• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Lanrutcon

Was it a .esp/.esm/.bsa mod? Back in Fo3, F:NV and Skyrim I remember people making .esp/.esm/.bsa mods with really hacky tools before the official toolkit from Bethesda was out and it corrupted save files heavily, a lot completely randomly.

Might be, I guess? Ah well.

All these people with their Gauss Rifles and I havent seen a single one after 40 hours. Feels bad man

There is one inside the gun shop on board the Prydwen. You'll need a good hacking or lockpicking skill to get in and it takes some maneuvering to become hidden, but the gunsmith doesn't give a shit if he sees you walking around back there.

Watevaman

Hard drive is fine, folder is fine, files are there. I have 1 mod installed that increases legendary occurrence rate, but I lost saves that I had from before the mod even.

Meh. Guess I start again and use console commands to boost me back to 62.

RIP Nathan Crosswood, master engineer and bane of giant mosquitoes everywhere.

4PU5FjV.png

XVFD27b.png

Where did you get that jacket? Looks BOS. I named my character McReady and it would fit so well.

rdytoroll

There is one inside the gun shop on board the Prydwen. You'll need a good hacking or lockpicking skill to get in and it takes some maneuvering to become hidden, but the gunsmith doesn't give a shit if he sees you walking around back there.

I really don't wanna piss off the Brotherhood, but I'll keep that in mind

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hard drive is fine, folder is fine, files are there. I have 1 mod installed that increases legendary occurrence rate, but I lost saves that I had from before the mod even.

Meh. Guess I start again and use console commands to boost me back to 62.

RIP Nathan Crosswood, master engineer and bane of giant mosquitoes everywhere.

4PU5FjV.png

XVFD27b.png

That sucks badly. I can't imagine a worse thing in a game like this, BUT for the fact that whenever I'm playing a Bethesda game, I'm basically always planning out my next playthrough and it takes a lot of self control not to just keep making new characters. I always want to go back to encounters that I found SO hard as a noob that are now trivial and see how my level of knowledge improves my chances.

Bummed for you, but I'd try and take it as a blessing in disguise and just sink another 100+ hours into the new guy.

Lanrutcon

oh! I thought it looked familiar. How is it as far as armor protection goes?

Very solid. Lovely ballistic protection, no energy protection. Best looking armor in the game.

I hear that advancing the questline for a certain faction unlocks clothing upgrades, and you can upgrade the coat.

Badgerst3

I can't really explain why- but this game has taken over my life.

Up till 3am again last night- wife grumpy cuz I snored when I went to bed so late- kid grumpy cuz I did not make her Sunday breakfast-

And all I can think about is how I need to get back to Trinity Tower to snag Strong- send him to Red Rocket- rejoin Piper- and grind for gun nut 2 perk.

This game man!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Can you not put your old Hard Drive on a PC and move your save to a usb?
I formated the old drive immediately after removing it from the PS4 because I had plans for it and it was during the formatting process that it hit me that I forgot to upload to recent saves to the cloud.

Can you save
Kent? I have a save right when the guy starts talking. Seems he's dead before I can stop it, I'm a melee guy so all I have is a pistol for ranged combat.

rdytoroll

What's a good way to get bottlecaps btw.? I'm selling things I don't need, do quests etc. but I always hover around 3-4k cause I need ammo.

Prodigal

Banned
So I have the quest to investigate some battle site where some old BoS guys got slaughtered. I don't think this is a spoiler because you come across their corpses just by exploring no matter what part of the story you're on. The problem is that after listening to one of the dead guys' holotape it tells me to investigate the battle site. But the marker keeps showing up on the map right next me wherever I go. Soooo basically I have no idea where the site is as a result. If for some reason this is spoiler territory I'll tag it but I'd like some help on where the actual site is.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I remember where I stored some weapons like Big Boy but I can't remember the settlement name.

I do remember it being close to a Death Claw which was living down below in a tunnel or something and it was surround by houses. One of the houses has its door chained from the inside. Anyone have an idea where I mean? ;p

ckohler

I know this is a stupid question but I want to definitively know:

If I beat the main quest, I can keep playing and doing all of the side quests?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you go so much xp from building without noticing

I know this is a stupid question but I want to definitively know:

If I beat the main quest, I can keep playing and doing all of the side quests?

Yes, though keep in mind beating the main quest is going to involve pissing at least two factions off so you'll be locked out of their quests in post-game.

alexbull_uk

I remember where I stored some weapons like Big Boy but I can't remember the settlement name.

I do remember it being close to a Death Claw which was living down below in a tunnel or something and it was surround by houses. One of the houses has its door chained from the inside. Anyone have an idea where I mean? ;p

Could have been Greentop Nursery. There's a Deathclaw in a house nearby that's fallen down a sinkhole, and if you go down the sinkhole you'll come back up in a house that's chained inside.

Asking again because I don't think I got an answer. Any tips on gunplay to a Fallout noob. I feel like I enter a room and I have 4 people firing on me with automatics from all angles all the time. Seems I need a ton of stuff to recoup my HP, so any tips?

I try to grab their attention and pull them to a position of my advantage

NinjaJesus

Bleh, anyone have a link to a rundown of the callsigns you find throughout Fallout?

Like the thieves guild in Skyrim? The ones that signify a safe space, or dead drop, not safe, etc?

120v

Can you save
Kent? I have a save right when the guy starts talking. Seems he's dead before I can stop it, I'm a melee guy so all I have is a pistol for ranged combat.

if you don't have enough charisma there's pretty much no way to save him unless you spam buffout, jet and whatever drugs you have, move forward and left from the elevator but not far out enough to trigger the cut scene, and spam VATS on Sinjin's right arm which cripples it to where he can't shoot Kent. it's kind of tricky because even in VATS Kent can get in your way and get killed, so it may take a few tries to see how many specific shots you need to take on sinjin.

it's apparently a pain in the ass and if you aren't interested in upgrading your silver shroud armor i wouldn't bother.

Top Bottom