• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Kaname

Well, finished the main storyline yesterday evening and
ended up siding with the Brotherhood of Steel. All in all it was pretty fun following Liberty Prime wrecking havoc and smashing Behemots as if they where some random bugs.

Only complain I have is that I found the roleplaying choices a bit weak, and the fact that you can help every faction almost to the end without any kind of ripercussion on the dialogues didn't really help.

Also, is it just me or is the main quest really short? Like 10-15 mission at most?
I clocked around 90 hours of playtime but that's on the highest difficulty with lot of deaths in the earlt stages and a focus on exploration and subquests (still have a ton to do and explore actually) but I found it rather disappointing how fast the events took place and resolved themselves.

Let's not talk about the incipit of the adventure as well lol in probably less than an hour you withstand a nuclear war, wake up after 200 years, kill hideous creatures and and crazy people, obtain your suit of power armor and kill a fucking deathclaw with a minigun. Talk about excalation son ;)

All in all a really positive experience, rpg mechanics are now barebones I'd say but at least the gameplay doesn't feel too clunky like with the missed shots at really close range like it happened with Fallout 3 and NV. I still think that a stronger roleplaying approach would greatly benefit from its setting and really interesting lore. Imagine being able to choose to start as a ghoul, a runaway synth or a raider. How cool would that be? Of course the whole main quest would have to be adapted and split to the point of being way to generalized probably but it would make for an incredibly immersive experience in my opinion.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda long post but it's time for me to go back to the Commonwealth and keep exploring. I'll probably wait for the release of more mods to start another playtrough with a cute and innocent girl that will side with the Railroad and save everyone <3

Clevinger

So I went back to Sanctuary to craft something and in the middle of it I keep hearing this "moooooooo" to my right. I go looking around and

NT2uRHc.jpg

4VzCwHk.jpg

Is this mission bugged: S
ynth
R
etention

I go to meet the Courser and these Brotherhood soldiers show up and start shooting him. How do I do it without killing the soldiers and pissing off the Brotherhood

You can just kill them straight up without pissing anyone off. I tried to wait it out but the fight was taking FOREVER so I just ended it myself. No consequences.

Pilgrimzero

Marcy Long is a bitch and I want her out of my town.

I made her run the General goods Trade store. Sigh.

Her "We aren't friends. What do the fuck do you want?"
Me "I'd kill you if I didn't need you to run this store. What do you have to trade today?"

Then I made the depressed guy run the armor store

Him "I'm so depressed. I hope those Raiders got what they deserve"
Me "I killed them 12 days ago, jeeze. What do you have to trade today?"

My 2 best salesmen in Sanctuary Hills! I'm a good manager.

SaberVulcan

I'm not sure where did I mess it up, but my settlers just won't get in to the bar. They're just standing in line near the stall.

This happens with pretty much all of my towns. 90% of the settlers/followers will congregate in 1 spot and just idle, even if they are supposed to be doing a job.

In the
Red Rocket
town, they actually will stand in 2 spots because I built a ladder to reach the roof, so they will stand in the same spot via X/Y, but different Z.

I assumed it was just another fun glitch.

Coxy100

Banned
Started playing this yesterday - fuck me is it awesome. So far only made it just past that red rocket petrol place - but having great fun

Can't wait for my wife to head to bed tonight... gaming night will commence :)

So I went back to Sanctuary to craft something and in the middle of it I keep hearing this "moooooooo" to my right. I go looking around and

This actually just happened to me, the cow was stuck in the doorway. And I had to turn in a quest to Preston, who was sleeping in the living room behind it, so I couldn't get to him.

Carcetti

Regarding BoS, pls if someone can give me a relatively spoiler free hint:

I joined them and the only thing I can do since then are the inifinite kill (clear random area x) and fetch (retrieve random artifact x from location x) quests. Seems like im missing the trigger to continue the "main" quest?

You need to do exactly that, continue the main quest.

This game was tough going..untl I got the Overseer's Rifle from Vault 81. Man. Things die pretty easy now.

I essentially keep my fully modded versions of that and the gauss rifle inside of a "break in case of emergency" case. Even on very hard, I try to avoid using those unless I'm getting my ass kicked since they are essentially instant win buttons, especially once you start loading points into the luck VATS-related perks.

Pilgrimzero

This happens with pretty much all of my towns. 90% of the settlers/followers will congregate in 1 spot and just idle, even if they are supposed to be doing a job.

In the
Red Rocket
town, they actually will stand in 2 spots because I built a ladder to reach the roof, so they will stand in the same spot via X/Y, but different Z.

I assumed it was just another fun glitch.

At the Drive In, the settlers will stand near the radioactive pool of water and eventually collapse.

then stand back up

And eventually collapse

then stand back up

etc etc etc

How about your dumb asses not stand near the radioactive waste?

At the Drive In, the settlers will stand near the radioactive pool of water and eventually collapse.

then stand back up

And eventually collapse

then stand back up

etc etc etc

I built a fence around the pool to prevent this haha

psylah

Where did you find this power armor/its components? I keep seeing it during the loading screen but have no idea where I would even begin to look.

I'm not at home but I could tell you exactly where I found it when I see a map. I remember coming out of a 3-level school, getting a radio signal for a Military checkpoint, and heading out the door to the right. It was halfway between the school and a junkyard full of super mutants. It was abandoned on a road by an open APC that was being guarded by a Mr. Gutsy that exploded when it died.

then stand back up

And eventually collapse

then stand back up

etc etc etc

Scrap all of the barrels and some of the cars around the water. The radioactivity will stop after that.

just scrap the barrels, I put my house over the water with a purifier in it
no radiation
and I have a block wall around the entire premise. its nice to actually walk around my wall
and I used the floors to tie In all my building so I can walk around my perimeter and onto the roofs of my buildings

unfortunately so do my peeps, its funny seeing them on my roofs

Have a graphical bug that appeared out of nowhere. All water in the game doesn't have animations when you step in them or rain drops on the water making ripple effects, same with walking in the water. It's just like static water that's transparent like how water used to be many years ago in games. However sometimes when I look at a certain angle to the water it'll display, but then if I move the camera slightly it won't and if I put it back at the position it worked in it still doesn't work, then I move the camera randomly to find a new position where I can see the animation. Really weird.

GReeeeN

I really really want to play more of this game but there's nothing left to do, the wasteland feels so dead now :(

it's really disappointing seeing no quests available, and all
Locations visited at around 60hrs :(

Pilgrimzero

I'm not quite getting how supply lines work.

I send a Sanctuary minion to be a supply line for lets say the drive in. Yet the drive in doesn't have my Sanctuary stuff listed at the workbench.

Does it only make the stuff from the Drive In into the Sanctuary workshop? Shouldn't it work both ways?

psylah

Where did you find this power armor/its components? I keep seeing it during the loading screen but have no idea where I would even begin to look.

Found a map with the area. I found it near an APC in this pink box.

Map spoilers below:

s9PgjXv.png

I'm not quite getting how supply lines work.

I send a Sanctuary minion to be a supply line for lets say the drive in. Yet the drive in doesn't have my Sanctuary stuff listed at the workbench.

Does it only make the stuff from the Drive In into the Sanctuary workshop? Shouldn't it work both ways?

Only the scrappable junk stuff would show up. Stuff like Aid/Weapons don't transfer (If that is what you are asjking)

If the Junk stuff is not showing up..then I'm not sure why it is doing that. I've always sent the trade line from the other settlements back to Sanctuary.

psylah

My mission for this holiday weekend: Build a labyrinth in my homestead with all the beds on the floor above it, so that everyone has to walk through it to go to bed.

You can build a trough that the Brahmin will stay near. It's in one of the Misc menus.

Put it on a roof for extra fun times.

You need to be level 40+ for it to appear.

I don't think I'm level 40...

lt519

I really really want to play more of this game but there's nothing left to do, the wasteland feels so dead now :(

it's really disappointing seeing no quests available, and all
Locations visited at around 60hrs :(

That's where I'm at. Need a break before I go for a different experience by trying a sneak/melee build. Probably going to do it when the DLC drops.

Sarcasm

Is pumping 3 perk points (2 into char) worth it for supply lines?

Also how do replace mods on weapons? Can I take an advanced stock off a double barrel and put it on a combat shotgun?

Scrap all of the barrels and some of the cars around the water. The radioactivity will stop after that.

Can't you just salvage all the radioactive stuff and the water won't be poison anymore? Or maybe that's a glitch in my game.

just scrap the barrels, I put my house over the water with a purifier in it
no radiation
and I have a block wall around the entire premise. its nice to actually walk around my wall
and I used the floors to tie In all my building so I can walk around my perimeter and onto the roofs of my buildings

unfortunately so do my peeps, its funny seeing them on my roofs

Or just scrap the barrels :)

Good little pool you can stick 2 industrial water purifiers in there.

Sweet! Had no idea! Thanks all. :)

thenexus6

She always comes up and talks to me (about how I'm wasting her time talking to her...) when I'm crafting shit. I want to kill her but I can't without turning everyone.

As far as i'm aware you can't kill her or send her away. I might just build a metal box on the outskirts of town and command her to go there. Tired of hearing her shit.

Jintor

i'm really enjoying this, but... i really want obsidian's fallout game based on this now

even though it'd be like twenty times buggier lol

lt519

Looks like Army Fatigues. I've been wearing them most of the game. They don't provide any DEF protection. They instead up your STR and AGL by 1.

When you get Ballistic Weave mod they become the best under armor in the game. They have 110 dmg resist and 110 energy resist.

GReeeeN

That's where I'm at. Need a break before I go for a different experience by trying a sneak/melee build. Probably going to do it when the DLC drops.

I don't know what people are doing with 100+ hour save files and stillhave a bunch of quests, it doesn't make sense!!! How!?!?!?

thenexus6

I have a cow on my roof, it mooos every time I enter the town.. I tried knocking it down by walking into it but nothing. I killed it but the body just stays up there. Super annoying.

Top Bottom