• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

I was thinking I'm so OP. Like just blasting through things until now, then I fucking went inside Trinity Church...got wrecked in 5 seconds.

To be fair, I had barely any ammo.

Yes, he's there. But just be prepared for a LOT of talking and complaining. Dude is worst than Raul.

Milk Milk Milk.

Kamina777

Banned
I was thinking I'm so OP. Like just blasting through things until now, then I fucking went inside Trinity Church...got wrecked in 5 seconds.

To be fair, I had barely any ammo.

Is that where TESSA is?

TESSA! I WILL AVENGE MYSELF THRICEFOLD AND STEAL YOUR GLORIOUS ARMOR!

Alpende

Been playing for about 6 hours on PS4 but my save file says 16 hours... does it keep the clock ticking while the game is suspended? Kinda lame if so, I'll never know my true playtime.

It does.

So stupid too, Witcher 3 had the same problems with suspending the game and counting time.

Wingus

Finally got the Benevolent Leader trophy (and the Platium trophy) after spending hours on this.

Holy crap, now I don't need to worry about 100% happiness anymore.

Kaname

So what are the infinite repeatable quests that I can freely skip?

- Minutemen's help the settlement stuff
- Railroad set up the MILA (?)
- Railroad
Courser killing
?
- BoS get the crops from the farmers
- Other?

I kinda want to keep doing whatever allows me to get a [CLEARED] state in dungeons not quest related.

GReeeeN

does anyone know if there are any mods that bring back a faction and open up their quest lines?

I've finished pretty much every quest in the game, the only quests I have now are the repeatable quests from Preston, which... isn't very fun and getting 100xp is not very good.

I don't really feel like loading a save from 30 hours ago to progress with another faction.... and lose my leveling and new weapons

maybe there's a way to load an old save and copy the progress/ weapons, etc from my 70+ hr save??

does anyone know if there are any mods that bring back a faction and open up their quest lines?

I've finished pretty much every quest in the game, the only quests I have now are the repeatable quests from Preston, which... isn't very fun and getting 100xp is not very good.

I don't really feel like loading a save from 30 hours ago to progress with another faction.... and lose my leveling and new weapons

maybe there's a way to load an old save and copy the progress/ weapons, etc from my 70+ hr save??

Holy shit, how many hours have you been playing?

Sounds like you've got a build that can't handle that pat of the quest yet and you need weapons and a strategy to beat it. I completed all three of those quests before i even met the botherhold from wandering the wasteland to get stronk.

I was level 11 with a silenced sniper rifle, plently of fragment mines and a strategy of constantly changing positions after offing each one with a perk build that almost tripled damage from silenced ranged attacks.

Quicksave wa my friend, Every time they would lose me and go back to patroling i would save, things fell apart often enough but being able to escape and hide when they did helped..

Took me an hour and getting through the last guy guarding the brotherhood soldier was puzzle like, yet pushing through it taught me there is no battle you can't win without the right tools and the right conditions!

I did manage to beat that part now, by:

1. Partly breaking the game, by sending Piper home to Red Rocket, so that she took the route next to the mutants. That caused her to kill a bunch of the them by triggering the suicide bomber.. And then she of course doesn't die, but get up and keep harrasing some more.
2. Drawing one of them out the house far away, hiding from him, and then shooting him in the back when he was going back.
2. Taking out at least 5 of the super mutants by taking them out from that house. And for these, the house was so far away that they shot against me, but didn't bother running towards them.
3. Taking the last of the two legendary super mutants up close.

So, by cheating basically.

And I want to call bullshit on this mission even if I would have had a combat build for my character, considering the amount of super mutants there. This mission, a recon mission, ended with me taking out a super mutant stronghold, with a character that shouldn't be able to. If it's intended that you should combat them all, then it's a shitty mission that breaks immersion. And it's a bit of a dissapointment to encounter that just after having done the excellent Covenant quest.

I would have accepted this mission if would have been a later mission for the Brotherhood, or if there was a fair chance to use stealth, but it was neither.

GReeeeN

Holy shit, how many hours have you been playing?

I've logged around 60 hours, I'm looking everywhere for new missions, looking at guides, companion quests, side missions, etc and it seems I've completed everything.

The only thing I haven't done is the brotherhood ending and the side quests for Hancock, Curie, but im guessing it will be very similar to the ending for the other factions.

I've logged around 60 hours, I'm looking everywhere for new missions, looking at guides, companion quests, side missions, etc and it seems I've completed everything.

The only thing I haven't done is the brotherhood ending and the side quests for Hancock, Curie, but im guessing it will be very similar to the ending for the other factions.

Wow you must have played very fast. I'm sure I won't have all quests after 100hrs or more

N° 2048

Is that where TESSA is?

TESSA! I WILL AVENGE MYSELF THRICEFOLD AND STEAL YOUR GLORIOUS ARMOR!

No idea, I got the hell out of there asap ha, had no ammo. I will clear it tonight though.

So what are the infinite repeatable quests that I can freely skip?

- Minutemen's help the settlement stuff
- Railroad set up the MILA (?)
- Railroad
Courser killing
?
- BoS get the crops from the farmers
- Other?

I kinda want to keep doing whatever allows me to get a [CLEARED] state in dungeons not quest related.

Some [cleared] areas will unclear over time, this is making it hard for me to keep track what I've cleared so I'm just going to start writing them down in a notebook.

and some areas just won't show [cleared] no matter what. I clear all enemies too.

alexbull_uk

You must have been speeding through, I'm only 10hrs behind you and I've not even gone past Diamond City on the map.

Helscream

Banned
Finally finished my first playthrough and sided with BoS (because reasons). Despite all the issues Fallout 4 has, combat is what puts this game in its place.

In celebration of completing my first playthrough I decided to make a power armor video to personally express what makes this game great. Enjoy and see you guys in the Commonwealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6wqcnHSMuY

Kama_1082

Banned
Late game stuff

I think I'm stuck. I just got to the
institution where the father starts speaking
and I can't go any further because all the doors say I need a key. I can't backtrack because elevator access is denied. Help!

NEVERMIND:

Found the answer.

So I made a music video (not working in Germany for some reason):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCjpx4q515c

Well, not really. But one of the most enjoyable moments in the game for me was when I turned on the radio station and it was playing Skeeter Davis' "End of the World" while I was attacking the Super Mutants' tower with Codsworth.

Unforch, PS4's video capture didn't capture the radio song so I ended up having to re-construct the experience later on.
PS4 Share doesn't capture any radio songs because of copyright issues. It was the same with GTA V.

bFR8yZz.png

9Ssmn4e.gif

GReeeeN

You must have been speeding through, I'm only 10hrs behind you and I've not even gone past Diamond City on the map.

wow... how is that possible?, what have you been spending your time on?, I really really want to spend more time with this game, but cant find anything to do.

I don't believe I was speeding through the game, I was constantly working on a side mission or story mission, and feel I've spent at least 5-10 hours alone on repeatable missions to level up.

Does the game expect you to play 50% of side quests/ main story and 50% repeatable missions in order to hit max level?

wow... how is that possible?, what have you been spending your time on?, I really really want to spend more time with this game, but cant find anything to do.

I don't believe I was speeding through the game, I was constantly working on a side mission or story mission, and feel I've spent at least 5-10 hours alone on repeatable missions to level up.

Does the game expect you to play 50% of side quests/ main story and 50% repeatable missions in order to hit max level?

60h for everything feels like impossible, or at least like a speedrun, compared to mine.

I've spent 32h on it, and I'm only at the beginning of the major quest lines I've found, have only explored 1/3 of the map, and have done 10 sidequests at most.

N° 2048

The whole game in 60 hours sounds really really short. For just the story, maybe not eh..

I'm in 55 hours and still ONLY have discovered locations in the North West/North East part of the map.

about %75 of the map is still blank for me.

There's a TON to discover and explore. I think I have, literally, like 9 quests done .
Haven't started BoS missions, still not done the Church settlement for Preston, still not at Diamond City. It's not all time spent on Settlements either.

The game just oozes atmosphere and has tiny little stories around. Just so much to look at and explore for me.
Also this game is Role Playing heaven.
I come home (Red Rocket is my personal base :p), put Dogmeat in his house and hit the sack. Little details like that. This game, man. So good.

Kaname

Some [cleared] areas will unclear over time, this is making it hard for me to keep track what I've cleared so I'm just going to start writing them down in a notebook.

and some areas just won't show [cleared] no matter what. I clear all enemies too.

Well, that sounds really lame then :(
Might as well give up on the Full Clear personal operation then.

Kama_1082

Banned

I'm 19 hrs in and I think I'm almost done with the main story. I doesnt feel like I've been speeding

N° 2048

Well, that sounds really lame then :(
Might as well give up on the Full Clear personal operation then.

Yea, tonight I'm gonna go write down the places I've cleared and revisit some that don't say [cleared] just to note that I've been there.
It's driving my gaming OCD a bit crazy to be honest..

GReeeeN

The whole game in 60 hours sounds really really short. I'm the same as GReeeeN. 55 hours and still ONLY have discovered locations in the North West/North East part of the map.

about %75 of the map is still blank for me.

There's a TON to discover and explore. I think I have, literally, like 9 quests done .
Haven't started BoS mission, still not even done past the Church for Preston, still not at Diamond City. It's not all time spent on Settlements either.
The game just oozes atmosphere and has tiny little stories around.

Also this game is Role Playing heaven.
I come home (Red Rocket is my personal base :p), put Dogmeat in his house and hit the sack.

so you've spent the majority of your time exploring new locations, walking around new buildings/ clearing these buildings?

I guess i haven't explored everything on the map and cleared every building, just quest wise it seems I've completed all story missions, side missions, miscellaneous missions and companion missions in 65 hours.

GravyButt

How often do the stores in say your settlements, diamond city, goodneighbor ect restock ammo or new gear and most importantly get more caps?!?! Sitting on a lot of purified water and prewar money.

GReeeeN

I'm 19 hrs in and I think I'm almost done with the main story. I doesnt feel like I've been speeding

sounds about right, add another 30-40 hours for side missions, exploring, grinding some levels with the repeatable quests, companion quests, miscellaneous quests and it seems that's everything the game has to offer "quest" wise.

N° 2048

so you've spent the majority of your time exploring new locations, walking around new buildings/ clearing these buildings?

I guess i haven't explored everything on the map and cleared every building, just quest wise it seems I've completed all story missions, side missions, miscellaneous missions and companion missions in 65 hours.

Slow exploring. I'll look around the building, look in every corner, look for every door before I go in..obsession. If there's a crate on a shelf, I'll bring it down and look in it (I found a Nuka Quantum this way).
I open every fridge,press every button, etc.

N° 2048

How often do the stores in say your settlements, diamond city, goodneighbor ect restock ammo or new gear and most importantly get more caps?!?! Sitting on a lot of purified water and prewar money.

Use that purified water for adhesive if you're doing Mods. I heard you can hoard that pre-war money and someone will buy it off you for a good chunk. Don't know if that's true though.

edit: double post. fuck me.

Randam

can't use the mouse.
is that because I had a controller hocked up to my PC?
how do I change back?
already disconnected my controller.

N° 2048

can't use the mouse.
is that because I had a controller hocked up to my PC?
how do I change back?
already disconnected my controller.

You might have to restart the game. I heard it uses a launcher or something on PC so it's different the way it detects controllers?

I've been having issues loading my most recent saves where it just freezes, I have to go back to 1 specific save that loads but if I continue playing and save, the new save file doesn't work....

Any ideas what is going on?

This will probably get lost in this massive thread, but what finally worked for me was to delete fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini, and let the game create them and my saves loaded!

Comparing the INI's it turns out uGridsToLoad=13 was what fucked me, even tho I was fine for 12hours, it somehow started to break my saves.

So becareful with it.

shermas

I hate the [cleared] system sometimes. I'm trying to clear everything... some bases are empty, yet [cleared] won't show up. Other areas, I'm sure, said [cleared] a couple days ago... now they don't. Arrrrrrgh

Top Bottom