• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Randam

You'll have to uncheck "Use Gamepad" in the menu.

so with the controller, I have to go to the menu und uncheck that option?

everytime, because as soon as a controller is connected to my PC it checks that option!?(because I didn't)
never even played the game with a controller.

N° 2048

I hate the [cleared] system sometimes. I'm trying to clear everything... some bases are empty, yet [cleared] won't show up. Other areas, I'm sure, said [cleared] a couple days ago... now they don't. Arrrrrrgh

Yea, agreed. I'm actually writing down areas I've been to already in a notebook that I know should say [cleared].
Some areas have quests later on too so if you clear the area early on it still won't show [cleared] until that quests is done later on.

Also [cleared] areas respawn and unclear over time. Which is cool but yea drives the OCD crazy...

Henry Cooke in Diamond City, I have a question regarding him.

He got killed during the deal and Trish lives. I kinda wanted the guy to live but I guess I will just continue on if I am not missing any quests with him being dead. Anyone know?

Woah...

Getting close to the end of the game...[Marked vague spoiler below and I don't want to go into the spoiler thread yet to ruin anything for me]

So.... in "Act 3", Fallout 4 just plain fucks with you and everything you have been working towards up until that point. I had put the game down and think about how I wanted to proceed deeper into the plot.

shermas

Yea, agreed. I'm actually writing down areas I've been to already in a notebook.
Some areas have quests later on too so if you clear the area it still won't show [cleared] until that quests is done later on.

Some also say [cleared] even though I know I'll have to go back later (I haven't done much of the main story).

On a side note, if I take the singer in Goodneighbor out on a date, will Dogmeat leave me? I've been playing solo the whole time (40+ hours) and I don't want to lose him.

it's just so bizarre to me that it's considered 'outdated'
like.. compared to what? everything i can think of that looks better has a more limited scope

and being blown away while you're saying that it's outdated. it's just alien to me, haha

It's definitely outdated, if the same game with the same exact visual fidelity came out 2-3 years ago no one would bat an eye, even comparing it directly to Skyrim, not much has really changed except higher poly objects and characters with a fancy effects pack thrown in there too.

Which is OK, I'm not saying its a terrible thing, but the people saying its outdated aren't doing so just to be an arse. The art style is exceptional, which is what really matters in these games anyway.

I can't wait to see what it turns into with mods over the years, the Skyrim mod community did some incredible things, but unfortunatly even with 250+ mods the base gameplay was just...never fun to me. Luckily here in F4 the core gameplay loop is super addicting fun right from the start, so it's probably going to become godly within a year, not to mention the official bethesda expansions.

GravyButt

Use that purified water for adhesive if you're doing Mods. I heard you can hoard that pre-war money and someone will buy it off you for a good chunk. Don't know if that's true though.

edit: double post. fuck me.
I have a bunch of adhesive right right now so I sort of want to unload this surplus for some caps to have some change in case I come upon some more ammo or something I want to snag in a pinch. Just seems like the vendors never resupply or ever replenish their caps.

This game's AI pathing is so screwed up.

Glad I went Lone Wanderer because trying to get a certain companion to hack a terminal has wasted the past 10 minutes of my life.

Beefy

Yea, agreed. I'm actually writing down areas I've been to already in a notebook that I know should say [cleared].
Some areas have quests later on too so if you clear the area early on it still won't show [cleared] until that quests is done later on.

Also [cleared] areas respawn and unclear over time. Which is cool but yea drives the OCD crazy...

The only way you can clear 80% of places is the BoS quests which is crazy.

Henry Cooke in Diamond City, I have a question regarding him.

He got killed during the deal and Trish lives. I kinda wanted the guy to live but I guess I will just continue on if I am not missing any quests with him being dead. Anyone know?

You won't miss out on anything if he gets killed. However, his daughter will confront you about her father's death. If you fail the speech check, she will attack you (and I think make the rest of Diamond City hostile to you).

N° 2048

This game's AI pathing is so screwed up.

Glad I went Lone Wanderer because trying to get a certain companion to hack a terminal has wasted the past 10 minutes of my life.

Love the game, you guys know this. but I'm seriously considering ditching even Dogmeat because he gets me detected so many times and gets me stuck in a hallway and I get destroyed.
But the companions sounds so cool. Ugh. Choices.

The only way you can clear 80% of places is the BoS quests which is crazy.

Oh yea, you had told me this earlier I forgot. Good to know.

shermas

Anyone know the answer to this??

If I take the singer in Goodneighbor out on a date, will Dogmeat leave me? I've been playing solo the whole time (40+ hours) and I don't want to lose him.

Love the game, you guys know this. but I'm seriously considering ditching even Dogmeat because he gets me detected so many times and gets me stuck in a hallway and I get destroyed.
But the companions sounds so cool. Ugh. Choices.

Yeah I always preferred lone wanderer in Fallout games but I'm using companions right now. I want to get all their perks then I might go lone wanderer

If I take the singer in Goodneighbor out on a date, will Dogmeat leave me? I've been playing solo the whole time (40+ hours) and I don't want to lose him.
If Dogmeat leaves you the game will tell you where you want to send him. He will be there and you can always pick him up. Same thing for all companions. So don't worry you can't lose him. If you send him to sanctuary he is in the doghouse in your back yard (people seem to not find him in sanctuary)

N° 2048

Send him to a Settlement with a dog house before any risky choices like that. Always works for me (I didn't get to Goodneighbour yet though)

You won't miss out on anything if he gets killed. However, his daughter will confront you about her father's death. If you fail the speech check, she will attack you (and I think make the rest of Diamond City hostile to you).

OK then.

Then I guess I'll just continue on. I hope me letting Trish go won't come to bite me in the ass later on. Gonna visit that Chem plant now.

Jornax

I went with her on a date while Codsworth was my companion, he just appeared in the same location as where I ended up when the date was over.

ElFly

Man, fallout 4 is lame about reverse pickpocketing armor.

In short, it seems you can't. BUT there seems to be a reward for doing so?

I stole Glory's railroad armored clothes Mk I (the mark will be important later). it took a while cause I had a 21% chance to succeed). Then I replaced it with an armored red dress, and left her with her military fatigues, some 0 def clothes she was also carrying but not wearing.

Went out, waited 24 hours, came back, and she is wearing the fatigues! which have much lower defense than the armored red dress. So I stole the fatigues too, went out, waited another 24 hours, came back.

She is now wearing another Railroad armor, but this time Mk III! She never even tried the dress I gave her :(

But the weird part is that the game upgraded her clothes????

On the other hand, I stole her minigun and replaced it with Ashmaker, and she is now wielding Ashmaker. It's lame it only works with weapons.

edit: I tried with Desdemona, and she just gets some new fatigues identical to the old ones, so I don't know why Glory gets an upgrade.

Truant

Is the glowing sea randomly generated? I entered it at level 17 and got wrecked and reverted to an earlier save. Tried going there again at 22 and I swear the area looks different now.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
All I want is a smoking table with my cigar box, dirty ashtray, flip lighter, San Francisco Sunlight, and coffee mug but it just ends up on the floor when I reload.

Mahonay

Banned

I went on a date with her when I had Nick following me and he didn't leave.

I keep finding this really cool outfits, you know things like black vest and slacks and a fedora, but you barely wear them because they don't provide any defense. Which is pretty normal, makes sense. Is there a perk that gives you defense when wearing anything? That would be really cool.

N° 2048

I keep finding this really cool outfits, you know things like black vest and slacks and a fedora, but you barely wear them because they don't provide any defense. Which is pretty normal, makes sense. Is there a perk that gives you defense when wearing anything? That would be really cool.

I'd love to be able to mod clothes like that.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Man, there's like nothing to do in the game after you get a platinum. I still want to play more Fallout 4 but I think I've done all the faction and side quests.

Finally made my way into the North End last night (where I lived for 4 years during college) - couple of areas are surprisingly accurate, which was really cool to see.

Ric Flair

Banned

If you have the game on PC there's a new mod out on Nexusmods that allows you to wear most outfits with the body gear now. It's still a WIP but it's updating pretty consistently with higher compatibility, really cool stuff!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/745/?

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Is that scripted or initiated in any way? What the hell happened?

some AI with a laser killing the cult leader and hitting something that makes a mini nuke explosion. During a talking sequence... :p

same thing happened in Witcher 3(minus the mini nuke...and lasers)

Strazyplus

I cannot stress the importance of building foundation for your buildings in settlements. It actually makes the awful snap system work.

Actually you do not need if you want snap functionality but can be a little difficult anyways good idea to make foundation if you want snap to be easy.

I've heard there is a NPC that can upgrade many outfits for you, they are part of the
Railroad faction
so you need to do certain quests for them to be able to have access to it. It's the only way to upgrade a lot of stuff, for e.g I heard you can upgrade Army Fatigues, something you can't from the armour workbench for example. However there are some things they can't upgrade either, but there's def full sets/suits you can upgrade by them that you can't any other way. I can't personally say much about it because I haven't done any of their quests yet, but I've seen it mentioned a lot online.

Also the S
ilver Shroud
coat armor can be upgraded by the guy that you meet the first time regarding the quest, the stats can be upgraded to 87. See kotaku link. The game doesn't tell you at all about this!

Top Bottom