• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Also, dumb question: Is there an easier way to get to the repair and modify screens for the power armour my compansions are wearing?

The way it is now I have to go through several dialogue screens to tell them to get out, then exit my own power armour, walk over and get into theirs, walk it over to the power armour station, exit, and then I can work on it. Then repeat the whole spiel in reverse to get them back into it again. Sending them to "inspect the power armour station" while they're wearing power armour doesn't do anything. Not to mention that they get stuck half the time with the enter and exit animations. I've started messing up my aesthetics by building the power armour stations basically in the middle of the room so the dumb AI has an easier time getting into the things. :lol

The whole process does a fairly good job of discouraging me to use and upgrade and experiment with power armour for my companions at all. I'm hoping I'm just stupid and missing an obvious thing that would make this whole bit proceed a bit more painlessly.

Keep a spare frame at the crafting station
'Trade' companion PA parts from their frame while they're wearing it
Repair/Upgrade the parts at the crafting station with the spare frame
return the parts to your companions frame

I think that works but IDK. literally just now thought of that. Can you take parts off and put them on without a crafting station?

crustikid

I think that works but IDK. literally just now thought of that. Can you take parts off and put them on without a crafting station?

You can only equip parts at the crafting station. I think. So you can't trade back the repaired parts, I think.

Tabris

What's the point of no return for (end game-ish spoilers)
the minutemen if following the Institute quest line? No spoilers please, just quest name. I plan to reload to quickly after beating the institute - zoom through the railroad and brotherhood quests based on Powering Up and Mass Relay respectively then return back to wherever the minutemen would change. I want to have my after game be based on supporting the Minutemen.

Vice

What's the point of no return for
the minutemen if following the Institute quest line? I plan to reload to quickly zoom through the railroad and brotherhood quests based on Powering Up and Mass Relay respectively. I want to have my after game be based on supporting the Minutemen.
The Minutemen are the one faction that you can't alienate.

Lakitu

st5fu
I got the Local Leader (Rank 1) perk, how do I establish supply lines between settlements? Also, does that mean I can share resources like steel between settlements?

neoism

From the comments it looks like he found a glitch that lets you go around size limits on the consoles.

yeah ive done it some but damn took him 8 hours to get the stuff to make it lol...crazy.. it took me forever to get the two open gates closed off and then some lights and a little thing in the middle and my castle is like 90% already.... consoles really get boned.. :/

neoism

I feel like I am playing a different game them most GAFers. I went with a stealth/sniper build. I never use power armor and sneak around going for crit shots all the time. I should have speced for power armor. It's everywhere and constantley taunting me. Curse you BoS!

It's fine. I'll give that a try on my second playthrough.

yup same its how i play every beth game even ES... got 100 hours soo far only level 41 though. im also stopping stealth at 3 and ninja at 3 i really dont like just going into crouch just to caution enemies... im at like 50-60% stralth or something... its boudler line to easy even on survival sadly even though im fucked if two enemeis get real close.. all my weaps are silenced ...

even got a gauss but its still waay to load. plus it just takes up like 90 fucking % of the screen ..
whoever thought like 60fov was good enough...

whhhhhy.jpg

Haunted

ke229YR.gif

That works. Take the damaged parts off the companion via trade, repair and modify at the nearest power armour station and trade them back into their inventory. You can simply press (Y) to tell them to equip it and the parts immediately "appear" on their power frame. Feels like that's not quite intended, but I'll take it. :D

Tabris

Speaking of stealth, one of my biggest complaints is enemies will be on the floor up or floor down and I'll constantly have to hear the voice clips around "what was that noise? must have been hearing things" etc etc while I look for items.

It should only be based on the room upcoming. You should be able to clear a floor then go rummage without hearing that.

danowat

Banned
Is there anywhere to get power armour "parts" from?, or can you just find complete sets?

I found a nice set of T-60 armour, and a sentry bot decided to destroy an arm and a leg, so I can't even repair them.

So my settlements plans were to do this...

a5PvQXk.png

...but have Scorpion on the other side of the entrance.

Thing is, with all the generators and power lines, I'm in the yellow on my settlement size. Before I move towards building another lightbox, is it safe to assume there won't be enough room for another 20-ish generators and lightboxes?

Is there a way to rig timer switches to do both but not at the same time, like a 50/50 duty cycle? That would save a tremendous amount of building. I haven't tinkered with any of the logic stuff yet, just going for pure function by slapping whatever wherever lol.

Xiraiya

Still at the start of the game, I made multiple attempts and restarts getting the character I like and I think he's good to go now, whenever I can get my hands on my own copy of Fallout 4 (Family share for now)

Game looks quite nice when run in ideal circumstances.

BLunted

Banned
Is there anywhere to get power armour "parts" from?, or can you just find complete sets?

I found a nice set of T-60 armour, and a sentry bot decided to destroy an arm and a leg, so I can't even repair them.

You should still have them. When they are destroyed, they are returned to your inventory and can be repaired via the power armor crafting station/stand thingy, then re-equipped.

thenexus6

I've decided to move my super base to the castle instead of sanctuary i've tried to set a settler to establish a supply line but it didn't work. I tried with another settler and the castle isn't an option anymore..

What gives? Also can I send everyone from sanctuary to the castle? Some of the main settlers like Preston, Marcy can't be ordered around to move places.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Alright this mission is seriously irritating me. How the fuck do you
let go of the goddamn mini gun on that stupid ass gunship?

BLunted

Banned
Alright this mission is seriously irritating me. How the fuck do you
let go of the goddamn mini gun on that stupid ass gunship?

I just press A on controller(x for ps4 and E on keyboard)

EDIT: What Auto_aim1 said. I was thinking of the when I used a vertibird smoke grenade.

danowat

Banned
Possible spoilers, silver shroud mission.

In the silver shroud mission, when you kill Kendra, she has a contract for a kill, if you follow this, you find her in a national guard depot, along with a dead BoS Knight and a load of Ghouls.

My question is, who is she?, why is she there?, how come she hasn't been killed by the ghouls, and is this responsible for the Knights death? it's a bit of a bizarre setup!

TEH-CJ

Banned
This is by far the best game released next to bloodborne. It's my goty easily. Graphics are still blowing me away, Amazing lighting and probably the best explosions ever.

Also, anyone else love teaming up with STRONG!? He is hilarious haha.

Zocano

So, as I've said, I haven't been super hot about the story and how stilted most of the dialogue/writing feels, but "Blind Betrayal" is pretty damn good.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Possible spoilers, silver shroud mission.

In the silver shroud mission, when you kill Kendra, she has a contract for a kill, if you follow this, you find her in a national guard depot, along with a dead BoS Knight and a load of Ghouls.

My question is, who is she?, why is she there?, how come she hasn't been killed by the ghouls, and is this responsible for the Knights death? it's a bit of a bizarre setup!

That location is also part of a Paladin Danse quest (Missing Recon Team or something like that, if you do that quest you'll see/hear why they were there), the BoS stuff there is unrelated to the contract, she's just hiding there because there's a price on her head. No idea why though.

I really miss one thing from Skyrim in this, and that's that not all human(ish) enemies would automatically attack you. Instead they could warn you, show that they were ready to attack you, but let you go if you held your distance. Here they seem to start firing at you as soon as you enter their sight.

Sarcasm

I really miss one thing from Skyrim in this, and that's that not all human(ish) enemies would automatically attack you. Instead they could warn you, show that they were ready to attack you, but let you go if you held your distance. Here they seem to start firing at you as soon as you enter their sight.

Well that is probably due to honor in regards to Skyrim.

Post Apoc world..survival of the fittest I guess. I don't mind it cause the combat is actually good lol.

Well that is probably due to honor in regards to Skyrim.

Post Apoc world..survival of the fittest I guess. I don't mind it cause the combat is actually good lol.

Yeah I guess that they're more aggresive in that enviroment, and feel that you might have good stuff on you, but if I'm walking past some raiders with power armour and/or some ridiculously powerful weapons, I would like them to sometimes be like:

tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif

Sarcasm

Yeah I guess that they're more aggresive in that enviroment, and feel that you might have good stuff on you, but if I'm walking past some raiders with power armour and/or some ridiculously powerful weapons, I would like them to sometimes be like:

*GIF*

Yeah they should have that coded for small packs. But a medium+ should try to get that sweet sweeet armour.

vocab

i have little interest in building settlements. what am i missing out on in terms of rewards?
Nothing really. Im about to hit the 40 hour mark and they are completely disconnected from everything else. I dont even care when I fail a settlement defence because it doesnt change anything.

Onikaan

I just found a Railway Rifle...

I'm in LOVE. (that reload...)

With my Railroad black coal coloured T51, and my Railway Rifle, I'm a freaking indestructible Steam Engine with Guns.

danowat

Banned
that's good news. i was afraid there would be lots of easy money and weapons in it for me or something.

There is lots of money to be made, but it requires a lot of investment, you can also farm crafting mats.

But in reality, you won't be losing out on anything (maybe "free" XP) if you don't even touch the base building.

UberLevi

Is it ever explained how
Kellogg
was able to kidnap
Shaun
at the start and somehow not
age a single day
after
60 years
?

Is it ever explained why
Kellogg
was able to kidnap
Shaun
age a single day
after
60 years
?
Yes. "Father" talks about it quite a bit. He's had surgery that added all sorts of gadgets for long lasting life into his body. He's already well over 100 years old.

Lanrutcon

Is it ever explained how
Kellogg
was able to kidnap
Shaun
age a single day
after
60 years
?

Yeah, it was.

Same reason that

The Institute can produce life-like biological Synths. If you kill Kellogg, your character exclaims something to the point of '...he's barely human anymore...' in regards to all the modications he's had done.

Top Bottom