• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Guru-Guru

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before, but anybody else also encounter this bug? I'm kind of pissed.

I need to go to the mayor's office for a main quest, but when I try to call the elevator to go up there it says "the elevator has already arrived"....Even though it hasn't, and is stuck at the top.

The first time this happened I assumed maybe because it was night or something I can't go up there (office closed or whatever), so I did about 5 hours of side quests since then. I really don't want to reload an old save.

Jisgsaw

Welp, Danse affinity is completely bugged for me.

I'm at 999, no way to bring it further up, even when the prompt "Danson liked/loved that" appears. Tried setting it a bit lower at 990 via console commands, still stucks at 999. Putting it to 1000 doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?

Quoting again, if anybody has an idea?
I think I'll just add his perk through console, but I hope it won't bug out anything later into the game...

Edit: Oh wait, someone did answer me, thanks!
Danse has a quest attached to him that you have to finish before you can max out his affinity.

Taken from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Danse. (Spoilers there, of course [Like, real big spoilers])

"It is impossible to max out your relationship with Danse before completing Blind Betrayal."

Kamina777

Banned
The hacking mini game is probably the worst thing ever invented in the history of video games

I have honestly never had to deal with such an unfun mechanic in a game before

I realize that most people probably love it but sweet jesus

Give me the Bioshock pipe hacking game over this bullshit any day
Its actually one of the best, you are just totally clueless as to how it works so you are in 100% guess mode, and when that fails you its unfun.

Earlier in the thread folks posted how to play it, tips about resetting turns by finding special character patterns in the sequence and all. Once you get it, your hacking life will change.

Its actually one of the best, you are just totally clueless as to how it works so you are in 100% guess mode, and when that fails you its unfun.

Earlier in the thread folks posted how to play it, tips about resetting turns by finding special character patterns in the sequence and all. Once you get it, your hacking life will change.

I know how it works and I still find it tedious.

Seyavesh

Guys. I don't get it. I consider my self a pretty jaded gamer, I am super critical. I think the graphics are amazing. The lighting, atmosphere and art direction is simply superb! The game reminds me of stalker mixed with last of us. I don't get the hate! Am I in the minority here?

i hope not, this game looks good
especially because it's gamebryo
if you told me this was fallout even 2 years ago i would call you a liar
IJBeWUF.gif

Kaname

Are the BoS secondary quests the only way to get a [cleared] on most of the map areas? And will I be locked out of them if I decide not to side with them at the end of the main storyline? I know it's not something really important but it triggers my OCD a bit to not see everything perfectly completed lol

Quote cause no answer :(

Mr Swine

Banned
Ffs, when am I going to find new armor. I only have upgraded raider armor and I die in direct conflicts and I don't have that much caps on me. What am I supposed to do?

Kamina777

Banned
I know how it works and I still find it tedious.
Are you sure dude? Its like a logic puzzle for 3rd graders.

The only tedium i experienced in any of the fallout games that used it was not knowing what I was doing at all.

I guess different strokes for different folks, I just don't believe "hacking" is "turning this thingambob to lock onto that thingamabob so ball goes down the hole", its supposed to make you think logically, at least a little.

bobawesome

100 or so hours into the game and I may have finally run into my first glitched quest. I beat the
Cabot House
side mission 40 or so hours ago and when I try to complete the miscellaneous quest attached to it, the NPC doesn't give me my reward. To be more specific,
Jack and his sister have started to age again now that they don't have the serum and he talks about his mother dying and blames me for it. What? I saved your sorry ass from Lorenzo
Am I missing out on something here or is the quest/objective bugged? Anyone been in this situation?

Are you sure dude? Its like a logic puzzle for 3rd graders.

The only tedium i experienced in any of the fallout games that used it was not knowing what I was doing at all.

I guess different strokes for different folks, I just don't believe "hacking" is "turning this thingambob to lock onto that thingamabob so ball goes down the hole", its supposed to make you think logically, at least a little.

Exactly why I find it tedious.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damn, got a really good piece of chameleon armor, but using it makes it difficult if not impossible to use the pipboy. It either appears really bright with the map unreadable, or entirely translucent.

CrimsonN0

bah, Vault 81 bugged on me.
I passed the persuasion check to get me in, but the sliding door that opens up the rest of the Vault is Inaccessible. Checked my last save which was 1-2 hours before and ran over to the Vault, handing over the fusion cores instead and that door should just be automatically opened.

vocab

Damn, got a really good piece of chameleon armor, but using it makes it difficult if not impossible to use the pipboy. It either appears really bright with the map unreadable, or entirely translucent.

It's probably a bug. Having to get out of stealth to use the pipboy properly is dumb.

Strazyplus

Guys. I don't get it. I consider my self a pretty jaded gamer, I am super critical. I think the graphics are amazing. The lighting, atmosphere and art direction is simply superb! The game reminds me of stalker mixed with last of us. I don't get the hate! Am I in the minority here?

i hope not, this game looks good
especially because it's gamebryo
if you told me this was fallout even 2 years ago i would call you a liar
IJBeWUF.gif

I love the game, though graphically is outdated, you have to understand that so many other games look better than fallout 4, with time mods can improve. But also good to note is that graphics is not everything its why the game sold so well. I wanted the game to look better. the problem lends to the engine... its extremely outdated I hoped they would get a new one because it shows its age in skyrim. but is still a great game that I sunk so many hours into!

Hated that so much that now I just dispose of them, I can't handle it anymore.

Using noclip and some other tips posted here and else where I was able to make a decent looking vendor stand and a kinda wonky looking high ceiling building.

4mGwr1U.jpg

5CeRQEX.jpg

Vex_

Banned
Ffs, when am I going to find new armor. I only have upgraded raider armor and I die in direct conflicts and I don't have that much caps on me. What am I supposed to do?

What lvl? What guns you got? What perks? Armor helps mitigate damage but I can pretty much wear whatever I want because my gun game is on point.

Also, what difficulty?

You shouldn't be dying like souls game dying.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Question for Minutemen quests:

I have finished and got the trophy for "Taking Independence." All the quests I seem to be getting from Preston Harvey (or whatever his name is) are generic clear an area of raiders/help a settlement variety. I have heard that these go on forever? Do I have to do a set number of these before I can do the final minutement trophy quest "Old Guns." Or do I have to progress to a certain point in the main story to do that quest? Any help?

Ardenyal

Quoting again, if anybody has an idea?
I think I'll just add his perk through console, but I hope it won't bug out anything later into the game...

Edit: Oh wait, someone did answer me, thanks!

Its not bugged, you need to finish a certain event to max his affinity.

Edit: oh nvm lol

This raider set looks pretty cool. Also I heard there's a quest where it'll enable a NPC to upgrade a lot of set armors that you can't do at an armor workbench yourself but I haven't come across that NPC yet.

pwuFZTj.png

The world is really diverse in this one. You have city-scapes, but what I'm most impressed by is the shoreline. Really pretty.

The impressive nature of the open world itself won't be as new and fresh as FO3, but I do think I'll end up enjoying this one a lot mroe than FO3.

ckohler

I LOVE fixing up The Castle!

The settlement building mechanic was too overwhelming at first because I thought I was going to have to do everything from scratch. But The Castle already comes wired for electricity, has lots of rooms, and is highly defendable (at least it appears to be).

With that foundation, it's been a blast shoring up the walls, adding defenses, lights, generators, beds, food, etc. Now, it feels like I finally have a great place to call home that feels safe!

I already have 11 occupants and an 80% happiness rating.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Question for Minutemen quests:

I have finished and got the trophy for "Taking Independence." All the quests I seem to be getting from Preston Harvey (or whatever his name is) are generic clear an area of raiders/help a settlement variety. I have heard that these go on forever? Do I have to do a set number of these before I can do the final minutement trophy quest "Old Guns." Or do I have to progress to a certain point in the main story to do that quest? Any help?
Tune into the Radio Freedom station, or whatever it's called. That should prompt the beginning of Old Guns.

It's probably a bug. Having to get out of stealth to use the pipboy properly is dumb.

Hated that so much that now I just dispose of them, I can't handle it anymore.
I'd hope it's a bug. I definitely can't deal with it, so downgrading back to lesser armor for now.

AsfaeksBR

Question about Settlements:
What will happen if I neglect my Settlements during the main campaing, only to really invest in them after finishing the main quest line? Is there any punishment?

GavinGT

Banned
Please tell me someone knows how to fix this...

I'm 85 hours in and, out of nowhere, the screen turned dark and colors are all washed out. It hasn't gone away after an hour, and the only way to fix it is to reload a prior save (which is 6 hours back).

BkFBGUR.jpg

A question about of one the early Brotherhood of Steel quests.

I'm looking for the holotape at the Satellite Array, where there are loads of Super Mutants. My character is no where near equipped to deal with them, so I'm trying to sneak and get to the holotape. But so far I have not been able to find a way through without the mutants seeing me. Is the holotape located so that it's even possible, or do you have to fight all of them to get there?

ckohler

Please tell me someone knows how to fix this...

I'm 85 hours in and, out of nowhere, the screen turned dark and colors are all washed out. It hasn't gone away after an hour, and the only way to fix it is to reload a prior save (which is 6 hours back).

Are you by chance "addicted" to chems? You can check your status in your Pip-Boy on the default screen, I think.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No, I haven't taken any chems in my playthrough. I even went to a doctor to see if that was it, and it wasn't.
You could try addicting yourself and then healing. ...yeah.

Echoplx

No, I haven't taken any chems in my playthrough. I even went to a doctor to see if that was it, and it wasn't.

Used a night vision scope recently? It's a known bug where the effect stays on permanently. Only way to fix it that I know of is console commands on PC.

While I wait for new PC stuff I thought I'd try it out on the one I'm using atm. Even on Low everything (still 1920x1080 tho) it runs pretty meh-ly. The skin texture for my character is also missing and its just pitch black and the texture seam for the face/hair is obvious as hell....and the skin tone is set to Rosy and for some reason the wife's facial skin texture is set to pale while the rest of her body says something else.

Never change Bethesda.

Please do.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A question about of one the early Brotherhood of Steel quests.

I'm looking for the holotape at the Satellite Array, where there are loads of Super Mutants. My character is no where near equipped to deal with them, so I'm trying to sneak and get to the holotape. But so far I have not been able to find a way through without the mutants seeing me. Is the holotape located so that it's even possible, or do you have to fight all of them to get there?

It's in one of the shacks at one of the towers... the shacks located midway to the top, it's pretty noticeable. I don't think it'd be possible for you to sneak to it completely though... maybe by using stealth boys?

It's in one of the shacks at one of the towers... the shacks located midway to the top, it's pretty noticeable. I don't think it'd be possible for you to sneak to it completely though... maybe by using stealth boys?

Ok. I just don't want to have to clear the area completely of Super Mutants. I don't play a soldier type, and I also think it would be a bit weird to be requested to kill more super mutants in one early mission for them, then what I have done entirely in the game so far (30h).

Kamina777

Banned
Question for the stealth experts

Whats the best way to mod gear for stealth? I know shadowed works best in the dark but i wont always be in the dark, and muffled makes it quiter but isit quiter thab mak8ng the armor ultra light? Please help!

You're my hero!

Man, playing this game on console must be such a shitty experience, lol.
Not at all actually, regardless i save very often!

Arjen

Are you with the minuteman?
Yes, you fucking idiot, just like I was the last 10 times I saved you fucking farm from those 2 ghouls.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok. I just don't want to have to clear the area completely of Super Mutants. I don't play a soldier type, and I also think it would be a bit weird to be requested to kill more super mutants in one early mission for them, then what I have done entirely in the game so far (30h).

There's a Power Armor hidden inside a locked container in the Army Recruitment Camp. I think it is more than enough defense for you to make a run towards the shack and get that recording and then just jump down and ran away.

Ah... it's an expert lock though.

RSP

I was just building my base (read: messing around with generators because I can't get those $)%*#$ lights to turn on) and my framerate suddenly dropped to a constant 10fps.

I've tried fast travelling and putting stuff in my stash but it doesn't go away.

WTF

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
How can the words "EVIL" and "GOOD" both have a Likeliness=1?!

I hate the fact you can only have one map marker active at any given time. I found a master terminal I needed to hack back at level 15 that I couldn't access at the time around the mid west sector now that I finally unlocked master hacking and can't remember the exact area :(

daxy

I hate the fact you can only have one map marker active at any given time. I found a master terminal I needed to hack back at level 15 that I couldn't access at the time around the mid west sector now that I finally unlocked master hacking and can't remember the exact area :(

I take screenshots of the Pip Boy's map out and the terminal in the background to remember what to do and where it is.

dity

You're either good or ur evil, m8.
I have no idea, maybe it's this game's true secret.

Top Bottom