• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

luoapp

So if you shoot the fusion core on a raider's power armor, it can force the raider come out, and you can loot the frame, although it considered stolen. Is there a way to do that without the penetrator perk?

mr.beers

How is everyone getting 100+ pieces of armor? Is that from perks increasing defense? I'm level 31 and only have 86 total defense from 6 pieces and I have level 2 armorer, level 4 doesn't look to increase it either. I play on very hard and it's not like I'm getting my ass handed to me but better armor would certainly help.

Dart

Paladin Danse no dialog, help!

So I just finished Mass Fusion, I go back to Red Rocket, Danse is there but has no dialog just stand there only able to trade what's going on? I already tried reloading the save and doing mass fusion again. Is it because I sided with the institute? That doesn't make any sense, I have the highest affinity with him & isn't Danse enemy of BoS now after blind betrayal? What gives?

tumblr_ny6fmw8CNN1uyl5dso1_1280.jpg

Jesus christ lol

Dart

Hello, everyone. For someone who played New Vegas and barely Fallout 3, would you guys recommend Fallout 4 to me?

I haven't played any of the Fallout games prior to 4 so the only game remotely comparable is Skyrim, & and that a good thing yes? Aside from the bugs, glitches and frame rate drops which is expected from a Bethesda game I'm really enjoying the experience so far.

lt519

Also I have some questions (mid? story spoilers):
Can I ever report back to Danse about the missing recon team after he becomes a companion? I keep trying to go up to him but he just asks if he can tag along and nothing else.

I just began the quest to build the teleporter and didn't realize that merely talking to a faction would instantly choose them as my partner. Is there a way to undo that or should I just reload to before I had the plans, do everything I want, and then continue the main story?

Is there a way to hide or get rid of the annoying repeat quests that keep popping up?

That quest isn't the point of no return, you can still side with anyone you want after that. You still have quite a few missions to go before you get there. No way to hide the repeat ones, just ignore them. Not sure on your first question.

Jesus christ lol

Terminal stories are the best parts of the game.

Hello, everyone. For someone who played New Vegas and barely Fallout 3, would you guys recommend Fallout 4 to me?

It's a great game, just as good as New Vegas (my personal favorite game in the series). A fair bit of warning, don't expect the same dialogue depth as NV and the conflicts tend to be more black and white, there are some moral grey areas, but not quite to the same extent. Otherwise, it does just about everything else better.

CrazyDude

You know you are playing too much Fallout when in the real life you are walking your dog and you want to grab something that look like fertilizer to accomplish a quest.

webkatt

Is there a trick to breaking down weapons and keeping the mods?

For example I have a pistol with a scope, I want to break it down and keep the scope to use on another pistol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo mods

bunk bed, toilet and jail door (which actually slides open like a van door, theres another jail door that opens like a normal door but I prefer the sliding) are all new from mods.

mSFXk2a.gif

Is there a trick to breaking down weapons and keeping the mods?

For example I have a pistol with a scope, I want to break it down and keep the scope to use on another pistol

You have to take off the mod first, it's not super well explained. If you want to take off a mod, you have to go to the sub menu and pick the no mod option. Doing that removes the mod and puts it in your inventory.

Nista

I can't wait for mods to come to console, I'm envious of some of your guys buildings. My bf is amused that I spend a good 50% of game time building up random nonsense in every settlement. I had to wall off the entire pool area in The Slog after Super Mutants decided to show up and kill Dierdre before I could do anything about it. Stupid jerks with their rocket launchers and miniguns.

I have had the problem where enemies for an invasion don't show up in the Castle, probably due to fast travel or cause I mostly repaired the walls with concrete and gave them no pathable entry point.

I guess i lack the items for it then, cause it really doesn't work here. If the leg is like that, basically i should find another leg and transfer that to the Power Armor and that should do it, right?

After you park your power armor near your station, hit the craft button, select repair from options. Once you repaired them all, scroll over your armor and select the transfer button. Selecting your leg from your inventory should transfer it over.

Kaname

Oh well, I think I'll start my first roleplaying run tomorrow.
Hopefully the lack of choices don't put me off too soon lol

R0ckman

How come sometimes when you talk to a companion, I think it may just be Curie, my character talks like he is nervous or something? He doesn't do it for my other characters as far as I've noticed. In another case I was talked to Piper and he said "Hey" or something in a really goofy/dopey cartoony voice? is this some kind of funny 1% chance thing?

Oh well, I think I'll start my first roleplaying run tomorrow.
Hopefully the lack of choices don't put me off too soon lol

It seems like its simplified yeah, but sometimes a basic choice leads to a check that other choices don't.

While at work today, found a post of reddit that showed me how to create your own legendary items.

Wanted to give it a try and decided to make power armor with every piece increases action point regen for my jet pack.

7E39BnH.png

gXfTodb.png

34JJhSl.png

the results are amazing. Action points regen so fast. So I can jet pack a lot more, like in the game FIREFALL.

CEzSn4W.gif

vocab

How come sometimes when you talk to a companion, I think it may just be Curie, my character talks like he is nervous or something? He doesn't do it for my other characters as far as I've noticed. In another case I was talked to Piper and he said "Hey" or something in a really goofy/dopey cartoony voice? is this some kind of funny 1% chance thing?

It seems like its simplified yeah, but sometimes a basic choice leads to a check that other choices don't.

The female voice does this hey nervously once in a while. Doesn't matter the character. I'm pretty sure it's just random. I personally don't like the way the line sounds. If it was a side effect of drug addiction that would be fine, but I highly doubt bethesda would add something like that.

Nycterix

Neo Member
I'm wondering about the fetch quests in F4. In F3 we have the nuka cola quantum, cigars and pre-war money, there's something like that in this game?

Probably a noob question but i honestly can't seem to figure it out...i want the power armor's right leg to look like the left leg. I tried to repair it and all kinds of stuff, but it stays like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ede47bqq41s7chs/20151123_235413.jpg?dl=0

ah, I see what the problem is, you have to repair the right leg armor while it's in your inventory by using the power armor station, other wise it wont let you put it on the armors frame if it has a health of 0. only after it's been repaired can you put it on the power armor.

amnesiac

Level 24 and I'm really regretting my build. I don't like the idea of having a really low number for any of the SPECIAL stats, so none of them are really low... but none of them are high either.

I don't have access to any of the really cool perks which require 9/10 SPECIAL stats, and I'm not sure I want to waste like 5 levels just leveling up SPECIAL.

I found a legendary combat rifle that does double damage to enemies with full health. This thing is wreckin' shit on sneak shots even with no ninja perks.

I'm wondering about the fetch quests in F4. In F3 we have the nuka cola quantum, cigars and pre-war money, there's something like that in this game?

yes, quite a few actually, those "overdue" books, "coolant" and "technical documents", "mutfruit", "tarberry" are the ones ive found thus far and those are all repeatable though for exp and caps.

While at work today, found a post of reddit that showed me how to create your own legendary items.

Wanted to give it a try and decided to make power armor with every piece increases action point regen for my jet pack.

7E39BnH.png

gXfTodb.png

34JJhSl.png

the results are amazing. Action points regen so fast. So I can jet pack a lot more, like in the game FIREFALL.

CEzSn4W.gif

Can you post the reddit thread?

ah, I see what the problem is, you have to repair the right leg armor while it's in your inventory by using the power armor station, other wise it wont let you put it on the armors frame if it has a health of 0. only after it's been repaired can you put it on the power armor.

Yeah but some of these armors are actually missing a leg or arm. I assume i need to take this off another armor in the wasteland and transfer it over to that power armor, right?

How is everyone getting 100+ pieces of armor? Is that from perks increasing defense? I'm level 31 and only have 86 total defense from 6 pieces and I have level 2 armorer, level 4 doesn't look to increase it either. I play on very hard and it's not like I'm getting my ass handed to me but better armor would certainly help.

i only equip legendary gear and I just upgrade them. very rarely do i find something better than what I have equipped, I've been using the same armor for like 20 hours. I got about 120 armor or something

I haven't played any of the Fallout games prior to 4 so the only game remotely comparable is Skyrim, & and that a good thing yes? Aside from the bugs, glitches and frame rate drops which is expected from a Bethesda game I'm really enjoying the experience so far.

Never played a fallout before this and I LOVE IT.

It's definitely a little scary at the start b/c you don't really have a whole lot of direction but so far I'm loving this game.

Wondering how it will be to go back to 3/NV now.

johnsmith

remember me
Putting ballistics weave on hats has to be some kind of bug right?

I hate how it's so limited and random what kind of clothes can use ballistic weave and what can't.

CloudWolf

Got a request to help out Oberland Station which I had recently build up so I decided to do it for once. So I fast-travel to there, nothing. I wait a few in-game hours, still nothing. I har shooting, but when I check the direction they were shooting I once again see nothing. Even my compass said there were no enemies near.

So I decided to do some other quest when all of a sudden I get the notification I've failed defending Oberland Station. I fast travel back only to find most of the resources torn down, the sentry guns destroyed and the population murdered. Fuck this settlement shit, I'm done with it.

Top Bottom