• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

So I just finished the mission with the "castle" and the game is bugged out.

It says meet the minutemen in the courtyard, but that waypoint keeps moving all over the map. There's one dude in there and he just repeats the same generic NPC lines over and over. Preston Garvey is nowhere to be found. If I fast travel the mission fails, if I sleep too long the mission fails, and despite killing the queen it says I haven't killed all the eggs, when I certainly have. I'm at a loss. I'm on PC, is there a way to just teleport Preston Garvey to me, which I would assume solve the problem?

knitoe

I will ask again. Anyone know how to assign Smiling Larry so buy legendary weapons? I had him agree to setup shop, but I can't give him any commends. Talking to him just allows me to barter.

MrDaravon

I've been mostly heads-down working on the game so I haven't really poked my head in here much, but I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. Two quick questions:

-Is there no way to see what a settler is already assigned to in a Settlement without having the settler selected and then hoping whatever they are assigned to is in your line of sight with them to see the green outline of whatever they're assigned to? This seems extraordinarily dumb so I'm assuming I'm missing something.

-Has anyone had problems with settlers you have assigned to shops becoming unassigned randomly? It's happened to me multiple times now, both with generic settlers as well as the named NPCs in Sanctuary. It's extremely annoying.

Breads

Banned
Something I'm not exactly clear on.
What are synths exactly? Like, what are they made of?

Gen 1s are simple androids.

Gen 2s are androids of the same bodies as gen 1s but have free will and free will/ humanoid minds/ memories. Nick Valentine is a Gen 2.

Gen 3s have major organic components and we get to watch how they are created in the institute. Later on, if you use the holotape to copy data from the insitute and have the BoS analyze it you eventually find out in another quest that they actually have DNA meaning they are fully constructed bioroids.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, who is technically the best companion? Is there a consensus?

Codworth seems the best because I don't have to dick around with ammo.

Quikies83

Hey guys, who is technically the best companion? Is there a consensus?

Codworth seems the best because I don't have to dick around with ammo.
All companions have unlimited ammunition for their default weapon.
Edit: it's personal preference. The companion AI is meh, IMO. I've mixed it up and sent people back to Sanctuary.

Rocketz

Is it worth it to stay with The Minutemen or should I join the Brotherhood of Steel? I'm still very early in the story. I just clear the East City Downs side quest.

Sarcasm

Is it worth it to stay with The Minutemen or should I join the Brotherhood of Steel? I'm still very early in the story. I just clear the East City Downs side quest.

You can join them all. Just towards the end you have to choose one*, which excludes MM. You stay in that forever.

*Game lets you know when you are about to go beyond the point of no return.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone run into an issue/bug with the Finch Farms quest where you go into the Forge, and get to the final room with the boss and the farmers son, and it looks like there's an in-game sequence that is supposed to trigger to a dialogue section, but instead just goes into the son attacking you, and you have no way to go the Optional Quest way to save the son?

grind

Neo Member
Anyone run into an issue/bug with the Finch Farms quest where you go into the Forge, and get to the final room with the boss and the farmers son, and it looks like there's an in-game sequence that is supposed to trigger to a dialogue section, but instead just goes into the son attacking you, and you have no way to go the Optional Quest way to save the son?

Try approaching the boss slowing with the cursor pointed at him. Everyone in the room shouldn't be hostile when you first walk in.

Got a problem with "The Slog" settlement.

For some reason it keeps showing up as having 0 beds, despite the fact it does in fact have many beds, as soon as I go there and touch the workbench all the beds reappear listed as they should be, but I leave and a little while later it says 0 beds again.

Is driving the happiness way down. Any known fix to this? On console.

Edit: This started after it was attacked by gunners, I've noticed none of my settlers are using the beds at night, they just stand around or find chairs, even if I assign them a bed.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Try approaching the boss slowing with the cursor pointed at him. Everyone in the room shouldn't be hostile when you first walk in.
That's the problem: I go in with weapon holstered, and the camera is zoomed in on the boss dude in the armour for approx. 1 second as soon as I come in the door, before zooming out and then instantly being attacked by the farmers son. The son's the only hostile one at the beginning, but if I do attack him, everyone else starts having a go.

Uhhhh just chose the lone wanderer perk and it said it would give me +50 carry weight and it only gave me +15. 😯

EDIT NVM I was on the stat page looking at HP ignore me

So I looked it up and it seems Macready's perk is bugged. I'm permanently getting a 95% headshot chance in vats regardless of distance, cover, anything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I looked it up and it seems Macready's perk is bugged. I'm permanently getting a 95% headshot chance in vats regardless of distance, cover, anything.

Welcome to 2 weeks ago bro :p

I kid I kid. Its a known issue tho :)

Hm. My settlemant seems to have stopped putting purified water at my workbench. Any ideas why? According to the menu I am producing 76 water. Before, I would come back and their would be a health supply each time. Now, nothing.

so I found this pretty purple dress, wired it up with some ballistic fiber, made my pip boy pink to go with it, strapped a heating coil to a super sledge, and

7DNXaqH.gif

I dont think the wasteland is ready for me

So does that mean it doesn't actually use any ammo from your inventory, or it just doesn't require reloading?

It never requires reloading, heck, it doesn't even list a magazine size. You can fire so long as you have ammo on you.

It's...rather broken, honestly. With all the mods I have on it, it is an absolute nightmare for enemies.

Rean

I'm pretty much done with Fallout for now until patches roll out. Literally every Main and Faction mission as well as another side mission I was currently doing either froze my game up or the npcs weren't functioning properly. The area of that map around the Police Station specifically causes it to freeze whether I'm fast travelinig nearby or just walking towards a mission marker. It especially sucks since I've never had problems this severe playing a bethesda game before and I was just getting to the interesting missions.

Replicant

Someone keeps stealing my magazines >:|

Those dirty peasants. Isn't it enough that we have to deal with their unreasonable demands?

Last night Macy Long had the gall to tell me:

Her: "I had to hand it to you, this place is not bad. It's still a dump but it could be so much worse!"
Me: Thanks *bleep*!

Seeing his wife
murdered in front of his eyes
has not stopped my character from romancing everyone in the commonwealth.

It's 200 fucking years ago. He's allowed to move on.

Corpekata

Banned
Joy, more quest bugs where I get randomly aggroed by neutral NPCs. Doing the Special Delivery quest, talked to Maria like I was supposed to, she gave me info, then they decided to randomly attack me after.

Hm. My settlemant seems to have stopped putting purified water at my workbench. Any ideas why? According to the menu I am producing 76 water. Before, I would come back and their would be a health supply each time. Now, nothing.

Possibly other settlements it is linked with using it? Are your others settlements with enough water?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Took out the legendary assaultron just using a bottle cap mine next a fuel truck. Funniest encounter so far.

Possibly other settlements it is linked with using it? Are your others settlements with enough water?

I don't have any settlements linked? Does that happen automatically as you unlock more? I thought you needed a perk for that? I could be wrong.

Edit: I can confirm I have no settlements linked. I don't have the perk.

Weird. I was consistently getting water. Guess I'll have to play a bit safe from now on. This game is great and awful at the same time.

Joy, more quest bugs where I get randomly aggroed by neutral NPCs. Doing the Special Delivery quest, talked to Maria like I was supposed to, she gave me info, then they decided to randomly attack me after.

Happens to a few times only when I'm in a power armor. I fast traveled to Cabot's House, and suddenly the sentry bot started attacking even they were suppose to be friendly. Same thing with
Bobbi after completing the The Big Dig. I wanted to keep her alive because I thought she would give me more quest later.

Is there anyway to see how well your relationship is with a companion. I have done so much crap that Nick likes, but it's not giving me his mission

Corpekata

Banned
Happens to a few times only when I'm in a power armor. I fast traveled to Cabot's House, and suddenly the sentry bot started attacking even they were suppose to be friendly. Same thing with
Bobbi after completing the The Big Dig. I wanted to keep her alive because I thought she would give me more quest later.

Had it happen during the main quest even with
Kellog. Apparently you're able to actually talk with him. I thought he just set a trap for me or something.

Top Bottom