• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Aaron D.

Rank 3 perception perk Awareness lets you see level and resistances through VATS
FZnjU.png

I picked this perk last night and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Maybe it's due to having close to 60 hours under my belt in standard VATS, but my first impression of the Awareness info bar was that it was obtrusive to the overall UI in VATS mode.

I'm considering rolling back an older save to just be rid of the perk but I'm unsure if I should play a bit more with the perk enabled to see if I get used to it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject after sticking with the Awareness perk for a while? Beyond the visual thing, did you find it useful tactically?

I was wrong about the perks. You really can't spec in everything and builds do matter. There's a limited amount of content sans radial quests. 150 hours in and it feels like I'm scraping the bottom of the bowl for the rest of the ice cream.

I'm no good at melee or pistols or heavies or gamma guns, and my luck perks aren't too impressive. I'm not sure I want to run through with another character, but it feels like it may be worth it for a strength or ninja build. I feel like I made a mistake perking in non-automatic weapons, which are far and away the best firearms on the whole.

This is why I used the dupe exploit on the "You're Special!" book to get all my traits to level 10. I've basically got an extra 40 or so level ups to spend on perks. I'll be able to explore more gameplay styles, and due to the way the perk system works (you still have to reach certain levels for certain perks, and you can still only get one per level), the game isn't feeling unbalanced or anything.

Question: I know that companions default weapons don't cost ammo, but if I grab their weapons, mod them, then give them back, will they still not cost them ammo?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is this mission bugged: S
ynth
R
etention

I go to meet the Courser and these Brotherhood soldiers show up and start shooting him. How do I do it without killing the soldiers and pissing off the Brotherhood
Just kill them. You won't piss them off.

I have an incredibly dumb question, i cant for the life of me throw a grenade. (ps4) I equip them but i dunno what to do to throw one. I skipped the nade tutorial.

psylah

If you're building a bar in your homestead, don't bother putting bottles on shelves or on the counter. I got everything placed on the counter and when I came back from questing a bit, some sort of jank phased the bottles halfway through the shelves and the ones on the counter disappeared altogether.

All that bourbon and whiskey, gone.

N° 2048

If you're building a bar in your homestead, don't bother putting bottles on shelves or on the counter. I got everything placed on the counter and when I came back from questing a bit, some sort of jank phased the bottles halfway through the shelves and the ones on the counter disappeared altogether.

I found a fix for this. Place the bottles by moving them not in Workshop mode. I have had Nuka Quatums on display + other bottles for about 60 hours of gameplay with settlers and all. Nothing has moved or gone missing.

psylah

I found a fix for this. Place the bottles by moving them not in Workshop mode. I have had Nuka Quatums on display + other bottles for about 60 hours of gameplay with settlers and all. Nothing has moved or gone missing.

Sweet, thanks. At least they threw us the bone of having the Workshop mode orient an object upright.

WTF at the Markowsi Chem Lab. Its' location is a reward from a quest where you can get like a jillion drugs, and you even need to solve an puzzle to get inside, and it has like nothing of note in it. About as much chems as the average raider den. Weird way to end that quest when the stuff you get in the middle is about 100 times more valuable.

Yeah, that was a massive let down. And I honestly felt kinda bad gunning down the helpless chemists who all bum rushed me as soon as I walked in. It would have been cool if you could have taken over the lab and had them make drugs for you or something.

Chuck

Still without luck
it's so fucking stupid you can't send nick to unlock a terminal if it's facing a wall

who fucking playtested this shit, christ

N° 2048

Sweet, thanks. At least they threw us the bone of having the Workshop mode orient an object upright.

I hope it works for you, if not shoot all your settlers but one. He will then teach the new ones what happens when you steal and move shit haha :p

lt519

Well finished my play through yesterday. Did all the factions, hit level 50, all the major side quests, have a boatload of legendary gear/armor, have a fully upgraded x01 MK VI power armor, and then wandered around aimlessly for 5 hours until I think I've seen about everything. Got the platinum because why not it was fun. Think I'll be done until the next DLC where I'll probably start a character fresh.

Incredibly fun game to just spend time in. Dialog choices were disappointing but I thought the story was still flexible enough to let you make some pretty important decisions. When siding with the (endgame spoiler)
railroad and getting that suicide letter from Patriot, jesus.
. Things like Silver Shroud and Dunwich Borers really out-shined the main story. You get OP pretty fast regardless of the difficulty but it was still a challenge early on scrapping together the pieces. Gunplay was massively improved, but not enough, I still relied on VATs pretty much exclusively. GUI is still a hot mess and I cringe thinking how many hours I probably spent of game time just because it was not intuitive comparing/sorting through gear/armor. Settlement building was not my thing, but it was fun having a home base. Ultimately it was the exploration and world building that made it so much fun.

(PS4) Slow down at Battle for Bunker Hill was unacceptable, anywhere else it was fine with some random locations not holding up to well (Corvega). Didn't freeze once, no save breaking bugs. One mission an enemy clipped into a wall and I couldn't advance until he was dead, one synth rescue mission had the synth behind some cargo I couldn't get to, and I got stuck on numerous occasions with my power armor in geometry with no way out. One auto-save file after appearing through a door getting repeatedly killed. Massive improvement over Fallout 3 and Skyrim on PS3.

Haunted

How is there no way to see which settlers are doing what in the settlements in the UI? Assigning shit is a fucking pain in the ass and literally impossible to keep track of with these random generic settlers and provisioners.

bethesda pls

N° 2048

How is there no way to see which settlers are doing what in the settlements in the UI? Assigning shit is a fucking pain in the ass and literally impossible to keep track of with these random generic settlers and provisioners.

bethesda pls

Huge oversight, for real. PC mods will fix that so fast but consoles? :(

We can't even rename our settlers.

todahawk

bethesda pls

yeah, they really need to address that officially. there's gotta be some mechanism to show who's doing what.

bethesda pls

I just realized when you highlight a settler in build mode it also highlights the things he's working on. Was highlighting my farmers and the vegetables they're working on lit up in green.

N° 2048

yeah, they really need to address that officially. there's gotta be some mechanism to show who's doing what.

The only way is to move your crosshair over them and it will highlight what they are working on.

edit: Blue Ninja was faster. He is indeed, a ninja,

psylah

bethesda pls

I had to put all my shops and farms within eyeshot of each other, and a bell between them.

Ring the bell, bring everyone near, and when you look at a person in Workshop mode, it lights up what they are assigned to as well.

It's shitty, yeah.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?

Where did you find this power armor/its components? I keep seeing it during the loading screen but have no idea where I would even begin to look.

Sarcasm

Killed the queen at lvl 17 and got nothing useful. Sure was easy to kill the dig before her and even getting to the location was hard. Why is this?

Also Tempted to dump points into charisma to get supply love but that is like three perk points.

Rixxan

ive spent 60 hours on the game and cant finish because of a bug, no one seems to know how to help with it either, pretty fucking disappointed

im level 37 and it just keeps repeating the same minutemen go protect this settlement quests without ever triggering the next step

I was doing a quest in a building and I activated a protectron as law enforcement. I was right near it and it was fine but then I walked into a room and a defense drone started firing at me. I didnt return fire at all but then the protectron started firing at me too. :/

I reloaded a save and the same shit happened. As soon as the defense drone started firing at me the protectron hunted me down. Whats with that?

Am I the only one who never recognized the characters from FO3 that show up again in this?

Dr. Li I got, that one was obvious, but MacReady was the mayor from Little Lamplight? Elder Maxson was the kid Elder Lyons was watching over? I had no idea until it became explicitly clear in-game.

ive spent 60 hours on the game and cant finish because of a bug, no one seems to know how to help with it either, pretty fucking disappointed

im level 37 and it just keeps repeating the same minutemen go protect this settlement quests without ever triggering the next step

What's the bug? I'm pretty sure those dumb Minutemen quests repeat ad infinitum.

I was doing a quest in a building and I activated a protectron as law enforcement. I was right near it and it was fine but then I walked into a room and a defense drone started firing at me. I didnt return fire at all but then the protectron started firing at me too. :/

I reloaded a save and the same shit happened. As soon as the defense drone started firing at me the protectron hunted me down. Whats with that?
Probably a bug. Usually, NPC's would attack me if I'm in a power armor. Reloaded a quicksave, got out of the power armor and they didn't attack me.

Pilgrimzero

Dunwich Burors is no joke. Yeesh. If you go there, better go correct.

Also, had to runaway from my first Deathclaw. Just got done fighting some Raiders. I wasn't in my Power Armor or had any of my "big guns" on me. It pops up and starts savaging Nick, so I fled. And all I could remember was the Railroad lady asking me "Would you sacrifice yourself for a Synth?" Sorry Nick, turns out I'm a liar.

The Robot Navy was funny though I hate to think how hard some of that would be if i didn't have a fairly nice Sniper Rifle with me,

I've been trying to clean up my side missions but I complete one only to gain another. And Preston keeps giving me settlements to help! Dang, Preston I need to find my son!

Rixxan

What's the bug? I'm pretty sure those dumb Minutemen quests repeat ad infinitum.

i have a quest called
Form Ranks
that, without spoiling things, is related to the main quest line and tells me to establish settlements for the minutemen in order for <purposely vague> other things to happen

according to what i'm reading i have the right amount of settlements and should have been done with this hours ago, but they just keep repeating and nothing triggers for me to be able to wrap up the main story

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Brotherhood of Steel
mission Feeding the Troops, anyone else getting the same farm given to them over and over to "convince" them to
donate food to the Brotherhood?

The "Extra Work" mission given by
Proctor Teagan
in the
Prydwen
armory.

I get the XP each time, but then the same farm (County Crossing) is given again.... wonder if it will fix itself once I've progressed the
Brotherhood
missions more...

I've noticed on some loading screens there is a Chameleon Death Claw mentioned.

The only Chameleon creature I have come across is the King Minelurk on Spectacle Island. Has anyone "seen" the Chameleon Deathclaw

Man this game needs a warning sticker! Highly Addictive Stuff!!!

My Savegame says I've played for 102 Hours and 50 Minutes, I'm Level 43 and completed 5 Main Quests and 12 Side Quests but 36 BoS Quests and 11 Minutemen Quests.

I think I'm playing this game for the rest of the year.

Pilgrimzero

Man this game needs a warning sticker! Highly Addictive Stuff!!!

My Savegame says I've played for 102 Hours and 50 Minutes, I'm Level 43 and completed 5 Main Quests and 12 Side Quests but 36 BoS Quests and 11 Minutemen Quests.

I think I'm playing this game for the rest of the year.

Wait wait, how do you get that info? I need to see mine

ynth
R
etention

I go to meet the Courser and these Brotherhood soldiers show up and start shooting him. How do I do it without killing the soldiers and pissing off the Brotherhood

Same thing happened to me. I just let them kill each other and once I got up to the Synth the BOS were nowhere to be found.

This happens a lot towards the later main missions if you've at least started multiple faction quests. It's annoying.

SaberVulcan

ynth
R
etention

The
Courser
cannot be killed, so I just went AFK and waited for him to win the fight.

Chameleon armor is awesome. But my only peeve is it makes your Pipboy unreadable when you're invisible. SUPER bright. WTF?

Yeah I can't use Chameleon armor. This has happened way too many times, not worth it.

Regarding BoS, pls if someone can give me a relatively spoiler free hint:

I joined them and the only thing I can do since then are the inifinite kill (clear random area x) and fetch (retrieve random artifact x from location x) quests. Seems like im missing the trigger to continue the "main" quest?

Top Bottom