• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Or... walk into an enemy camp where there are like 12 guys walking around. They don't see me yet, but if they hear me walking, suddenly they become suspicious and start looking around. It's as if my footsteps clearly sound like the footsteps of an enemy...

the AI has its negatives and positives for the player.

On the flip side you can murder like 20 of their friends and hide, and then after they stop being suspicious they act like nothing happened. FUCK THEIR FRIENDS, they were probably already dead.

agreed. There are like 10 enemy types

I'd disagree with you there, there are quite a few, even just putting all the variants into one group, there are way more than 10. Not to mention there are different versions of enemies of the same type.

Radroaches
Bloodsuckers
Bloatflies
Stingwings
Radscorpions
Dogs
Molerats
Mirelurks (also, Hunters, Kings, and Queens, which all look very different)
Yao Guai
Feral Ghouls (and Glowing one variants)
Humans(Raiders, Gunners, Settlers, BoS, etc.)
Synths (Gen 1, 2, and 3)
Radstags
Super Mutants (and behemoths)
Mutant Hounds
Deathclaws (and like, 8 variants)
Robots (Mr. Gutsy's, Mr. Handy's, Assualtrons, Protectrons, Sentrybots, Turrets)

BokehKing

Banned
After ten hours in I started over from scratch, I have no damn idea what I'm doing

When I collect toy cars and globes, do I break them down for parts or could they be parts themselves?

Farming is sloppy, do I really need X amount of people collecting food? They never seem to pick or replant the food anyway

I kind of wish all this extra fluff was not in the game

After ten hours in I started over from scratch, I have no damn idea what I'm doing

When I collect toy cars and globes, do I break them down for parts or could they be parts themselves?

Farming is sloppy, do I really need X amount of people collecting food? They never seem to pick or replant the food anyway

You don't need to break them down, you can just store all your junk in the work table and then it automatically breaks them down as needed.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Resources will break down by themselves. Just store them in your workshop. Anything except weapons/armor.

If you don't like it, you don't need to continue with it. Completely optional.

R0ckman

It doesn't help that they overuse raiders and super mutants for what feels like 70-80% of locations. And I kind of wish there was some sort of nonviolent way to engage the Gunners, it doesn't make sense that an elite mercenary group would just murder the fuck out of anyone they see all the time.

Gunners to be a DLC faction? Maybe they assume that everyone else is a Raider? But it is kind of strange.

Man the things I'll do for gear, loaded up the game equipped Big Boy walked around with Dogmeat until I saw a battle with 2 BoS aircrafts and some mutants. Watch the Mutants take down one ship, pull out my Big Boy blast the other, both crash into the mutant camp. All the while I'm getting EXP from this and Dogmeat attacking some bugs. I run over to the crash site take a look at a dead BoS puppet... I mean soilder... "Dammit, he doesn't have it!" Run over to another body... "Yes!" Equip the Bomber Jacket and run off.

I love this game!

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
All of those things are classified as 'junk'. You use junk as components for weapons, armor, and other items. All you need to do is walk over to the weapons/armor workbench hit transfer and "store all junk". You can break down weapons for components as well if you have the correct perk (can't think of the name right now). Anything that is upgradable can be broken down (sans legendary items).

Tab over to the 'junk' column to see the specific items and the materials they will yield.

Chitown B

I'd disagree with you there, there are quite a few, even just putting all the variants into one group, there are way more than 10. Not to mention there are different versions of enemies of the same type.

Radroaches
Dogs/Hounds
Molerats
Mirelurks (also, Hunters, Kings, and Queens, which all look very different)
Feral Ghouls (and Glowing one variants)
Humans(Raiders, Gunners, Settlers, BoS, etc.)
Synths (Gen 1, 2, and 3)
Super Mutants (and behemoths)
Robots (Mr. Gutsy's, Mr. Handy's, Assualtrons, Protectrons, Sentrybots, Turrets)

These are the ones you see most of the game, often.

lt519

Amazing rhak! You should do a virtual tour if you have a capture card.

I hope children of atom have a plotline, running into them later in the game with their gamma and plasma weapons is intimidating.

Valus

Is it true that there's some kind of
"world boss" class Deathclaw
in the Glowing Sea? My friend said there was but I traveled through the whole area and couldn't find anything like that...

kavanf1

I was so glad to see that Mama Murphy can
eventually overdose and die. I hated her voice
so much. However I've ended up reloading as too many companions didn't like it. :(

I've hit the limit on building in Sanctuary and I had barely gotten started...does anyone know what the best mod(s) to unlock/extend building limits are? Thanks.

Also this cracked me up - reddit asking the important questions:

yxaCUFh.png

It doesn't help that they overuse raiders and super mutants for what feels like 70-80% of locations. And I kind of wish there was some sort of nonviolent way to engage the Gunners, it doesn't make sense that an elite mercenary group would just murder the fuck out of anyone they see all the time.

That really bothered me, since I thought that they were a faction you could join.

I stumbled on a Gunner camp, and the guard told me to turn around and keep walking, so I assumed this was a friendly camp and there was an alternate way in. So I walk around and all of a sudden get destroyed by a Mr.Gutsy and three gunners. They're mercenaries, we should have the option to buy them off.

in the Glowing Sea? My friend said there was but I traveled through the whole area and couldn't find anything like that...

Yep and it's a bitch. Had to stealth boy my way out of there XD

Ken

Did a generic "clear out location" quest for the Minutemen and got a Kneecapper Minigun and Chameleon chest from the mobs (also a VATS Sledgehammer but eh). The Kneecapper Minigun is pretty fun on ghouls since you just see them all fall down as they sprint at you.

I do wonder if those quests are good for trying to get legendaries to spawn in one concentrated spot.

I think the highest
Deathclaw I saw was a Legendary Alpha Deathclaw in a parking garage but I didn't think it was that tough so must not have been it.

R0ckman

Did a generic "clear out location" quest for the Minutemen and got a Kneecapper Minigun and Chameleon chest from the mobs (also a VATS Sledgehammer but eh). The Kneecapper Minigun is pretty fun on ghouls since you just see them all fall down as they sprint at you.

I do wonder if those quests are good for trying to get legendaries to spawn in one concentrated spot.

I think the highest
Deathclaw I saw was a Legendary Alpha Deathclaw in a parking garage but I didn't think it was that tough so must not have been it.

How do I get these Minute Men quests? I already have the Castle and weaponry unlocked.

Ken

How do I get these Minute Men quests? I already have the Castle and weaponry unlocked.

You start them by doing the "talk to settlers at x" quest and then they send you off to clear mobs at a random location. They're all generic and infinite afaik, and every faction has them I think.

Roni

Gold Member
I wonder if Obsidian would find it in themselves to have a team develop a spin-off of Fallout 4 if Bethesda offered them? I'd also love that.

Kurdel

Banned
Any up to date FAQs about the concrete results of base building?

Feels like a half-baked bullet point more than a practical way to invest time.

Newman96

Brotherhood of Steel help needed.. will put in spoiler tags incase
I've been doing the 'Lost Patrol' quest and my final objective is to report to Paladin Danse. However when I do as he's now on the Prydwen there seems to be no option to mention the patrol to him. Any idea what to do?

I've been doing the 'Lost Patrol' quest and my final objective is to report to Paladin Danse. However when I do as he's now on the Prydwen there seems to be no option to mention the patrol to him. Any idea what to do?
He's not marked, but speaking to
Lance-Captain Kells on the Prydwen
will finish the quest.

dealer-

Getting constant crashes on PS4 now, anyone else experience something similar? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and rebuilt the database to no avail.

scrcrw

Keep going with the BoS quest line and you'll eventually be able to turn in the Lost Patrol quest. At least that's how it went for me.
Edit: nevermind, I think I was pointed to Kells as well after completing another quest

Why are people so sure Obsidian wouldn't do the next Fallout title? Did they say something after NV?
People thinking that Obsidian don't want to do another based on their treatment during the development of NV, despite them saying they'd want to. And thinking Bethesda doesn't want them to because of Obsidian speaking out about some of NV's issues.

Who knows if it'll happen.

Roni

Gold Member
Why are people so sure Obsidian wouldn't do the next Fallout title? Did they say something after NV?

I googled their current state a few days ago and they seem to be enjoying huge successes with Pillars of Eternity. I wonder if they'd take resources from that and allocate to something like Fallout, which isn't really their brand.

jesu

That really bothered me, since I thought that they were a faction you could join.

I stumbled on a Gunner camp, and the guard told me to turn around and keep walking, so I assumed this was a friendly camp and there was an alternate way in. So I walk around and all of a sudden get destroyed by a Mr.Gutsy and three gunners. They're mercenaries, we should have the option to buy them off.

I met 3 Gunners in a house early-ish on, one of them was selling guns.
That's the only time I've crossed paths the Gunners in the game though.

Added these two pieces to my collection (old pic). The blank frame had BOS T-60b on it.
I have this odd bug where armor just magically appears on the frames, despite there being none actually on it. If I apply my own then all of those ghost pieces disappear.
Also I have some questions (mid? story spoilers):
Can I ever report back to Danse about the missing recon team after he becomes a companion? I keep trying to go up to him but he just asks if he can tag along and nothing else.

I just began the quest to build the teleporter and didn't realize that merely talking to a faction would instantly choose them as my partner. Is there a way to undo that or should I just reload to before I had the plans, do everything I want, and then continue the main story?

Is there a way to hide or get rid of the annoying repeat quests that keep popping up?

Chitown B

So Nick quest question....

I completed Long Time Coming. This seemed like this main quest. Yet I didn't get his perk. What gives? is there more?

FYI I slept 24 hours and he came up to me and completed it.

I googled their current state a few days ago and they seem to be enjoying huge successes with Pillars of Eternity. I wonder if they'd take resources from that and allocate to something like Fallout, which isn't really their brand.

I heard on Reddit that a lot of the New Vegas team aren't there anymore, so I doubt they can replicate and build on it right now. Pillars of Eternity does have good reviews though, so I don't really know.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to negotiate/join the Gunners, they're all weakling trash that should be purged from the Commonwealth.

Sent Nick to Red Rocket and can't see him anywhere? Any ideas?

Where are you in the main story? I had Nick disappear on me only to discover he was waiting for me to do a main story mission the whole time.

Newman96

I'm not sure why anyone would want to negotiate/join the Gunners, they're all weakling trash that should be purged from the Commonwealth.

Where are you in the main story? I had Nick disappear on me only to discover he was waiting for me to do a main story mission the whole time.
Not too far, next objective is to discuss findings with Piper so assume it's not that?

One of the many reasons i love Bethesda's games. They reward you for exploration. Putting cool stuff at places where a quest definitely won;t bring you.

So i was just walking around somewhat close to Bedford Station and i see this chopper wreckage sticking out from under the water. I decide to use some Rad-X and dive underwater, you never know what you may find. Which is true...cause i found this sick Power Armor just standing there underwater. Oh hell yeah.

Not too far, next objective is to discuss findings with Piper so assume it's not that?

Well if it's any help, there's a main quest upcoming where Nick has to be there for plot reasons, so you should get him back if you continue the main story. He'll just magically be at the location. One of the side effects of the game tying quests to companions is weird stuff like that happens.

Newman96

Well if it's any help, there's a main quest upcoming where Nick has to be there for plot reasons, so you should get him back if you continue the main story. He'll just magically be at the location. One of the side effects of the game tying quests to companions is weird stuff like that happens.

Appears you were right!
He was chatting away in Piper's office

Top Bottom