• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Yeah but some of these armors are actually missing a leg or arm. I assume i need to take this off another armor in the wasteland and transfer it over to that power armor, right?

Yes, you are right. I thought you already had the armor was trying to add it and it wouldnt appear on the frame.

But yea, some armor parts can be bought, some looted from enemies and some can be found from armor just laying around the world, if your just stating. I know of a power are thats very close to vault 111, like you can get it within 5 minutes of leaving vault 111.

once you reach the red rocket gas station, just head directly east till you reach the giant satellite dish thats like 5-6 stories high, when going east, once you see the satellite in the distance, keep your eyes peeled for a crashed vertibird before you get to the satellite, theres a power armor just sitting there next to the bird. No core though. But there's a core in the tunnels under red rocket though.

You can check there real quick and see if the armor your missing is on that frame.

hydruxo

It's not an in game feature it's via console command.

IgMyxh.jpg

Got a request to help out Oberland Station which I had recently build up so I decided to do it for once. So I fast-travel to there, nothing. I wait a few in-game hours, still nothing. I har shooting, but when I check the direction they were shooting I once again see nothing. Even my compass said there were no enemies near.

So I decided to do some other quest when all of a sudden I get the notification I've failed defending Oberland Station. I fast travel back only to find most of the resources torn down, the sentry guns destroyed and the population murdered. Fuck this settlement shit, I'm done with it.

ah yes, ive ran into this before, the thing is, you have to be there in real time, and wait for a while for the events to actually "start". Waiting wont help it, ive found that out the hard way by waiting and then it saying i failed after the waiting was done.

There were times were I just sat around for about a good 5 minutes until the enemies actually started spawning and fighting the settlers.

guess its bugs or something.

Question about the build mode...

I have my Power Armors on display and i placed two lightbulbs above them. I then put a small generator and pylon and connected the wires, yet only one lightbulb is lit. So i tried making another generator and pylon but this didn't make it work at all. I am doing something wrong, but what? :)

It says at the generator that it produces 3 energy, so why is it not using the second lightbulb?

Kamina777

Banned
Any up to date FAQs about the concrete results of base building?

Feels like a half-baked bullet point more than a practical way to invest time.

After seeing all the crazy things people have been doing with it and reading stories of people who know full well they can ignore it completely and enjoy the game just as well, yet they invest so much time into making their perfect base of operations taking time off from the killing and exploring.. What part of optional eludes you so thoroughly my good man?

lt519

Putting ballistics weave on hats has to be some kind of bug right?

I hate how it's so limited and random what kind of clothes can use ballistic weave and what can't.

Essentially it boils down to anything without a defense stat. But yeah my guess is the hat thing was a bug, or they didn't mean for it to go all the way up to 110/110 on the hat.

ah yes, ive ran into this before, the thing is, you have to be there in real time, and wait for a while for the events to actually "start". Waiting wont help it, ive found that out the hard way by waiting and then it saying i failed after the waiting was done.

There were times were I just sat around for about a good 5 minutes until the enemies actually started spawning and fighting the settlers.

guess its bugs or something.

I had that kind of thing happen at that same settlement. I get there, and everyone is just chilling, tending to their crops. Talking to them did nothing - just the usual 'Hey, let's trade' stuff.

After about 5-8 minutes, a lone Gunner rolls up and is promptly dispatched, and then nothing for a couple minutes after that. So I head off to explore and a group of 3 or so of them are all kind of stuck against a outcropping of rock at the bottom of a hill. The were ever so slllllllllllowly edging toward the settlement.

Too many bases, I kinda wish they was one big one, lol I wasted so much time building my first base, does it even matter in the long run?

Disxo

Nearly in the end of the game,At first I loved to see
shaun again
, but...
he...being so racist makes me wonder why am I supporting the institute...I should help the railroad but I dont want him dead.

BLunted

Banned
I lost nick. :( I was on
the giant airship
and sent him back to sanctuary but he's not there.

Someone mentioned earlier, that nick is required for a couple quests, even if he isnt your companion, and he may be at one of those quest locations. In case it's a spoiler, the two I have seen him at are:

Piper's office
Memory Den

If you are on PC, you can use the following command to bring him to you:

prid 00002f25
moveto.player

Never played a fallout before this and I LOVE IT.

It's definitely a little scary at the start b/c you don't really have a whole lot of direction but so far I'm loving this game.

Wondering how it will be to go back to 3/NV now.

New Vegas is the better RPG but the combat in both of those games was abysmal.

Roni

Gold Member
Has Bethesda said anything about the release of the Creation kit for this game? Like when and what it will be capable of doing?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How is everyone getting 100+ pieces of armor? Is that from perks increasing defense? I'm level 31 and only have 86 total defense from 6 pieces and I have level 2 armorer, level 4 doesn't look to increase it either. I play on very hard and it's not like I'm getting my ass handed to me but better armor would certainly help.

If you do some Railroad quests you can get the ability to add ballistic weave to regular outfits, so my Army Fatigues are 110 alone and can be stacked on top of. I'm over 200 now.

Took dogmeat to fort Hagen, went Inside with piper while dogmeat waited outside, now I want him back and he's not outside fort Hagen or at red rocket. Any ideas where he would be?

Nvm found him at sanctuary

knitoe

What's the requirement for Smiling Larry, lvl 4 weapon vendor? I don't get the option to assign him to the armor stalled. Had no issue with the Scribe, armor guy.

lt519

So whats the best way to get happiness to a 100. Mine seems to cap at around 82.

Maxed our Charisma with all the settlers you have working and applied to something. All beds indoors. A lot of shops that increase happiness, mainly Clinics. Like 16 of them. Mutfruit is good to plant because it gives 1 food per plant vs everything else giving 0.5 foor per plant. Make sure you hang around the settlement and plaster every single wall and floor space with rugs, paintings, etc. A lot of TVs actually powered are good too. Defense above the total of water + food that you have.

ok Fallout GAF what should I do, I've beaten everything. Any non side-quest locations really worth exploring? Done Dunwich Borers and Museum of Witchcraft. Did the Custom Guard House.

Mahonay

Banned
So I just ran into a bug that permanently gave my game world a red hue, even after fast travel or sleeping.

Apparently when a nearby Assaultron uses it's laser beam in makes the screen flash red, which was happening in the area I was at. It somehow got stuck for good during one of these flashes.

Had to reload a save I had before it happened and it fixed the problem. Thank god the save was just before it happened.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So what's the deal with scavenging stations? Are they any good? Just wondering if it's worth having them, or filling up a settlement and having them go to town on a ton of them?

Also it sucks we can't rename settlers, the Shelter game app has more functionality than the game does in some respects, damn shame.

Encumbrence is becoming such a fucking annoyance now. I can barely scavenge anything without quickly becoming over-encumbered. How do you guys play? Am I just carrying too many weapons? I have a missile launcher, assault rifle, pipe rifle, 10MM pistol, shotgun, and the Righteous Authority. For armor just the simple military fatigue with some typical leg/arm armor.

I don't want to keep pumping perks into strength and I like having Piper with me some going with the Lone Wanderer perk (+50 weight) isn't really an option :-/

Encumbrence is becoming such a fucking annoyance now. I can barely scavenge anything without quickly becoming over-encumbered. How do you guys play? Am I just carrying too many weapons? I have a missile launcher, assault rifle, pipe rifle, 10MM pistol, shotgun, and the Righteous Authority. For armor just the simple military fatigue with some typical leg/arm armor.

I don't want to keep pumping perks into strength and I like having Piper with me some going with the Lone Wanderer perk (+50 weight) isn't really an option :-/

Now? player.setav carryweight 9000

Before? Fast travelling to the gas station *a lot*

from my experience its not the weapons that are taking so much space, its the aid items. it looks like nothing but they stack bro. I stored a bunch of them and it freed up 60 that i can use for other shit

Even though the
Railroad's
beliefs could be a bit much, Im glad Bethesda turned them into a
Spy
faction which is pretty cool.

Honestly outside of the BoS I don't know if I have any issues with any of the other factions. So I'll have no issues reaching the end point for each faction and getting the different endings.

Ulysses 31

Sounds like too many weapons to me. Since I got a points in Rifleman and Commando I stick with a Shotgun, Assault Rifle and a sniper rifle all fully modded.

Why is investing in Strength beneath you?

The Strong Back perk is nice and you with Armorer can mod your gear to increase weight limit.

It's either spending points in Strength or resort to cheating.

Sounds like too many weapons too me. Since I got a points in Rifleman and Commando I stick with a Shotgun, Assault Rifle and a sniper rifle all fully modded.

Why is investing in Strength beneath you?

The Strong Back perk is nice and you with Armorer can mod your gear to increase weight limit.

It's either spending points in Strength or resort to cheating.
Lol, it's not beneath me, there's just other perks that are more enticing.

Breads

Banned
Kinda bummed. Here I am building the frame work for CHUMP TOWER (I wanted to make a sign with the light boxes) and I run out of materials before I can even finish the skeleton and regardless of that I'm nearing the build limit of the area.

When you're in the mood for scaving store most of your weapons, side armor, meds, and etc in a single container for quick pickups. When scaving bring a packmule (companion) and wear armor with the deep pockets mod to maximize your carry weight. Make scaving it's own dedicated activity and ignore scaving otherwise. This makes both questing/ exploring and scaving both mutually efficient activities. If you want to do it all at once and are getting frustrated know you're asking to have your cake and eat it too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sitting here at work and I just want to go home and build more shit. I cant believe the game has its claws on me still.

When I finished it I wasnt exactly sure if it was my goty or not but now that ive put over 30 hours into building shit and I dont want to stop its easily my goty. In fact this is why ill remember this game in the end, its bringing all these memories of playing with legos when I was a kid.

I might start streamimg me building stuff, but I doubt that would be interesting lol

I'd suggest you stick to a rifle, a sniper, a shotgun and a heavy to limit the weight, especially early on when your weight limit is low. It all depends in wat you invest and how you develop your character, though. Right now my carry weight is 490, 572 in my T-51 power armor. I've got around 200 pounds filled up at all times now, carrying around a Fat Man, a Gauss Rifle, a Sniper Rifle, a Combat Rifle that does extra energy damage, Righteous Authority as my main, a Shotgun that spits fire and an SMG that does explosive damage.

It becomes really easy to manage later in the game, though you can still struggle a bit sometimes. I was exploring and looking for bobbleheads and ended up with over 1000 pounds encumberance. Popped a Vertibird signal grenade, let the Brotherhood fly me to Sanctuary, and went on a selling and dismantling spree.

Also, try and take notice of what you pick up. Ammo is always good, because it has no weight and can be sold for relatively high amounts. Weapons are good if you want to sell them, modded weapons are good for dismantling into rare parts. Armor is pretty useless if you want to sell it, since their price is usually too low to offset the weight penalty. So unless you really need the leather, leave armor pieces you don't need behind. Chems are also good, but I would recommend against picking up meats and fruits/vegetables unless you want to earn XP by cooking.

Dinda

Do you use pocketed armor parts? If not you should start doing so. Especially the deep pocketed ones (armor perk 3) give you 10 additional carryweight per arm/leg and 20 for the chestpiece. Items from legendaries who also give you additional stenght would of course be the best, since the strenght give you even more carryweight. And of course don't forget to use your companions for carrying to.

Sarcasm

You have to take off the mod first, it's not super well explained. If you want to take off a mod, you have to go to the sub menu and pick the no mod option. Doing that removes the mod and puts it in your inventory.

I just been replacing them with the top most option.

Can you explain in detail?

Jintor

some of the companions are so lame and some are so great. piper and nick are just fantastic. this jackass i picked up in goodneighbor has his storytelling so confused i accidentally made him join me because i couldn't parse what the fuck his conversation was actually saying and what my responses would make me do. haven't bothered with the robots yet, but I kinda want to take marie and codsworth to the general atomics showroom.

Sitting here at work and I just want to go home and build more shit. I cant believe the game has its claws on me still.

When I finished it I wasnt exactly sure if it was my goty or not but now that ive put over 30 hours into building shit and I dont want to stop its easily my goty. In fact this is why ill remember this game in the end, its bringing all these memories of playing with legos when I was a kid.

I might start streamimg me building stuff, but I doubt that would be interesting lol

I'm done with my Sanctuary settlement now, really like how it's turned into a fully functional and self-sufficient town. Trader stalls bring in the caps, farms bring in the food and my water purifiers get me clean water.

Gonna use Spectacle Island to go for the 100 happiness achievement first, then reload and build the greatest settlement the Commonwealth has ever seen. That location is fucking glorious.

Top Bottom