• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

UberLevi

Okay, I figured that was the excuse for it. The other thing that confused me is
why was he wandering the wasteland with ten year old synth Shaun
? Sorry if I'm asking stuff that's referred to very bluntly and I'm just missing it.

Recall

So which companion doesn't get all stressed out which I steal and open things? The constant barrage of "so and so dislikes that" has made me stick with Dogmeat.

N° 2048

Has anyone found a Jangle The Moon Monkey at the Starlight Drive-In?

The wiki says "One in a container at the Starlight Drive In."

but the actual guide doesn't mention anything. I looked everywhere. Can someone confirm?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Man I'm so lost with the loot/craft system. Can anyone share some basics? I don't know how to upgrade or what to do with most of the stuff I find.

danowat

Banned
Man I'm so lost with the loot/craft system. Can anyone share some basics? I don't know how to upgrade or what to do with most of the stuff I find.

What do you want to know?

Basics are, all junk you collect should be sent to a workbench using transfer junk option in the workbench menu.

Workbench items are shared across the same settlement, but not across other settlements, you need a perk and a supply line set up for that.

For crafting you will see the required materials, if you want these materials highlighted in the world (by a magnifying glass) click tag for search, this will show if each piece of junk contains a required material.

What's people's personal organisation strategies?

I am slowly going insane trying to stay on top of my junk misc apparel plus the crafting etc

Can you disassemble all the junk into the 12 or so component resources or you have to sort through endless lists of randomness to pull junk for crafting?

Do you store stuff in the crafting tables or in boxes?

Do you focus on one best weapon per ammo type and scrap the rest or just collect everything hoping to make sense of it later?

Ps: Anyone find the stun baton is OP? you can run around sentry bots or bosses, wailing on them keeping them almost in stun Lock due to the electric shock, it's ludicrous.

Denton

Silver Shroud quest is ridiculous and endless.

I wish this game had more elaborate quests than "fetch that" and "kill that" :(

but the actual guide doesn't mention anything. I looked everywhere. Can someone confirm?

I've encountered two of those monkeys in other places, but I can't pick them up?

I don't know who that is so its good to hear that I've yet to find all the companions.

MacCready over in
Goodneighbor
likes when you steal, so he's decent for that. I don't think I've ever stolen anything in this game, since I'm always rolling with either Piper, or Valentine. I like their ambient dialogue the best.

I finally finished the main plot last night and my x5 Idiot Savant procced upon completion. Ended up with something insane like 18,000 exp that got me from level 57 to 62 in one go. It was amazing.

The best place for crafting is probably Sanctuary Hills since it already has an armor and weapons table. Using one of these will bring up the upgrade menu which will show you the requirements in both scrap and perks to build each weapon mod. For instance, you might need some adhesive, some aluminum, and have Gun Nut at level two to build a longer barrel. If you don't have enough of a given material, the game will let you "tag" the materials you need which will add a magnifying glass next to them out in the field for easier identification.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
What do you want to know?

Basics are, all junk you collect should be sent to a workbench using transfer junk option in the workbench menu.

Workbench items are shared across the same settlement, but not across other settlements, you need a perk and a supply line set up for that.

For crafting you will see the required materials, if you want these materials highlighted in the world (by a magnifying glass) click tag for search, this will show if each piece of junk contains a required material.

Ok, that clear some things up, Thanks.
Also, about upgrading weapons and armos. I should just dismantle all the ones I won't use?

void666

Banned
So, i decided to cripple myself in order to make things a little more challenging. Or at least interesting. Stored my heavy combat armor set and all my OP weapons.
My armor now is a black retextured vault suit, black knit cap and some leather add ons.

I have on foot weapons to the right. Silenced 10mm gun and a silenced .50 sniper. And to the left i have power armor weapons. Sledge hammer, gauss rifle and minigun. And i'll stick to this loadout. No minigun while on foot.

Might as well store most of my 50 fusion cores. A mod that adds weight to fusion cores would be nice.

Roni

Gold Member
Is there anywhere to get power armour "parts" from?, or can you just find complete sets?

I found a nice set of T-60 armour, and a sentry bot decided to destroy an arm and a leg, so I can't even repair them.

National Guard Armory?

Started running around with her over the weekend. She is pretty awesome so far.

Her backstory is pretty badass/heartbreaking. Was not expecting the punch to the feels.

Roni

Gold Member
Thats the one I got.

I went there at level ~30 and there was an incomplete set of
X-01 Enclave Armor
, Helmet, Torso and two Arms. Shit's built like a fucking tank - I have them fully upgraded and it takes me standing there and deliberately taking hits for it to go anywhere near breaking point.

If you want to check another possible spot for a static drop of that armor,
head south, past the school in the marshes. Change your bearing to the west slightly upon reaching the school. There's a crashed Vertibird I'm pretty sure is Enclave, also found an X-01 set there. Helmet, Torso and Left Leg
. It might be static there, dunno.

The quest for the Right Leg continues, been looking for it for at least 12 hours now. Dunno when I'll get it though: started a new Very Hard playthrough with an Agility, Charisma and Perception woman since the game got too easy on Normal after I reached level 40 with a well rounded character. Intelligence perks, mostly, Armorer, Gun Nut, Science, Hacking... That sort of stuff.

And I feel like simply changing the difficulty now that I have top level gear is kinda cheating.

Vegito

Banned
So im gonna pick this up soon. Cant decide between ps4 or xbox one? Is there one version thats superior to the other? I heard both had weird fps issues when you zoomed in using a scope or something. Has that been fixed?

danowat

Banned
I went there at level ~30 and there was an incomplete set of
X-01 Enclave Armor
, Helmet, Torso and two Arms. Shit's built like a fucking tank - I have them fully upgraded and it takes me standing there and deliberately taking hits for it to go anywhere near breaking point.

If you want to check another possible spot for a static drop of that armor,
head south, past the school in the marshes. Change your bearing to the west slightly upon reaching the school. There's a crashed Vertibird I'm pretty sure is Enclave, also found an X-01 set there. Helmet, Torso and Left Leg
. It might be static there, dunno.

The quest for the Right Leg continues, been looking for it for at least 12 hours now. Dunno when I'll get it though: started a new Very Hard playthrough with an Agility, Charisma and Perception woman since the game got too easy on Normal after I reached level 40 with a well rounded character. Intelligence perks, mostly, Armorer, Gun Nut, Science, Hacking... That sort of stuff.

And I feel like simply changing the difficulty now that I have top level gear is kinda cheating.

Ahhh......so it's possible that the armour was incomplete when I picked it up then?

The quest for the Right Leg continues, been looking for it for at least 12 hours now.

I, too, am missing the right X-01 leg and have been for about a week now. Found multiples of every other part except that one and it's annoying the hell out of me how the X-01's silky smoothness clashes with the other more metallic models. Where the fuck is it?

Roni

Gold Member
I, too, am missing the right X-01 leg and have been for about a week now. Found multiples of every other part except that one and it's annoying the hell out of me how the X-01's silky smoothness clashes with the other more metallic models. Where the fuck is it?

Beats me, man... Beats me. That thing is fucking elusive. Though I think getting the arms to go with the torso is the most important thing for visual harmony.

I only noticed this playing Fallout 4, but I think the X-01 design is based on the Mirelurk carapace, it being developed post-Fallout and all. Pretty neat lore nugget if true.

Denton

What? That quest is relatively short.

Well first it's a fetch quest which alone takes some time to do, then it's 5 or 6 kill quests and then he gets taken and again i have to travel to kill some more. I don't mind long quests, but when it's just a string of low effort killing and fetching, it gets boring.

If you think that is long, don't attempt Valentines personal quest.

Is it at least more interesting ? Or is it just the same low effort trash.

I am about at 2.5 days played and I think I am all out of non-repeatable quests except
Molecular Level and Freedom Trail (which I assume are the same quest essentially)
welp guess its time to choose a side

I can't seem to talk to X6 for his quest. Every time I talk to him, he starts fighting. What gives?

Is he fighting with some Brotherhood dudes? That happened to me too so I just killed them and I was able to talk to him. There were no repercussions re: working with the Brotherhood.

N° 2048

I just realized something. Everyone's finish the main quest and finding sweet Power Armor and here I am fucking OCDing over Jangles The Moon Monkey collectibles .

Whatismylife.gif

psychotron

Is there a use for him? I've found a few and not bothered.

There's an uncomfortable amount of ending/story discussions here, that makes this thread a bit difficult to navigate for those of us who are still a long way from beating the game. Can't we keep that discussion in the designated spoiler thread?

I just realized something. Everyone's finish the main quest and finding sweet Power Armor and here I am fucking OCDing over Jangles The Moon Monkey collectibles .

Whatismylife.gif

Why are you collecting Jangles? Just for fun? I pick them up in the world because they have a lot of crafting components.

Roni

Gold Member

Those are not exactly mutually exclusive, you can find the best armor in the game without getting past the second story mission in the game.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Whatismylife.gif

Same here. I just now did the
courser
fight and got to see
the glowing sea
and thought I wasted like ten hours of gameplay wandering and doing side quests.
Until I had to fight the new enemies
. Two death claws are considerably harder than super mutants.

Same here. I just now did the
courser
fight and got to see
the glowing sea
and thought I wasted like ten hours of gameplay wandering and doing side quests.
Until I had to fight the new enemies
. Two death claws are considerably harder than super mutants.

I just made it there as well last night. Crazy how there are landmarks like a mile outside the zone border..I keep thinking, when is the game going to put up an invisible wall and they never do.

N° 2048

There's an uncomfortable amount of ending/story discussions here, that makes this thread a bit difficult to navigate for those of us who are still a long way from beating the game. Can't we keep that discussion in the designated spoiler thread?

Someone said there was too many spoilers in the spoiler thread lol
Yes. You read that right. I guess they mean it's hard for people almost at the end but don't know the ending yet.

I think as long as people don't post just spoiler tags, at least say [ENDGAME SPOILER] before the tags.

Top Bottom