• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

lt519

I barely have 600 caps....

Getting my charisma and cap collector up were probably the best choices I made. I've blew through roughly 25000 caps just on my settlement to get it to 100 happiness (mistakes were made) and those are all just from playing naturally. But just being able to sell things for actual value makes a world of a difference. Sell all the extra Fat Man's, Missile Launchers, and Flamers you find, etc.

One good tip is to cook all your meat before you sell it. Hunting down Mirelurks and then cooking the meat yields a nice profit. Other than that late game you find a lot of weapons on enemies that have a base selling point of like 100 caps, it can pile up fast. One Mirelurk Queen kill will yield like 10 steaks that sell for about 100 caps each.

Sarcasm

Getting my charisma and cap collector up were probably the best choices I made. I've blew through roughly 25000 caps just on my settlement to get it to 100 happiness (mistakes were made) and those are all just from playing naturally. But just being able to sell things for actual value makes a world of a difference. Sell all the extra Fat Man's, Missile Launchers, and Flamers you find, etc.

One good tip is to cook all your meat before you sell it. Hunting down Mirelurks and then cooking the meat yields a nice profit. Other than that late game you find a lot of weapons on enemies that have a base selling point of like 100 caps, it can pile up fast.

lvl 16 and I took out the queen. lol.

Someone keeps stealing my magazines >:|

1KL1Hyu.jpg

lt519

Holy shit I just ran into an Assaultron Dominator for the first time after warping to Quincy Station, so much nope.

GhaleonEB

Question about the quest "Human Error". I'm stuck.

I found the
Covenant house keys, and Jacob's password, and the Railroad tape, as well as the optional lemonade clue at the caravan and clue about them not liking synths. But I can't seem to progress the quest any further. The keys just opened the doors in the house where I found them, and the master lock on the house on the far side is still locked. Do I have to have the master lock perk to get in there? I'm guessing that's my destination, but I've been searching for a solid hour and can't find any more clues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I found the
Covenant house keys, and Jacob's password, and the Railroad tape, as well as the optional lemonade clue at the caravan and clue about them not liking synths. But I can't seem to progress the quest any further. The keys just opened the doors in the house where I found them, and the master lock on the house on the far side is still locked. Do I have to have the master lock perk to get in there? I'm guessing that's my destination, but I've been searching for a solid hour and can't find any more clues.

IIRC you need to read some letter you looted

So I'm nearly 30 hours in, I beat the story and a handful of side quests, and I have NEVER seen a Plasma weapon. I love turning things into green goop so it's making me sad, where can I find one?

I found the

there should be a computer.

lt519

So I'm nearly 30 hours in, I beat the story and a handful of side quests, and I have NEVER seen a Plasma weapon. I love turning things into green goop so it's making me sad, where can I find one?

What level are you at? It may be pure speculation on my part but after a higher level guns and armor started appearing more frequently for me. Like the random raiders, gunners, etc that I run into now use a lot of energy/plasma weapon and some of them have titles that I've never run into before.

It also could be because I've moved further South too.

ryan299

Asked this a while back but didn't get a response. Does the game limit the supply lines you can set up? I'm trying to set up new ones and they're not working.

i don't like the new holotapes, they're so small and they blend in well with the environment that either I'm missing a lot of them or they're just aren't a lot(which i think its a combination of both, theres not really a lot of backstory for locations like there was in 3 and NV), also i fucking DESPISE that they're no longer stored in their own category like before, why the fuck did they lump them with other items? such a stupid thing to do, really really stupid.

Bsigg12

Asked this a while back but didn't get a response. Does the game limit the supply lines you can set up? I'm trying to set up new ones and they're not working.

I think there's a max amount for out of a single settlement. I had the same issue but once I started getting it, I would go to a settlement and assign a person from the new settlement to supply line with Sanctuary (main resource center for me) and it worked fine.

What level are you at? It may be pure speculation on my part but after a higher level guns and armor started appearing more frequently for me. Like the random raiders, gunners, etc that I run into now use a lot of energy/plasma weapon and some of them have titles that I've never run into before.

It also could be because I've moved further South too.

I'm level 28. Apparently a certain proctor in the BoS sells two different plasma weapons once a certain criteria is met so it looks like that's my best bet... Except ammo is still a problem. Haven't picked up any plasma ammo in those 30 hours either.

I barely have 600 caps....

and im sitting here with over 20k caps, wondering what the hella buy with all of this. Well I know what ima buy, just still.

I am the commonwealths water merchant. I travel from place to place selling my water to settlements.

Only in fallout.

I'm level 28. Apparently a certain proctor in the BoS sells two different plasma weapons once a certain criteria is met so it looks like that's my best bet... Except ammo is still a problem. Haven't picked up any plasma ammo in those 30 hours either.

Man, I find more mini nukes than i find plasma cartridges. Ive only ever found them in vendors and like, the two-three enemies ive looted.

mujun

I hate the
Minutemen!

All the goddamned settlements I have to
help.

Not to mention the
construction that needs to be done at The Castle
and the
queen bossfight.

I'm ditching them!

lt519

Plasma ammo is definitely rare to find. I just ran into some guys at Quincy Station using it and I know the Children of Atom use them in fights. Over on the same peninsula as Libertalia I ran into a bunch of people fighting with energy weapons too, some gamma at that.

Seeing his wife
murdered in front of his eyes
has not stopped my character from romancing everyone in the commonwealth.

It's called grief banging.

Has anyone tried playing stealthy with power armor?

Yes, I got a power armor made specifically for stealth since it has the stealth boy mod on it so i go invisible by just crouching, its like the chinese stealth armor and power armor had a baby. But, the enemies can still hear you though, so it kind of defeats the whole damn purpose.

When you aint moving though, your basically not there.

Plasma ammo is definitely rare to find. I just ran into some guys at Quincy Station using it and I know the Children of Atom use them in fights. Over on the same peninsula as Libertalia I ran into a bunch of people fighting with energy weapons too, some gamma at that.

children of atom use gamma rounds

Yes, I got a power armor made specifically for stealth since it has the stealth boy mod on it so i go invisible by just crouching, its like the chinese stealth armor and power armor had a baby. But, the enemies can still hear you though, so it kind of defeats the whole damn purpose.

When you aint moving though, your basically not there.

You can have stealth boy mods on your power armor? And does power armor make more noise than not having it? What if I invested in the sneak skill, would that help? I'm thinking of doing a lonewander stealth power armor build.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He has moved on.
It's been a while since he left the vault for the first time, right.

Seeing her husband be killed in front of her made my character
become lesbian for synths

...what? :(

Find another power armor with X-01 sets but without both legs :-/ Its the only thing that I needed to complete the entire power armor collection.

The first time I encountered the children of atom, I had just gotten back from the glowing sea and still had my hazmat suit on, so their gamma guns didn't do jack to me. It was pretty amusing to be honest.

You can have stealth boy mods on your power armor? And does power armor make more noise than not having it? What if I invested in the sneak skill, would that help? I'm thinking of doing a lonewander stealth power armor build.

I only have two points total into the entire agility tree and both of those are action boy for the AP regen so i have no idea how the stealth perks effect the power armor. And yes the power armor does make noise when you go into stealth. Not sure if its more noise than not wearing armor, but going by past fallouts, it probably does since make more noise.

But yes, besides the jet pack mod, theres a stealth mod that when you crouch, you automatically activate stealth, it runs off action points though.

YvtQqyC.gif

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

Holy moly, I'm 87 hours in, only just made it to
The Institute
for the first time and met
Shaun...

How far through the story am I roughly would you say FinishedStoryGAF?
(please, no spoilers) :)

Something I'm not exactly clear on.
What are synths exactly? Like, what are they made of?

Metal??? Circuits???

The first time I encountered the children of atom, I had just gotten back from the glowing sea and still had my hazmat suit on, so their gamma guns didn't do jack to me. It was pretty amusing to be honest.

yea, same with power armor, they might as well be throwing rings of water at you. but without the hazmat suit or power armor, they can really fuck you up, since very little armor has any radiation protection at all.

Rhaknar

Holy moly, I'm 87 hours in, only just made it to
The Institute
for the first time and met
Shaun...

How far through the story am I roughly would you say FinishedStoryGAF?
(please, no spoilers) :)

75% if not more

I only have two points total into the entire agility tree and both of those are action boy for the AP regen so i have no idea how the stealth perks effect the power armor. And yes the power armor does make noise when you go into stealth. Not sure if its more noise than not wearing armor, but going by past fallouts, it probably does since make more noise.

But yes, besides the jet pack mod, theres a stealth mod that when you crouch, you automatically activate stealth, it runs off action points though.

YvtQqyC.gif

Can you have the stealth mod and jet pack at the same time? Thanks for answering these questions for me.

I didnt see my first plasma rifle until I saw one for sale at Diamond city.

For those that like close quarters combat, the flamer attachment is very VERY powerful for the plasma gun. like, scread a legendary glowing deathclaw is like 4-5 seconds of continues spray. but man does it EAT ammo. Its like the cryolator with how greedy it is on the ammo with the flamer attachment.

Can you have the stealth mod and jet pack at the same time? Thanks for answering these questions for me.

Nope, shit i wish. Both of those mods goes on the torso and only one mod can be applied to a single piece of armor at a time. But being on PC, its only a matter of time before that changes.

>.> <.<

Top Bottom