucking crazy.

All the goodness of awkward dialogue, really bad physics, mixed with glorious Bethesda bugs.

Imagine a Mass Effect sex scene but with this

aylc5jf.gif

Top Bottom