• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bah I fucked up, Ill try to make a flickr thing or something :(

Philippo

Found the Railroad, now i really have no idea which Faction to join with, the all give you very little background for choosing.

Plus, i'm starting to feel overwhelmed with all the quests.

Also, what's up with the surroundings of Diamond City, like i find a new bandit/supermutant/ghouls camp every two steps.

Fallout_4_20151123161250.png

Fallout_4_20151123161340.png

GRTLIhvNNQ11K.gif

Hahah good one. God i hate that bitch. You actually blocked her in with a wall or a door? I think i am going to do this too, haha.

Speaking of settlers, i was told that you can sent them out to scavenge for items. Is that true? How?

Citadel

So I - for some reason - decided to randomly stop my main save and start the game again as the vengeful wife looking to slaughter everyone in her way. I joined the Railroad with her, and while I love the silent (and suppressed weapons) approach to missions, I feel like there isn't enough... killing for this character. With my previous character (the nice guy who wants to help everyone), he leads the Minutemen. I haven't joined the Brotherhood with either. Basically, my questions are:

1) Would the Brotherhood be a better choice for my silent Black-Widow character, or should I just stick with the Railroad? Basically I want her to be evil without the "consequences" that comes from joining the wrong faction for that.. Is there an evil faction that I can join?

2) Before restarting, I was just about to venture off to the Glowing Sea to find
Vergil
... How was was/am I into the main quest?

tbd

Does someone know if the damage bonus from sneaking and the "more damage when enemy has full health" bonus stack?

And is it normal that you sometimes don't get the sneak damage boost even though you're clearly "hidden"? Guess it's a bug, can't remember if this happened in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Xeteh

Regarding BoS, pls if someone can give me a relatively spoiler free hint:

I joined them and the only thing I can do since then are the inifinite kill (clear random area x) and fetch (retrieve random artifact x from location x) quests. Seems like im missing the trigger to continue the "main" quest?

You have to progress the main story.

Danj

Is the quest where you build and activate a
Molecular Relay
to get in to
The Institute
the one which is the point of no return? I.e. do I need to have completed all my other quests before I activate that sucker?

Xeteh

Is the quest where you build and activate a
Molecular Relay
to get in to
The Institute
the one which is the point of no return? I.e. do I need to have completed all my other quests before I activate that sucker?

Nah, you're good.

Arjen

Finished up the main quest today.
Meh..
Had a blast so far, but I'm taking a break to play the Bloodborne DLC tomorrow.

So after 60 hours, I think I'm gonna put the game down until some interesting mods pop up or the Bethesda DLC turns out to be interesting. My overall thoughts on the game are well... I like it. Really like it, more so than Fallout 3 and Skyrim especially in terms of playability and game feel. It's no Destiny but I really have to hand it to Bethesda for improving the actual core mechanics in the action side from Skyrim. The very act of playing is so much more enjoyable than their last game which featured incredibly weak feeling melee combat and unsatisfying magic system.

That being said, I just can't help but feel that as an experience it felt ultimately hollow. The most memorable moments I've encountered was Nick Valentine explaining his backstory, the park filled with Mr. Handys and that one bunker where
the mayor of Boston was desperately trying to protect his family from an angry mob and failing
. And that's pretty much it. To say that the questing and storytelling is a step down from New Vegas would be the understatement of the goddamn century. It feels soooo bland in comparison. While I'll hand it to Bethesda improving their writing from the awfulness that was Fallout 3, even that game featured more dynamic quests and variety in situations.

Like... go to linear hallway on this dot of the map, murder the fuck out of everyone, collect loot, get out, go back to quest giver...etc. It's so boring. To be fair, they did step the level design on the dungeon front. They are more interesting to navigate than the majority in Skyrim. I'll give them that. Even the settlement building which I really like is let down by an atrocious UI coupled with incredibly buggy controls that flat won't let you navigate the menu properly.

Like I said, I really like the game but a lot of the minor irritations are putting me off (I didn't even bring the terrible decision to bind melee to grenade throw which is just flatout awful in how it'd register the wrong command for no good reason) but there are a still a lot of I like so I'll probably come back to the game. Honestly, I feel like I want to start a new playthrough with New Vegas right now...

I feel the same way. It can be fun at times(The Glowing Sea was awesome), but the experience as a whole just feels so bland and uninteresting. Maybe I should get back to the main story or take a break from it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm thinking of buying F4 on Xbox One. How the performance goes?

I think it runs fine. Some definite slow down in a few areas, but for me it doesn't happen frequently or to a point where it makes the game unplayable. I do have it installed on an external 7200rpm drive, so I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

Valus

Apparently you can apply the Ballistic Weave to Robotic Bits which are glasses. 440/440 here I come...now just have to find those.

edit: not sure anyone has found any yet..

How are you getting 440/440?

Underarmor / Helmet / Glasses / ???

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im eyeing some spots for a new settlement, Warwick Homestead is actually pretty nice. Has some nice clean room to build whatever, a big building with some pre-fab workshop looking machines which would go great in a workshop / power armor garage thing. Its a water facility so it has some big buildings which you do much about, but nothing some walkways around them and in between them wont fix. Im liking it

Im totally into "10 year old Rhaknar plays with Legos" mode with this game right now

I checked Spectacle Island to get a mental image of something, but A) it might be too big for now, Ive only done 2 settlements, that might be like a ultimate project thing, but also B) either one of my mods broke something or the game did because on some camera angles the sky is all fucked up lol. So im leaving the island for later

Anyone has any good plots they like or think would be a good place to build? Ive used the Drive-In and the Lighthouse so far

edit: I mean I could do the obvious one...Sanctuary lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
40,000 caps worth of tier 3 clinics and about 4 hours of assorted AFK'ing and waiting for 24 hours I finally got Benevolent Leader. Then promptly reloaded my save from prior to doing that dumb shit.

And now, back to Fallout.

lt519

How are you getting 440/440?

Underarmor / Helmet / Glasses / ???

Your normal Heavy Combat Armor Pieces (which are to my knowledge the highest ranking defense pieces), maybe a bit less since you are replacing a Combat Helmet. But then again I'm not even sure those glasses exist?

So my settlements plans were to do this...

a5PvQXk.png

...but have Scorpion on the other side of the entrance.

Thing is, with all the generators and power lines, I'm in the yellow on my settlement size. Before I move towards building another lightbox, is it safe to assume there won't be enough room for another 20-ish generators and lightboxes?

televator

I've tried boxing in Marcie in a steel box, but she res pawns outside of her prison. :( You can't even send her off to another settlement.

Nycterix

Neo Member
I think it runs fine. Some definite slow down in a few areas, but for me it doesn't happen frequently or to a point where it makes the game unplayable. I do have it installed on an external 7200rpm drive, so I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

Thank you for answering. I'm afraid because that Digital Foundry video showing extreeeeme frame drops in some situations on Xbox One. But I don't want to wait til' my new PC, around 2025 or 2030 in my situaiton xD

psylah

I've tried boxing in Marcie in a steel box, but she res pawns outside of her prison. :( You can't even send her off to another settlement.

Maybe, at night when everyone is asleep, wake her up and take her out behind a house and kill her. No one would see that and get upset, right?

Valus

Who is this Marcy you speak of? No, there's no Marcy in my settlement. I don't know who you're talking about. Jun? No, no, there's no Jun here either. Sorry.

I just got the game yesterday on PS4, and I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug or if I just don't understand something about power armor. After I got my first power amor, I went back to the workshop at the Red Rocket and left my power armor there. It is no longer there, and I cannot find it anywhere I took it. I only have one piece of the armor left, and I've stored that in the mod station. Does anyone know if this is a bug, or does power armor just go to some specific location when you're not using it?

I just got the game yesterday on PS4, and I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug or if I just don't understand something about power armor. After I got my first power amor, I went back to the workshop at the Red Rocket and left my power armor there. It is no longer there, and I cannot find it anywhere I took it. I only have one piece of the armor left, and I've stored that in the mod station. Does anyone know if this is a bug, or does power armor just go to some specific location when you're not using it?

We're there any NPCs around? If you left the fusion core in it, an NPC will sometimes hop in. Always take out the core when not in use.

Kill an entire town, and shoot an unarmed, non-hostile person in the face.

*Your companion loved that."

"Steal" a coffee cup.

*Your companion disliked that."

Top Bottom