• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Citadel

I just got the game yesterday on PS4, and I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug or if I just don't understand something about power armor. After I got my first power amor, I went back to the workshop at the Red Rocket and left my power armor there. It is no longer there, and I cannot find it anywhere I took it. I only have one piece of the armor left, and I've stored that in the mod station. Does anyone know if this is a bug, or does power armor just go to some specific location when you're not using it?

If you left the fusion core in the power armor, there's a good chance than an NPC just got into it and decided to either: A) Steal it; B) Take it for a joy ride.

Enemy NPC's like Raiders can apparently steal it if you leave it like that, or friendly NPC's can take it while they patrol a settlement.

So if you want to leave your Power Armor without the fear of having someone steal it, take the fusion core out and take it with you.

We're there any NPCs around? If you left the fusion core in it, an NPC will sometimes hop in. Always take out the core when not in use.

Hmmm, I probably left it in the armor. If there were any NPCs around, I didn't see them. Oh well, at least someone is getting use out of it. Guess I'll just have to wait till I find another. Thanks.

Pilgrimzero

I just got the game yesterday on PS4, and I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug or if I just don't understand something about power armor. After I got my first power amor, I went back to the workshop at the Red Rocket and left my power armor there. It is no longer there, and I cannot find it anywhere I took it. I only have one piece of the armor left, and I've stored that in the mod station. Does anyone know if this is a bug, or does power armor just go to some specific location when you're not using it?

GTA

Grand Theft Armor

You will find other armors so don't sweat it to much. I have 5 currently.

I found a random set of raider power armor, intact and with a fusion core inside. Was marked as owned by someone else so I didn't take it, just killed the raiders and let Piper pop in while I'm working on her affinity.

Time to go to Spectacle Island now, or whatever it's called.

pEpTcuU.jpg

why won't they JUST DIE? :(

Chitown B

why in the fuck does it spawn you in the middle of enemies when you fast travel? and half the time they're already shooting you while your screen is still black. It's bullshit.

Faction question.

I'm at a point where I did a quest and I can join the BoS. Does this remove me from the minute men? Can I turn down the BoS offer to do more minute men quests and join later?

How exactly does it work?

huh, pleasantly surprised to find an INT skill check in the game during the quest for
the U.S.S. Constitution
. Based on what I've heard, I thought the only skill checks in the game were the CHA-based dialogue ones.

That's the only non charisma based check I've seen in 74 hours so I hope you enjoyed it.

FStop7

Banned
I encountered my first bug in the game, outside of the typical AI pathing stuff:

I modified a rifle and now half of the time it doesn't properly render when equipped (missing pieces of just a pair of empty hands.) And sometimes it won't shoot saying that I'm missing the correct type of ammo even though there is literally ammo in the gun. If I equip another gun and switch back that seems to clear it up. But I've died a couple of times now because of the not shooting. It's kind of frustrating given I'm playing a very fragile character on Survival difficulty. The game's hard enough as it is.

Huh, I'm at the southeast corner of the map and there's something causing some kind of intermittent eathquakes here. Haven't noticed it before.

Either that or Piper's really heavy in her power armor.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Faction question.

I'm at a point where I did a quest and I can join the BoS. Does this remove me from the minute men? Can I turn down the BoS offer to do more minute men quests and join later?

How exactly does it work?
You can join all 3 major factions and along with the minor one (Minuteman) but at some point in the Main Quest Line you will have to choose a side on the 3 main factions but whoever you choose won't get you booted from the Minuteman.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ooooh Sunshine tidings Co-Op is actually good place to build aswell, lots of space, lots of possibilities. Not a big fan of the pre-fab broken houses tho,

GTA

Grand Theft Armor

You will find other armors so don't sweat it to much. I have 5 currently.

Yeah, a friend had told me about some of the different armors he has, so I wasn't too concerned, especially since I hadn't upgraded anything yet. Now that I know NPCs will just take your armor, I'm kind of hoping I'll run into whoever took it and have an epic battle to reclaim it. I'm sure that is a lot easier said than done.

Steejee

I've decided I'm just going to abandon Sanctuary all together - tear down everything I've built, send all the settlers I can to either the Drive In or Castle (though I may pick somewhere else depending on what pops up settlement wise). While I generally like Sanctuary, the pre-built buildings I can't get rid of combined with the endless whining or inactive NPCs has gotten to me. Perhaps I'll just put up a wall around the whole thing and pile it with landmines.

KevinG

The one achievement I am concerned about earning is the Benevolent Leader one. I enjoy messing around with settlements building, but not to the extent that I'm spending caps on shops and making an actual town.

And I hear it's frustrating to get.

Hhahahaha. Damn son. Someone gta'd your shit. Yo, don't leave power cores in armor. Niggas will take your shit right in front of you.

why in the fuck does it spawn you in the middle of enemies when you fast travel? and half the time they're already shooting you while your screen is still black. It's bullshit.

You know there's a spawn point you can craft and place anywhere in the settlement right??? Craft and place that shit inside a building.

Can you abandon settlements? I really get tired of taking care of these tiny settlements with 2 settlers.

Can I send them somewhere permanently? Outside supply line? IE Oberlin Station

I've decided I'm just going to abandon Sanctuary all together - tear down everything I've built, send all the settlers I can to either the Drive In or Castle (though I may pick somewhere else depending on what pops up settlement wise). While I generally like Sanctuary, the pre-built buildings I can't get rid of combined with the endless whining or inactive NPCs has gotten to me. Perhaps I'll just put up a wall around the whole thing and pile it with landmines.

I can't do that. I've built and invested too much into sanctuary in this first play through. But my future play through though. I'm avoiding that place altogether. They ain't even getting food and beds from me.

Wow, calling a Vertibird for transport is verbatim what one of my favorite Skyrim mods did. (Real-time Dragon fast travel).

I got overencumbered like crazy and just decided to give it a go. So cool.

Also great for getting the lay of the land. I took a ride across the entire map, was seeing stuff I really need to explore. :lol

sora87

The one achievement I am concerned about earning is the Benevolent Leader one. I enjoy messing around with settlements building, but not to the extent that I'm spending caps on shops and making an actual town.

It's the only thing blocking my plat. I've done the medic shop trick and it's still broken as fuck

Can you abandon settlements? I really get tired of taking care of these tiny settlements with 2 settlers.

Can I send them somewhere permanently? Outside supply line? IE Oberlin Station

After over 150 hours of play, last night I just found out you can tell settlers to go to another settlement. When you highlight a settler, select, MOVE, and the settlement list will appear. I went from like 11 settlements to like 5. This whole time I though MOVE ment, physically telling a npc to move out of your way if they're standing in a doorway or something.

This games tutorial is awesome(sarcasm)

what? why would there be enemies in my settlement? I'm talking about fast travel.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's a object you can craft and where you place it at, is where you'll spawn when you fast travel there. If you place it somewhere safe, like inside a building, you won't spawn in the middle of a group of enemies when your settlement is under attack.

After over 150 hours of play, last night I just found out you can tell settlers to go to another settlement. When you highlight a settler, select, MOVE, and the settlement list will appear. I went from like 11 settlements to like 5. This whole time I though MOVE ment, physically telling a npc to move out of your way if they're standing in a doorway or something.

This games tutorial is awesome(sarcasm)

OMG. I thought Move was meant as you did (Go fom here to here in the town) Definitely going to contract now. (Although its going to be one settlement, as I've built up my other settlements

Chitown B

That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's a object you can craft and where you place it at, is where you'll spawn when you fast travel there. If you place it somewhere safe, like inside a building, you won't spawn in the middle of a group of enemies when your settlement is under attack.

OMG listen to me. I'm talking about fast traveling to random places in the world. Not my settlement. You can't place markers out in the wild nor would you want to place 200 markers.

Kssio_Aug

I killed deathclaws, scorpions, and any other creature I found

except those god damn mosquitoes. They murdered me. Over and over again.

I'm not too strong yet, but was able to kill Rad Scorpions with my shotgun with a few shots, however DeathClaws can cause huge ammounts of damage on me really fast if I don't manage to kill him right away.

For how big the game is the enemy variety is sorely lacking.

It doesn't help that they overuse raiders and super mutants for what feels like 70-80% of locations. And I kind of wish there was some sort of nonviolent way to engage the Gunners, it doesn't make sense that an elite mercenary group would just murder the fuck out of anyone they see all the time.

Gryph

I love the settlement building stuff and I've hated every second of trying to get Benevolent Leader. I'm stuck at 99 percent after trying every trick in the book. I've wasted three months of in game time at my stupid town.

It's the worst.

BeeDog

On my way to the Glowing Sea (amazing area, by the way) I went into an electronics shack riddled with traps. In the basement of said trap there's an inactive Legendary Assaultron which I riddled with bullets, because, hey, LEGENDARY LOOT. Worst mistake ever in a confined room.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just cleared the entire Island, its...its too big guys. I cant do it, I...cant. One day, but not now ;_;

Warwick Homestead is my next one, I like the stuff already there that you can build on, nice size but not too overwhelming like the island. Yup, this is the place.

Quick shots of my previous 2

Lighthouse

Drive-In

Recall

I'm not enjoying myself at all 20 hours in. I don't understand the weapon modding system and the game just hasn't grabbed my attention at all :(

psylah

just cleared the entire Island, its...its too big guys. I cant do it, I...cant. One day, but not now ;_;

Warwick Homestead is my next one, I like the stuff already there that you can build on, nice size but not too overwhelming like the island. Yup, this is the place.

Quick shots of my previous 2

Lighthouse

Drive-In

I had built up structure for 5 stories at Sanctuary, and was starting a 6th when I fell off the roof and died. It reverted to the last save, when it was 3 stories.

Gotta rebuild, and go higher, but I have trouble thinking about what each of the floors is going to be used for.

Thinking about building a "floof", a floor roof over the entire town.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I'm not enjoying myself at all 20 hours in. I don't understand the weapon modding system and the game just hasn't grabbed my attention at all :(
The only way to acclimate yourself to the modding system is just to play with it. I didn't understand crafting at all in Fo3/NV but gave it a chance in 4. I have been able to construct some powerful weapons that I would've had to acquire through sheer luck. Same with armor.

And I kind of wish there was some sort of nonviolent way to engage the Gunners, it doesn't make sense that an elite mercenary group would just murder the fuck out of anyone they see all the time.

Or... walk into an enemy camp where there are like 12 guys walking around. They don't see me yet, but if they hear me walking, suddenly they become suspicious and start looking around. It's as if my footsteps clearly sound like the footsteps of an enemy...

Top Bottom