• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Corpekata

Banned
I don't have any settlements linked? Does that happen automatically as you unlock more? I thought you needed a perk for that? I could be wrong.

Edit: I can confirm I have no settlements linked. I don't have the perk.

Weird. I was consistently getting water. Guess I'll have to play a bit safe from now on. This game is great and awful at the same time.

Fairly certain it is just random. The whole collection aspects in settlements really needs a UI to explore or an overhaul. I'll get some crops deposited but not others.

Like I own the farm with the robots and like 27 food there, which you would think meant a shitload of food constantly in that settlement, since robots don't eat. But not really.

They really need to make it clearer, or a mod needs to come out that overhauls it a bit.

Fairly certain it is just random. The whole collection aspects in settlements really needs a UI to explore or an overhaul. I'll get some crops deposited but not others.

Like I own the farm with the robots and like 27 food there, which you would think meant a shitload of food constantly in that settlement, since robots don't eat. But not really.

They really need to make it clearer, or a mod needs to come out that overhauls it a bit.

Cool. Thanks. Yeah, the UX overall is a mess. Hopefully some water appears eventually!

Zocano

I knew the game would get easier.

But I didn't expect this level of stomping shit into dirt.

Slow charging Gatling Laser + 100% Heavy Weapon damage perk is

well

yeah...

ZangBa

After playing since launch, I think I like NV a bit better, or maybe just the quests. The quests had more variety, and multiple ways to complete them, which could be influenced by the build you made. Fallout 4 seems to just tell you to go somewhere and kill everything. I was hoping there were more of
Nick's
cases to do, because those were going in a direction I liked.

But I can't say I'm disappointed in this game, I've enjoyed every second I've spent with it, besides my companions getting lost forever. I actually really like the perk tree as a leveling system in this game, every level feels really rewarding and keeps me motivated.

neoism

I knew the game would get easier.

But I didn't expect this level of stomping shit into dirt.

Slow charging Gatling Laser + 100% Heavy Weapon damage perk is

well

yeah...

yeah im on survival... i still die but with 3.0 sneak attack.. im just leveling misc perks now... dont want it toooo easy

Zocano

yeah im on survival... i still die but with 3.0 sneak attack.. im just leveling misc perks now... dont want it toooo easy

For a little bit there, Survival was pretty rough.

That stopped pretty quickly after I got the combat shotgun.

Now it's just a joke and feels like I'm on dunce mode with this gatling laser and being in a power suit 24/7

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Amazing. Im so fucking into the building in this. Cant believe its on console too although he did use a glitch for materials, instead of a console command.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely feel that using whatever means to build cool shit is a-ok, those things serve no purpose but your enjoymemt of building them, you shiuld have unlimited resources. Your imagination should be the limit.

Edit: laser trip wire to turn on the lights, awesome :D

Fjordson

Holy shit. I just saw the Brotherhood of Steel with that thing that goes over. I don't find want to spoil it but. It seemed scripted. What a cool moment.

Mid-game main plot spoilers
when you kill Kellog in that fort. As I walked out after the fight with him I saw a giant Brotherhood of Steel ship flying overhead complete with Blade Runner-esque spotlights like on the blimp in the movie. Damn, that was cool

wtf they let you go so far off the map but then stop you right before an intriguing lake.

FPFYpy3.png
The lower left of the map you can go further outside. But yes, I have set in my Fallout4 ini bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 because I like exploring too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit. I just saw the Brotherhood of Steel with that thing that goes over. I don't find want to spoil it but. It seemed scripted. What a cool moment.

Mid-game main plot spoilers
when you kill Kellog in that fort. As I walked out after the fight with him I saw a giant Brotherhood of Steel ship flying overhead complete with Blade Runner-esque spotlights like on the blimp in the movie. Damn, that was cool

Thats not mid game at all by the way. Its like a third of the way. And im talking purely story wise, not taking into account how much you did or didnt spend on sidequests

Anyone bummed that all the human enemies are essentially either gunners or MAINLY Raiders? Wtf happened to stuff like Freeside Thugs and the like? After starting to feel the burnout things just keep adding up for me. And I go back and realize how much was removed.

I think I encountered one text prompt where I choose to roll a repair, but it's not even the same thing. I really don't understand why.

There are some good things though. Building is fun until you hit your settlement limit, or have to deal with 10 different bases.

skyhaven

Neo Member
Actually if you are invested in the main quest, there are plenty of loot bumps along the way that will make the rest of the game easier which explains why I never really encountered a single ammo shortage in my first playthrough.

Anyway, even if you don't want to advance the main quest, the longer you delay visiting DIamond City, the more you will feel the scarcity of resources since you cannot dump unwanted loot to convert them to bullets as easily. Not to mention the majority of EXP boosts comes from quest completions which Diamond City has plenty of.

There are some good things though. Building is fun until you hit your settlement limit, or have to deal with 10 different bases.

Is it possible to just migrate the settlers to a single place? I often don't see the point of splitting up the settlers in smaller numbers across larger number of settlements, only to be constantly reminded that I need to provide them with defenses and other time consuming upgrades.

Anyone bummed that all the human enemies are essentially either gunners or MAINLY Raiders? Wtf happened to stuff like Freeside Thugs and the like? After starting to feel the burnout things just keep adding up for me. And I go back and realize how much was removed.

If you follow the main plot line a bit more, there will be a few Raiders, Gunners (basically mercs), Mafia men (SMG toting fedora men), and a few more. What you described as variety in enemies in previous games seem to be 'dudes in different faction'. I wouldn't want to spoil it, but the factions don't actually vie for control for Commonwealth so openly like New Vegas' factions did, hence you saw no uniformed men (Legion vs NCR) fighting each other. And yes, I feel you. I also wanted a deeper 'faction' interaction, but you hardly get into it unless you advance into the main quest.

Vex_

Banned
Kinda liking the music here at the rail
road

Then again, I also like the ambient music at Diamond City. Nice change from the ost from fonv/f3.

Jintor

Joy, more quest bugs where I get randomly aggroed by neutral NPCs. Doing the Special Delivery quest, talked to Maria like I was supposed to, she gave me info, then they decided to randomly attack me after.

that's pretty funny. I had the opposite problem - all the mercs showed up as enemies for me on VATs, so I shot one in the head like 5 times with a weaksauce .308 until I twigged they weren't reacting like enemies at all.

Actually if you are invested in the main quest, there are plenty of loot bumps along the way that will make the rest of the game easier which explains why I never really encountered a single ammo shortage in my first playthrough.

Anyway, even if you don't want to advance the main quest, the longer you delay visiting DIamond City, the more you will feel the scarcity of resources since you cannot dump unwanted loot to convert them to bullets as easily. Not to mention the majority of EXP boosts comes from quest completions which Diamond City has plenty of.

Is it possible to just migrate the settlers to a single place? I often don't see the point of splitting up the settlers in smaller numbers across larger number of settlements, only to be constantly reminded that I need to provide them with defenses and other time consuming upgrades.

It is possible as long as you can sustain it. I could mod things on PC but at this point I haven't been interested in building anymore. But it's definitely easier if you can get everyone in one place.

I m level 10 , and i feel like ive barely scratched the surface. Barely used my initial power Armour, think ive only found 1 other fusion core, despite exploring constantly.

Barely found any decent mods/guns beyond what you get via quests, am i doing this wrong ? or does it just take a little bit more levelling before getting the good stuff.

Found a number of areas where i just get owned by super mutants (trinity tower). Maybe i need to go back there with my power armour.

skyhaven

Neo Member
It is possible as long as you can sustain it. I could mod things on PC but at this point I haven't been interested in building anymore. But it's definitely easier if you can get everyone in one place.

How do I do it? The HELP didn't give me anything. I mean, I want to migrate all existing 2-3 settlers from other places totally to Sanctuary. Can it be done?

Rhaknar

How do I do it? The HELP didn't give me anything. I mean, I want to migrate all existing 2-3 settlers from other places totally to Sanctuary. Can it be done?

Theres a cap and your companions count as settlers. Why would you want to anyway? Those settlements would still get people unless you stripped them of everything, and then youre just worrying about a non issue. Just ignore the attacks.

I feel like I am playing a different game them most GAFers. I went with a stealth/sniper build. I never use power armor and sneak around going for crit shots all the time. I should have speced for power armor. It's everywhere and constantley taunting me. Curse you BoS!

It's fine. I'll give that a try on my second playthrough.

I feel like I am playing a different game them most GAFers. I went with a stealth/sniper build. I never use power armor and sneak around going for crit shots all the time. I should have speced for power armor. It's everywhere and constantley taunting me. Curse you BoS!

I did too, just I'm using silenced handguns. Based on these threads, I feel like our way has made the game substantially easier.

When you're in build mode you go up to the settler you want to move and there should be button prompt, ask them to move and select the location.

BizzyBum

Same here.

Haven't really touched power armor after the initial quest. I don't even wear armor, I'm rocking the silver shroud costume currently.

Nice man. I'm struggling to get the benevolent leader one. Nothings working.

That one was rough.

I did:

• 108 security
  • 24 food
  • 24 water
  • 4 people on crops
  • Everyone else on tier 3 clinics (20 in total)
  • My Charisma was 10 + 1 for glasses + 1 for hat + 3 for Reginald's Suit

Something guides don't tell you: As long as you see the green arrow going "up" it will get to a higher rating. It takes some time. My advice is to build the shop, let the green "up" tick up to its max happiness rating (be it one or two points) and when you don't see the green arrow anymore, build the next shop. Repeat.

Does the Short Ported Barrel have the same hip-fire accuracy as the Short Light Barrel?

Bethesda really needs to explain these things better

ryan299

That one was rough.

I did:

• 108 security
  • 24 food
  • 24 water
  • 4 people on crops
  • Everyone else on tier 3 clinics (20 in total)
  • My Charisma was 10 + 1 for glasses + 1 for hat + 3 for Reginald's Suit

Something guides don't tell you: As long as you see the green arrow going "up" it will get to a higher rating. It takes some time. My advice is to build the shop, let the green "up" tick up to its max happiness rating and then build the next shop.

Thats what I'm trying. 3 people are missing from my settlement though. No idea where they're at.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nice man. I'm struggling to get the benevolent leader one. Nothings working.
It should work. Have 15 tier 3 stores and 150 defense. Stay in the settlement till you get 100%.

If you are in Sanctuary, kill Mama Murphy by giving her chems. Send all companions to other settlements, you should only have 'settlers'.

skyhaven

Neo Member
Same here.

Haven't really touched power armor after the initial quest. I don't even wear armor, I'm rocking the silver shroud costume currently.

IMO, armor is a matter of taste. And PA is basically 'brute force' method since you are almost invincible with it on due to the high damage resistance. So if you want to sneak around, sniping and slowly clearing a place up, Power Armor isn't really going to suit your playstyle. I only bring it along if I know I'm going to face a large number of enemies. That's the best part of having human companions actually, using them as your Power Armor valet service since they moving around in PA doesn't consume core.

Thats what I'm trying. 3 people are missing from my settlement though. No idea where they're at.

Could they be on supply lines or named npcs? That could make them unaccessible.

If they are provisioners on a supply line, I believe Provisioners return roughly around 8pm.When they return to town, put them on a shop or farming.

Are there console commands that specifically unlock achievements or do I have to use SAM to get the stubborn ones that won't unlock on their own?

Rhaknar

I just got the Shroud outfit. Its defense is ridiculous. Is there even a point in taking it off?

It has no stats for one, and you cant use armor with it (unless you are using mods on pc)

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I have no idea why I'm so into the building in this game. The UI is clunky, the materials are limited, and it requires a lot of workarounds to get exactly what you want. But I fuckin love it. Excited to show off my settlement once I feel fully done.

skyhaven

Neo Member
I havent tried all the companions yet, but Danse is a beast in a firefight.

Danse is the only companion who is constantly in Power Armor and he will never, ever leave the power armor. Nor need you to repair it. Hence that makes him the toughest companion you'll ever get.

Codsworth's combat is pretty good up close, but he tends to block you during a firefight. Melee characters don't need this metal octopus either. I'd say I'll take Danse anytime.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
One of the best quest lines is house of cabot

Really liked this quest line as well. Didn't really trust either party, read all the terminals and gathered all the info and felt good about my decision.

I saved the immortal Dad & let him out. :)

Best companion is Cait with a melee weapon. She's amazing.

BLunted

Banned
Danse is the only companion who is constantly in Power Armor and he will never, ever leave the power armor. Nor need you to repair it. Hence that makes him the toughest companion you'll ever get.

I havent tried Strong yet, but saw some vids of him wrecking stuff as well.

Zocano

Well, (super late game spoilers???):
I immediately pulled out a shotgun and killed Father without letting him talk.

Let's see how this goes!

Top Bottom