• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Kamina777

Banned
people not wanting sex scenes in here are fucking crazy.

All the goodness of awkward dialogue, really bad physics, mixed with glorious Bethesda bugs.

Imagine a Mass Effect sex scene but with this

aylc5jf.gif
No, people belly aching about no sex scenes in a video game that offers so much more are maladjusted perverts who probably got off on making 2 go joes "do it" before the invent of video games.

I Know how to generalizing too.

Steejee

Well, it took way too many hours for what it was, but finally got the Drive-In ready for buildout.

Rjcudpx.jpg

Only one entrance right now: a double gate using the chain link gate already there and a junk gate. Piled the water pool with purifiers (industrial and normal) and gave it its own protective border. I think I burned through about 1500 steel just doing the wall. I hate the junk walls, used mostly one type of metal wall to build it instead.

Tried using markfordelete on the skeletons, but no luck. Unsure if I should go all out and use delete...

Kalentan

Is there anything I should avoid picking up? I keep finding myself running out of space (and even Codsworth running out as well), when I go out.

Lint21

Neo Member
Is there anything I should avoid picking up? I keep finding myself running out of space (and even Codsworth running out as well), when I go out.

Using "tag for search" on only rare components is super helpful.

I also tend to not pick up weapons or armor unless it's something I'm actually going to use.

ryan299

So whats the best weapons and armor in the game? I found myself a set of x-01 armor which is good, but my normal armor is pretty weak.

Kalentan

I also tend to not pick up weapons or armor unless it's something I'm actually going to use.

Okay.

Also does the power armor only bring your weight limit to 310? Cause my weight out of the armor is 300.

Hit the 40 hour mark just now, level 22

Still not been to Diamond City. Just traded Codsworth for Strong since I've maxed out the relationship with the former. Found a good shotgun which I stripped down, and attached the mods to my Legendary shotgun. Upgraded my armour a bit, though I had to lose 2 Luck to equip a piece with better base stats

Do shotguns count as non-automatic rifles in the perk chart? Got some levels to spare before I can upgrade Gun Nut or Armourer, and got what I need from Lockpicking and Hacking. Thinking Local Leader 2, just so I can store junk anywhere and have it ready at my base of operations at the Red Rocket, and so I can sell guns/buy ammo there.

Ammo balancing seems a bit off, hit capacity with my sniper ammo, but I'll be struggling for 10mm and Shotgun Shells unless I buy some soon, or start finding more of it.

Went into this little pre-war office with a locked vault/inaccessible terminal and a couple of synths in it, the music was brilliant in there and I don't normally notice these things

Also killed the
alien in the cave and got the blaster, didn't find the crashed ship though
:(

The game is brilliant. Similarities to Fallout 3 are a problem for some, but its a strength for me. There's nothing else quite like it, and its not like they release one every other year.

Compsiox

Banned
I killed everyone in Diamond City and I'm regretting it. If I use the resurrect command to bring them all back will they function as normal?

Wolfe

diamond city is the biggest city i've found in my 56 hour playthrough which is pretty sad since its actually pretty small, [Freeside from NV is bigger.

Dude Freeside is fucking lame though lol, like three buildings with anything even in them. Mostly just boring empty space.

Freeside is also mostly empty space, however.

Exactly, Freeside is just the strips door mat.

you heard the man. time to get the go joes

GOOOOOOOOO JOE!!!

Dad

Is it possible to [Clear] everything? Or just the places with big interiors?

I've gotten a [Clear] for killing a single yao gui in an empty park, but not for clearing some buildings, so I have no idea what the deciding factor is for that. It's not even good for keeping track of where you've been since it's unmarked as soon as the enemies respawn

Roni

Gold Member
Game is so good I was level 38 when I went looking for
Nick Valentine

Scavenging for a X-01 Right Leg to cut the ribbon on my main Power Armor set in full style. Just recently unlocked Armorer and Science level 4 and got myself a sweet Jet Pack to add to the menacing look of my Enclave Armor.

Settlements are so addictive, I've spent hours planning supply routes, building shacks, sowing fruit and vegetables, building turrets and overlooks, distributing Power Armor sets among settlements... And I know I've barely scratched the surface.

Prodigal

Banned

This might be a dumb question but what are the most commonly sought after rare components?

Hit the 40 hour mark just now, level 22

Still not been to Diamond City. Just traded Codsworth for Strong since I've maxed out the relationship with the former. Found a good shotgun which I stripped down, and attached the mods to my Legendary shotgun. Upgraded my armour a bit, though I had to lose 2 Luck to equip a piece with better base stats

Do shotguns count as non-automatic rifles in the perk chart? Got some levels to spare before I can upgrade Gun Nut or Armourer, and got what I need from Lockpicking and Hacking. Thinking Local Leader 2, just so I can store junk anywhere and have it ready at my base of operations at the Red Rocket, and so I can sell guns/buy ammo there.

Ammo balancing seems a bit off, hit capacity with my sniper ammo, but I'll be struggling for 10mm and Shotgun Shells unless I buy some soon, or start finding more of it.

Went into this little pre-war office with a locked vault/inaccessible terminal and a couple of synths in it, the music was brilliant in there and I don't normally notice these things

Also killed the
alien in the cave and got the blaster, didn't find the crashed ship though
:(

The game is brilliant. Similarities to Fallout 3 are a problem for some, but its a strength for me. There's nothing else quite like it, and its not like they release one every other year.

Yes. I noticed that the double barrel shotgun and even the laser rifle's damage were increases when I leveled up the associated perk. The double barrel shotgun easy reaches 90+ damage with rank 1 gun nut mods and rank 2 of the non-auto rifle damage buff perk (that I can't recall its name).

Roni

Gold Member
This might be a dumb question but what are the most commonly sought after rare components?

I used to be starved for adhesive, but since my farms took off I've solved that by making Starch.

The components I'm always out of at the moment are Gears, Oil and Aluminum. In terms of RARE components, I'd say Fiber Optics are always at a premium.

Maaaan the main story just takes a huge nosedive after
you start working for the Institute
. It's a complete fucking mess gameplay and story-wise. It's like I'm not even playing a Fallout game anymore.

Faenix1

You can make Oil at the Chemistry Table.

Was SO freaking happy when I noticed that. Now it's just screws and that kinda stuff that holds me back. Used to go on hunts for Oil and Adhesive and it was super annoying.

N° 2048

You can make Oil at the Chemistry Table.

Was SO freaking happy when I noticed that. Now it's just screws and that kinda stuff that holds me back. Used to go on hunts for Oil and Adhesive and it was super annoying.

Holy crap, I don't think I've ever even touched a chemistry table. Thanks so much for the tip. Oil, Screws, and Copper are the hard ones for me.

For me right now;

rare = copper, oil, screws
rare rare = nuclear material, fiber optics

Holy crap, I don't think I've ever even touched a chemistry table. Thanks so much for the tip. Oil, Screws, and Copper are the hard ones for me.

For me right now;

rare = copper, oil, screws
rare rare = nuclear material, fiber optics

Scrapper perk>farm weapons>scrap them.
You can also stack scavenging stations in settlements.

Yes. I noticed that the double barrel shotgun and even the laser rifle's damage were increases when I leveled up the associated perk. The double barrel shotgun easy reaches 90+ damage with rank 1 gun nut mods and rank 2 of the non-auto rifle damage buff perk (that I can't recall its name).

Pfft

My Legendary Lucky Shotgun does 90 base damage, 20 shells per drum, fire rate of 22 and double crit damage :p

Cheers. Will upgrade that again soon then, pretty much entirely use sniper rifle/pistol/shotgun and the pistol is starting to lose its effectiveness compared to the other 2.

Steejee

Damn it Nick... *no one* in this game is more suited for the
Silver Shroud
outfit and I can't have you put it on? Gah!

Pfft

My Legendary Lucky Shotgun does 90 base damage, 20 shells per drum, fire rate of 22 and double crit damage :p

Cheers. Will upgrade that again soon then, pretty much entirely use sniper rifle/pistol/shotgun and the pistol is starting to lose its effectiveness compared to the other 2.

Pistols have their own perk too. Also something I forgot to note, if you mod any single-fire weapon into an auto one, you lose that damage buff because auto weapons have their own perk too (applies to laser rifle from what I saw); you can even see the damage reduction when you apply the mod.

Valus

PSA for Melee Users:

Don't know if this has been discussed already or not, but I finally hit level 42 and took the final Big Leagues perk and max it out. Saw the unique one shot effect every now and than which is cool. However after awhile (eg 7 hours of gameplay later) I started to feel like my damage was lacking, I wasn't killing things like I was before. So I checked out my weapons and lo and behold, all my melee weapon damage has reduced to PRE-BIG LEAGUES levels. I have all the passive abilities like one shotting, cone attacks, and disarming potential still but the "double damage" portion has been removed entirely. I confirmed by reloading an old save and re-picking the perk just to confirm that yes, after taking it, my damage is nerfed incredibly instead of increased 20%.

Here's a video of it so you see what I mean (not mine).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5opAny58Vcs

I don't want to lose those 7 hours of adventuring so I'm just going to suffer through it. I still hit hard but it's incredibly frustrating that something like this passes the quality testing. My super sledge does 122 damage with maxed out big leagues and 10 strength, plus grognak's costume. Really sucks since I built my character 100% around melee.

TL;DR - DON'T TAKE THE 5TH LEVEL OF BIG LEAGUES

Wolfe

TL;DR - DON'T TAKE THE 5TH LEVEL OF BIG LEAGUES

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear that, I typically overlook minor bugs but ones like that should never have gotten past QA. If they/someone knew about it that's even worse.

Thanks for the heads up.

neshcom

Banned
Had a really weird experience with the story today. I was at the story quest where you have to
acquire a Courser chip
, but of course I was doing side quests and got involved with the Railroad and joined their ranks. When I finally went to acquire it, my story brought me back to the Railroad, not
Virgil or any of the Goodneighbor
people who originated the quest for me. It really just didn't make sense to have it, take it somewhere where it was never mentioned, and have to give it up there without any sort of prompting or narrative connective tissue. Like, the only waypoint was to that group, not anywhere that made logical sense (in fact, I visited
Virgil
and he wouldn't even speak to me!)

Did anyone else have a similar narrative gap and does my joining the Railroad lock me out of future stuff?

Lint21

Neo Member
Had a really weird experience with the story today. I was at the story quest where you have to
acquire a Courser chip
, but of course I was doing side quests and got involved with the Railroad and joined their ranks. When I finally went to acquire it, my story brought me back to the Railroad, not
Virgil or any of the Goodneighbor
people who originated the quest for me. It really just didn't make sense to have it, take it somewhere where it was never mentioned, and have to give it up there without any sort of prompting or narrative connective tissue. Like, the only waypoint was to that group, not anywhere that made logical sense (in fact, I visited
Virgil
and he wouldn't even speak to me!)

Did anyone else have a similar narrative gap and does my joining the Railroad lock me out of future stuff?

I believe the same thing happened to me today. Not 100% positive because I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the main story and was actually trying to turn in a side quest when it happened.

My understanding from the Googling I've done is that this part doesn't actually lock you out of doing anything for any of the factions. It's the next series of main story quests that require you to choose between them, and the game supposedly lets you know that you are making an irreversible decision.

Lint21

Neo Member
On a similar note, I'm pretty annoyed at the way Bethesda structured the faction quests and related them to the main story. No specific spoilers but tagging in case folks don't (want to) know about getting locked out of stuff:

As I understand it, you have to choose between several factions near the end of the main story. Doing this causes the other factions to hate you and not offer their quests going forward. This effectively means that I probably will never see that content, because I'm not down with creating a save, running the quests for a faction, then reverting and running the other faction quests. I'm also not going to do multiple full play-throughs, given that I'm 130 hours deep on this one. My completionist-obsession is off the charts with games like this, and I just want to be able to do all the quests and get all the stuff in one uber play-through :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So apparently if you do the retake Castle mission for the Minuteman before the Brotherhood cavalry arrives you cannot recruit Preston again as your companion.

I don't use him too much but this is quite annoying ://///

Top Bottom