• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

R0ckman

Does it freeze them? I guess I'll test it out on something lol.

Yeah it freezes enemies, I only use it when desperate though. Unless my wife was out of ammo and didn't notice there is a place where it is too hot to use it and it just shoots out steam.

Separate note, for those who want a Bomber Jacket, I don't think you have to join brotherhood, I read someone found it on a dead brotherhood aspirant.

Also, how soon can I make BoS an enemy? They are cramping my style flying around and pooping out their puppets on my commonwealth playground.

So i dont remember the name of the location cause i was doing it last night but you know that quest that boat and you go to a building full of robots? Theres a section where they train mr handys and each room unlocks, like the first one was how to punish the child, next was how to calm a crying baby and the last room is to baby proof the room, how do you baby proof it? I looted everything in the damn room including the machete in the fridge but it keeps telling me to baby proof the room

Watevaman

Would you all say that the crafting perks are worth it? I've got level 2 in Science, Gun Nut, and Armorer and just hit level 27 and have two perk points to spend. I threw them into the third levels of Gun Nut and Armorer because I am crafting more and more stuff for my weapons, but I'm also finding a lot of weapons in the field that have mods where I can simply build the standard to have them.

Anustart

Hell I'm 20 hours in and didn't know I could scrap armor and weapons. Speaking of which, I need better armor, been rolling with junk forever.

Mod that adds a TON of new objects to place in your settlement

Mod that allows you to place an object even though the outline is red (completely eliminating the clipping issues).

Mods that remove the settlement size limits.

Increased power for generators.

Console command (not really a mod) that lets you start a settlement anywhere in the world.

Using the console to fly around when building.

Using the setpos command to fine-tune an object's location and ground everything properly (like the sunken walls in the lower right of this shot)

Pretty sure something like this would be impossible on console.

TGM (god mode, but gives you unlimited resources).

And that's just the start. Pretty sure that we'll be able to build our own "Megaton" from Fallout 3 eventually.

lt519

Whoa, really? I'm going to build towards that. I assume I'll need Armorer Rank 3 or 4 to do that?

Armor Rank 4, well really each rank gets you a better Weave. Rank 1 is 45/45 resist all the way up to rank 4 110/100.

You need to get the Ballistic Weave mod unlocked from a certain someone though.

You can even put it on hats like Battered Fedora. Not just Military Fatigues too, the wiki page has a list of everything you can do with it.

minor spoilers because of who you obtain it from:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_weave

Leezard

Is the Cryolator worth keeping in your inventory? Use the glitch to get it but haven't really tried to use it yet.

I found it really useful for a tough savage deathclaw fight where you are forced to be in close to melee range. Other times, regular rifles are more useful.

thenexus6

Fallout_4_20151123161250.png

Fallout_4_20151123161340.png

GRTLIhvNNQ11K.gif

Mod that adds a TON of new objects to place in your settlement

Mod that allows you to place an object even though the outline is red (completely eliminating the clipping issues).

Mods that remove the settlement size limits.

Increased power for generators.

Console command (not really a mod) that lets you start a settlement anywhere in the world.

Using the console to fly around when building.

Using the setpos command to fine-tune an object's location and ground everything properly (like the sunken walls in the lower right of this shot)

Pretty sure something like this would be impossible on console.

TGM (god mode, but gives you unlimited resources).

And that's just the start. Pretty sure that we'll be able to build our own "Megaton" from Fallout 3 eventually.

Is there a mod where you can name your settlers/settlements?

ckohler

Armor Rank 4, well really each rank gets you a better Weave. Rank 1 is 45/45 resist all the way up to rank 4 110/100.

You can even put it on hats like Battered Fedora. Not just Military Fatigues too, the wiki page has a list of everything you can do with it.

Thank you. This is super helpful and is going to be my next objective.

lt519

Thank you. This is super helpful and is going to be my next objective.

Yeah the fact that you can give your under armor and a hat both 110/110 resist basically triples your damage resistance in most cases. It's kind of crazy, I didn't know this until I was basically done with the game.

BLunted

Banned

Cool, I did not know that. I hate the look of custom armour, so at least I have this to look forward to.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How do I unlock the clothing mods from the Railroad? Read that I am supposed to do a couple of sidequests for PAM and Tinker Tom. Did a few of Tom's quests but I never get any quests from PAM when I speak to her

lt519

Cool, I did not know that. I hate the look of custom armour, so at least I have this to look forward to.

Beware, it's essentially game breaking. You go from a full set of Heavy Combat Armor clocking in around 110/110 to a Hat that is 110/110 and a under armor (military fatigues) at 110/110. Now you are at 330/330 which is a crazy amount of armor outside of a Power Suit. Although you could always just throw it on a Tuxedo and run around at 110/110 and call it a day.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How do I unlock the clothing mods from the Railroad? Read that I am supposed to do a couple of sidequests for PAM and Tinker Tom. Did a few of Tom's quests but I never get any quests from PAM when I speak to her
Do Side Quest #1 to "prove your worth"
Do Side Quest #2 from Doctor that involves H2
Do Side Quest #3 from Doctor to scope out an old Hideout
Do Side Quest #4 from PAM to unlock Island Settlement
Do Side Quest #5 from PAM to gather loot/inventory/stock for the organization
***Talk to Tom to unlock it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So uh how do I get out of the power armor? Just did the Minutemen quest in the beginning. Do I continue wearing it til I get to Sanctuary?
Hold X or A Button...
Not sure about PC.

Maybesew

Hey what's the deal with Vault
?

I failed the tour quest with the little kid because I walked too far away from him, and i've talked with everyone and there doesn't seem to be any quests or anything to actually do here despite some interesting dialogue with the residents. Is there nothing to do there for now? or ever?

lt519

Apparently you can apply the Ballistic Weave to Robotic Bits which are glasses. 440/440 here I come...now just have to find those.

edit: not sure anyone has found any yet..

ckohler

Yeah the fact that you can give your under armor and a hat both 110/110 resist basically triples your damage resistance in most cases. It's kind of crazy, I didn't know this until I was basically done with the game.

Crazy. As someone who's not a fan of wearing the Power Armor, this is a godsend. This is probably the most useful tip I've seen and yet, after 50 hours of playing and reading this thread daily, I never knew this.

BLunted

Banned
Beware, it's essentially game breaking. You go from a full set of Heavy Combat Armor clocking in around 110/110 to a Hat that is 110/110 and a under armor (military fatigues) at 110/110. Now you are at 330/330 which is a crazy amount of armor outside of a Power Suit. Although you could always just throw it on a Tuxedo and run around at 110/110 and call it a day.

Yeah, I would just scrap the external armour for the improved esthetic of clothing.

Hey what's the deal with Vault
?

I failed the tour quest with the little kid because I walked too far away from him, and i've talked with everyone and there doesn't seem to be any quests or anything to actually do here despite some interesting dialogue with the residents. Is there nothing to do there for now? or ever?

You can get quests there. Talk with the teacher is one and one unlocks from the doctor after a while, dont know if you have to leave and then come back.

lt519

You can get quests there. Talk with the teacher is one and one unlocks from the doctor after a while, dont know if you have to leave and then come back.

I had to talk to a kid in the classroom to get a quest to find her cat. After that the main side quest unlocked

Crazy. As someone who's not a fan of wearing the Power Armor, this is a godsend. This is probably the most useful tip I've seen and yet, after 50 hours of playing and reading this thread daily, I never knew this.

Thank Everyday Math she pointed it out on Friday I think. Not sure she knows about the hat part of it though.

Yeah, I would just scrap the external armour for the improved esthetic of clothing.

Forbes article suggests just wearing a 110/110 fedora and running around naked. Cait will appreciate it.

Xion_Stellar

I mentioned the Mid before but I didn't go into details because it's too game breaking imo and the game is already easy enough as it is even on Survivor Mode.

Bethesda did a horrible job at balancing the amount of Mod opportunities in the game with the actual difficulty.

Steejee

So..when the BoS rolls into town, was anyone's first reaction

"Gosh. I want to blow that shit up something fierce."?

My first was really 'ooooo' cause it was well timed with a radiation storm.

My second was laughter as apparently they picked the wrong band of raiders to attack and got utterly annihilated (which is strange as I've seen them destroy Deathclaws easily). I don't know where the BoS is keeping all those spare power suits/aircraft/troops, but goddamn they go through them quick.

BLunted

Banned
Quick question, does the Gun Fu perk work with melee? I imagine it does, judging by the description, but the name is throwing me off and was looking for confirmation from someone who has tried it?

EDIT: In case anyone else was wondering, google search actually indicates that it does NOT work with melee. Bummer, since the description made no specific mention of guns, I actually thought it might :-(

Forbes article suggests just wearing a 110/110 fedora and running around naked. Cait will appreciate it.
LOL

lt519

I mentioned the Mid before but I didn't go into details because it's too game breaking imo and the game is already easy enough as it is even on Survivor Mode.

Bethesda did a horrible job at balancing the amount of Mod opportunities in the game with the actual difficulty.

But to be fair you can just run around doing the entire game in Power Armor as well. At least that has health though. Different difficulty levels in these games have always been artificial anyway. It just scales damage which isn't really adding difficulty, just forces you to be a little less Rambo.

Also where do you sell stuff for bottlecaps? Or should I just be scrapping extra pistols and stuff for parts?

Diamond City, Goodneighbor, and Bunker Hill have a lot of vendors you can offload onto. You can build stores in your own settlements as well. Each faction also has some people/doctors you can barter with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone asked me last night when I was at work to post some pics of my updated Lighthouse, just took a bunch of them...too many (48), and I dont want to make a giant post and annoy people, is there a easy way to make an album somewhere?

Valus

So far I'm really disappointed with the vaults of this game. I've found a couple and they aren't even close to the quality of say Vault 11 from New Vegas. =\

BLunted

Banned
someone asked me last night when I was at work to post some pics of my updated Lighthouse, just took a bunch of them...too many (48), and I dont want to make a giant post and annoy people, is there a easy way to make an album somewhere?

Flickr is pretty good

Xion_Stellar

Also where do you sell stuff for bottlecaps? Or should I just be scrapping extra pistols and stuff for parts?
If you continue playing the Main Quest Line you will be taken to Diamond City where you can sell your stuff to vendors. There's also Drumlin Diner down the road from Concord that has two parties disputing over caps and if you settle the matter for them (peacefully or not) you get 1 vendor or both to stay in the diner to buy/sell things from.

****If you side with the mother than she can sell you a rare sword and of course you can still buy it from her if you side with both of them.

huh, pleasantly surprised to find an INT skill check in the game during the quest for
the U.S.S. Constitution
. Based on what I've heard, I thought the only skill checks in the game were the CHA-based dialogue ones.

ckohler

Beware, it's essentially game breaking.

I've actually been struggling with armor. Most of the undergarments are ugly (except Army Fatigues which offer no Defense) and some of the over-armor is also ugly and weak. I haven't gotten the Armorer Perk yet, either. The ability to be able to be well armored and look good is very appealing to me. If the game gets too easy, I can always reduce the amount of armor.

Thank Everyday Math she pointed it out on Friday I think. Not sure she knows about the hat part of it though.

This thread moves fast so I probably overlooked it. At any rate, one of my favorite things about Oblivion was enchanting and how ridiculously OP you could become. I like that it's possible where as in Skyrim, they totally gimped the enchanting options.

Top Bottom