• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Actually you do not need if you want snap functionality but can be a little difficult anyways good idea to make foundation if you want snap to be easy.

For me I was having some serious troubles with wall pieces only wanting to snap in one of the three positions they should have been able to fit in.

Watevaman

Ok, so can someone explain everything that affects weapon damage? I've started coming across more powerful weapons in the game, like the combat rifle and combat shotguns, but I'm still seeing posters here that have weapons that do tons more damage. Is it purely perks + weapon mods or does your level and SPECIAL affect damage at all? I guess there's also a lot of books and bobbleheads that I haven't found too.

Chitown B

Good luck Protectron

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-20%20at%209.34.52%20AM_zpsj0mehxz6.png

megalowho

Also the S
ilver Shroud
coat armor can be upgraded by the guy that you meet the first time regarding the quest, the stats can be upgraded to 87. See kotaku link. The game doesn't tell you at all about this!
Is it a viable choice for armor if you take into account the upgrades? It looks great and I don't feel like messing with armor customization all that much, would like to just set and forget about it.

shermas

I went with her on a date while Codsworth was my companion, he just appeared in the same location as where I ended up when the date was over.

Thanks, guys!! I've been spec'ing the Lone Wanderer perk and would hate to have the game bug out or something and I lose that mule, er, dog.

Loudninja

You'll have to uncheck "Use Gamepad" in the menu.

I think there was a BOS chopper flying and it got shot down? And he caught a stray laser shot? I honestly thought this was scripted at first because it was just too random and perfect.
Haha that was amazing.

kavanf1

Mission name spoilers:
Do Institute up until Mass Fusion, then you can do BoS up until after the mission where you hunt a Synth you'll know by name and Railroad up until Patriot. Save there and then you can finish all three paths from that point.

Benefit of finishing with BoS is
MOTHERFUCKING JETPACK POWER ARMOUR

Thanks for this, that's good to know. I won't get a chance at multiple playthroughs so will need to do some save splitting.

That's hilarious. How did you get to tag enemies like that, MGS-style? Is that a feature of that gun? I assume it's not a mod as you are on PS4. Cheers.

Asking again because I don't think I got an answer. Any tips on gunplay to a Fallout noob. I feel like I enter a room and I have 4 people firing on me with automatics from all angles all the time. Seems I need a ton of stuff to recoup my HP, so any tips?

I have a weird bug in Bobbi's quest: there is a "fragile wall" that the robot can't destroy. I select "activate" with X but nothing happens...
What can I do to fix this ? I've tried to reload a save, but still have the same bug.

kavanf1

Asking again because I don't think I got an answer. Any tips on gunplay to a Fallout noob. I feel like I enter a room and I have 4 people firing on me with automatics from all angles all the time. Seems I need a ton of stuff to recoup my HP, so any tips?

Do you use VATS? That should be the number one thing, you can normally dispose of a couple of enemies straight away if you use it, more if you have invested perk points in it.

Also keep a close eye on your health and go straight to your pip boy as soon as you hit 25% or less health. Two stimpacks is usually enough to restore you to full health from that point. Also don't neglect chems like Psycho that give you 25% damage bonus. Experiment with chems and weapons, you will eventually find something that works well for you.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I liked Valentine a lot better before I realized his voice actor is the same one from Skyrim that does like every god damned non-Nord voice (Mercer, Belethor, etc). Now every time I hear Nick say anything I all I hear is Belethor's rapey sounding "dooo come baaaack!" Nick you're dead to me.

Lanrutcon

I have a weird bug in Bobbi's quest: there is a "fragile wall" that the robot can't destroy. I select "activate" with X but nothing happens...
What can I do to fix this ? I've tried to reload a save, but still have the same bug.

Talk to the npcs with you. One will have something to say. Yes, it is stupid.

ryan13ts

So my last few save files just literally decided it would vanish, and the most recent one available to me is literally a good 24 hours of work back. This isn't even including the numerous time my save files "curropted" for no reason whatsoever (although in those cases, I was able to load a very recent one up, I make lot of saves)

This game is fucking broken in every single way possible. Congrats for shipping out a defective product Bethesda, you manage to somehow top Skyrim and Fallout 3 in glitches/brokenness.

danowat

Banned

Man, the AI path finding in that mission caused me no end of grief

Kamina777

Banned
I did manage to beat that part now, by:

1. Partly breaking the game, by sending Piper home to Red Rocket, so that she took the route next to the mutants. That caused her to kill a bunch of the them by triggering the suicide bomber.. And then she of course doesn't die, but get up and keep harrasing some more.
2. Drawing one of them out the house far away, hiding from him, and then shooting him in the back when he was going back.
2. Taking out at least 5 of the super mutants by taking them out from that house. And for these, the house was so far away that they shot against me, but didn't bother running towards them.
3. Taking the last of the two legendary super mutants up close.

So, by cheating basically.

And I want to call bullshit on this mission even if I would have had a combat build for my character, considering the amount of super mutants there. This mission, a recon mission, ended with me taking out a super mutant stronghold, with a character that shouldn't be able to. If it's intended that you should combat them all, then it's a shitty mission that breaks immersion. And it's a bit of a dissapointment to encounter that just after having done the excellent Covenant quest.

I would have accepted this mission if would have been a later mission for the Brotherhood, or if there was a fair chance to use stealth, but it was neither.
But you did beat it didn't you? You used a tactic that anyone could have used without cobsole commands! The game itself tells you some areas further south have stronger enemies, and you could have still taken the missions from the othertwo to get stronger, or heck, you could have saw what the other factions were about..

you're expecting a skyrim enemies level with you experience, catered to your pace experience, this is the wasteland mang, ain't no baby pacing here, get gud or get smart ; you got smart,and thats gud!

Onikaan

So my last few save files just literally decided it would vanish, and the most recent one available to me is literally a good 24 hours of work back. This isn't even including the numerous time my save files "curropted" for no reason whatsoever (although in those cases, I was able to load a very recent one up, I make lot of saves)

This game is fucking broken in every single way possible. Congrats for shipping out a defective product Bethesta, you manage to somehow top Skyrim and Fallout 3 in glitches/brokenness.

I can understand your angry because you've lost progress, I would be too. But I've been playing Bethsoft games since Morrowind, and Fallout 4 is by far and large the least buggy game they've ever made.

Finalow

some dialogues are just so awful.

this one with
Doctor Li

"I only promised to go back to the BoS, not to help them build the Liberty Prime again, I absolutely won't do that."

"b-but think about Virgil"

"you're right, you convinced me."

and I didn't even need any charisma for that.

Mahonay

Banned

Talk to the npcs with you. One will have something to say. Yes, it is stupid.

Man, the AI path finding in that mission caused me no end of grief
My latest save is in the middle of that mission and holy fuck is ever prone to breaking. The path finding can't handle those tight tunnels with that amount of characters following. The floating robot you need to blow open the walls clipped into the uneven ground at one point and got completely stuck.

I've only had two bugs in about 60 hours of play myself.

One is major - drinking buddy quest, the drinking buddy is completely gone and I can't progress.

One is minor - Stealth sniping like I do, headshot a Legendary Raider. His head exploded but his body literally launched like a fucking space rocket straight up in the air like 2 miles.

I don't understand the class cutscene in
Vault 81

Shit was so weird, and had the strangest camera angles. On top of the awful writing.

Lanrutcon

My latest save is in the middle of that mission and holy fuck is ever prone to breaking. The path finding can't handle those tight tunnels with that amount of characters following. The floating robot you need to blow open the walls clipped into the uneven ground at one point and got completely stuck.

I have never used the command console as much as I've had to in this game. How the fuck do you platinum this game on a console? you don't, because half the game is buggy as shit and if even one quest breaks you're fucked.

Mahonay

Banned
I've only had two bugs in about 60 hours of play myself.

One is major - drinking buddy quest, the drinking buddy is completely gone and I can't progress.

One is minor - Stealth sniping like I do, headshot a Legendary Raider. His head exploded but his body literally launched like a fucking space rocket straight up in the air like 2 miles.
I had a funny one where a Radscorpion burrowed up out of the ground in front of me, but rocketed straight up into the air when it broke ground. It died from the fall.

This has been my worst bug so far.
http://youtu.be/RVVBGoRBOOA

ryan13ts

I can understand your angry because you've lost progress, I would be too. But I've been playing Bethsoft games since Morrowind and Fallout 4 is by far and large the least buggy game they've ever made.

Ditto here since Morrowind, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one; In my playtime, this is easily the MOST buggy game I've played from them. I've had all kinds of ridiculous things happen to me in this game, from the small sort of funny stuff, like NPC's getting stuck in various places or things disappearing and reappearing in odd places, to the absolute unacceptable, like having a number of my saves just vanish for no reason or save corruption.

The base game is fantastic but there's no excuse for the technical issues here IMO. There's no way they'd be able to get away with shipping stuff like this a few generations ago, and the digitial age of updates and patches has pretty much lead to this mentality of "It's still broken? Fuck it, we'll patch it later. Ship that shit out!" that I'm sick of.

No game will be 110% glitch free, but stuff on the level of what I and I know other people have experienced in just lame.

Mahonay

Banned
I have never used the command console as much as I've had to in this game. How the fuck do you platinum this game on a console? you don't, because half the game is buggy as shit and if even one quest breaks you're fucked.
I changed my autosave to save every 5 minutes and I quicksave constantly. I'm always worried about what might break.

Still really like the game but fuck.

But you did beat it didn't you? You used a tactic that anyone could have used without cobsole commands! The game itself tells you some areas further south have stronger enemies, and you could have still taken the missions from the othertwo to get stronger, or heck, you could have saw what the other factions were about..

you're expecting a skyrim enemies level with you experience, catered to your pace experience, this is the wasteland mang, ain't no baby pacing here, get gud or get smart ; you got smart,and thats gud!

1. Yes, further down south. This area was north of Diamond City.
2. I'm not expecting a Skyrim experience, not sure where you got that from. I'm expecting missions that makes sense with the context of the quests storyline. This didn't.
3. As for getting good, I don't really see being forced to use exploits inte the game as getting good.

Not completely sure why anyone would defend that mission like that. I like the game overall, it's awesome and it has several quests that is really good, but this was a poorly designed one.

Kamina777

Banned
Finally finished my first playthrough and sided with BoS (because reasons). Despite all the issues Fallout 4 has, combat is what puts this game in its place.

In celebration of completing my first playthrough I decided to make a power armor video to personally express what makes this game great. Enjoy and see you guys in the Commonwealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6wqcnHSMuY
That was actually pretty epic..that ending shot especially the weapon and enemy made it worth the price of admission.

lt519

Finally got Benevolent Leader trophy to pop, that was really annoying, wish I hadn't bothered. Was sitting on 99 with an up arrow for a while, not sure if it was just time but I started spamming paintings and it ticked up after placing one.

Kamina777

Banned
1. Yes, further down south. This area was north of Diamond City.
2. I'm not expecting a Skyrim experience, not sure where you got that from. I'm expecting missions that makes sense with the context of the quests storyline. This didn't.
3. As for getting good, I don't really see being forced to use exploits inte the game as getting good.

Not completely sure why anyone would defend that mission like that. I like the game overall, it's awesome and it has several quests that is really good, but this was a poorly designed one.
Dude you are going to places where brotherhood soldiers went and were never heard from alive again..how is that for story context? They even let you get quests from two other npc's the whole while..

Just accept you tried to play the game with a build that can barely handle every single mission in this game at low levels and move on, it will not hurt you. That mission was a highlight for anyone to test their combat efficiency, many fail and go back later, there is no shame in that, but crying about this mission just because you're able to take it as early in the game as you would like and saying its bad design in a free roam game is disingenuous.

Top Bottom